If Your Reading This Message Then Your Probably Dead. GTA IV Awaits You At The Gates

most viewed right now
 NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
196 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
37 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #81
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,310 | Props total: 1078 1078
smh, duke is such an instigator
 10 years ago '05        #82
bgj887 
space
space
$1,517 | Props total: 30 30
 Kingme said:
Rockstar is about to come up with this move.

I wonder how many people are gonna end up buying this game on both systems?

I paid:

$50 for GTA3
$50 for Vice City
&
$50 for San Andreas

A whole lot of other people did too.

I have no problem paying Rockstar for GTA DLC, I just hope one of the episodes has CJ in it.

Maybe Sony should consider securing some exclusive Down Loadable Content for Saints Row 2.
that would be a dumb move by sony, saints row is no where close to gta
 10 years ago '05        #83
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,249 | Props total: 2424 2424
 bgj887 said:
i aint got no 360 and i dont see myself getting one so i'm copping for ps3, i hope that these dlc versions will be put out on discs for ps3
tha dlc is exclusive to xbox 360 because microsoft was smart enough to dish out the cash to secure it meaning the ps3 will never get it.
 10 years ago '05        #84
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
 naldo said:
Im real skeptical the content it going to be as big of a jump as GTA3 -> San Andreas, because rockstar would have to be the most retarded company in the world to take that deal. Probably more like GTA -> GTA Stories.
yeah i was thinking the same thing but this whole situation is just :sleepy: now...i dont even really care i just want the game to drop so i can cop whatever version isnt sold out
 10 years ago '06        #85
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,905 | Props total: 7569 7569
 bgj887 said:
that would be a dumb move by sony, saints row is no where close to gta
Way to take the p!ss out of my joke. I thought that sh*t was funny!

Maybe Sony should consider securing some exclusive Down Loadable Content for Saints Row 2.
Because they ain't getting any GTA4 DLC

But on the real Saints Row aint that bad and if the PS3 had DLC for Saints Row 2 id buy that version. I know Saints Row isn't exactly a system seller but its still fun.

GTA is way way way better than Saints Row.
 10 years ago '04        #86
bigboi2006 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,299 | Props total: 8 8
Sony probably gonna find a loophole in that contract and pay for Blu-Ray versions of the DLC contenct. If not..... they lost (and I own a PS3)
 02-23-2008, 06:26 PM         #87
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ex The God said:
I'm pretty sure that if MS paid 50 mil for it, they'd make sure there isnt any loop holes.
If you don't own a 360 and you are counting on loop holes to get this content then you can forget about it. As for the DLC being free...Well if they are the size of San Andreas or Vice City than Rockstar will definitely charge for that. Maybe not full price but I can see them charging $20 or $30, especially since making DLC of that size will prohibit them from making another full game at the same time. Or at least a good quality one. A lot remains to be seen though. Does anybody know when we will know exactly what the DLC is and its size?
 10 years ago '04        #88
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990

I posted my bullets from the Microsoft Blogger Breakfast the other day and some info about GTAIV was taken out of context…well sort of. People are claiming that Microsoft announced the game would be as big as Vice City/San Andreas. I posted comments on some of the bullets and putting 2 and 2 together I came up with some facts and opinion on GTAIV. Here are the facts:

Rockstar has announced that the 360 version will be the definitive version
Microsoft said at the breakfast that no other platform will get this DLC. It’s exclusive to them and to them only. From what was said, and Brian Crecente even questioned it, Playstation 3 won’t be getting any additional content for GTAIV. This could mean that they get it later or they get completely different content. We don’t know at this time.
Microsoft paid $50 million for the content. If you haven’t been in a coma you should know that entire games have been developed for less than $50 million dollars. If you think that the $50 million is just for some new cars, characters and ice cream truck side missions, you are horribly mistaken.
Now for the opinions:

GTA3 was the first in a trilogy of games. Vice City and San Andreas used the same engine that GTA3 was built on.
Rockstar stated that if the DLC is successful on the 360, it will give them a new outlet for releasing content. A monkey could figure out that with GTAIV, they could release a GTAIV Palm Beach Stories and GTAIV New Jack City games strictly through downloads
$50 million is in Rockstars pockets right now. This is before ANY game sales. It’s almost free money. Rockstar knows good business and this is good business. Just like it was good business when Sony paid them for a 1 year exclusivity on GTA3. Microsoft knows that GTA3 is the game that pretty much gave the PS2 so much success. They aren’t just gonna sit back and let it happen again. Now it’s their turn. Who knows, with GTAV Sony may get the jump on MS. Touche!
You can expect this content to be huge. I’d say several gigs worth. Since there’s no manufacturing cost involved and the game could cost between $19-$29 dollars. Again, we aren’t talking new car and music downloads. This DLC will most likely be a huge a.ssortment of missions and new areas opened up. It may even be a brand new storyline using the GTAIV engine. Also, you know that with GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas were released shortly after the first game. Expect the same to happen with GTAIV.
If you have both the 360 and the PS3 and you choose the PS3 version, you will be missing out on some great content. Either way, both versions of the original game will be awesome and no one should feel bad about that.
I’m sorry if some misunderstood the facts from my comments. That was my fault. The rest you can take with a grain of salt.
 02-23-2008, 08:44 PM         #89
eliot ness  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow that sounds like some major exaggeration from MicrosoftI th PR. If Rockstar said GTA4's city size will be smaller than San Andreas' then what sense would it make to release DLC as big as San Andreas.. that would be bigger than the gta4 game itself. I think Rockstar should finally speak on it and put all the speculation to rest, cause I'm wondering myself
 10 years ago '06        #90
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 eliot ness said:
Wow that sounds like some major exaggeration from MicrosoftI th PR. If Rockstar said GTA4's city size will be smaller than San Andreas' then what sense would it make to release DLC as big as San Andreas.. that would be bigger than the gta4 game itself. I think Rockstar should finally speak on it and put all the speculation to rest, cause I'm wondering myself
you're thinking that they mean they're gonna make a whole new city, wtf. when they say "as big as San Andreas" they mean as far as story/missions go. not a whole new city and all that. ya'll wylin.
 10 years ago '04        #91
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
this man seems to be confused

From what was said, and Brian Crecente even questioned it, Playstation 3 won’t be getting any additional content for GTAIV. This could mean that they get it later or they get completely different content. We don’t know at this time.
Ok, he says "PS3 wont be getting any additional content for GT4", yet he states they COULD get it later or completely different content. Poor choice of words or just some BS?
 10 years ago '06        #92
WhoSentU 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,579 | Props total: 562 562
 e G o Maniac said:
this man seems to be confused

Ok, he says "PS3 wont be getting any additional content for GT4", yet he states they COULD get it later or completely different content. Poor choice of words or just some BS?
I tripped off the same sh*t. Like E. Ness said, Rockstar needs to just put the speculation to rest....unless that was part of the deal by MS.
 02-23-2008, 09:07 PM         #93
Kevin Arnold  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Doe Stacks said:
I want to know that answer aswell.
because i'll know for sure that my system will last. i don't want to dish out over a hundred bucks for something that im not gonna even get the chance to play because my system either broke or broke my game. i bet most people won't even get the chance to finish that game due to their system dying. lol i don't want the system breaking before i even finish the game lmao
 10 years ago '04        #94
space
space
 Kevin Arnold said:
because i'll know for sure that my system will last. i don't want to dish out over a hundred bucks for something that im not gonna even get the chance to play because my system either broke or broke my game. i bet most people won't even get the chance to finish that game due to their system dying. lol i don't want the system breaking before i even finish the game lmao
Oh Shut up fanboy...go support your $400 dust collector and stop dissing the $300 paperweight
 10 years ago '06        #95
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
damn. Ill getting angry.
 10 years ago '06        #96
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
 Kevin Arnold said:
what makes you so sure your PS3 won't break? that sh*t ain't built by God. gtfoh.
 02-23-2008, 10:36 PM         #97
BlockBurner226  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jann said:
UNLESS......Achievements......
yesssssssssss THAT right there will be the only reason why GTA IV will be the first Grand Theft Auto game that I will try to get 100% in
 02-23-2008, 11:01 PM         #98
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Even More Information was given.....even Rockstar calling the 360 version the "definitive version"

I posted my bullets from the Microsoft Blogger Breakfast the other day and some info about GTAIV was taken out of contextÖwell sort of. People are claiming that Microsoft announced the game would be as big as Vice City/San Andreas. I posted comments on some of the bullets and putting 2 and 2 together I came up with some facts and opinion on GTAIV. Here are the facts:

* Rockstar has announced that the 360 version will be the definitive version

* Microsoft said at the breakfast that no other platform will get this DLC. Itís exclusive to them and to them only. From what was said, and Brian Crecente even questioned it, Playstation 3 wonít be getting any additional content for GTAIV. This could mean that they get it later or they get completely different content. We donít know at this time.

* Microsoft paid $50 million for the content. If you havenít been in a coma you should know that entire games have been developed for less than $50 million dollars. If you think that the $50 million is just for some new cars, characters and ice cream truck side missions, you are horribly mistaken.

Now for the opinions:

* GTA3 was the first in a trilogy of games. Vice City and San Andreas used the same engine that GTA3 was built on.

* Rockstar stated that if the DLC is successful on the 360, it will give them a new outlet for releasing content. A monkey could figure out that with GTAIV, they could release a GTAIV Palm Beach Stories and GTAIV New Jack City games strictly through downloads

* $50 million is in Rockstars pockets right now. This is before ANY game sales. Itís almost free money. Rockstar knows good business and this is good business. Just like it was good business when Sony paid them for a 1 year exclusivity on GTA3. Microsoft knows that GTA3 is the game that pretty much gave the PS2 so much success. They arenít just gonna sit back and let it happen again. Now itís their turn. Who knows, with GTAV Sony may get the jump on MS. Touche!

* You can expect this content to be huge. Iíd say several gigs worth. Since thereís no manufacturing cost involved and the game could cost between $19-$29 dollars. Again, we arenít talking new car and music downloads. This DLC will most likely be a huge a.ssortment of missions and new areas opened up. It may even be a brand new storyline using the GTAIV engine. Also, you know that with GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas were released shortly after the first game. Expect the same to happen with GTAIV.

* If you have both the 360 and the PS3 and you choose the PS3 version, you will be missing out on some great content. Either way, both versions of the original game will be awesome and no one should feel bad about that.
:wow::wow::wow:
 10 years ago '04        #99
space
space
^^ you're late Jann... Hate given for stealing my thread from the original place it was anyways... lol
 02-23-2008, 11:05 PM         #100
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
infraction given for actually following the rules.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
278 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
132 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
57 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
50 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy