Paying A Deposit Fee for New Sprint Customers With No Prior Credit...

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
22 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #1
13166 pageviews
31 comments

ACEMAN 
space
space
$2,361 | Props total: 0 0
Paying A Deposit Fee for New Sprint Customers With No Prior Credit...

i went to cop my moto Q 9c last nyte and was ready to pay for it and everything when the sprint worker told me i had to pay a deposit fee of $150 to run a credit check....im like wdf yall need to do dat for when i aint even got no credit to be ran....den he explained to me since im startin a new account in my name wit no credit dat i would have to do it and would recieve the money back n da form of a check with interest within a year....i just left cuz i didnt have damn near $400 on me....my thing is that sprint.com does not have it anywhere that this deposit fee had to be paid or i woulda been prepared for it....on top of that my gurlfriend has a sprint plan and she had absolutely no credit n she never had to pay no deposit fee for shyt...tell me the truth yalll...was this guy just tryna earn extra commission off me or what???...someone explain to me about this shyt please

31 comments for "Paying A Deposit Fee for New Sprint Customers With No Prior Credit..."

10 years ago '04        #2
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,735 | Props total: 23254 23254
best thing to do is call customer service. never deal with people in the sprint stores they don't know sh*t and can't fix your account, they have to call customer service themselves to help you out. might as well cut the middle man out and go straight to the source.

So some good advice folks. if you ever gonna buy a new phone or upgrade your account or do anything special to your account contact customer service and get it straightened out, so when u go to the store you wont have to deal with the worthless fu*ks that work in the store. just buy your phone and bounce. they be trynna hustle you for commission and sh*t.
 10 years ago '05        #3
wr8201 
space
space
$5,894 | Props total: 4 4
^^^ right

jus order it and u will receive it the next day depending on what time u order it
 10 years ago '07        #4
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
Im a manager of a corporate Sprint store and no disrespect but Adwerdz you may have had a bad experience in a store but you have no clue what you are talking about. If you are a BRAND new customer with no credit, you more than likely will have a deposit ranging from $50-$150. That's just based upon the system running your credit. If you did it online, don't worry, they use the exact same system and your deposit populates at the end of the transaction. And trust me, customer care messes up more customers accts. than in store and half the time you can't even understand the cust. care rep on the phone so that's a big waste of time. Aceman, if you went to a CORPORATE Sprint store and not one of those "Side Dealers" then more than likely the $150 was right. We can get into lots of legal trouble if we pocketed deposits(like jail time). And besides, if you don't have any credit in your name, that $150 is good. Go over to Verizon, At&t or T-mobile and watch how high their deposits are! Sorry for the story but I love my company and I hate when people give an opinion off of either mis-information or 1 or 2 bad experiences.
 10 years ago '04        #5
S|S 
space
space
$11,588 | Props total: 2 2
T-Russ is correct.

When you start a new account with Sprint (or any cell phone carrier for that matter), you will get a hard hit on your credit, and if you aren't an ideal candidate, you will have to pay a deposit. Go online and get a free credit report, since you have no credit you shouldn't see any negatives. If you do, then you have the reason for your deposit requirement. Whether you do it online, through the phone, or in the store, your credit is checked all the same.
 10 years ago '04        #6
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,735 | Props total: 23254 23254
yea sprint stores have uninformative people. i been turn away plenty of times (years ago)saying to call customer service for my problem, they couldnt fix it.

I went to get my mobile 2 days ago and the women acted like she didnt know how to work the phone. then tells me i need the 30 dollar vision pack to use the mogul, and i had the $15 access pack and customer service rep said it was fine.

i just realizes years ago that those sprint workers in the store are worthless bums and some (not all)of them dont have respect or dignity to help customers.
 10 years ago '06        #7
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
sh*t I payed 150 at At&t for my new contract. Just pay it and you get it back in like a year or something.
 03-17-2008, 09:14 PM         #8
BreatheEasyy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
reps make absolutely no money on deposits.
as a matter of fact they hate when you got a deposit because then they cant hit you with more lines.
there was loop holes in the fast system wher you coulda found a way around the deposit but they cleaned up the glitch when the moved the the snap system.

just be glad with the 150 iv seen some customers flat out get turned down.
 10 years ago '05        #9
ACEMAN  OP
space
space
i feel everything im being told...i appreciate dat feedback as well....but by chance if i got some credit established with lets say CapitalOne...would by chance lower the $150 to activate one line???....i dont mind paying for the phone and activation fee n shyt...but im just upset that i never read up on anything about paying additional $50 to $250 to get the damn line....imma more den likely have to wait for my next check to come in so i can go ahead and get er done....but would gettin a credit card lower the rate???
 10 years ago '06        #10
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
sh*t man. Dude told me when I was buying my sh*t I was on the tip of one of the tiers and my deposit was gonna be but since i didnt miss a payment on my old phone plan it was $150. I had 500$ cash and still had to come outta pocket like 100$ on my debit card to get everything set up. fu*kin At&t Tilt broke my a.ss....lol
 10 years ago '04        #11
S|S 
space
space
 ACEMAN said:
i feel everything im being told...i appreciate dat feedback as well....but by chance if i got some credit established with lets say CapitalOne...would by chance lower the $150 to activate one line???....i dont mind paying for the phone and activation fee n shyt...but im just upset that i never read up on anything about paying additional $50 to $250 to get the damn line....imma more den likely have to wait for my next check to come in so i can go ahead and get er done....but would gettin a credit card lower the rate???
First, get a free credit report online. This way you'll know exactly where you stand. If you're looking to build your credit, it'll take a few months before any movement is significant enough to change your credit so that it may boost your #.
 10 years ago '05        #12
ACEMAN  OP
space
space
Good lookin yall....i just went to another Sprint carrier store and purchased the original Moto Q...i saved myself bout $30 bucks....and im mailing my rebate after i get up off here...thank yall for yall help and now dat i got this all i can do is enjoy my phone to its maximum enjoyment and pay my bills on time to get my credit goin good...thank yall for all yall feedback..it made me a more knowledgeable person about how credit (especially good credit) is a must n dis world
 10 years ago '04        #13
S|S 
space
space
the original Moto Q is weak. should've went with the Q9c. also, unless you pay your bills with a credit card (then pay off the credit card each month right after you use it), having one cell phone line open won't really help your credit much.
 10 years ago '07        #14
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
Yeah not to diss your decision on the Moto Q, but you should have just waited till you got the money because I used to have the Moto Q (last year) and I will be honest, it has lots of issues. Well you have 30 days.... try out that phone but when you get paid again, just exchange it for something else and pay the difference in price because the Moto Q is gonna be a headache in the long run (trust me)
 10 years ago '06        #15
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,449 | Props total: 1099 1099
 wtr1906 said:
Yeah not to diss your decision on the Moto Q, but you should have just waited till you got the money because I used to have the Moto Q (last year) and I will be honest, it has lots of issues. Well you have 30 days.... try out that phone but when you get paid again, just exchange it for something else and pay the difference in price because the Moto Q is gonna be a headache in the long run (trust me)
this neyo lookalike mothafu*ka sounds like he knows what hes talkin about.
 03-18-2008, 11:30 PM         #16
deanwoof 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ lol

corporate sprint stores are better than the 3rd party retailers. those guys are really shady.

the girl that said you had to have the 30 vision pack was part right. you need to have a data plan of 25+ to qualify for the $100 mail in rebate. will the 15 pack work? absolutely. will you get your $100? absolutely not.

now as far as if the rep was being honest or not, after you pay for the deposit (150) and the phone, look at the receipt that prints out. it should say DEPOSIT 150. if it's not there, then you get the manager involved. if you can, pay with a credit card. it's easier to dispute sh*t like this.

and definately you should exchange that Q for the Q9. that was one of the worst phones made. what you should do is go back to the same sprint store, talk to the same guy that sold you phone. tell him you were thinking about returning the phone altogether because the Q sucks. see how he tries to "save" his commission sale. tell him you saw the Q9 on sale at some website and it was only $50 or some sh*t. most likely he'll price match it or at least exchange it for the Q9 for the same price. just try it. make sure you go before the month ends so he doens't look his commission sale.
 10 years ago '05        #17
ACEMAN  OP
space
space
Whats so bad about the moto q???....im just asking i got tyme to exchange it and pay the difference and all...but honestly tell me whats so bad about it???....all im really usin it for is calling people....and text messaging...one thing i cant figure out is how to get off da internet even tho i got unlimited date usage n shyt i would like to kno how to get up off dat shyt
 10 years ago '07        #18
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
 Comic Book Guy said:
this neyo lookalike mothafu*ka sounds like he knows what hes talkin about.
Funny :rolleyes:..... but I have been at Sprint (Originally Nextel) for 3 yrs. so I hope I know a little something. Aceman, I'm not saying get rid of it if you like it because ultimately its your choice but just from personal experience and seeing numerous customers bring that phone into my store for service and repair, you might want to think about getting something different. Its just food for thought.
 10 years ago '05        #19
ACEMAN  OP
space
space
^^^give me the scoop....what are some of the major defects or problems that came up with this phone??...it may or may not affect me depending on what it is
 10 years ago '04        #20
S|S 
space
space
Heard that battery problems are a big flaw, slow and locks up, guess they never released a ROM update for it (I'm a.ssuming) so all the bugs are still on it from when it originally released.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
39 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
294 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
186 comments
2 days ago