Feb 19 - Nas' N*gger Album In Jeopardy, ''We'll Have To See,'' Says L.A. Reid

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
234 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
157 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #81
kat717 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,538 | Props total: 31 31
Man as long as he makes great music I don't care, though I wish he would be more clear on why he titled the album this.
 10 years ago '07        #82
datdude07 
space
space
$915 | Props total: 523 523
young jeezy ahhhhhhhhh
 10 years ago '04        #83
octane 
space
space
$3,844 | Props total: 649 649
 MosDefinition said:
gtfoh hip hop is dead had no buzz. he went back and bi*ched that hip hop was dead boom people start talking about him again

now with this crap if you think this isnt some attention whoring from nas then your blind. Wearing that shirt in front of a predominantely white audience at the grammy's instead of the naacp or bet awards means one thing attention whoring

he couldnt even articulate his point on cnn talking about black people losing the right to vote in 30 years on email chain bullsh*t
When was the last time Nas had a dance single? Which one of his songs has a dance or a catchy hook? Maybe in the 80's this would be true. Nowadays if you dont have a dance and a hook no one cares unless you are a fan. Kelis would have to release a s3x tape or show her pus*y to get more press. Britney and Soulja Boy Tell'em is running this. Black people don't want depth, they want to Superman that ho!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #84
octane 
space
space
 THaXcEpTiOnAL1 said:
ah, on the contrary if a white person sees "zzzzzz" on an album, i think that would motivate him to buy it since the white man tends to be more speculative of these things. it does seem nas is on a publicity stunt though. you must be kidding me if the album "hip hop is dead" doesn't make you want to listen to the reasons an artist would consider this genre dead. but for nas it could matter less, his name sells itself and he wouldn't need to sell more records cause he already is the GOAT. now all he is really trying to do is kick knowledge instead of proclaiming the title of the greatest.
The Hiphop market is aimed at black and white kids between 12 -19 nowadays. How many deep white people buy hiphop? Hiphop is Dead might make you want to listen to it, but not buy it. Most people are like fu*k you Nas!!! HipHop is alive!!! They will say this while singing "Shorty got low low low low low"!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #85
octane 
space
space
 rivertin89 said:
"Hip Hop is Dead" wasn't the opposite of trying to sell records. It was a fu*kin gimmick and so is this new album. Now I know Nas will try "kick knowledge" and explain how the word "N.igger" is wrong on the album.

But he also knows that places like Best Buy, Walmart, and Target will not want to carry an album with such a title. Controversy sells people.

So It will make the news once it drops and he's hoping that Bill O'Riley, Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson as well as the rest of America jump on the band wagon and argue over Moral Integrity and Freedom of Speech.

The end.

P.S. - To all of you saying white people are scared of this believe me they're not. The fact is, most if not all white people have come to expect this word uttered by rappers and with that said most white people will make this an issue of how Rappers are promoting racial slurs. (Point fingers at you)
If what you all was saying is true then no white people would listen to rap cause every album I ever heard has the n.igger in it.
Young People don't watch Fox News or CNN. They watch Boondocks ands 106 and Park. They want to dance, They don't want to listen to lyrics. I can't remember the last time Nas had a big publicity for an album as far as having a dance record or something with a catchy hook. That is why Nas hasn't had a liquor, an energy drink, sports bars, or any thing like that. I can't see little kids going to the store asking for the nas n word album. It's also not an fourth quarter album where sales are the biggest.
 10 years ago '07        #86
got2bdashoes 
space
space
$692 | Props total: 2 2
NAS IS A VERY CONSCIOUS RAPPER, HE VERY WELL KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. N*GGER NEVER REPRESENTED A GROUP OF PEOPLE. HUNDREDS OF YEARS LATER, AND IT'S STILL THE MOST POWERFUL WORD IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

Last edited by got2bdashoes; 02-20-2008 at 06:57 PM..
 02-20-2008, 08:17 PM         #87
Twinn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ANYBODY THINK NAS ALBUM TITLE IS NOT TARGETED TO SELLING RECORDS IS RETARDED!!!!

FOR ALL THAT HE COULD NAME HIS ALBUM KUNTE KINTE OR MARTIN LUTHER KING OR MALCOM X IF HE WANNA GET A MESSAGE TO BLACK PEOPLE. I AM WILLING TO BET $1000 THAT THIS "N*GGER" WILL SOUND LIKE "HIP HOP IS DEAD", "I AM", "STILLMATIC", AND "ILLMATIC". WTF MAKE YALL THINK THE ALBUM TITLE GONNA DO FOR GETTING A POINT ACROSS? THE WORD "N*GGER" FINALLY GONNA MAKE US LISTEN TO HIS WORDS???

fu*k OUTTA HERE!!! MAKE SOME SENSE WIT YALL SELVES!!!!!!!
 10 years ago '06        #88
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,614 | Props total: 2237 2237
 Twinn said:
ANYBODY THINK NAS ALBUM TITLE IS NOT TARGETED TO SELLING RECORDS IS RETARDED!!!!

FOR ALL THAT HE COULD NAME HIS ALBUM KUNTE KINTE OR MARTIN LUTHER KING OR MALCOM X IF HE WANNA GET A MESSAGE TO BLACK PEOPLE. I AM WILLING TO BET $1000 THAT THIS "N*GGER" WILL SOUND LIKE "HIP HOP IS DEAD", "I AM", "STILLMATIC", AND "ILLMATIC". WTF MAKE YALL THINK THE ALBUM TITLE GONNA DO FOR GETTING A POINT ACROSS? THE WORD "N*GGER" FINALLY GONNA MAKE US LISTEN TO HIS WORDS???

Uhhh....all albums are intended to sell. Whether they do or not is a different story.
 10 years ago '04        #89
octane 
space
space
 Twinn said:

dont buy it then. I think nas has some money tucked away somewhere.
 10 years ago '06        #90
Badnewz100 
space
space
$4,591 | Props total: 3671 3671
I like nas and all, but I think n*ggas mite sh*t on nas
 10 years ago '05        #91
player2k 
space
space
space
$236 | Props total: 0 0
check this out. I'm black and I absolutely hate the fact that nas is calling his album the zzzzzz. Their's already other races walkin around calling each other n*ggaz like they black!!!!!! Even celeberties are getting caught saying zzzzzz. Why the fu*k would u put the n word out their like dat. Just leave well enough alone. he gonna use zzzzzz as a cd title?? Man fu*k nas! The only cd i have of his, is stillmatic because of either and after i bought it i realized the whole cd was crack. Hiphopisdead was a lame fu*kin song and i didn't buy that bullsh*t cd. Now zzzzzz?? Nas had 1 hott cd and thats it. This is why this n*gga is lame and is only good when he's featuring on someone's track.

fu*kin clown with his girlfriend at the grammy's wearing shirts that say zzzzzz and you're black!!!! this n*gga nas is wacker than wack. Man, all he wants is ATTENTION. fu*k yo album n*gga.

Last edited by player2k; 02-21-2008 at 12:16 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #92
B. Steez 
space
space
$166 | Props total: 1 1
 player2k said:
check this out. I'm black and I absolutely hate the fact that nas is calling his album the zzzzzz. Their's already other races walkin around calling each other n*ggaz like they black!!!!!! Even celeberties are getting caught saying zzzzzz. Why the fu*k would u put the n word out their like dat. Just leave well enough alone. he gonna use zzzzzz as a cd title?? Man fu*k nas! The only cd i have of his, is stillmatic because of either and after i bought it i realized the whole cd was crack. Hiphopisdead was a lame fu*kin song and i didn't buy that bullsh*t cd. Now zzzzzz?? Nas had 1 hott cd and thats it. This is why this n*gga is lame and is only good when he's featuring on someone's track.

fu*kin clown with his girlfriend at the grammy's wearing shirts that say zzzzzz and you're black!!!! this n*gga nas is wacker than wack. Man, all he wants is ATTENTION. fu*k yo album n*gga.

Now i think jay z pac and biggie are the 3 goat's, but to say nas is whack is just being ignorant of his music. Illmatic, it was written, I am and stillmatic ARE ALL 5* albums.

if you disagree go listen to your flo rida and have a nice life
 02-21-2008, 11:37 AM         #93
Michael Jordan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Read the responses in this thread.

These very responses are the reason why NAS IS DROPPING THE ALBUM AND WHY HE SHOULD.

Why are we as black people afraid of the word n1gger? Look up n1gger in the dictionary. It means an ignorant person.

Like Nas' said in his interview, n1ggers are White,Black,Asian, & Latino. Everyone who's ignorant can be considered a n1gger.

What gave the white man so much power to have our black people upset and high strong over ONE GOD DAMN IDIOTIC WORD?

This is the point Nas is trying to get across, but you dumb as "NlGGERS" are too stupid to get passed the word "n1gger" and look at the real message behind the album.

How can we ever move forward if we are constantly stuck, bi*ching about our past.

Support the movement, atleast Nas is trying to send out a message instead of the typical cliche bullsh*t thats being put out now.

Good for Nas'. And I hope white people DO buy the album, so they can get the message that they are n1gger too.

I honestly question the future of our black people, with how our current music and the influence it has on us, and some of the examples in this thread alone that shows, that you people couldnt see a good message if it smacked you across the face.. Obama might truely be the LAST of our true leaders...

Some of you seriously need to go to college and get educated.

Last edited by Michael Jordan; 02-21-2008 at 11:42 AM..
 02-21-2008, 11:42 AM         #94
choong  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why the fu*k do people care so damn much about the name of a fu*king album?

you know what, you can all hold me to this if you like, When/If i get mainstream i am going to Name one of my albums 'c*nt'
 10 years ago '04        #95
scabbell 
space
space
space
$55 | Props total: 0 0
I like Nas....but he is on some sh*t if he thinks the label will let him do this
 10 years ago '07        #96
PC5000 
space
space
$320 | Props total: 0 0
Nas is a Legend, he should be able to call his album whatevr the f*ck he wants. Bunch of haters.
 02-21-2008, 10:28 PM         #97
Nolia2g7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it is just a publicity stunt, if u listen to nas's reasons for naming it that, is pretty weak.......only rapper powerful enough to actually have an effect was Pac....and he's gone, hence nas isnt gonna chance a word that people yelled out before they lynched my people by dropping a rap album.....and im a fan of nas's music
 02-22-2008, 07:12 AM         #98
guhh187  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
: ( Not a good look!!
 10 years ago '04        #99
1Yoself 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,218 | Props total: 956 956
LP will probably suck a.ss anyways.
 10 years ago '07        #100
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,340 | Props total: 2052 2052
 iThink said:
That's all it is. Too bad for him our culture isn't shocked by much anymore...hopefully it'll tank and he'll get a reality check.
clown what do you think grups like public enemy were doing back in the day. pushing the envelope tackling issues.

its just that commercial rap and the musicscape these days have gotten use to be safe and making a certain type of music. Radio friendly music

if you honestly believe this is a marketing ploy by such an artist like Nas. you obviously dnt listen to Nas.

hiphop is dead was a very appropriate title and subject matter. talking about the state of commercial music.

hiphop has always been around and will always be it just that it got totally sqeeze out of th emainstream. and thats what Nas was talking about

of course it wasnt saying HIpHOP doesnt exist. b/c it does but it hadnt for a while in the main stream for years now.

and since Nas came out with that album. now you see artist checking their subject matter for this songs. hiphop coming back from the underground and back to the mainstreem

so know more about an artist before you start talkin dumb sh*t
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy