How Do Rappers Get Paid Off Of Mixtapes?

most viewed right now
Video inside Game Caught Frauding Yet again.:memedudehah:
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dream Chaser's Takbar responds to Game
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Beans Really Did Get Ko'd
368 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Game goes to NORTH PHILLY for some cheesesteak
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1
9741 pageviews
14 comments

EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,481 | Props total: 2 2
How Do Rappers Get Paid Off Of Mixtapes?

And How Do Bootleggers Get Them And Make Money Off Of That When The Rapper Gets Money?How?

14 comments for "How Do Rappers Get Paid Off Of Mixtapes?"

03-08-2008, 02:16 AM         #2
0 killacam 0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they usually dont because their tapes have copyrighted material. its mostly for promotion. if ur sh*t is original then u can sell it in stores.

like jim jones harlem gangster
 9 years ago '07        #3
MELODY 15 heat pts15
space
space
$9,777 | Props total: 596 596
1. Rappers Dont Get Paid Off Mixtapes, They Are Supposed To Be A Promotional Tool.

2. Some Djs Do Try To Profit Off Mixtapes. Like Drama, But Look What Happened To Him.

3. Mixtapes Cannot Be Sold Unless Its All Cleared Original Material Meaning All The Producers Gave The Ok To Use The Beat And Got Paid For It And The Publisher Got Paid For Using The Sample On The Beat, Etc.

4. People Used To Be Slick And Try To Sell Mixtapes Until Drama Got Locked Up. Notice How Mixtapes Are Now Being Offered For Free.

5. If You Have A Mixtape Site Where You Sell Mixtapes There Are Ways Of Getting Around This.
 9 years ago '04        #4
Dash420 14 heat pts14
space
space
$12,419 | Props total: 1887 1887
^^ i jus went to the Flea today and n*ggaz was sellin mixtapes left and right in there...lol n*ggaz even had they on shop in da Flea..soooo i kno if the Feds come they gon ramsack dat muhfu*ka wit da quickness
 9 years ago '07        #5
MELODY 15 heat pts15
space
space
 Dash420 said:
^^ i jus went to the Flea today and n*ggaz was sellin mixtapes left and right in there...lol n*ggaz even had they on shop in da Flea..soooo i kno if the Feds come they gon ramsack dat muhfu*ka wit da quickness
WHICH FLEA? OPA-LOCKA? USA? SWAP SHOP? CAROL MART?
 03-08-2008, 07:35 AM         #6
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dash420 said:
they raided the swap meet in san diego for selling mixtapes..police ran in like they was raiding a dope house...

battering rams

gas masks

bullet proof shields

police dogs

helicopters

patty wagons

9 years ago '07        #7
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,314 | Props total: 14 14
 Dash420 said:
yea im not sure but i think that has been going on for a while.i think its called bootlegging jus a thought though
 03-08-2008, 08:14 AM         #8
dipsetgrl022 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
datpiff.com...best mixtape source ever...besides boxden of course lol
 03-08-2008, 08:22 AM         #9
GOODmusic_1015 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CheezyDoDo said:
yea im not sure but i think that has been going on for a while.i think its called bootlegging jus a thought though
they wasnt askin what it was called idiot
 9 years ago '06        #10
Dead Masons 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,364 | Props total: 3702 3702
when rappers and djs get paid off mixtapes they usuallly do a co-signment kinda deal wit different spots that sell mixtapes. They give them say 10-100 copies of the mixtape and then the rapper or DJ gets 2-3 dollars for each mixtape they sell. Once the mixtape spot runs ou they re-up. Then you have bootleggers who get a copy of ya mixtape either by buying it or burning it online (back in the day they would cop a master directly from the DJ for a onetime fee) and then just duplicate it and print up copies of the cover and tracklisting and insert them in to the cases manually. So if u see a mixtape that aint labeled and the cover looks like it came from an inkjet u have bootlegger #2 and the rapper is seeing no doe from them but if u see a mixtape thats official meaning the CD is labeled with contact infromation and the cover is printed proffessionally u have bootlegger #1.
 03-08-2008, 01:00 PM         #11
Linksys 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
your not paying for the mixtapes, your paying for the art work meaning the cover of the CD and get the mixtape free with the purchase of the art work cover
 9 years ago '06        #12
Yung Dilla 1417 heat pts1417
space
space
$50,017 | Props total: 7935 7935
well they do get paid they sell them off their myspace pages and official websites examples ya boy eat good off mixtapes cuz he just sells him off ya boy music . com and his myspace game to he puts them on the real black wall street .com and sells them that cuts out the lable and everyone else and he just pockets the money
 9 years ago '07        #13
Hollywooo22 
space
space
$2,043 | Props total: 2 2
i always wondered the same question
 9 years ago '07        #14
MELODY 15 heat pts15
space
space
 dipsetgrl022 said:
datpiff.com...best mixtape source ever...besides boxden of course lol
THEIR SELECTION IS GREAT ALTHOUGH THEIR SOUND QUALITY IS HORRIBLE.
 9 years ago '05        #15
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,481 | Props total: 2 2
Word.....Good Looks Everyone!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
144 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
18 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
143 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Obama: once out of office, Iím gonna stop being polite and start gett..
90 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #NARCOS Tata Escobar played by Paulina Gaitan
60 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Lloyd Banks - All Or Nothing 2: Live It Up Tracklist (Ft. Joe Budden, V..
65 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Truth behind no headphones jack apple
52 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Game Responds To Maino
117 comments
2 days ago