Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
38 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
84 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #41
TniaS 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,490 | Props total: 720 720
No matter how it ended you have to give it up for bein a good series. Every episode had its moments. Every season was great except maybe the last one....

Anyways the dude with Mike at the rim shop wasnt anyone special, he aint gay...

The thing I hated is the end of the last episode when Dukwan got dropped off with the junkman i said O hell no dont let Dukie get on dat shyt too! haha I was pissed about that he was always a good kid...Tryin to scam Presbo out some cash haha...

It was funny how Cheese got BLASTED always runnin his mouth... but yeh like someone else said, the whole series is about no matter who is alive the game is the game.... no matter who drops out the game is the game its what the whole show was about from the government to the newspaper to the streets.... you CANT stop all this corrupt shyt cuz theres just to many forces out there keeping it running...

ANYWAYS GREAT series, there wont be one like it again.... I've watched since day 1 and think season 1 and 2 were the best.... Avon and Old school Cutty was my fav out of everyone who was yalls fav?
 03-10-2008, 10:52 PM         #42
Michael Jordan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MosDefinition said:
the newspaper is probably the most important part of the whole damn process the media influences what people care about how the majority will view what was going on

just look at omar the newspaper showed just how insignificant his character was in the grandscheme of things

his death was talked about in the news room for 5 secs and not put in the paper
uhm ok. I think thats common knowledge that nobody cares about who the fu*k Omar is outside of the hood. He's a hood legend thats it.

The Wire is not about the newpaper sector..

I'm sorry but I wanted them to end the show on how it was created. Focusing on the streets and the police sector. It was nice to see a newpaper side of things but to have it as one of the major focal points in the finale was the wrong move.

You don't need to devote 30 minutes of your finale, THE LAST EPISODE EVER to a news paper sector that debuted THIS SEASON! 15minutes on Bubbles, the editor got so much damn t.v time was its beyond crazy. God damn, they didn't even show the Co'Ops reaction to the lock ups. They completely abandoned the streets in the final scene, and only gave it a once over in the final 2 minutes. fu*k outta here with that sh*t.

Last edited by Michael Jordan; 03-10-2008 at 10:55 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #43
T-Styles 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,182 | Props total: 0 0
what Co-op? Marlo deaded the meetings when he went to monk and cheese in charge of west and east. the newspaper was a big part of this season, would you rather they left it out of the finale and maybe focused on the docks and union? maybe they should have spent more time on the greeks...or maybe they should have focused on all the kids from season 4. every season had it's "tie-in" to the streets & police. School System, Gov't, Media, Union, etc.
 03-10-2008, 11:49 PM         #44
Gadgetgirl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just got through watching it on my TiVo...knew this thread would pop up ;)

I happened to feel that the "ending" fits. It's an ending for us, the viewers but as a whole, the episode pretty much shows how sh*t will continue.

Duquan-Like someone else mentioned, you sort of saw his fate coming. When Mike dropped him off where the junkies were last week, it was inevitable that he'd be on the H. He needed to be needed, to be of some use. He wasn't a leader, and left alone he followed behind the first person who took him in. Sad.

Mike-He was NOT meant to be a foot soldier. When Snoop told him that he'd "Never be one of us!" it was a double meaning. Snoop (RIP) and Chris made good soldiers as they pretty much did their jobs and kept the chatter to themselves. Mike was questioning things, trying to understand the reasoning behind things...Marlo needed him dead but for the wrong reason (he just didn't know it.) Mike wasn't going to be popping guys like that for long if things hadn't played out (the bust) the way it did. It was an interesting touch with Mike becoming like Omar (RIP) being the new stickup kid (with a sidekick).

McNulty-Hell, Jimmy (and Lester) weren't going get locked up! A couple of eps. back when Jimmy was sh*tting bricks, Lester was still cool and calm. The only thing that threw him off was when Jimmy admitted to telling Kima about charade. He knew Kima couldn't let that bullsh*t continue, but Lester was always a smart, cagey guy. He's been around a long time not land on his feet. I LOVED the mock funeral (well, Jimmy's and Lester's police days are over...) at the bar and the fact that Jimmy took his pissed off wife's words to heart and started being a husband and not a drunken man-ho bastard. I could see him becoming a PI.

The Sun-I'm prob.one of the few who enjoyed that newspaper storyline (my brother hated it) and it gave folks a peek inside a newsroom and how mundane sh*t could be one minute and how some slimy pricks brown nose their way to the top pulling stories out their a.sses the next. For every senior newspaper journalist trying to keep some integrity in the office, there are idiots higher up that just want meaty stories while pretending not to know that the sources behind such stories couldn't hold water. Watching Jimmy tearing Scott a new a**hole was beautiful. Of course Scott gets the Pulitzer, but that's life...

Carcetti (and the rest of his "men") Man...the way the epi began was pure genius! Even his right hand man had to laugh at the lunacy of it all ! You knew a coverup was going down with side deals taking place everywhere. Not much to say...it's all politics, right?

There's more to discuss about the finale but I'm getting sleepy :sleepy: Figures Slim Charles would have figured out about Prop Joe's fate as Chedder Bob couldn't lead his stream of p!ss into a toilet (let alone a crew) and his mouth was too big. Guess Marlo was right as stepped into PJ's shoes...one could tell with each epi past that Chris sort of knew things were going to derail...Nice that in this season you saw how Weebey's son was shaping up to make something of his life while the kid left at the foster home had to man up to survive (I forgot their names). Marlo...he seems to have a touch of Avon and Stringer (RIP) Bell.

Overall, it was a great ending to one hell of a series. Hopefully they will at least get an Emmy (yeah right ) next year.

Last edited by Gadgetgirl; 03-10-2008 at 11:52 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #45
insert.cliche 
space
space
$1,283 | Props total: 8 8
look simpletons...

season 5 was about THE MEDIA...and it's role in the on-going problems in the inner city. sure, parts of the finale were meant to tie together the series as a whole, but more than anything, this season was separate unto itself, just as the others were, to illustrate how specific elements fed into the madness.

bi*ch all you want but david simon didn't compromise the vision of this series for anyone. he presented his view of the city of baltimore...and to a larger extent, the inner cities of the world...and he did it w/o flinching eye to the truth of it all. there is no silver lining. there is no happy ending. the destructive cycle will continue. for every marlo that gets taken off the streets, there will be a gang of others clamoring to take his place. for every self righteous, self-serving stick up kid that gets his in the end, there is another waiting in the wings, shotgun in hand.

and ps. there will be no 'wire' movie. the show tied up all the loose ends without having to doing so explicitly. enter all your ideas for a movie...it won't matter. b/c everything i've heard from ppl on this forum basically reinforces that the story continues on. different faces, same story. again and again. just let it go ppl. it was good while it lasted.
 10 years ago '04        #46
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,358 | Props total: 11563 11563
man i didnt want 2 see dude be a basshead
 10 years ago '04        #47
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 icedout921 said:
why r u negative on everything how did it suck?
Don't lie. It totally did. The ending to Season 3 was great. Nobody expected Stringer to get shot like that. And Avon went to jail. Didn't see that coming.

But this sh*t. I called everything from the beginning. I said Dukie was going to be a bum again.

n*ggas gave Cutty (a great character that they barely developed) that tiny a.ss cameo. Naymond came back for like 2 scenes, looking all fat and sh*t. Getting adopted by Bunny? How the fu*k did that happen? His mom let that sh*t ride? I wonder how Wee-Bey feels about it. Randy looking all fu*ked up in the group home. One scene for that n*gga too? Besides Dukie, he was like the most promising kid. If I was to pick any one of them from Season 4 to become a straight up stone cold k!ller, it would have been Randy. He used to be the jokester/business man until those boys fu*ked him up for "snitching" and then firebombing Miss Anna's house. Did she even live? I can't remember.

The whole "We're gonna focus on the media" sh*t was a.ss. First couple of episodes were about the cutbacks, then everything was about Templeton making sh*t up and Gus getting pissed about it and nobody was listening to him, except for Alma. She was wack and ugly anyway. They made a big a.ss deal about her when she went early as fu*k to get the paper, and having her and McNulty in the store at the same time like sh*t was going to pop off.

Too many red herrings this season.

The d*ckheads of the season are the ones that came out on top. Carcetti, Rawls, Herc, Marlo, and Templeton. fu*k them.

Everybody else got fu*ked. McNulty and Lester. I would have at least stole Kima for telling. fu*king bi*ch. She could have said something at the scene of the copycat when Jimmy told Bunk that Daniels knew. That c*nt.

I don't give a fu*k. They made Omar go out gay as hell. Little bi*ch a.ss Kenard. fu*k, man. Prop Joe went out fu*ked up too.

I was mad the episode was 94 minutes and it was a gigantic c*ck up. Yeah they tied up some loose ends, but there are still a bunch more. At least a little closure to the Marlo situation. The fu*k was the point of him getting tough on the dude on the corner? This n*gga Marlo stayed behind the scenes, they knew his name, maybe not his face. All he did was ride around and hang in the park for the last two seasons. Not to mention, he's dumb as sh*t. He's real smart when it comes to the drug game. No doubt. But when it came to the business side of things, he was a fu*king idiot. The whole trip to the offshore bank and the party. Fish out of water.

I swear, the n*gga that made out the best Bubbles. Now he's allowed upstairs. I used to get pissed at his fu*king bi*ch of a sister. He brought you crabs goddamnit.

Where the fu*k is Reynaldo? They should have at least showed him coming back to Baltimore, looking for Omar and then k!lling mad n*ggas. Omar couldn't even get a memorial service?

I'm a little pissed over that sh*t. HBO has been on some dumb sh*t with the endings of their series. The best one to me was 6 Feet Under's ending. (I never got into Deadwood or Carnivale. Not one for period pieces.) Oz was great until the last episode. Yeah, it had good closure, but I was really upset when Augustus died. How are you going to narrate to me all this time, and then die?

Looks like HBO is going to be on some nut sh*t for a while. Entourage is taking forever and a day to get back on. Same for Flight of the Conchords.

Showtime doesn't look promising either. The ending for the last season of Weeds didn't really leave much room for a new season. I don't even know what direction they're going to take Dexter in. Now they're showing reruns on fu*king CBS. (wack a.ss channel.) The only thing I have to look forward to is Californication. But who knows how that can go? I can't think of anything. Damn show doesn't start filming again until April. (fu*king Writer's Strike.)
 10 years ago '04        #48
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 insert.cliche said:
look simpletons...

season 5 was about THE MEDIA...and it's role in the on-going problems in the inner city. sure, parts of the finale were meant to tie together the series as a whole, but more than anything, this season was separate unto itself, just as the others were, to illustrate how specific elements fed into the madness.

bi*ch all you want but david simon didn't compromise the vision of this series for anyone. he presented his view of the city of baltimore...and to a larger extent, the inner cities of the world...and he did it w/o flinching eye to the truth of it all. there is no silver lining. there is no happy ending. the destructive cycle will continue. for every marlo that gets taken off the streets, there will be a gang of others clamoring to take his place. for every self righteous, self-serving stick up kid that gets his in the end, there is another waiting in the wings, shotgun in hand.

and ps. there will be no 'wire' movie. the show tied up all the loose ends without having to doing so explicitly. enter all your ideas for a movie...it won't matter. b/c everything i've heard from ppl on this forum basically reinforces that the story continues on. different faces, same story. again and again. just let it go ppl. it was good while it lasted.
Man, after this season, fu*k DAVID SIMON.

I called the whole "cyclical, vicious circle" thing at the beginning. But still. The way sh*t went could have been way better. It's fu*ked up about Daniels, but still.

If Season 5 was about "THE MEDIA", it sucked. First it's budget cuts (slightly interesting) then it gets to Templeton just making sh*t up. I don't know how many times I thought Gus was going to catch this n*gga and serve him his "just desserts". Every fu*king time, old Scott gets away. It went from "Budget Cuts" to "Newsroom Rivals" and then to Scott coming up with the win. Alma's ugly a.ss gets the boot to the boonies and Gus is still Gus. fu*king thing turned into a moral lesson about integrity and proper journalism. Inserting the preachy message into a show about Baltimore's violent and drug filled streets seemed a little camp. To me, it felt like David Simon did a little "shark jumping".

I could have sworn that they last season was supposed to be like the 4th and closely follow the newsroom, the same way they spent the majority of the 4th season in the schools. There were a couple of storylines that all had to do with the school itself. Prezbo and Dookie, Bunny and Naymond, Randy and his issues, Mike and Prezbo, all of the kids.

A couple of shots of Gus cursing, Alma's ugly mug, and Templeton being a douche didn't really do it for me.

Calling people simpletons because they won't drink the Kool-Aid is a little silly. Next you'll try to convince people that "Donnie Darko" was a fantastic movie and should be preserved by the LOC. I know a good show. This wasn't it. Not this season. After Omar died, I started not to give a fu*k anymore. I finished the season because I don't quit shows during a season. I guess I wanted to see if they would redeem the show and reverse my disappointment. I felt the same way about John From Cincinnati. It was really "mysterious" at first and I thought it was going to get hot. But it continued to be a broken pencil show. I do believe that if it was given a second season, perhaps the writers could have come up with a very good explanation for the first season.

Did anybody "get" the show? Give you a dollar for the explanation.
 10 years ago '06        #49
insert.cliche 
space
space
$1,283 | Props total: 8 8
im not clowning b/c ppl aren't 'drinking the kool aid.' im clowning b/c ppl don't understand the obvious.

each season reflected a specific element that contributed to the problems in the city. i'm not reading into anything...they came out and said it before the season started. this season was about the MEDIA and how they fed into the destructive cycle. last season it was the school system. and so on.

if you don't know that, it's one thing. if you still don't get it? then yes, you're a simpleton.
 10 years ago '04        #50
Drunk By Myself 
space
space
space
$1,811 | Props total: 0 0
I have no problem with how it ended. Everything that the previous posts were talking about simply show the realities of life. No one is invincible and life is unpredictible (Omar geting done in by Kenard), Politics as usual (cover up of the homeless murders), Politics...as usual (Templeton's brown nosing), its not always the honest good guys that come out on top, and the endless cycle of the inner city.

No doubt the newspaper story was lame. They could have done better. Everyone is saying that it shows how it contributes to the cycle, but little emphasized on that, it was more about lying to get ahead in the newsroom.

Too many loose ends at the end. Im glad sh*t ended the way it did. Everyone seems to have their own idea of how it should have ended or how they wanted it to end, but such is life that it is unpredictible. David Simon showed that in his ending.

The season needed the 3 other episodes though to add in the necessary details on the storylines and loose ends.
 03-11-2008, 02:46 PM         #51
datchigyrl25 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Floeji said:
Don't lie. It totally did. The ending to Season 3 was great. Nobody expected Stringer to get shot like that. And Avon went to jail. Didn't see that coming.

But this sh*t. I called everything from the beginning. I said Dukie was going to be a bum again.

n*ggas gave Cutty (a great character that they barely developed) that tiny a.ss cameo. Naymond came back for like 2 scenes, looking all fat and sh*t. Getting adopted by Bunny? How the fu*k did that happen? His mom let that sh*t ride? I wonder how Wee-Bey feels about it. Randy looking all fu*ked up in the group home. One scene for that n*gga too? Besides Dukie, he was like the most promising kid. If I was to pick any one of them from Season 4 to become a straight up stone cold k!ller, it would have been Randy. He used to be the jokester/business man until those boys fu*ked him up for "snitching" and then firebombing Miss Anna's house. Did she even live? I can't remember.

The whole "We're gonna focus on the media" sh*t was a.ss. First couple of episodes were about the cutbacks, then everything was about Templeton making sh*t up and Gus getting pissed about it and nobody was listening to him, except for Alma. She was wack and ugly anyway. They made a big a.ss deal about her when she went early as fu*k to get the paper, and having her and McNulty in the store at the same time like sh*t was going to pop off.

Too many red herrings this season.

The d*ckheads of the season are the ones that came out on top. Carcetti, Rawls, Herc, Marlo, and Templeton. fu*k them.

Everybody else got fu*ked. McNulty and Lester. I would have at least stole Kima for telling. fu*king bi*ch. She could have said something at the scene of the copycat when Jimmy told Bunk that Daniels knew. That c*nt.

I don't give a fu*k. They made Omar go out gay as hell. Little bi*ch a.ss Kenard. fu*k, man. Prop Joe went out fu*ked up too.

I was mad the episode was 94 minutes and it was a gigantic c*ck up. Yeah they tied up some loose ends, but there are still a bunch more. At least a little closure to the Marlo situation. The fu*k was the point of him getting tough on the dude on the corner? This n*gga Marlo stayed behind the scenes, they knew his name, maybe not his face. All he did was ride around and hang in the park for the last two seasons. Not to mention, he's dumb as sh*t. He's real smart when it comes to the drug game. No doubt. But when it came to the business side of things, he was a fu*king idiot. The whole trip to the offshore bank and the party. Fish out of water.

I swear, the n*gga that made out the best Bubbles. Now he's allowed upstairs. I used to get pissed at his fu*king bi*ch of a sister. He brought you crabs goddamnit.

Where the fu*k is Reynaldo? They should have at least showed him coming back to Baltimore, looking for Omar and then k!lling mad n*ggas. Omar couldn't even get a memorial service?

I'm a little pissed over that sh*t. HBO has been on some dumb sh*t with the endings of their series. The best one to me was 6 Feet Under's ending. (I never got into Deadwood or Carnivale. Not one for period pieces.) Oz was great until the last episode. Yeah, it had good closure, but I was really upset when Augustus died. How are you going to narrate to me all this time, and then die?

Looks like HBO is going to be on some nut sh*t for a while. Entourage is taking forever and a day to get back on. Same for Flight of the Conchords.

Showtime doesn't look promising either. The ending for the last season of Weeds didn't really leave much room for a new season. I don't even know what direction they're going to take Dexter in. Now they're showing reruns on fu*king CBS. (wack a.ss channel.) The only thing I have to look forward to is Californication. But who knows how that can go? I can't think of anything. Damn show doesn't start filming again until April. (fu*king Writer's Strike.)
Did you not see the last episode of Season 4? Weebay told Namond mom that she was gonna give him up. He said he wanted him to make something of himself, and she was upset because Namond wasn't gonna become a soldier, but she knew her place. Yeah he was in jail but he made it very clear that if she didn't he had his ways of f*ckin her up basically.

Second, I mean come on now, you must not know how life or politics work. Of course people like Carcetti, Rawls, Templeton, and so on were going to make it on top. That's how REAL life is. There are very few times where the good guys prevail. That's what basically every season of the Wire showed. It sounds like you wanted there to be a happy ending. This is not a movie. That's the one thing I love about the Wire, that it is not made for TV. It shows you how sh*t really goes down, and the reality of everything. In real life, there is hardly ever a happy ending.

Third, come on, who's gonna give a memorial service for Omar? Are you serious? He robbed the whole neighborhood. Who was gonna be there? His boyfriend? Everybody else Marlo had k!lled. I mean I loved Omar's character just everybody else, but that would have made no sense.

Last edited by datchigyrl25; 03-11-2008 at 02:51 PM..
 03-11-2008, 03:40 PM         #52
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Repressed said:
They bascially wrapped the whole street side of the series up in ep 8 and 9. The newspaper and the McNulty and Freeman scandal was just as entertaining as the streets.
more so imo

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 03-11-2008 at 03:41 PM..
 03-13-2008, 03:02 PM         #53
super swag 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea it did i didnt like it either.....
 03-13-2008, 04:40 PM         #54
dipsetgrl022 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All finales suck...u saw tha sopranos...I watched every season..even copped each season on DVD for 80 bux a pop..2 get left wit a black screen...
 10 years ago '07        #55
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
i thought the finale was so fu*king boring
and i thought that marlo sh*t was wack when he walked up on those two hoppers and the one n*gga got a gun and marlo throws a punch and they run i was like get the fu*k outta here.
 10 years ago '04        #56
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,046 | Props total: 9 9
I thought the ending was perfect. I was upset Dook started shooting up, but everybody knew that was going to happen. I also liked how Marlo became a nobody when he got out of jail. And that Mike became the new Omar, even used an Omar line.
 03-13-2008, 06:22 PM         #57
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Floeji said:
Naymond came back for like 2 scenes, looking all fat and sh*t. Getting adopted by Bunny? How the fu*k did that happen? His mom let that sh*t ride? I wonder how Wee-Bey feels about it.
We know how Weebay feels about it he approved and made that fat b!tch let Naymond go with Colvin, they showed that at the end of season 4 or whatever...
 03-13-2008, 07:38 PM         #58
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wire finale was weak and sucked

and lmao @ wire nuthuggers here
 03-13-2008, 08:43 PM         #59
boxer_1229 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I woulda liked for them to make your own ending... not like sopranos but end it before mcnaulty "sees" into the future. Just my opinion
 10 years ago '08        #60
menaceAbn 29 heat pts29
space
space
$1,724 | Props total: 7 7
i liked soooooo

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
78 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
53 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
114 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
255 comments
2 days ago