Joey's Back....."Touch & Go".

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
147 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
185 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #81
pokora 
space
space
$1,168 | Props total: 5 5
 Stormtrooper said:
Nahhh homie that beats for real label release no indie.... just wait tell u n*ggaz here what he has for a major release...
good looks ...
so joe saves best beats for his major release
 03-20-2008, 05:39 AM         #82
Rob_136 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t song.
 10 years ago '04        #83
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
I consider myself a pretty big Joey fan but Christ, even I think this is hot garbage.

Beat is terrible, HOOK IS fu*kING HORRIBLE and verses are forgettable.

Yeah, I know everyone needs a "club" song but this just sounded like there was little effort to this.

Shelf this and leak that track with DMX.

Shame on you Joey.
 10 years ago '05        #84
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,333 | Props total: 1656 1656
This song is garbage, and I'm a Joey fan.
 10 years ago '04        #85
GoSensGo 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,817 | Props total: 453 453
 ruff said:
leak that track with DMX.
Yeah been waiting since '03 to hear that sh*t... :applause:

But yeah, I like it but at the same time don't...

Hard to explain, but I see what Joey is trying to do with his major release lp and can only wish him the best..

I just wish "Can't Control It" could've been the first single.. That was my jam of 07, and I had even put 20+ ppl on to it..
 10 years ago '05        #86
pokora 
space
space
 slimwillie said:
but Budden makes songs dissing all wack radio sh*t then conforms to making wack radio sh*t..

it's not hatin it's opinions :rolleyes: what do you expect everyone to be on Joey sack after a wack a.ss song
after one day, i cosign you
touch and go = bubble gum sh*t

budden needs to make a hot single in same vein as "walk with me" or single like k-rino
 10 years ago '07        #87
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 5462 5462
verses are dope as fu*k.....

the beat is ightttt i guess, sounds like some pop sh*t, Joey helped the beat tho
 10 years ago '07        #88
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 agent41 said:
what makes it so wack? the beat is decent, the hook is catchy for simple minded people and the lyrics are on point, nice punches, nice cliches. im just not sure why people call it wack or garbage. no its not top 20 most amazing i ever heard but its not that bad. its far better (lyrically) then alot of the club joints out now, ex waynes lollipop.
We have two diff. opinions. I personally think the beat is generic as fu*k. It's corny to me. And I know someone is gonna say "well all these other records are generic", but truth be told a record like Rick Ross' "The Boss" has a waaay better beat than this sh*t. Of course Joe's verses are on point the n*gga is a good rapper. But real talk the beat sounds like some sh*t gay n*ggas would vogue to especially when that hook comes in .
 03-20-2008, 12:26 PM         #89
JaeRell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stormtrooper said:
Yo i really been around the net twice ..looked at the comments and outside of here and Joe-budden Forum its been pretty positive.. for the most part, i mean i know everything isnt for every body.. but why is it n*ggaz give others free pass's and im going to say this.. those south n*ggaz have some really really bad sh*t, hell some ny n*ggaz have some really bad sh*t and n*ggaz will say oo that sh*t is cool???? I swear if Polo the Don did that beat n*ggaz would be all over it..lol Or maybe Ryan Leslie with his knock off Neptunes beats..lol.. or better yet recycled Cool & Dre beats with the same drum patterns, that sound like JR Rotem ..etc(_insert any south Producer name here__).. Mosst of y'all would love this but...lol its not

beats are part of what makes "hit" songs..

the beats joe budden gets for club songs are a.ss...almost all of them since his album came out...only songs with potential were "ain't fu*kin wit me"(flow and presence were there but was just an average swizz beat) and "stuntin"(chorus was dope..beat was average...flow was weak..same ole budden flow)

aside from "pump it up".."ain't fu*kin' wit me"...his "clubbin" and "whatever you want" verse...his flow and presence on club tracks aren't never there...and having average and wack beats don't help.

Last edited by JaeRell; 03-20-2008 at 12:27 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #90
Nash P 
space
space
$632 | Props total: 44 44
to stormtrooper:
i'm a huge joe budden fan..and i understand everything you're saying. but this song just doesn't work for me. its not that its a club song, or any of that other stuff you were saying...its just the song sounds outdated..doesn't sound fresh at all...
when i first heard it, i actually thought it was an unreleased song that was recorded many years ago...in which it might be.
when i hear this song...i don't get that..oh sh*t budden is about to takeover this rap game feeling.
as an artist...i know what hes trying to do...but i don't think this track should leave the cutting room.

just my opinion homie,
nashp
 10 years ago '07        #91
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,935 | Props total: 1531 1531
Not Bad...
 03-20-2008, 01:28 PM         #92
Knocka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the fans know he's been makin' joints like this his entire career...and to them, it won't take away from his other "moods" of music.
 10 years ago '07        #93
TheIncomparable 
space
space
$2,595 | Props total: 0 0
terrible + dissapointed = terribly dissapointed
 10 years ago '04        #94
Stormtrooper 
space
space
$747 | Props total: 47 47
 Nash P said:
to stormtrooper:
i'm a huge joe budden fan..and i understand everything you're saying. but this song just doesn't work for me. its not that its a club song, or any of that other stuff you were saying...its just the song sounds outdated..doesn't sound fresh at all...
when i first heard it, i actually thought it was an unreleased song that was recorded many years ago...in which it might be.
when i hear this song...i don't get that..oh sh*t budden is about to takeover this rap game feeling.
as an artist...i know what hes trying to do...but i don't think this track should leave the cutting room.

just my opinion homie,
nashp
Most Diff.. Im not mad at opinions never will be, and i respect yours. What im saying is no matter what he makes outside of MM type sh*t and rapping 80 bars n*ggaz will not like! thats what im saying. Only 2 records this year i consider crazy "Stronger" and "I Get Money" and to be honest i get money's beat is really so so but 50 k!lled that sh*t.. Now if Joe would have made either one of those records n*ggaz would still hate it. Its a club record take it for what it is. as i said i really dont mind opinions but when im lurking around the web and i see what n*ggaz let slide.. its amazing

Last edited by Stormtrooper; 03-20-2008 at 05:30 PM..
 03-20-2008, 05:17 PM         #95
hockeyplayer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
buddens is trying 2 get his money and he's trying 2 get that radio play that will bring back his old radio fans, he even said in an interview when asked about the fans that left him he basically said he'll get them back easily, padded room is gonna b more commerical, which makes sense cause if he's going 2 b releasing 2 albums this year mine as well make money off 1 and then k!ll critics on another, we'll c if it works
 10 years ago '05        #96
pokora 
space
space
What im saying is not matter what he makes outside of MM type sh*t and rapping 80 bars n*ggaz will not like.
but some mm type sh*ts are album tracks, thats not the problem
 10 years ago '05        #97
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,333 | Props total: 1656 1656
I don't get Joey..What's the chances of Joey selling 100k+ with this song? Not much.

Look at Lupe, dude came out with Superstar, made it a "hit" (somewhat) and sold around 100-200k with The Cool, and he did his OWN DAMN THING; he's not trying to make club records to get some sales..yet he still had some sales going for him. Look at Kweli and Common too last year, they went #1 with the songs they had on radio / the quality album they put out.

So why does Joey think he can't do that? If he made a QUALITY song, like catchy but also has substance, he might have a chance of selling. Joey ain't gonna sell like Lupe, why? Everyone knows Lupe but not everyone know Budden. So for Budden to come through and be like "I'm makin' a club record cause I need some sales, commercial type music is gonna get me some money..I'll make the quality album later", dude is ALREADY in the mindstate that his album is just going to be for money.

I'm not hating on Joey's hustle, nor am I hating on the man, but I just think its wrong for him to be in the mindstate that he's making an album just to sell records and make these pop a.ss songs. If he made a DECENT club record like Pump It Up I wouldn't mind, but damn..this song, the beat, the hook, AHHHHH. It sounds like a beat that some MySpace producer has made for a local club and sold it for $10, plus the hook sucks.

How you gon' compare..

"Shawty got low low low low low low" (with melody and harmonization, plus the beat ain't bad)

with

"Touch it and go" (annoying voice and production seems hella corny)

Flo Rida (who?) + T-Pain (everyone knows) + catchy melody + very mediocre lyrics + catchy hook + adlibs = Hit.

Joe Budden (who?) + great verses (but ain't no one checking for what people are rapping about on TV) + corny beat + hook (ew) is random as hell = I don't think anyone's going to like this..

Just my opinion.
 10 years ago '04        #98
Stormtrooper 
space
space
$747 | Props total: 47 47
 pokora said:
but some mm type sh*ts are album tracks, thats not the problem
Listen he makes Mood Music records like u breathe air!! People say make something different.. like lupe i read earlier guess what y'all he bricked.. twice 370,000 is a brick no matter what day and age.. Only reason which is sad to say anyone knows his single is because it has John santos on it.. It gets played on top 40 radio like nyc z100 when no urban radio was playing it,(until recently again) this is the truth i have seen BDS... And lupe isnt doing anything different he is talking about himself in 3rd person for the 15th time.. The people that like joe his core audiance will never allow him to do anything different unless he gets on a label or stays at DefJam and has a rapper that everyone respects say hey this is that sh*t!!! which is sad again!! Im not making this up look at 95 percent of the rappers people respect they got put on or co-signed by a big producer or a bigger rapper.. Ex.. Puffy used Mary J Blidge to intro Craig mack on the a Remix, Mack came out went Plat. Then puff used Mack to intro Big, Big comes out goes Plat. Puff use Big to intro Total, total intro 112 leads to Mase...etc I can take another rapper i know personally. Clue (his first album was crazy) used his Fame because he sold Plat and intro'd guess who Fab... 9 times out of 10 the n*gga that u like got intro'd by someone or he was already apart of a group example trick daddy is from Poisen Clan, or it was a really big grassroots movement like Wu-tang.. and even then Rza, and Gza had been in music and knew how to move

But they are some exceptions.. some people do just fall from the sky

Listen i am not telling y'all this is the best record.. but havent y'all been to the club??????????? seriously.. I have been out in a while cause im building my company up, but last time i went, the played the same sh*t like touch and go, and of course some other sh*t.. I never heard Lupe in the club, I dont hear the sheek sh*t in the club..

NYC Club Hit list

Rick Ross
Usher
Flo-rida
Ray J
Short-Lo
I heard Jim Jones has a record

Last edited by Stormtrooper; 03-20-2008 at 06:04 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #99
2pacalypse96 
space
space
$288 | Props total: 10 10
 agent41 said:
i agree but the only problem is he would only sell 20, 000 at most...most the people that buy records are people that aint fans just casual people that like the radio singles. out of the millions of fans 50 cent has how many do u think are real hip hop appreciaters...u can plug any high selling rapper in there...kanye, wayne...who ever...when it comes to selling and making money u have to have that bubble gum sh*t and joe knows that. if you arent making money for the label the label wont keep u. i think all he is doing is proving he can still put out a single. take the song for what it is. good to see him do this, cant do all mood muzik all the time
I agree I copped mm3 the album and im sure some other hip hop appreciaters did but joey needs 2 try 2 get the regular consumers to buy his cd.
 10 years ago '06        #100
2pacalypse96 
space
space
$288 | Props total: 10 10
 AK1 said:
I don't get the point of making the song though, like for real.

I'm a pretty big Joey fan, but why a club hit? First of all, what are the chances that this song does go big? Second of all, what's the last "hit" that actually sold records... I mean doesn't he wanna selling records because of this? If not, then uh.. what the fu*k?

Why can't real rappers make substance hits these days?.. try something different. Joey is not as famous as 50 Cent or Jay-Z... I dunno just my opinion.
Record labels dont think like us sadly :banghead: Most major labels not gonna push Joey if they feel he cant make some bubble gum sh*t
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
74 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
173 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
49 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
27 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy