Omar was based on a true character the dude that was with him in the apt

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
89 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-26-2008, 04:19 PM         #1
17324 pageviews
30 comments

Mean_Pipe_Game 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Omar was based on a true character the dude that was with him in the apt

Toward the end, did Omar’s exploits ever get too unbelievable? I’m talking about when he jumped from that building and landed with only a broken leg.

That actually really happened. Omar’s character is based on a brother named Donnie Andrews. [On The Wire, the real-life Andrews played] the gentleman that got shot and k!lled in that apartment with Omar. I said, “Donnie, man, what happened that night? What was going through your mind to jump through the window?” He said, “Michael, I wasn’t thinking. There was no time to think. I was just trying to escape some hot ones.” Your partner just got murdered. You got people gunning at you. And there’s an open window? What are you going to do?

[pic - click to view]

http://nymag.com/daily/en .. tml#TheWireHBO

30 comments for "Omar was based on a true character the dude that was with him in the apt"

10 years ago '04        #2
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,013 | Props total: 1574 1574
wooooooooooooooooooooooow

did not know that....
 10 years ago '07        #3
Repressed 
space
space
$3,259 | Props total: 1211 1211
A lot of the characters from The Wire are based off real people.

I know the old Deacon dude (Melvin Williams) is Stringer Bell.

Bodie was based off a real person.

Bubbles is

I think Deangelo is based off somebody
 02-26-2008, 04:34 PM         #4
JaeWil  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
prop joe was too
 10 years ago '04        #5
joeycrakk 
space
space
$1,029 | Props total: 0 0
wow thats interesting i didnt know that...but i know the director did alot of research for the wire so im not surprised that alot of characters are based off of real life people
 10 years ago '07        #6
Repressed 
space
space
$3,259 | Props total: 1211 1211
 joeycrakk said:
wow thats interesting i didnt know that...but i know the director did alot of research for the wire so im not surprised that alot of characters are based off of real life people
Damn I forgot...David Simon use to work for the Balitmore Sun.

And the The Wire is actually loosely based off his writing partner. I forget his name, but McNulty is based off that person if i'm not mistaken. He was a homicide dectective.
 10 years ago '04        #7
joeycrakk 
space
space
$1,029 | Props total: 0 0
^^^^ yea i know that all this stuff in season 5 about the baltimore sun is mostly true and i think i heard that one of the characters playing as a reporter in the baltimore sun really was a journalist 4 them
 10 years ago '04        #8
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 114 114
Thats why this show is so ill. You write what you know.
 10 years ago '04        #9
Datni99ajeff 
space
space
$1,389 | Props total: 89 89
i thought Avon was based off Melvin
 10 years ago '05        #10
Fauby 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,905 | Props total: 3489 3489
Mostly ever main character was based on someone in that show. The old dude that is always hanging around the bald guy that took namond in is Melvin Williams who the wire is actually based on (Avon) i think.
 10 years ago '06        #11
*MOB*STAR* 44 heat pts44
space
space
$4,460 | Props total: 9 9
Yeah it was avon
 02-26-2008, 06:04 PM         #12
Treazy da Reazy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the real bunk was on the show
 02-26-2008, 06:06 PM         #13
KingOfNY369  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just more proof to why this show is above and beyond all the other phony sh*t on television and WAAAAAAY ahead of it's time...The Wire deserves far more recognition than it has been given credit for...and not just NAACP Awards...this show's content and authenticity alone should be getting them awards as opposed to the fake sh*t portrayed in "The Sopranos" and "Grey's Anatomy" that gets passed off as a REAL life drama....fu*k outta here...

Last edited by KingOfNY369; 02-26-2008 at 06:09 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #14
J Cakeoff 
space
space
$369 | Props total: 0 0
 Datni99ajeff said:
i thought Avon was based off Melvin
Avon was based off of Melvin Williams and a couple of other guys.
 10 years ago '04        #15
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 6 6
Snoop, slim charles, the deacon, the lawn business guy cutty works for..

all b-more natives
 02-27-2008, 01:07 AM         #16
E.Point  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Omar was based of more than just that dude that died in monks apartment, Dave simon said he was based off 3 or 4 different rip and run artists in b-more.

Kima -Based of most women in the B.P.D. Simon said most women on the force were gay.

Stringer - based off Lamont "chin" farmer and Roland Bell. all that work in the lo-rises from season one are taken from Ed Burns cases against those two....and the pager codes and sh*t was something (i think) melvin williams came up with from his time.

yeah avon was based on melvin and 3 other guys from the b-more drug trade.

Bodie - Based of Nathan Barksdale.....check for some movie called "liberty Heights" sh*ts all about the barksdales.

There was a real "Bunk" Back in the seventies.

Landsmans character is based off the actor who plays the guy who took over as major of the western district after they demoted bunny in season 4. I think, his name real is Jay landsman too.

Mcnulty - loosely based of Ed Burns and Terry Mclarney, both retired B-more cops.

Prez in season 4 was based of Ed burns after he quit the BPD and became a teacher.

The real bubbles is dead....Dave Simon wrote his obituary personally.

Carcetti - Based off some b-more councilman named "Keifur" in season 3 or 4,
when carcetti comes in his house and his kids put a grilled cheese sandwich in the VCR...before that you hear him say something like....I did good today Hon, keifur tried to block my resolution, but I shut him down....this keifur dude can bee seen in one of the meetings Mayor Carcetti is having with his staff.

Hamsterdamn - A former mayor in b-more actually had that idea....and the media called him "the most dangerous man in america" and if you remember in S4, Mayor Royce was having a meeting where he was seriously considering Hamsterdamn...and you see one guy tell him " you keep this up clarance and theyll be calling YOU the most dangerous man in america. "

Clay Davis - Based of a real corrupt senator from either maryland or DC

Detective Norris - Was the real B-more Police commissioner.

There probably more but thats all I can remember....all the above info comes from the two 30 min wire specials they had on hbo on demand before season 4 started.

And I cant confirm this, but I think cuttys character (after he quits the game) is based on someone but I forget who. And Im guessing most of the "bullsh*t" the reporters have to deal with in season5 comes from dave simons own experiences with the sun. He said in that 30 min special before s5 this year, that tempeltons character is based of a real person, I dont think he said who though.

It sucks its coming to a end..and how on earth The wire never won any Emmys is a mystery to me.

Last edited by E.Point; 02-27-2008 at 01:11 AM..
 02-27-2008, 01:37 AM         #17
Tek-Delorean  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 E.Point said:
It sucks its coming to a end..and how on earth The wire never won any Emmys is a mystery to me.
because the people who vote for the emmys (old white upperclass people) don't watch and can't relate to the show.
 10 years ago '06        #18
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,265 | Props total: 445 445
i think anyone can relate to the show. its driven by its character development.. and not since oz has a tv show had so many diverse and interesting characters... real talk..
 10 years ago '06        #19
mahallic 
space
space
$1,464 | Props total: 125 125
The Wire is the truth. I have never witnessed a show that had the ability to capture the real streets of B-more, make you thirst for the next episode and express social commentary in an accurate way.
 10 years ago '05        #20
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
 Tek-Delorean said:
because the people who vote for the emmys (old white upperclass people) don't watch and can't relate to the show.

I Thought the same thing but, about two weeks ago a group of old white guys was discussing the show. I have admit I was shocced. They talked about how Marlo was going to get shot and how raw it was.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy