The Official What you thought about The Wire Finale Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #121
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,867 | Props total: 261 261
I liked the way they tied it up. They resolved most of everything. I like how they picture Michael will be the new Omar. I was very happy to see Slim k!ll Cheese finally.
 03-09-2008, 11:19 PM         #122
NIC DIAMONDS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good sh*t Marlo became the new Stringer doing legal business but also showed the Avon side where he just feels right in the street.
 10 years ago '04        #123
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
Great way to end a great series...

Now lets see what takes its place
 10 years ago '04        #124
jae premier 
space
space
$2,491 | Props total: 77 77
 Fameus said:
Overall i was dissappointed with this season , i hated the homeless k!ller storyline . It was like everything they worked for each season was all for nothing like what was the point ? Anyway the scene with Marlo was him saying yeah this feels like home not in there with Levy . And i love how you people think you can judge entertainment , entertainment is like art its how you feel about it . But since they felt the need to do charachter summation scenes i would have like to see Avon walking out of prison he should have been getting out about that time , oh well .
avon wasnt comming out ne time soon, when he got knocked again in season 3 it violated his parole so he got 25 years tacked on

i have a lot of thoughts on the finale, i wish i could type them out on here but i have a project due tommarrow morning i gotta finish up

one thing i was a little dissapointed with though was that avon didnt get a final scene. even if he coulda been over at the fence choppin it up with chris and bay. although some peoples final scenes came earlier in the season, i guess avon was one of them. we just know that hes the kingpin in jail, and i guess thats where they are leaving it.

great ending though, just phenomenal
 10 years ago '04        #125
DJWho 
space
space
$1,316 | Props total: 6 6
 NIC DIAMONDS said:
Good sh*t Marlo became the new Stringer doing legal business but also showed the Avon side where he just feels right in the street.

props i was going to say something like this, at people saying he is going to get his money taken in the real estate, remember that lawyer told stringer he should have looked at everything first, and I think marlo is done because he sold The Greek to slim
 10 years ago '07        #126
mommasboy 
space
space
space
$232 | Props total: 5 5
I wish there were some more street scenes, but other than that the finale was cool. Did anybody notice that Lester's girl was the stripper from Avon's club that wore the wire. I'm glad bubbles stayed clean, but its fu*ked up that Dookie took his place. Michael is that dude now. Mcnulty and Lester should have fu*ked kima a.ss up for snitching. they forgave her way to easy. Hopefully the movie will be just as good as the series.
 10 years ago '07        #127
PurpleKush 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,439 | Props total: 2207 2207
all n all nothing changes its all a cycle..another drug dealer and corrupt a.ss police and politicians just like real life..gonna miss b-more
 10 years ago '06        #128
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
Has anyone else figured out Marlo was the character for Melvin Williams
 03-10-2008, 11:38 AM         #129
Bob Sacamano  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mommasboy said:
. Mcnulty and Lester should have fu*ked kima a.ss up for snitching. they forgave her way to easy
completely agree, that was my only problem with the finale. And Avon not gettin a final scene.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 03-11-2008 at 03:32 PM..
 10 years ago '08        #130
TheKid21 
space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 0 0
First off I thought it was a realistic, thoughtful way to wrap up a series such as this. The cyclical nature of the streets was a great element that added continuity to the stories and the streets, i.e. the game never changes only the players. Unless the government is able to make large scale reform to the streets and other institutions, history is always doomed to repeat itself.

Marlo goin out was pretty sick. Although retiring from the game and becoming a "business man", he knows that this is a world where he can never be comfortable. He knows people will be trying to take him for his money at every chance just like what happened to Stringer, only now he can't employ the same street justice which has gained him respect and fear in the drug game. This unsettles him and immediately leaves the party and goes to the block and fu*ks with those corner kids because he needs to validation that he is still the baddest motherfu*ker out there (smiling when he runs the kids off the corner even though he's cut). Only he is merely an afterthought in the hood as the kids don't even recognize him and are talking stories of the legendary omar, marlo's final rival who he thought he beat. Whether he makes dough in real estate or not is irrelevant because the whole point is that Marlo needs to reconcile his diminished legacy in the street with the fact that he can no longer be a part of it.

Also,

"You just a kid"
"That's just your knee"

That sh*t was G as hell

Last edited by TheKid21; 03-10-2008 at 12:03 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #131
Sincere730 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,634 | Props total: 5979 5979
 Bob Sacamano said:
That's your case?

I have heard David Simon talk about how as opposed to hollywood and mainstream TV, he likes to show things happening without spelling it out for you via dialogue, allowing the viewer to be able to figure shiit out instead of being told it, so maybe the show isn't for you.
whatever you say homie I aint wit the internet
thuggin & trashtalking, I'm from B-More I know
whas real from a TV show jus giving u my opinion
if u can't relate then thas on you
 10 years ago '08        #132
thewallochamp 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,804 | Props total: 132 132
 BlackandGifted said:
Has anyone else figured out Marlo was the character for Melvin Williams
the telephone code used in season 1 by Avon, in which they jump the 5, was used by Melvin Williams and cracked (to some extent) by Wire co-creator Ed Burns.

notes*

-did anyone else see David Simon in the news room at the Baltimore Sun, with a sign in front of his computer saying "Save the Sun"?

-I don't think Marlo will continue with the drug business. I'm not sure he'll even move on to legit business or real estate. Besides his obvious lust for money, which could disprove my theory, he is never seen living a lavish lifestyle per se, and I wouldn't put it past him to just chill out somewhere. I loved the scene when he is in the office with Levy and the other Baltimore elite's with the American Flag in the background. I loved his final scene on the corner, but it was a couple of teenagers (granted, with guns and knives), not exactly confronting someone "his own size".

- Freeman should have fell harder, this guy's life is all happy go lucky now, a little unrealistic.

- Avon needed a final scene, there is no excuse for that.

- I would have liked to have seen or been alluded to more of Marlo and his crews past. The loyalty of Chris and Snoop ("you'll never be like us!") to Marlo is unlike any loyalty shown by anyone in this show, there must be a reason for it.

- great scene in the bar at the "mcnulty funeral".

more to come.
 03-10-2008, 01:49 PM         #133
High_Riser42  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HBO is dead! The best show ever is dead!

I love Simon for how he ended it! I wish it was like 2 more episodes... like some hidden tapes type sh*t!

Big Ups to the New Omar..= Mike!

And I can See my boy spider as the new BODIE!!!!

Marlo.. is a real dude.. its either live and die in the game! He said fu*k that Stringer Bell mentality.. he's on some AVON type sh*t!

RIP The Wire!
 10 years ago '08        #134
thewallochamp 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,804 | Props total: 132 132
btw, what does the title of the episode, "-30-", mean?
 03-10-2008, 03:00 PM         #135
workmagic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea they need to do that prequel movie so we can see how stringer and avon came up and see how marlo and his crew came about.and see the case that mcnulty solved that got him promoted or whatever
 10 years ago '07        #136
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
notice how the 2 illest scenes of the finale were street scenes (the mike and omar sh*t)

sh*t was cool...but there shoulda been more street sh*t
 10 years ago '07        #137
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
 mommasboy said:
I wish there were some more street scenes, but other than that the finale was cool. Did anybody notice that Lester's girl was the stripper from Avon's club that wore the wire. I'm glad bubbles stayed clean, but its fu*ked up that Dookie took his place. Michael is that dude now. Mcnulty and Lester should have fu*ked kima a.ss up for snitching. they forgave her way to easy. Hopefully the movie will be just as good as the series.
cosign

that sh*t had me like wtf
 10 years ago '04        #138
BayBuryYa 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,113 | Props total: 5400 5400
 Bob Sacamano said:
wtf are you talkin about, did you watch season 4? Fukk being gay, he's not gay but he was molested, although they don't say it its blatantly obvious. And it's implied that Chris was too at some point in his life, that is why he is so quick to tell Michael he would take care of it and thats why he was so furious and passionate when beating that dude to death. Remember Snoop sayin "Dag, we didn't even get him in the house yet?" He was emotional and lost his judgment because he had been molested as a kid too. And that eventually led to him gettin locked up because of the DNA evidence. That was the obvious implication of those scenes, you gotta really pay attention to this show maan.

And what about before Chris k!lls him he makes a comment like "So you like fu*kin with boys, that's what you do?" or somethin like that and the dude is like "Nah man I got a woman, but I just got outta prison and that's a different story." It was also implied that he was in prison for that reason...
Also Bunk finds out about like a molestation charge against dude and thats why he brings him in for questioning. And saying he couldnt do it cause hes too small...
 10 years ago '04        #139
BayBuryYa 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,113 | Props total: 5400 5400
 thewallochamp said:
the telephone code used in season 1 by Avon, in which they jump the 5, was used by Melvin Williams and cracked (to some extent) by Wire co-creator Ed Burns.

notes*

-did anyone else see David Simon in the news room at the Baltimore Sun, with a sign in front of his computer saying "Save the Sun"?

-I don't think Marlo will continue with the drug business. I'm not sure he'll even move on to legit business or real estate. Besides his obvious lust for money, which could disprove my theory, he is never seen living a lavish lifestyle per se, and I wouldn't put it past him to just chill out somewhere. I loved the scene when he is in the office with Levy and the other Baltimore elite's with the American Flag in the background. I loved his final scene on the corner, but it was a couple of teenagers (granted, with guns and knives), not exactly confronting someone "his own size".

- Freeman should have fell harder, this guy's life is all happy go lucky now, a little unrealistic.

- Avon needed a final scene, there is no excuse for that.

- I would have liked to have seen or been alluded to more of Marlo and his crews past. The loyalty of Chris and Snoop ("you'll never be like us!") to Marlo is unlike any loyalty shown by anyone in this show, there must be a reason for it.

- great scene in the bar at the "mcnulty funeral".

more to come.
first you are on point on most things...one thing though, webay showed the same loyalty...hence the significance of the prison scene.

also, why should avon have a scene? this isnt nostalgia, hes old news. marlo got the connect...what can avon do now? he got his 100,000k marlo got 10 million n freedom.

lastly, freemon is happy as hell. they both were like why arent we in cuffs. they did some real illegal sh*t and everyone knows and WONT talk. its not like they have to worry bout getting caught...so hey he lost his job but at least he wasnt a crooked cop in federal prison. his regret was they didnt chase the lawyers and the money.
 10 years ago '04        #140
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,596 | Props total: 4046 4046
I wish they would have answered two questions for me .

1. Who was the F.B.I. guy that McNulty is friends with talkin to ? Remember how he thought he was talkin to one guy but the guy he was talkin to was helpin out the greeks ?

2. And what the fu*k was the dirt they had on Daniels ? He doesnt seem like the type of guy who would even jaywalk .
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now