NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
73 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

. 1 33.33%
. 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #21
infam0uskills 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,449 | Props total: 5556 5556
shes smart sh*t i wouldve done the same sue for 54 million and settle out of court for a lump sum. sh*t even if they gave her $100,000 that still almost 100 times the amount she paid for the laptop.
 10 years ago '06        #22
Cauhauna 
space
space
$567 | Props total: 0 0
Man, I don't know what you fools are talking about. This lady deserves (and will get) a HUGE sum of cash.

Think about it, you fu*king idiots. Thats her LAPTOP. How much private sh*t do you have on yours?

All your business records/tax software/emails/saved passwords can all be recovered. Think about what pepole use a laptop do do before you start popping off ignorant comments like "ohhhh greedy bi*ch".

Civil Lawsuits aren't designed the way you mofo's think they are. She'll get Compensatory damages to cover the cost of the notebook + attorney fees. THEN, she'll get punitive damages, and, based on my past experience, this will be 10 Mill +. Whoever guessed 10 mill above me might actually have some sense, unlike the rest of these fu*king morons.

This is a huge case. She will win, and it will set precedent. Bestbuy has an obligation to keep your hardware safe when you entrust them with it. The fact that they lied and played her along for months is only going to hurt them, and GREATLY increase the amount of punitive damages they have to pay. I would imagine Best Buy is begging to settle right now, probably offering 20 Mill, and that bi*ch is just chillin saying fu*k you. Ha.

Watch, you'll see. Its a good suit and she deserves too win. Quit hating, and PLEASE quit commenting on sh*t you know nothing about.
 10 years ago '04        #23
Salty Nuts 
space
space
$1,073 | Props total: 0 0
 Cauhauna said:
Man, I don't know what you fools are talking about. This lady deserves (and will get) a HUGE sum of cash.

Think about it, you fu*king idiots. Thats her LAPTOP. How much private sh*t do you have on yours?

All your business records/tax software/emails/saved passwords can all be recovered. Think about what pepole use a laptop do do before you start popping off ignorant comments like "ohhhh greedy bi*ch".

Civil Lawsuits aren't designed the way you mofo's think they are. She'll get Compensatory damages to cover the cost of the notebook + attorney fees. THEN, she'll get punitive damages, and, based on my past experience, this will be 10 Mill +. Whoever guessed 10 mill above me might actually have some sense, unlike the rest of these fu*king morons.

This is a huge case. She will win, and it will set precedent. Bestbuy has an obligation to keep your hardware safe when you entrust them with it. The fact that they lied and played her along for months is only going to hurt them, and GREATLY increase the amount of punitive damages they have to pay. I would imagine Best Buy is begging to settle right now, probably offering 20 Mill, and that bi*ch is just chillin saying fu*k you. Ha.

Watch, you'll see. Its a good suit and she deserves too win. Quit hating, and PLEASE quit commenting on sh*t you know nothing about.
Over 20 Mil? Woah. I'm not aware of any simular cases, but as a reasonable person...I say fu*k that sh*t, the fact that this kinda 20 mil+ settlement/decision is possible shows how fu*ked the system is. I think 2 mil would be beyond reasonable, and should satisfy both sides.
 10 years ago '04        #24
Myworld82 
space
space
$2,586 | Props total: 110 110
Best Buy fu*ked up, and then tried to cover it up. They deserve to be sued like crazy. If ANY retailer did this, they deserved be sued. Anyone who thinks different is stupid. She'll get a good amount of money, and Best Buy and those people who covered it up will learn a good lesson. There is no explanation for trying to cover that sh*t up. Should have just been honest.
 02-18-2008, 03:22 PM         #25
whatidoiswrong 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bob Barker said:
maybe they should just replace her notebook and call it a day. maybe a gift card
They did offer her a gift card initially.......... a $900 gift card for something she paid $1100 for.

I can guarantee that if this happened to you, theoretically speaking, you would not just TAKE the $900 and just be OUT $200 AND your computer...........

