If Your Reading This Message Then Your Probably Dead. GTA IV Awaits You At The Gates

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #201
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,703 | Props total: 131 131
 tru_overdose said:
# Microsoft doesn’t care about Blu-Ray at this time
# Xbox 360 is a game machine not a movie player
# If you must watch movies on it, there’s Video Marketplace

360 lost bad on that one.

and this thread does nothing but glorify the fact that 360 owned are STILL mad over the fact that gta4 will obviously be better on the ps3. 360 stay losing on boxden.
 02-25-2008, 03:18 PM         #202
DaveB11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JeanJovi said:
i think he was kidding......atleast i hope so, cuz it was real ignorant
you never seen this guy in other GTA threads before? he is serious.
 10 years ago '06        #203
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
 tru_overdose said:

and this thread does nothing but glorify the fact that 360 owned are STILL mad over the fact that gta4 will obviously be better on the ps3. 360 stay losing on boxden.
 02-25-2008, 05:44 PM         #204
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
Different City, Different People, Different Story, Different Dynamics, it's DIFFERENT.
I beg to differ. Always an urban setting. Always gotta work for gangsters. Names and character looks could change, but the peronality / mentality of the characters never do.

GTA2 --> GTA3
* biggest change is the camera angle and online play

GTA3 --> GTA4
* biggest change is graphic quality

Why would I wanna do that to myself?

MGS = factory setting in the snow
MGS2 = tanker and oil rig, first person shoot mode
MGS3 = outdoor terrain, camo for blending in with surrounding
MGS4 = war-torn city, gun dealer, totally new movement scheme and online play with Metal Gear Online (and thats from the demo and preview vids only)

The difference is clear. Personalities change, not just names. Pretty much all the bosses were all unique in their own way. Even the sniper bosses in MGS and MGS3 were totally different. Vamp, Raven, Revolver Ocelot, Liquid Snake, Solidus Snake, Ninja, Psychomantis, Big Boss' mom, Olga Gurlukovich, the girl with the big fu*king lightning gun ... all of them had very different mentalities and actions and weapons, adding to the whole cinematic experience that we are not just seeing a graphic change or camera angle, but new people all-together. Even the friggin' metal gears acted differently ... some of them playing mad defense game (Rex), some pure offense (Ray) and the one in 3 was just weird all-together. I don't even know how you can compare the GTA series to MGS when the difference is clearer than day and night.

Even when you switch playable characters (Solid Snake, Big Boss, Raiden) we can tell they are clearly different characters by the way they act, talk, f!ght, who they interact with ... sh*t ain't hard to see man. Stop ur blind hating and comparing GTA with franchises where the developers try to provide a unique experience every time. Even fu*kin' Mario has more variance than GTA.

Call me when they do something significantly different with the GTA series :sleepy:
 10 years ago '06        #205
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 tru_overdose said:

anyone else notice that this guy just ethered himself? first he stated 3 things that have nothing to do with GTA or its DLC; he just reinstated his own fanboyism for the PS3. then he said that GTA4 will be better on the 360, despite the fact that the 360 and PS3 versions will be exactly the same and as it's been confirmed numerous times that the 360 will technically be the "better" version due to the DLC.
 10 years ago '06        #206
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
I beg to differ. Always an urban setting. Always gotta work for gangsters. Names and character looks could change, but the peronality / mentality of the characters never do.

GTA2 --> GTA3

GTA3 --> GTA4

see, it's those kind of comments that make people look so dumb, no offense. just cuz it's GTA4 people automatically a.ssume it's the EXACT same thing with new graphics. this ain't no DMC3-4 change. the game has been redone from the ground up people. wtf.

it's using a whole new RAGE graphics engine, it's utilizing the Euphoria engine (the first game to do that in fact) and the game mechanics are completely redone. i bet half of the people in here talking bout GTA4 don't know what any of those are.

ya'll n*ggaz just see GTA and say "oh it's just new graphics, it's all the same sh*t" without even reading up on it. ya'll gonna be in for a big surprise once you play it. n*ggaz need to LEARN TO READ.

oh yea, and as far as "always urban setting" goes, the cities are always diverse and always have multiple settings within them. San Andreas had the big city/bright lights Las Vegas area, woodlands, and even desert on top of the urban area. n*ggaz need to do their homework before they pass judgement.

Last edited by jayvivz; 02-25-2008 at 08:44 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #207
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 Metalzoa said:

GTA2 --> GTA3

GTA3 --> GTA4

MGS = factory setting in the snow
MGS2 = tanker and oil rig, first person shoot mode
MGS3 = outdoor terrain, camo for blending in with surrounding
MGS4 = war-torn city, gun dealer, totally new movement scheme and online play with Metal Gear Online (and thats from the demo and preview vids only)

The difference is clear. Personalities change, not just names. Pretty much all the bosses were all unique in their own way. Even the sniper bosses in MGS and MGS3 were totally different. Vamp, Raven, Revolver Ocelot, Liquid Snake, Solidus Snake, Ninja, Psychomantis, Big Boss' mom, Olga Gurlukovich, the girl with the big fu*king lightning gun ... all of them had very different mentalities and actions and weapons, adding to the whole cinematic experience that we are not just seeing a graphic change or camera angle, but new people all-together. Even the friggin' metal gears acted differently ... some of them playing mad defense game (Rex), some pure offense (Ray) and the one in 3 was just weird all-together. I don't even know how you can compare the GTA series to MGS when the difference is clearer than day and night.

Even when you switch playable characters (Solid Snake, Big Boss, Raiden) we can tell they are clearly different characters by the way they act, talk, f!ght, who they interact with ... sh*t ain't hard to see man. Stop ur blind hating and comparing GTA with franchises where the developers try to provide a unique experience every time. Even fu*kin' Mario has more variance than GTA.

Call me when they do something significantly different with the GTA series :sleepy:
Blind hate? Wtf am I hating on? I was simply making a comparison to other games. I love the Metal Gear Solid games, my point was to show you that all games in their respective series, no matter how much more different the stories, characters, and setting is, follow the same core ideas. Metal Gear Solid is a game about an operative who's seemingly devoted his life to hunting down destructive mechs. Zelda is a game about a guy who has a fetish for green and he f!ghts Ganondorf to save some princess. Grand Theft Auto is a game about some character (it's always changing) who always, in some way, gets mixed up into the life of the drug dealing, getaway driving, driveby shooting thug that he is.

GTA 2 --> GTA 3 = groundbreaking visuals, first great sandbox game.
GTA 3 --> VC --> San Andreas featured new cities everytime, new main and supporting characters, new weapons, abilities, gameplay mechanics, etc.
SA --> GTA 4 = same as above.

You really cannot be serious with your argument. Why would they change a winning formula? Just like why would Polyphony go from hardcore simulation racing to a Mario Kart-esque game? Why would Kojima Productions go from tactical espionage action to a game like Sneak King? You act as if the setting, story, characters, and everything has been the same in all GTA games, when they've in fact been radically different.

Also, it wasn't always having to work for gangsters. Fido worked for gangsters. Tommy worked for gangsters at first, then worked for himself with the sole goal of becoming kingpin and making money. CJ worked for his family and his life, not even trying to make a hustle. His main goal was getting revenge for what happened to his mother, and trying to protect what was left of GSF. The sh*t he got through it was a side bonus.

In conclusion to this essay, fu*k outta here dude. Once again, let me reiterate that you're an idiot. Not once did I hate on any other franchise in this thread, but all of a sudden I'm a blind hater. I simply compared GTA to some other big name series out there. I never said Zelda, or MGS, or whatever was bad. I just said that GTA wasn't the only game whose developers seem to follow the "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" theory. And your point about Mario having more variance than GTA holds no weight in this discussion.

</end essay>
 10 years ago '04        #208
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
audio from that breakfast...havnt listened to it yet...but it most likely has the GTA sh*t on there that this thread is based on

10 years ago '06        #209
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
Hate Given to Kap
 10 years ago '05        #210
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
 P-Hill said:

[pic - click to view]

cant believe this thread is still going..yal finally shut the fu*k up for a min when the game comes out..
 10 years ago '05        #211
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
What I find is most of the time the people hating on the GTA series just doesn't like the open-world sandbox type game. It sounds obvious, but when someone says "it's just the same thing" really doesn't pay attention to games that they enjoy. Whether it be sports, racing, first person or RPG. If you're playing a game in the same SERIES, then they are going to be the same game play.

Also, for the guy that said "you're working for gangsters in every game" -- well yeah, the game is called GRANT THEFT AUTO. You work for people that would be shady. You can't work for a Christian organization while stealing cars.

I personally feel GTA is the best series out right now, by far. The leap from GTA2 to 3 was ground breaking. People forget that Vice City and San Andreas were "mods" or add ons to the third game. They were big enough that people consider them separate. GTAIV will be something different.
 10 years ago '05        #212
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
well of course if folks dont like the game..they're going to say its the same sh*t..cuz when they look at people playing vice city..san andreas..it all looks the same to them
 02-25-2008, 10:33 PM         #213
O-Z hates da OC  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
Reach much? The jumps from GTA 2 to 3 to VC to SA were very much significant. You gotta be joking.
This is a bit of an over statement. The jump from GTA2 to GTA3 was monumental.

All Vice City really introduced was motorcycles and a couple other vehicles.

San Andreas introduced a ton of gay sh*t that took the fun out the game for me. Having to take care of your character is gay, and the gang wars sh*t came off cheesy.

I do think GTA4 will be a significant advance though, even though at the heart...he is right, its still more or less the same sh*t.
 10 years ago '06        #214
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
Jann's plan worked...this thread has reached to 10 pages of the same arguments that has been in other threads. just a bunch of people being fanboys, fanboys labeling others as fanboys, P-Hill posting random gifs, Kap throwing 's at idiots, and clowns saying GTA4 will be exactly the same based on screenshots cuz they're either too lazy to or incapable of reading a simple article stating how much of the game has changed drastically. we are all pawns in Ronnie's chess game known as...

THE BOXDEN ZONE.
 02-25-2008, 11:02 PM         #215
O-Z hates da OC  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What part of the game has really changes? The controls are better and the graphics are better? Oh and you get a cell phone, but I can't believe the game wont be 99 percent the same sh*t we are accustomed to. Thats a good thing though, because a next gen update of that sh*t will be fun in itself.
 10 years ago '04        #216
Thepeoplerunnin 
space
space
space
$4,208 | Props total: 0 0
yOU n*ggas would look for everything for a 360 victory....

Fact being the 360 is obsolete and using OUTDATED hardware......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
 10 years ago '06        #217
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
^yet again, another angry PS3 fanboy attacking the 360 for no reason when in fact we are only talking about the DLC, not the 360 hardware. . one yaself now.
 10 years ago '06        #218
kpdawg2006 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,821 | Props total: 186 186
im not thrilled bout this DLC debate sony took the L yes, but all will be forgiven if i can juss get GTA I or II on the PSN.......
 10 years ago '06        #219
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
^they're supposed to be doing that too.
 10 years ago '07        #220
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,861 | Props total: 2380 2380
oh sh*t..the hilarity of this thread just hit me right now
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
229 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy