Feb 14 - Woman Sues Best Buy For $54 Million Over Lost Notebook

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

. 1 33.33%
. 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 10 years ago '04        #41
unkn0wn 
space
space
$4,536 | Props total: 24 24
way to bump a old as topic...
 03-10-2008, 12:11 PM         #42
couturebellla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
54 mil dammmmn yea im sure that the suit will settled for a mill
 10 years ago '04        #43
BigBen 
space
space
$3,160 | Props total: 0 0
She won't get anywhere near that much. She isn't really intitled to more then she's out. I mean, she had data on it etc, so maybe she'd get a bit more.. but nothing more then 2500 if that

and some judges won't give ppl money for data like that ona computer, because they think they should have backed it up
 10 years ago '04        #44
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 2D.... said:
suing for a ridiculous amount of money but thats fu*ked up how they led her on and tried to hide that it was stolen

what did they plan on doing? hoping she'd forget
They gave her the money back and she's still bi*ching. bi*ch you broke even. Get over it.

At the very least they should have just broke her off with a new jawn, gratis.
 10 years ago '04        #45
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
She deserves more than the notebook was worth (not 54 million, but like others said, you don't sue for 54 million thinking you'll get it, you sue for it to settle for less and make a point), they lied to her and deceived her for months, and their lax security allowed her personal data to be stolen. Yes, people should protect and back up important data, but businesses like Best Buy should also be taking sufficient security measures, and they deserve all the bad publicity from this, and the possible precedent, so it could turn out to be not just good for her, but good for a lot of consumers if Best Buy sees that beefing up security will cost them less than lawsuits and bad PR.

Last edited by HHS; 03-10-2008 at 10:48 PM..
 03-11-2008, 05:53 PM         #46
LadyRedEzHott 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Our national debt in is $25 trillion plus. We are going to hit hard times and a b*tch really has the nerve to sue for $54 million over a laptop? That doesnt make ne sense....people are trying to take advantage of every situation they can to make some money. Just like the dumb @ss who sued the fast food restaurant for burning her mouth on a cup of coffee....who doesnt know coffee is hott....but bet she would have been the first to complain if they served her coffee that wasnt hott enough. Im just saying...people are dying of hunger and someone has the nerve to sue for some huge amount for something that can easily be replaced for free....sh*t...bestbuy sells laptops...they could have easily gave her a bigger and better one and some extra stuff on the side.

Last edited by LadyRedEzHott; 03-11-2008 at 07:22 PM..
 03-11-2008, 07:28 PM         #47
LadyRedEzHott 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lankans said:
I don't live in the US, but everyday i read news regarding law suits in the US, seems lik everyone is just wants to get more money.

There is more to life then money. It just sad that nobody recognizes it.

What you are seeing is absolutely correct. We (Americans) are money hungry and a lot of us will do whatever we have to for money. Its a very sad fact but true. And we wonder why other countries view us the way they do.
 10 years ago '07        #48
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 913 913
get yo paper girl.
 03-12-2008, 01:05 AM         #49
brich22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i used to get feels on a bi*ch
now i throw shields on my d*ck
 10 years ago '04        #50
moneyman 
space
space
space
$55 | Props total: 0 0
its sad that this lady is probably gonna be rich after everything is said and done, you can call me a hater or whatever but she doesnt deserve that money or nowhere near that. She is just trying to make a name for herself and anybody that think what she is doin she cool is stupid. 10k for her time that is all she Might deserve. Hey forgot my cell phone at Ihop and an employee stole it, and I came back 15mins later nobody knows anything, so the girl and 2 other people got fired, I want them to compensate me but I'm not going thru all the changes so I just got the police involved and a week later my cell phone made it back to ihop. My whole point if somebody stole it have then fired and get what they owe you for your laptop and time but 56mil thats crazy and 1mil is crazy. I see its alot people that would do the same on this board trying get rich easy scamming big companies.
 10 years ago '04        #51
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
just because of the fact that Best Buy as a company would not want any bad publicity, like plenty of posters mentioned before, this will get settled out of court for a much less amount of money but it still would be high, somewhere in the likes of 500K or a couple mil's.
 03-15-2008, 11:41 PM         #52
zeuscc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
At the end of the day, if they would have handled the issue in a more professional manner it wouldn't have gotten to this point. Let the courts decide !
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home         

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy