The Official GDC 2008 Thread - FEB.18-22 [All GDC Discussion In Here]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
81 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
105 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
194 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #121
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
has anyone found a streaming link for the MS keynote yet?
 10 years ago '05        #122
m3st 1 heat pts
space
space
$678 | Props total: 0 0
that's what im wondering.^^

and goddamn too human shaping up REAL nice! can't wait.

Last edited by m3st; 02-20-2008 at 11:11 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #123
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,085 | Props total: 10767 10767
GDC 08: Too Human For a Mass Audience? (Xbox 360)

Silicon Knights' unusual dichotomy of elements takes a small step forward.

By:
Feb 20, 2008

Coming to the Game Developer's Conference this year, I realized I hadn't seen Silicon Knights' Too Human in person since its first appearance at E3 2005. Back then, Too Human was one of Microsoft's big new sci-fi action-RPG trilogies--along with Mass Effect--and the press and gamers couldn't get enough of president Denis Dyack and his lofty Nordic-themed creation.

Public perception, however, has changed drastically since Too Human's E3 debut. After the game took a beating from the gamers and the game press alike, Too Human has gone underground with only a few rare appearances. Denis Dyack has appeared numerous times on message boards engaging and arguing with hardcore gamers about the state of his game. Silicon Knights has sued Epic Games for sabotage and negligence due to a lack of support for its Unreal Engine 3. And now, three years later, people have mixed feelings about the developer and the project, which Dyack states "will definitely come out in 2008," though he will not confirm a specific release date.

So what gives? What is the fuss about Denis Dyack and Too Human? Since my first viewing, I've always thought of Too Human as an action game with RPG elements, sort of like Devil May Cry or even Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. But Too Human is best described as World of DiabloCraft with a Nordic story. It's essentially a dungeon crawler with a lofty mythological narrative and tons of customization. Sure, there is more, such as the four-player online co-op. But at its core, Too Human is a fancy evolution of Diablo.

Nothing wrong with that, right? From the demo, which showed an early part of the game, the game's combat is simplified into essentially moving a controller's right analog stick to attack. Not clicking or flicking, mind you--just holding the right analog stick side and holding it there to engage in melee. There is very little skill involved in the act of combat, with the exception of timing special attacks or switching from melee weapons to guns and back. And that's hardly using much skill. Though I have loved my fair share of Diablo, Baldur's Gate, and Champions of Norrath, Too Human still tries my imagination. Because the camera, by default, looks at the game from various cinematic viewpoints, it doesn't look like a Diablo clone. It looks like an action game or even a shooter, and that's where many gamers, including myself, have been getting mixed messages.

Clearly, the early sections of the game are designed to be easy. You could see in Dyack's 45 minute demo that plowing through dozens of robotic enemies was a simple if not effortless task. During the demo, the lead character Baldur majestically sweeps through hordes of evil-looking robotic insects, untouched and unfazed by enemy weapons. Later on, when I got my hands on the controller, I found that sweeping through the hordes was amazingly simple to execute for a random player, too. Hopefully, later sections will require a fiercer and more aggressive strategy.

Engage in simple yet large scale melee and shooting sequences.

So if the action is simplistic, even skill-less, then what's the attraction? For one, Too Human is artfully designed and beautiful looking. The landscapes are created using a massive sense of scale and are filled with gigantic machines, war crafts, enormous stone statues, and deep, impressive caves. Character faces are highly detailed, including smart eye movement and wrinkled skin and Baldur's own unusual scars, blue streaks that look like tiger claw marks. The game also boasts technical prowess: It is displayed at 720p with 4X anti-aliasing, atmospheric scattering, and eight lights per character. Real-time lighting, god rays, and particles are seen everywhere with great effect. And the sole loading screen we saw lasted for about seven seconds max.

But while a great many aspects of Too Human are eye-catching, there are many cracks in this veneer. While the beautifully handled cutscenes are impressive, they show noticeable slowdown, a side effect of the tech team's lenience toward giving the art team as few obstacles or boundaries as possible. The gameplay itself looked like it was running at less than 30 frames per second (although according to director of technology James O'Reilly, the gameplay on this demo runs at a locked 30 FPS--looks can be deceiving).

Silicon Knights' coming-out party at this year's GDC '08 is more or less the developer and the publisher's statement that Too Human is ready to be seen, shown, and talked about again. While most of the demo displayed tonight has been shown before, several sections of the game were shown for the first time, including a nasty bar f!ght with a human-eating machine dramatizes the game's multiweapon components. The five-character class system (champion, commando, bio-engineer, beserker, defender), shown before, was displayed in much more depth this time around. Dyack explained that that the auto-salvage tool has never been seen. When you find a new sword, for instance, this tool automatically will search for any previously owned swords of this type and discard or salvage the weapon for cash, eliminating the need for you to manually repeat the process over and over again. We were also shown how runes can enhance charms and how runes can be inserted into weapons to upgrade their powers. The inventory system was revealed with more depth too, including how changes are made to weapons, armor, charms, runes, blueprints, and armor blueprints. Blueprints are exactly what they sound like: found designs which then require players to find or buy the right parts to fully construct them.

After talking to a number of game journalists during the event, Too Human's GDC showing didn’t wow anyone with any one element, or even as a whole. Nobody walked away shocked, stunned, or blown away. (We can thank last year's fall outcropping of games for having raised the graphic bar significantly.) But Too Human, on its own, is a gamer's game, a hardcore c*cktail of Norse-driven fantasy, RPG-character building, and Silicon Knight's own ambitious attempt at merging cinema, myth, and gameplay in a way that's never been done before. However, the same thing that will attract some hardcore gamers--a certain nerdy seriousness and depth--is also the same quality that could repel the mainstream gamer far away from this first chapter of three. Too Human may have a future, but it most likely won't be for everyone.

10 years ago '04        #124
jwhizkid 
space
space
$2,055 | Props total: 17 17
so basically not much has surfaced thus far but there's still more to come. too human, left 4 dead 360 console exclusive, and a gran turismo wheel.
 10 years ago '05        #125
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
Microsoft PR Confirms Gears of War 2 Exclusive to 360, New XBLA titles and More at GDC

In Italian though:

Xbox 360 è la prima console a invitare gli sviluppatori di tutto il mondo a creare giochi originali e condividerli online con milioni di persone

I giochi creati dalla comunità raddoppieranno le dimensioni
del catalogo di titoli

SAN FRANCISCO, 20 febbraio 2008 – Attraverso un annuncio nel corso dell’intervento all’evento annuale GDC (Game Developers Conference), Microsoft Corporation ha promesso che presto gli abbonati a Xbox LIVE potranno provare, valutare e condividere giochi creati dalla comunità. Dopo essere stata la prima a livello di settore a introdurre giochi online ad alta velocità e giochi ad alta definizione, Xbox 360 ancora una volta guida la strada dell’innovazione introducendo un nuovo servizio di distribuzione aperto per i giochi creati dalla community, che presto potranno essere provati dai 10 milioni di abbonati a Xbox LIVE. I videogame sviluppati dagli utenti e disponibili in Xbox LIVE raddoppieranno presto le dimensioni del catalogo di titoli per Xbox 360. Entro la fine del 2008, gli appassionati di Xbox 360 accederanno a oltre 1000 giochi, attraverso il catalogo più grande, creativo e diversificato offerto da qualsiasi piattaforma di nuova generazione.
“È arrivato il momento che il settore dei giochi apra le porte a tutti gli sviluppatori, consentendo a chiunque di condividere le proprie creazioni con il mondo”, ha dichiarato John Schappert, Corporate Vice President of LIVE, Software and Services della divisione Interactive Entertainment Business di Microsoft. “Il nostro obiettivo è dare il via a una rivoluzione creativa e sociale nei giochi con lo stesso potere di trasformazione che abbiamo potuto vedere nel mondo della musica digitale e dei video.”
Tutti sono invitati a condividere i propri giochi con milioni di altre persone.
Per dare un’idea del potenziale futuro dei giochi creati dalla comunità per Xbox 360, Chris Satchell, General Manager e Chief XNA Architect di Microsoft, ha annunciato che sette giochi creati utilizzando XNA Game Studio 2.0 saranno disponibili per gli utenti di Xbox 360, che potranno eseguirne il download da Xbox LIVE Marketplace:
• “JellyCar”. Creato dalla software house statunitense Walaber, questo titolo mette il giocatore alla guida di un’auto di gelatina attraverso buffi mondi gommosi, nel tentativo di raggiungere l’uscita.
• “Little Gamers”. Questo gioco d’azione 2D ad alta definizione è basato sul celebre fumetto Web “Little Gamers” creato da Loïc Dansart, uno sviluppatore di software ventiquattrenne originario del Belgio.
• “The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai”. Un intenso gioco di azione e di piattaforma 2D creato dallo statunitense James Silva, “Dishwasher” ha un look unico e altamente stilizzato, insieme a un’azione rapida e fluida.
• “TriLinea”. Questo puzzle game creato dai brasiliani Edison S. Prata Jr., Renato Pelizzari da Silva e Davi da Silva Prata unisce un’azione frenetica alla strategia.
• “RocketBall”. Sviluppato dagli statunitensi Tyler Wanlass, Patrick Murty e Todd Barrons, questo gioco regala l’emozione di una partita a dodgeball per strada con un’azione multiplayer mozzafiato.
• “ProximityHD”. Questo titolo, nato dallo statunitense Brian Cable, prende l’essenza dei giochi di strategia (combattere per il controllo di territori ed eserciti) e la distilla fino a ottenere un semplice set di regole per i giocatori occasionali.
• “Culture”. Ideato dall’azienda indipendente di sviluppo Hidden Path Entertainment, con sede negli Stati Uniti, “Culture” contiene appassionanti giochi e rompicapo basati su splendidi fiori.
I giochi per Xbox 360 sviluppati utilizzando il software XNA Game Studio di Microsoft e la partecipazione all’XNA Creators Club potranno essere inviati per la distribuzione tramite Xbox LIVE. Ogni gioco creato dalla comunità dovrà essere sottoposto a un approfondito processo di revisione da parte degli utenti e verrà valutato in base alla precisione nella rappresentazione e all’appropriatezza. Gli sviluppatori di giochi potranno sperimentare il processo in fase di beta testing questa primavera e distribuire i propri giochi su Xbox LIVE entro la fine dell’anno.
 10 years ago '05        #126
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
Microsoft presenta in anteprima i giochi
per Xbox 360 in arrivo nel 2008 e annuncia il lancio di “Gears of War 2” per il prossimo novembre

Gli sviluppatori più importanti al mondo preparano la strada per un anno eccezionale, ricco di titoli di primo piano come “Gears of War 2”, “Fable 2”, “Ninja Gaiden II” e numerosi giochi disponibili su Xbox LIVE Arcade

SAN FRANCISCO, 20 febbraio 2008 - Oggi nel corso della Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2008, Microsoft Corporation ha presentato in anteprima le novità di quello che promette di essere un altro anno entusiasmante per i giochi e l’intrattenimento online sulla piattaforma Xbox 360 e ha annunciato ufficialmente il lancio di “Gears of War 2”, disponibile in esclusiva per Xbox 360 dal prossimo novembre.
In conclusione dell’intervento di Microsoft alla GDC, Cliff Bleszinski, Lead Designer di Epic Games Inc., ha annunciato che l’epica saga di Marcus Fenix e della Squadra Delta continuerà in esclusiva per Xbox 360 questo autunno con “Gears of War 2”. Questo sequel molto atteso del campione di incassi “Gears of War”, con 4,5 milioni di copie vendute, esplora ancora più a fondo la lotta dell’umanità contro la terrificante Orda di Locuste e promette di portare la grafica ad alta definizione a un livello senza precedenti.
Inoltre, Peter Molyneux, il celebre sviluppatore di Lionhead Studios, è salito sul palco per presentare le nuove, entusiasmanti funzionalità multiplayer di “Fable 2”, che per la prima volta nella serie introduce la modalità di gioco in cooperazione. Molyneux ha anche annunciato che nel corso dell’anno, prima del lancio di “Fable 2”, i giocatori potranno avere un’anteprima del mondo del gioco quando i giochi da taverna debutteranno come download standalone in Xbox LIVE Arcade. Al momento del lancio, i giocatori avranno la possibilità di trasferire il denaro guadagnato in questi giochi direttamente al proprio personaggio di “Fable 2”. Questa esperienza unica nel suo genere, resa possibile solo da Xbox LIVE Arcade, offrirà a milioni di appassionati di “Fable” l’opportunità di entrare nel mondo di “Fable 2” disponendo già di una certa somma di denaro.
Tomonobu Itagaki ha anche rivelato le nuove funzionalità di condivisione offerte da “Ninja Gaiden II”, tra cui Ninja Cinema, reso possibile esclusivamente da Xbox LIVE, che offre esperienze di intrattenimento entusiasmanti e innovative per gli oltre 10 milioni di abbonati a Xbox LIVE di tutto il mondo, consentendo ai giocatori di registrare e caricare le proprie mosse ninja migliori su Xbox LIVE.
“Per il nostro team il gioco originale era solo un a.ssaggio dei nuovi personaggi e della nuova esperienza di gioco di Gears of War. Eravamo entusiasti all’idea di realizzare il seguito e di scendere ancora più a fondo nell’universo di questa serie”, ha dichiarato Cliff Bleszinski, Lead Designer di Epic Games. “Gears of War 2 offre un’esperienza ancora più avanzata e coinvolgente del primo capitolo del gioco e non vediamo l’ora di renderlo disponibile per gli appassionati il prossimo novembre.”
Quest’anno, i giochi più attesi saranno disponibili esclusivamente per Xbox 360, inclusi i nuovi capitoli di serie di punta come “Gears of War”, “Fable” e “Ninja Gaiden”, oltre a nuovi titoli come “Too Human”.
• “Gears of War 2” (Epic Games). “Gears of War 2” è il sequel del campione di incassi, con 4,5 milioni di copie vendute, che ha ridefinito il genere dei giochi d’azione tattici in terza persona. “Gears of War 2” continua la storia di Marcus Fenix e della Squadra Delta in un’epica saga di sopravvivenza, sconfitta e castigo. Sviluppato da Epic Games in esclusiva per Xbox 360, “Gears of War 2” sarà disponibile dal prossimo novembre.
• “Fable 2” (Lionhead Studios). In aggiunta alla dinamica modalità cooperativa presentata oggi, Peter Molyneux ha anche annunciato che Carbonated Games porterà l’esperienza di “Fable 2” su Xbox LIVE Arcade. Prima del lancio del gioco, i giocatori potranno vivere in anteprima l’esperienza di “Fable 2” e iniziare a guadagnare denaro da utilizzare in “Fable 2” cimentandosi nei giochi da taverna in stile “Fable 2” scaricabili da Xbox LIVE Arcade. Il denaro guadagnato in questi titoli di Xbox LIVE Arcade consentirà ai giocatori di acquistare oggetti in “Fable 2” dopo il rilascio del gioco.
• “Ninja Gaiden II” (TECMO/Team NINJA). Tomonobu Itagaki ha presentato diverse nuove caratteristiche per Xbox LIVE di “Ninja Gaiden II”, tra cui la possibilità di acquisire e condividere video dei combattimenti dei giocatori tramite la funzionalità Ninja Cinema e caricarli in Xbox LIVE. “Ninja Gaiden II” verrà lanciato a livello mondiale il prossimo giugno.
• “Too Human” (Silicon Knights). Microsoft ha anche presentato “Too Human”, l’epico gioco d’azione del celebre sviluppatore canadese Silicon Knights, in un evento per i media organizzato prima dell’intervento di oggi. In “Too Human” i giocatori sono chiamati a vivere un’esperienza di azione senza confronti, resa frenetica dalla completa integrazione di combattimento corpo-a-corpo e con armi da fuoco, insieme a elementi di gioco di ruolo e una grafica eccezionale ottenuta grazie alla potenza di Xbox 360.
Con le modalità di gioco multiplayer online, i contenuti scaricabili e i sistemi per restare in contatto con altri giocatori di tutto il mondo, questi titoli di sicuro successo sfruttano tutta la potenza di Xbox LIVE per creare esperienze di intrattenimento realmente entusiasmanti e innovative. Ogni gioco, inoltre, include funzionalità per gli obiettivi, che consentiranno agli abbonati a Xbox LIVE di contribuire agli oltre un miliardo di obiettivi finora disponibili sul servizio. Inoltre, come nel caso dei giochi da taverna di “Fable 2”, i contenuti scaricabili di Xbox LIVE Marketplace offriranno ai giocatori la possibilità di personalizzare e migliorare le loro esperienze di gioco. Dal lancio del servizio, Microsoft ha ottenuto oltre 250 milioni di dollari di entrate da Xbox LIVE Marketplace, grazie all’acquisto di più di 20 miliardi di Microsoft Points.
Gli abbonati a Xbox LIVE hanno utilizzato buona parte di questi Microsoft Points in Xbox LIVE Arcade, che rappresenta la principale destinazione per i giochi classici e originali ad alta definizione distribuiti in modo digitale. Con più di 116 giochi tra cui scegliere in Xbox LIVE Arcade, tutti possono iniziare immediatamente a divertirsi. Xbox LIVE Arcade è anche uno spazio per gli sviluppatori indipendenti più innovativi del mondo, con oltre 25 studios impegnati nella creazione dei giochi originali che rappresentano più di un quarto del catalogo di Xbox LIVE Arcade. I titoli descritti di seguito sono solo alcuni esempi dei giochi che saranno resi disponibili prossimamente in Xbox LIVE Arcade dai più importanti sviluppatori indipendenti:
• “Braid” (Number None Inc.). Sviluppato da Jonathan Blow, vincitore dell’Independent Games Festival e progettista di giochi sperimentali, “Braid” è un gioco di piattaforma che cambia tutte le regole grazie alla manipolazione del tempo. “Braid” sarà disponibile dalla primavera.
• “Castle Crashers” (The Behemoth). “Castle Crashers” è il secondo titolo in fase di sviluppo dal pluripremiato sviluppatore indipendente The Behemoth, creatore di “Alien Hominid HD”. In questa avventura RPG (Role-Playing Game), fino a quattro giocatori possono combattere senza tregua per aprirsi la propria strada all’interno di un paesaggio dalla grafica eccezionale e disegnato a mano. “Castle Crashes” sarà disponibile dall’estate.
• “Defense Grid: The Awakening” (Hidden Path Entertainment LLC). “Defense Grid: The Awakening” è il gioco di difesa definitivo progettato specificamente per Xbox LIVE Arcade e sarà disponibile dall’estate.
• “Go! Go! Break Steady” (Little Boy Games). Disponibile in esclusiva per Xbox LIVE Arcade, “Go! Go! Break Steady” è il titolo di debutto realizzato dallo sviluppatore indipendente Little Boy Games. Questo gioco musicale e di tipo puzzle unisce la breakdance con un’innovativa esperienza di gioco e sarà disponibile dall’estate.
• “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness” (Hothead Games). La prima collaborazione a un videogioco tra i creatori di Penny Arcade, Mike “Gabe” Krahulik e Jerry “Tycho” Holkins, e il leggendario progettista di giochi Ron Gilbert, “Penny Arcade Adventures” è un gioco di avventura RPG ambientato in un universo degli Anni Venti altamente stilizzato e pieno di bizzarri personaggi, furiosi combattimenti e umorismo per adulti. Il primo episodio del gioco sarà disponibile dall’estate.

yeah you read that right... Gears of War 2 November 2008

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #127
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts OP
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
yo wtf u doing posting dat jibberish son...LMAO!!!!!!
 02-20-2008, 12:06 PM         #128
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
P, use GOOGLE translator and here what comes up :), peep the news on NG2 it will have CINEMA feature.

Microsoft presents preview games
For Xbox 360 arriving in 2008 and announced the launch of "Gears of War 2" for next November

The developers world more important to prepare the way for an exceptional year, full of songs by the first plan as "Gears of War 2", "Fable 2", "Ninja Gaiden II and many games available on Xbox LIVE ARCADE

SAN FRANCISCO, February 20, 2008 -

Today at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2008, Microsoft Corporation has presented the latest news of what promises to be another exciting years for online games and entertainment on the platform and Xbox 360 officially announced the launch of "Gears of War 2", available exclusively for Xbox 360 by next November.

In conclusion of the GDC Microsoft, Cliff Bleszinski, Lead Designer of Epic Games Inc.. Announced that the epic saga of Marcus Fenix and Team Delta will continue exclusively for Xbox 360 this autumn with "Gears of War 2" . This long-awaited sequel sample collections "Gears of War", with 4.5 million copies sold, explore more deeply the struggle of humanity against the Locust Horde terrifying and promises to bring high-definition graphics to a unprecedented level.

In addition, Peter Molyneux, the famous developer Lionhead Studios, climbed on stage to present the new, exciting features multiplayer "Fable 2", which for the first time in the series introduces the game modes in cooperation. Molyneux also announced that during the year before the launch of "Fable 2", players can get a preview of the world of the game when games tavern debutteranno as standalone download on Xbox LIVE Arcade. At launch, players will be able to transfer money earned in these games directly to their character of "Fable 2. This experience unique in its kind, made possible by Xbox LIVE Arcade, will give millions of fans of "Fable" the opportunity to enter the world of "Fable 2" already have a certain amount of money.

Tomonobu Itagaki also revealed the new features offered by sharing "Ninja Gaiden II, including Ninja Cinema, made possible only by Xbox LIVE, which offers entertainment experiences exciting and innovative for the more than 10 million subscribers to Xbox LIVE all the world, allowing players to register and upload their best ninja moves on Xbox LIVE.

"For our team the original game was just a taste of new characters and new gaming experience of Gears of War. We were very enthusiastic to make the follow-up and get even more deeply into this series, "said Cliff Bleszinski, Lead Designer of Epic Games. "Gears of War 2 provides an even more advanced and immersive first chapter of the game and we look forward to making it available to fans next November."

This year, the most anticipated games will be available exclusively for Xbox 360, including new chapters serial tip as "Gears of War", "Fable" and "Ninja Gaiden", as well as new titles like "Too Human."

• "Gears of War 2" (Epic Games). "Gears of War 2" is the sequel of the sample collection, with 4.5 million copies sold, which has redefined the genre of tactical action games in the third person. "Gears of War 2" continues the story of Marcus Fenix and Team Delta in an saga of survival, defeat and doom. Developed by Epic Games exclusively for Xbox 360, "Gears of War 2" will be available from next November.

• "Fable 2" (Lionhead Studios). In addition to dynamic mode cooperative presented today, Peter Molyneux has also announced that Carbonated Games will bring the experience of "Fable 2" on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Before the launch of the game, players can live preview experience "Fable 2" and start earning money to be used in "Fable 2" cimentandosi in games from tavern-style "Fable 2" downloadable Xbox LIVE Arcade. The money earned in these securities Xbox LIVE Arcade will allow players to purchase items in "Fable 2" after the release of the game.

• "Ninja Gaiden II" (TECMO / Team NINJA). Tomonobu Itagaki has presented several new features for Xbox LIVE "Ninja Gaiden II, including the ability to capture and share videos of players f!ghting through functionality Ninja Cinema and load on Xbox LIVE. "Ninja Gaiden II" will be launched worldwide in June.

• "Too Human" (Silicon Knights). Microsoft has also presented "Too Human", the epic action game of the famous Canadian developer Silicon Knights, in an event organized for the media before today. In "Too Human" players are called to live an action beyond comparison, made by the complete integration frenetic combat body - to-body and firearms, along with elements of role-playing and an exceptional graphics obtained thanks to the power of the Xbox 360.

With multiplayer game modes online, downloadable content and systems to keep in touch with other players from all over the world, these titles successful exploit the full power of Xbox LIVE to create entertainment experiences really exciting and innovative. Each game also includes features for the objectives, which will allow subscribers to Xbox LIVE to contribute to the more than one billion goals so far available on the service. Moreover, as in the case of tavern games "Fable 2", the contents of downloadable Xbox LIVE Marketplace will offer players the ability to customize and improve their gaming experiences. Since the launch of the service, Microsoft has obtained over 250 million dollars in revenue from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, thanks to the purchase of more than 20 billion Microsoft Points.

Subscribers to Xbox LIVE have used most of these Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Arcade, which is the main destination for classic games and original high-definition digital distributed so. With more than 116 games to choose from on Xbox LIVE Arcade, anyone can begin to enjoy immediately. Xbox LIVE Arcade is also a space for independent developers of the most innovative world, with more than 25 studios involved in the creation of original games that represent more than a quarter of catalog Xbox LIVE Arcade. The titles below are just a few examples of games that will be made available shortly on Xbox LIVE Arcade by the most important independent developers:

• "Braid" (Number None Inc..). Developed by Jonathan Blow, poročila o Games Festival winner and designer of experimental games, "Braid" is a platform game that changes all the rules thanks to the manipulation of time. "Braid" will be available by spring.

• "Castle Crashers" (The Behemoth). "Castle Crashers" is the second title under development by the award-winning independent developer The Behemoth, creator of "Alien Hominid HD. In this adventure RPG (Role-Playing Game), up to four players can f!ght tirelessly to open their own way in a landscape by exceptional graphics and designed by hand. "Crashes Castle" will be available from summer.

• "Defense Grid: The Awakening" (Hidden Path Entertainment LLC). "Defense Grid: The Awakening" is the final game of defense designed specifically for Xbox LIVE Arcade and will be available from summer.
• "Go! Go! Steady Break "(Little Boy Games). Available exclusively for Xbox LIVE Arcade, "Go! Go! Steady Break "is the title of debut made by independent developer Little Boy Games. This game of musical and type puzzle combining breakdance with an innovative gaming experience and will be available from summer.

• "Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness" (Hothead Games). The first collaboration between a video game creators of the Penny Arcade, Mike "Gabe" Krahulik and Jerry "Tycho" Holkins, and the legendary game designer Ron Gilbert, "Penny Arcade Adventures" is an RPG adventure game set in a universe of Twenty Years highly stylized and full of bizarre characters, furious f!ghting and humor for adults. The first episode of the game will be available from summer.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 02-20-2008 at 12:11 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #129
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
wtf, I'm the only that speak Italian in here?

here's the best part about the 2nd quote:

GEARS OF WAR 2 NOVEMBER 2008

[pic - click to view]

02-20-2008, 12:15 PM         #130
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:
wtf, I'm the only that speak Italian in here?

here's the best part about the 2nd quote:

GEARS OF WAR 2 NOVEMBER 2008

[pic - click to view]

^ that fool at the Allstar game doing that same sh*t, had me dying
 10 years ago '05        #131
Killa_Khaos7 
space
space
$324 | Props total: 0 0
I'm excited for Gears 2. Hopefully they get that hit detection fixed this time. k!lled Gears 1 for me to have to aim like 10 feet in front of people.
 10 years ago '05        #132
m3st 1 heat pts
space
space
$678 | Props total: 0 0
^^ that's a bigass robot
 10 years ago '04        #133
space
space
sites that will be live blogging the press conference:

the video for the conference will be avalable shortly after on xbox live..and im pretty sure any othe game video site on the net

this aint the nd of the con either...i read sony & nintendo have some things to talk about...not in keynote fashion tho
 10 years ago '04        #134
space
space

[pic - click to view]

02-20-2008, 12:22 PM         #135
Jann 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well im in this bi*ch right now. hopefully some good stuff goes down.
 10 years ago '05        #136
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space

[pic - click to view]

get it together microsoft, get it together...
 02-20-2008, 12:26 PM         #137
Jann 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why the fu*k they playing james bond music right now.
 02-20-2008, 12:27 PM         #138
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:

[pic - click to view]

get it together microsoft, get it together...

oh man.......
 10 years ago '04        #139
space
space
goldeneye???
 02-20-2008, 12:28 PM         #140
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no streams Kap?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
19 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
275 comments
19 hours ago