most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

. 1 33.33%
. 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #1
5353 pageviews
55 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Feb 14 - Woman Sues Best Buy For $54 Million Over Lost Notebook

A Washington, D.C., woman has sued Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) for $54 million, claiming the consumer electronics retailer lost her computer and then tried to cover up the disappearance.

Raelyn Campbell, 37, acknowledges that the money she wants is more than the price of the notebook and the inconvenience she has suffered. But she said the lawsuit, along with a blog she started to chronicle her legal battle with Best Buy, is necessary to make a point.

"I have filed a lawsuit against Best Buy and launched this blog in an effort to bring attention to the reprehensible state of consumer property and privacy protection practices at America's largest consumer electronics retailer," Campbell wrote.

Campbell filed the lawsuit in Washington Superior Court Nov. 16 after trying for six months to find out what happened to the notebook she brought back to Best Buy for repairs. During that time, according to Campbell, the computer was stolen from the Best Buy store in the Tenleytown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., the retailer's employees fabricated records to hide the theft, and lied for weeks about the repair status of the computer.

In addition, Campbell claims Best Buy was indifferent and insulting in its response to her repeated requests for a theft investigation and compensation, and showed a "company-wide disregard for legal obligations to immediately disclose the theft and notify me of potential exposure to identity theft over the course of the ordeal."

Best Buy has said it has done everything it can to make amends. "We're obviously embarrassed and disappointed that we were unable to resolve this customer's issue," a spokeswoman for the retailer told The a.ssociated Press. "We've tried to resolve this dispute and feel badly that it escalated to a lawsuit."

In her blog, Campbell provides a timeline of her contacts with Best Buy, starting May 25, 2007, when she left the broken notebook at the Tenleytown store for repair under a service contract. On Jan. 25 of this year, a Superior Court judge recommended that she and Best Buy try to settle the matter on their own.

Campbell said she offered to drop the suit, if the company paid her for her expenses and time and addressed "the shortcomings in its property and privacy protection practices." Best Buy hasn't responded, according to Campbell, and the next court hearing is set for Feb. 22.

The only compensation Campbell has received from Best Buy is $1,110.35 that was transferred into her credit card account in late October without her consent, the plaintiff said.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.informationwee .. leID=206504123

55 comments for "Feb 14 - Woman Sues Best Buy For $54 Million Over Lost Notebook"

02-14-2008, 10:16 PM         #2
KingoBling 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what wont americans sue someone for?? it's getting outta control, ever read the disclaimers for going to a arena.
 02-14-2008, 10:21 PM         #3
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
suing for a ridiculous amount of money but thats fu*ked up how they led her on and tried to hide that it was stolen

what did they plan on doing? hoping she'd forget
 10 years ago '06        #4
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
People dont realize tho. She wont get 54 mill. Best Buy will settle out of court for like 2 mill if that. Prolly even less than that. But when you see someone suing for a rediculous amount then never get that amount. Usually its always settled for less. So if your gonna sue someone shoot for the sky.
 02-14-2008, 10:42 PM         #5
Twista740 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sammyboi22 said:
People dont realize tho. She wont get 54 mill. Best Buy will settle out of court for like 2 mill if that. Prolly even less than that. But when you see someone suing for a rediculous amount then never get that amount. Usually its always settled for less. So if your gonna sue someone shoot for the sky.

yup same thing i was gon post.

if u want 10 mill then sue for 40.....mite get that 10 then or 15, sue for 10 u gon get 1
 10 years ago '04        #6
Profyt 
space
space
$174 | Props total: 0 0
well responding on kingobingo's response lol kingbingo.......well back to the topic, about americans suing for anything...well put your feet in her shoes she prolly had personal info on that pc so now someone else stole it now they have it so now they may have her social security number now they can run her credit up really high.. if u know what credit is cause i dont know if you guys have credit where your from but you can put someone in debt badly here for that s**t..so it can be serious so shaddup...........1....lol....kingobingo.....hhhha aaahhhhaaaaa
 10 years ago '04        #7
BunDLeZ 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 1 1
 Profyt said:
well responding on kingobingo's response lol kingbingo.......well back to the topic, about americans suing for anything...well put your feet in her shoes she prolly had personal info on that pc so now someone else stole it now they have it so now they may have her social security number now they can run her credit up really high.. if u know what credit is cause i dont know if you guys have credit where your from but you can put someone in debt badly here for that s**t..so it can be serious so shaddup...........1....lol....kingobingo.....hhhha aaahhhhaaaaa
LMAO!!! Dis sh*t sounds far fetched like a muthafu*ka...
 02-15-2008, 01:22 AM         #8
iHate 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
she wont get $54 million
maybe $2000 to cover the cost of notebook at most
 02-15-2008, 01:36 AM         #9
JLAH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Learn how to spell. Know what you're talking about before you post.
 02-15-2008, 02:19 AM         #10
AOmakeitRAIN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
... the "precint" as they call it at Best Buy has possibly the worst setup as far as security from it's own employees anyone from another department that isn't geek squad or customer service can easily slip back there and swipe it.. The LP (loss prevention) is supposed to check you before you leave but they are almost always too busy with something elsewhere.. If this best buy is similar to the best buy I recently worked at then it's (way way way) more likely that an employee made off with it.. no lie.
 10 years ago '04        #11
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
Sadly this is true. I actually work at BBY as LP and you wouldn't believe what some n*ggas have gotten out with..especially at some of our stores.
 10 years ago '04        #12
QBKinG 
space
space
$1,088 | Props total: 3 3
some n*ggas seem to be missing the point here. She did this in efforts to get the attention of us consumers so we can see the type of snake sh*t that goes on at best buy with their employees...that's what you call negative publicity and its not a good look on best buy.

She obviously won't get the 54 mil not even 2 mil at that but she might get something.
 02-15-2008, 07:34 AM         #13
Steve--O 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hope the woman dies
 10 years ago '05        #14
S-Dot 
space
space
$253 | Props total: 0 0
I hate people who plog all of their problems. fu*k this bi*ch.
 10 years ago '04        #15
juanb13 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,300 | Props total: 68 68
Yeah Its easy to steal from Best Buy so I hear If you work there. I know a guy who put use to put PS3s in the dumpster during the day in trash and sell them on ebay after work.
 10 years ago '04        #16
ice pop 
space
space
space
$1,148 | Props total: 0 0
i hope she gets every penny, fu*k best buy. best buy ruined it for all the small businesses, all the moms and pops record stores cant compete with best buy when they sell cds below cost
 02-15-2008, 08:59 AM         #17
catchaBreath 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sammyboi22 said:
Yep and I'm sure her lawyers already know that....they WANT to settle out of court. She's going to get payed off for that....
 10 years ago '07        #18
Santana 
space
space
space
$211 | Props total: 0 0
 ice pop said:
i hope she gets every penny, fu*k best buy. best buy ruined it for all the small businesses,
Walmart and Ebay too, Blockbuster attempted that sh*t until Netflixx came along
 10 years ago '07        #19
notic99 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,584 | Props total: 0 0
greedy a.ss bi*ch
 10 years ago '05        #20
mikesaimname 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,645 | Props total: 201 201
good...fu*k a best buy
Home         

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
173 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
73 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
197 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
The Overwatch Community Is fu-ked Up.
38 comments
18 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy