most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
86 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #1
9091 pageviews
418 comments

KinGOFthaRING 
space
space
$598 | Props total: 0 0
2/20/08 Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns 9pmET

Here in Phoenix all the buzz is about SHAQ and the Suns...blah blah blah...

im one of the few Lakers fans out here in Phoenix image

going to happy hour in my Purple & Gold!!!

Don't forget

[pic - click to view]

418 comments for "2/20/08 Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns 9pmET"

10 years ago '06        #2
KinGOFthaRING  OP
space
space
Shaquille O'Neal loves giving himself nicknames, and now he's got a new one - "The Big Cactus."

O'Neal will make his Phoenix Suns debut on Wednesday night against the Los Angeles Lakers, a team he helped lead to three straight NBA titles.
O'Neal was traded to the Suns on Feb. 6 in a deal that sent Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to Miami. The 7-foot-1, 325-pound center has not played yet with his new team because of an injured hip, but is ready for Phoenix's first game after the All-Star break.

Now, the trick will be working his way into the Suns' up-tempo offense.

"I'm going to be looking to get out like Randy Moss and Terrell Owens," Shaq said on Tuesday.

Some doubt the 35-year-old O'Neal - who has been known during his career as "The Diesel," "The Big Aristotle," "The Big Daddy," "Wilt Chamberneezy," and "The Real Deal" - will be able to keep up with his new teammates.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson, who coached Shaq to titles from 2000-02, is among the skeptics, saying Shaq's responsibilities will involve "taking the ball out of bounds and waiting for the other team to get back."

"He's a jokester, and that's funny, very funny," Shaq said without smiling. "Ha-ha. Very funny."

The Suns (37-16) - who have a one-game lead over the Lakers (36-17) in the Pacific Division - are convinced adding O'Neal could bring them their first NBA title.

"We're going to have to adjust slightly to his strengths," point guard Steve Nash said, "but you know where he's strong we've been weak, and that's having a big presence in the paint, taking up space and guarding the rim."

O'Neal is averaging a career-low 14.2 points in 32 games this season, and his streak of 14 straight All-Star selections also ended. He said that he doesn't plan on being the star on his new team, deferring instead to Nash and Amare Stoudemire.

"I'm more like a senior adviser so I don't like to come in here and try to take over," O'Neal said. "Just like your basic karate movie where the young guys come to the old guys with beards who have them do weird stuff to get to the other side. That's who I am, the old guy with a long beard."

Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni said O'Neal will start against the Lakers, but play only about 20 minutes. After Wednesday, the Suns host Eastern Conference-leading Boston on Friday and Central Division-leading Detroit on Sunday.

"We don't have three cupcakes to start, but that's all right," Nash said. "We're going to learn a lot about ourselves and where we're going, and maybe that will give us a steeper learning curve to play against terrific teams."

The Suns won three of four heading into the break, including a 109-97 victory over Dallas on Thursday behnd 26 each from Stoudemire and Leandro Barbosa.

Los Angeles resumed play after the All-Star break with its fifth straight win, 122-93 over Atlanta on Tuesday as Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol each had 23 points before sitting out the fourth quarter. The game was Gasol's first in Los Angeles since he was acquired in a trade with Memphis on Feb. 1.

Bryant dislocated his right pinkie earlier this month, but elected to forego surgery. He has averaged 30.4 points over his last five games.

Bryant was Shaq's teammate for seven seasons in Los Angeles and wasn't on the best of terms with O'Neal when he was traded to Miami in 2004. However, he insists that Wednesday's game is nothing special, aside from playoff implications.

"I do not care about that, for the last time," Bryant said. "Phoenix is at a level we're trying to get to. Even though they changed their team a little bit by trading Shawn (Marion), they're still one of the top teams in the league.

"So it's a big challenge for us, and I'm interested to see how we stack up."

Los Angeles has won two of three from the Suns this season including a 119-98 rout on Nov. 2 in Phoenix.

10 years ago '06        #3
KinGOFthaRING  OP
space
space
GB
1 Hornets* -
2 Suns* -
3 Lakers 1.0
4 Jazz* 2.5
5 Spurs 1.5
6 Mavericks 2.0
7 Rockets 4.0
8 Nuggets 4.0
9 Warriors 5.0
10 Blazers 9.0
11 Kings 12.5
12 Clippers 18.5
13 Sonics 22.5
14 Grizzlies 23.0
15 Timberwolves 25.5

x = Clinched Playoffs
y = Clinched Division
z = Clinched Conference
* = Division Leader

advertisement
 10 years ago '04        #4
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,454 | Props total: 6403 6403
lmao the Big Cactus, where do he get these stupid nicknames from. but anyways gonna b a good game 2night even if shaq don't play the whole game. probably gonna b the highest rated games of the year. i see the lakers coming out with the win with 100+ pts.
 10 years ago '04        #5
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 KinGOFthaRING said:
GB
1 Hornets* -
2 Suns* -
3 Lakers 1.0
4 Jazz* 2.5
5 Spurs 1.5
6 Mavericks 2.0
7 Rockets 4.0
8 Nuggets 4.0
9 Warriors 5.0
10 Blazers 9.0
11 Kings 12.5
12 Clippers 18.5
13 Sonics 22.5
14 Grizzlies 23.0
15 Timberwolves 25.5

x = Clinched Playoffs
y = Clinched Division
z = Clinched Conference
* = Division Leader

advertisement

NICE!!!

big game here...i honestly dont see this bein as close as it used to be, shawn marion was their x-factor, now they dont have him....shaq only playin 20 minutes, isnt scaring any of us laker fans

1st place again...here we come
 10 years ago '05        #6
DjYoUnG 
space
space
space
$151 | Props total: 0 0
man, i want to watch this game so bad but ill be in class!, does anyone know if they have a espn live stream somewhere?
 10 years ago '04        #7
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
A Lakers win puts them in 1st place in the Pacific.
 10 years ago '04        #8
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 DjYoUnG said:
man, i want to watch this game so bad but ill be in class!, does anyone know if they have a espn live stream somewhere?
channelsurfing.net
 02-20-2008, 12:45 PM         #9
Reverend X 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Big cactus? I think he sufferin from heat exhaustion.
 10 years ago '05        #10
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
let me be first to give the disclaimer that no matter the outcome of this game...it doesnt mean that team is clear cut favorite to take the west and blah,blah, blah....

i for one dont wanna hear "well the lakers jus smacked the suns, so if they meet in the playoffs its gonna be 4-1...just look what they did" and i also dont wanna hear "see, shaq is the x-factor and its clear the lakers cant hold um"...but, im sure itll happen whoever wins
 10 years ago '06        #11
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 casper said:
NICE!!!

big game here...i honestly dont see this bein as close as it used to be, shawn marion was their x-factor, now they dont have him....shaq only playin 20 minutes, isnt scaring any of us laker fans

1st place again...here we come
:applause: Damn, thought I was the only one who thought that Shawn Marion was the X-Factor.

But, Shaq will be a different beast out now. Hopefully he can only play 20 minutes. He's dangerous.

Lets Go Kobe!!!
 02-20-2008, 02:08 PM         #12
rawproduct03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hope it's a good game but i think suns by at least 10 tonight shaq wont let his team lose tonight5 and i think the fans will have the suns playin crazy tonight
 10 years ago '04        #13
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 hood135 said:
:applause: Damn, thought I was the only one who thought that Shawn Marion was the X-Factor.

But, Shaq will be a different beast out now. Hopefully he can only play 20 minutes. He's dangerous.

Lets Go Kobe!!!

well i say shawn marion was the x-factor because hes the guy that played both sides of the ball well for the suns....& he was the x-factor in the games against the lakers because of the poor play from odom, UP UNTIL NOW...

phx doesnt have that guy anymore...they will drop in points per game without marion, but i dont see them changin in the points they give up per game...so on the overall scale i see the phx team worse after the shaq deal...NOW I ADMIT, im saying this without seeing how a "new hungry shaq" plays, so we'll see...but from what i've seen outta shaq, im believin my eyes
 10 years ago '07        #14
authentics 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$748 | Props total: 66 66
Lakers!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #15
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 astroblack9 said:
let me be first to give the disclaimer that no matter the outcome of this game...it doesnt mean that team is clear cut favorite to take the west and blah,blah, blah....

i for one dont wanna hear "well the lakers jus smacked the suns, so if they meet in the playoffs its gonna be 4-1...just look what they did" and i also dont wanna hear "see, shaq is the x-factor and its clear the lakers cant hold um"...but, im sure itll happen whoever wins

ur right, that sh*t always happens...& ur right about it being just a regular season game...BUT

the lakers r leading the season series already....if the lakers win while havin a crucial injury to bynum, & having an injury to one of our best defensive players(ariza), it does say alot... the reason i bring up ariza is, the simple fact is, ur best defensive players mean alot when playing an offensive force like the suns...& if the lakers win with pau on shaq, i cant imagine losin with shaq on bynum & amare tryin to guard pau outside the paint...with lamar slashing in, or kobe goin where ever he wants

thats what u gotta think about the lakers r not fully healthy & they r still scary...even tonight when the lakers got the ball its not pau in the paint thats the scariest part its when pau gets it outside the paint, whos gonna be on him?? shaq cant leave that paint wide open, & amare cant stick odom outside either

its gonna be interesting

i do think the lakers r the best team in the west, their team looks perfect(including the bench), if its healthy...the true question is how will the spurs be healthy, will they ever be healthy???
 02-20-2008, 02:54 PM         #16
TheYoungPhenom 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im curious to see how shaq is gonna run up and down the court considering he couldnt even practice with the heat....but who knows......does anyone have any word when Bynum is coming back?
 02-20-2008, 03:45 PM         #17
djsmellie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Iam at the bar for this one
 10 years ago '06        #18
tharegime 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,163 | Props total: 21 21
damn I cant wait for this game
 10 years ago '04        #19
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 TheYoungPhenom said:
im curious to see how shaq is gonna run up and down the court considering he couldnt even practice with the heat....but who knows......does anyone have any word when Bynum is coming back?

sad to say everything ive heard hasnt been good...hes still got more swelling then expected & the longer it takes for that to go down the longer itll take for him to work his body back into the "game-shape", but ur in cali, u could prolly get more info then me, that just what i heard oon llike espn & sh*t
 10 years ago '07        #20
760 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,425 | Props total: 427 427
Big game for both teams, we gotta take this to avoid a season tie. fu*k SHAQ, Gasol gonna sh*t on him.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
58 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
193 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
146 comments
23 hours ago