Should have owned up and at LEAST given her the price + warranty in CASH from the jump..........

The reason they offered the gift card in the first place was that the only thing they lose would be what they paid for the merchandise purchased with the gift card, which would be much less than $900.

If they offered cash, they would lose $1100 out of their fund STRAIGHT UP. More than the $300 or so in "lost" merchandise (I'm saying the amount that Best Buy paid for said merchandise) they would have given up by giving her the gift card, but in the grand scheme of things, not a huge hit for such a big f-up.

I hope she gets seven figures out of this case, and the bulk of these damages should be punitive damages.

Not to mention people who would have considered bringing their computer to Best Buy would think twice in doing so now..........

Off topic, maybe it's just me, but I would never trust any old hack off the street (or in Best Buy, Circuit City or wherever) with my computer for weeks at a time. I'd just cop a backup external hard drive, back up my data files, and if my computer has a major software problem, I would just reformat the thing..........
 10 years ago '05        #26
nahsuhmeanz 
space
space
$9,949 | Props total: 2751 2751
This is dumb shouldve just sued for the price of the notebook plus punative damages...like the government says don't put things to personal on things that can be stolen or hacked...and for all the people saying fu*k best buy you cant blame the compnay on the actions of an employee they dont control them, you can teach but not control a human....and then the person that said fu*k best buy for putting moms and pops stores out of business you have to realize if only mom and pop stores sold everything imagine how many people wouldnt have jobs and our economy is to fu*ked up to have more than 4 million out of work do you wanna pay out of your paycheck to a.ssist welfare and just imagine social security pensions when you retire

Dont speak on topics if you dont clearly think...i think i just burned about 30 n*ggas on this forum
 02-19-2008, 04:08 PM         #27
ghettoprincess 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they bogus for trying to give her money back through a $1000 credit? fu*k that. if they took my cpu and led me on for 6 months, i would be pissed too. all my music, movies, documents gone? then i got incriminating sh*t on my pc, pics and sh*t. so hell yeah she gon get at least half a mil for that sh*t
 10 years ago '06        #28
Skeweegi_J 
space
space
$538 | Props total: 0 0
man this sh*t happened to me too...Sent my comp from Cali to Detroit to get it fixed (wtf??) then they lost it. Found my sh*t like a month later and gave it back to me still broken. fu*k Best Buy
 02-19-2008, 05:31 PM         #29
*Snowman* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Raelyn Campbell, 37, acknowledges that the money she wants is more than the price of the notebook and the inconvenience she has suffered. But she said the lawsuit, along with a blog she started to chronicle her legal battle with Best Buy, is necessary to make a point.

i hate money hungry people who cant do it on their own and wait for sh*t like this
 02-19-2008, 06:01 PM         #30
yahmean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fishscale said:
A Washington, D.C., woman has sued Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) for $54 million, claiming the consumer electronics retailer lost her computer and then tried to cover up the disappearance.

Raelyn Campbell, 37, acknowledges that the money she wants is more than the price of the notebook and the inconvenience she has suffered. But she said the lawsuit, along with a blog she started to chronicle her legal battle with Best Buy, is necessary to make a point.

"I have filed a lawsuit against Best Buy and launched this blog in an effort to bring attention to the reprehensible state of consumer property and privacy protection practices at America's largest consumer electronics retailer," Campbell wrote.

Campbell filed the lawsuit in Washington Superior Court Nov. 16 after trying for six months to find out what happened to the notebook she brought back to Best Buy for repairs. During that time, according to Campbell, the computer was stolen from the Best Buy store in the Tenleytown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., the retailer's employees fabricated records to hide the theft, and lied for weeks about the repair status of the computer.

In addition, Campbell claims Best Buy was indifferent and insulting in its response to her repeated requests for a theft investigation and compensation, and showed a "company-wide disregard for legal obligations to immediately disclose the theft and notify me of potential exposure to identity theft over the course of the ordeal."

Best Buy has said it has done everything it can to make amends. "We're obviously embarrassed and disappointed that we were unable to resolve this customer's issue," a spokeswoman for the retailer told The a.ssociated Press. "We've tried to resolve this dispute and feel badly that it escalated to a lawsuit."

In her blog, Campbell provides a timeline of her contacts with Best Buy, starting May 25, 2007, when she left the broken notebook at the Tenleytown store for repair under a service contract. On Jan. 25 of this year, a Superior Court judge recommended that she and Best Buy try to settle the matter on their own.

Campbell said she offered to drop the suit, if the company paid her for her expenses and time and addressed "the shortcomings in its property and privacy protection practices." Best Buy hasn't responded, according to Campbell, and the next court hearing is set for Feb. 22.

The only compensation Campbell has received from Best Buy is $1,110.35 that was transferred into her credit card account in late October without her consent, the plaintiff said.

AND WE WONDER WHY BUSINESS IS GOING OVRSEAS, THIS IS TOO DAMN BAD
 10 years ago '06        #31
John_Dillinga 
space
space
$696 | Props total: 0 0
Get that money!
 10 years ago '05        #32
nahsuhmeanz 
space
space
$9,949 | Props total: 2751 2751
 ghettoprincess said:
they bogus for trying to give her money back through a $1000 credit? fu*k that. if they took my cpu and led me on for 6 months, i would be pissed too. all my music, movies, documents gone? then i got incriminating sh*t on my pc, pics and sh*t. so hell yeah she gon get at least half a mil for that sh*t
I guess you didnt read my post that said "the government advises you not to put personal and private items on a computer that can be stolen. Yea you lose your music but sh*t your on boxden how much did you spend on that music $0....and they also advise you to back-up all your documents to a disc or hard drive. She deserves money but no millions of dollars shouldve asked for $5,000 probably would've had a check the next day:D
 10 years ago '05        #33
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
people always sayin wow thats a rediculous amount to sue for..however when u sue for rediculous amounts u get tv time and put pressure on a corporation and cause bad P.R. u never intend to get that full amount but what u do is cause them to make company wide changes in policy and give consumers and upperhand and make them aware of the sneaky sh*t they do..if u sued for 1000 bucks u think that would make them change
 10 years ago '06        #34
kat717 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,538 | Props total: 31 31
 Bob Barker said:
maybe they should just replace her notebook and call it a day. maybe a gift card
Man, at most I'd replace it. But if you lost it in the store than oh well tough sh*t. I'm not paying 54 mil, maybe 54 K to 86 that bi*ch!
 02-21-2008, 03:54 PM         #35
Spid3yo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you were doing work on a 5 million dollar contract and lost all your sh*t, and DON'T get the account, arn't you entitled to sue for that 5 mill???

Id sue for that much if they lost my sh*t too......who goes to best buy anymore?
 10 years ago '05        #36
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,109 | Props total: 1556 1556
 Spid3yo said:

Id sue for that much if they lost my sh*t too......who goes to best buy anymore?
Umm...Millions of people.

As for trying to just get the price of her laptop from Best Buy she would have had to take them to small claims court. Then they won't show up to court and you'll be rewarded the money.
 10 years ago '08        #37
jay2doza 
space
space
space
$31 | Props total: 0 0
fcuk best buy
 03-07-2008, 11:49 AM         #38
RAM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats what Best Buy get......Now Cash OUT
 03-07-2008, 06:22 PM         #39
MCarter418 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I will definately admit, I was a senior at Geek Squad in Valley Stream...and there have been plenty of mishaps with customers laptops and we had to lie about it and lie over and over till we resolved it...this time they jus fuked up and couldnt get out of it lmao...
 03-09-2008, 12:54 PM         #40
lankans 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't live in the US, but everyday i read news regarding law suits in the US, seems lik everyone is just wants to get more money.

There is more to life then money. It just sad that nobody recognizes it.
Home         

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
43 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now