Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
39 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #101
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,089 | Props total: 10779 10779
GDC08: Joystiq live at the Too Human press conference

5:23 pm PT -- We're in our seats waiting for the Too Human press event to begin. Stay tuned for more!

5:26 pm PT -- Denis Dyack appears on the stage in a magnificent puff of smoke. (Actually, he just marched on there, but we're sure that's how he envisioned it.)

5:27 pm PT -- Denis Dyack gives us some background on Too Human's story. Wars are waged, robots are deployed, and humans do battle against mean-spirited gods. Unfortunately for humans, machines are the only ones not bothered by the ice-age that results from all the nuclear shenanigans.

5:28 pm PT -- A video starts... followed by a Frederich Nietsche quote (of course!) A dark and shady figure directs the main character, as any good trailer, away from the camera.

5:31 pm PT
-- The character releases a slouched body for rescue just before being attacked by a gigantic beast. His comrades are all k!lled as he escapes with the body. Seriously, the beast is huge (and reminiscent of Gears of War). A half-cyborg woman looks over a fallen soldier and touches him, also turning him into some robot zombie soldier being.

5:32 pm PT -- A crow flies across a futuristic city and perches on the window of a ... bar? Scantily clad women serve drinks to grizzled, bearded men. "Another body was pulled from the channel, ripped to shreds." We have a feeling they're drinking mead. It's a Norse thing.

5:33 pm PT -- A cloaked figure marches in, arousing suspicions from everyone. The crowd utters, "he's here." Uh oh, a guy makes the mistake of picking a f!ght an gets a gun pointed at his face. "Move." It's Baldur (we think), totally overdressed for a bar but well equipped it seems.

5:34 pm PT -- A giant robot monster dog... thing bursts in and a battle ensues. This cutscene is fancy... and long. Baldur (we'll just a.ssume) starts do his "saving the people" thing.

5:37 pm PT -- He's knocked to the ground and smashes through the door with the beast. He climbs out casually, dusts off his shoulder. The beast bursts through the ground -- his manners are just not up to par. Baldur pulls out his sword, does some fancy aerobics, and slices the creature's metallic arm off.

5:38 pm PT -- The creature flees through a self-made door. Fade to black, end of trailer.

5:39 pm PT -- We're at a character class select screen. The Champion class excels at critical strikes and air combat, notes Dyack. Next is the Commando, "essentially your nuker." The Bioengineer can regenerate health and look absolutely fabulous while doing so.

5:40 pm PT -- The Defender is "your typical tank," and largely resembles one. Dyack chooses the champion class, perhaps a thinkly veiled message aimed at the ongoing Epic lawsuit? Nah, we're probably reading too much into it. "Take a look at the loading screen 'cos it's the last time you'll see it in the demo" -- ooh, snarky!

5:41 pm PT -- The real-time cutscenes are impressive, and immediately brings to mind Mass Effect -- sans all the texture pop-in and slowdown.

5:42 pm PT
-- A bunch of soldiers arrive in a frigid climate, packed into a large armored vehicles. Said one trooper to another, "Humans this far beyond the wall generally don't come back." More choice quotes: "It's a good day to die." "You always say that." "It always is."

5:43 pm PT -- After the initial load time, we've yet to see any loading between cutscenes and gameplay. So far, the framerate we've seen in the real-time game is markedly improved.

5:44 pm PT -- Too Human is being rendered in "true 720p", says Dyack. We start counting pixels. One, two, three... Dyack says the philosophy is to not burder the player with camera control. It's all meant to be automagical.

5:45 pm PT -- Aside from some shimmering, the ancient temple being explored looks beautiful. No framerate hiccups yet! (98, 99, 100 ...)

5:46 pm PT -- The camera briefly switches to the perspective of a monster stalking Baldur. Dyack is still able to control his character. A f!ght breaks out, and Baldur gets to work shooting slashing and otherwise abusing robots. (145, 146, 147 ...)

5:47 pm PT -- "Not even breaking a sweat," says a companion. Is he talking about the graphics engine? (Agh, we lost count of the pixels!) Dyack notes there are six or seven different camera styles, including one more akin to Diablo.

5:48 pm PT -- Another real-time cutscene. A robotic angel thing -- we later learn is a valkerye -- descends from the sky. The framerate drops noticeably but quickly recovers. We're happy to see that's only a minor annoyance this time.

5:49 pm PT
-- Cutting back to the game. Dyack reminds us there's still no load times. Baldur rides a platform across a long chasm. It looks a lot like Halo 3. This is apparently a flashback, but it's interactive. O Dyack, the time space continuum will be hurting for this.
 10 years ago '05        #102
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space

5:50 pm PT -- Baldur engages in conversation with a guy with bizarre glasses. Are those LED screens? We need some of those. We also suspect Baldur's voice actor to be Crispin Freeman. Look it up on IMDB and consider how geeky we are.

5:51 pm PT -- Baldur has leveled up, and we see a deluge of stats in the status screen. Armor, levels, weapons, skills, all very... RPG-ish.

5:53 pm PT -- Several skills are open to you, depending on which "skill path" or skill tree you decide to traverse. "It's very very deep," notes Dyack.

5:54 pm PT -- Baldur gets ambushed and engages in battle again. Each enemy's health bar is displayed above it.

5:55 pm PT -- Baldur's quite the acrobatic fellow. "If we make it out of here, I'll buy you more mead than even you can drink!" We knew there was mead in this! Air combos, dazzling attacks and flashy effects -- they're making this look easy!

5:56 pm PT -- Uh oh, giant robot with a very large hammer. Baldur dodges the attacks, dashes up the enemies back and stabs it in the haead with his sword (laser variety)

5:57 pm PT -- Another cutscene, with a blonde lass telling Baldur that he's been "greatly missed." He's being left in her capable hands. *cue 70s pr0n music*

5:58 pm PT -- Baldur should learn to crack a smile. The guy's worse than Ryu Hazuki when it comes to ignoring blatant female advances. "I'll be here for you." "I'll keep that in mind."

6:00 pm PT -- They're now in a virtual environment. Very nature-themed. Three women, of various age and revealing clothing, talk with Baldur and the blonde lass. "You can visit us ... anytime ... alone."

6:02 pm PT -- Old hags give Baldur some advice. This game's idea of cyberspace is certainly a bit lusher and exotic than we imagined it to be. No Johnny Mnemonic flashbacks here.

6:03 pm PT -- Baldur's still in cyberspace and is taking a stroll through a lush forest. A new power enables him to open a door -- a power which translates to the "real world"

6:04 pm PT -- Baldur's back in the temple, and can now pass through the door which he opened in cyberspace. We switch to the game's main city hub, where items and weapons can be purchased with wild abandon.

6:05 pm PT -- Dyack says he's a "big believer in ease and accesibility," and loathes "inventory Tetris." Everything's meant to be simple in Too Human.

6:07 pm PT -- Even if your inventory is full, it will automatically add any new items and throw out whatever it determines to be junk.

6:08 pm PT -- Runes! You can equip multitudes of them to enhance your various statistics. Charms also enable different effects on your attacks, one example being a charm that turns enemies against each other. "Now's a good time to switch to the ice forest," says Dyack. It seems like a nice enough place to switch to, right?

6:10 pm PT
-- We're now playing as the Berserker class, a dual-wielding maniac that seems quite efficient at ariborn combos. Some of the berserker's animations seem a little awkward and abrupt. But hey, we're still not seeing any of those infamous framerate dips!

6:12 pm PT -- Experience bonuses and combo bonuses can be obtained by using airborne combos. Good to know! The environments have an impressive sense of scale, and deeply compel us to use words like "grand" and "ooooohhh."

6:14 pm PT -- Dark elves and goblins attack. It seems that using a special screen-clearing attack will have a negative effect on your accrued bonus and combo points. Don't take the easy way out, huh?

6:16 pm PT -- "That's probably a good time to stop everything," says Dyack interrupting a last cutscene.

6:17 pm PT -- Dyack is now taking questions. We ask about a release window, and get "soon." The date will be announced as soon as possible.

6:19 pm PT -- "Will it still be a trilogy and still on Xbox 360?" Dyack says yes and yes.

6:21 pm PT -- "Due to the loud people in the back" -- a lot of people jumped up to grab hands-on time -- "we're going to go ahead and wrap up the Q&A." That's it folks, we'll have some hands-on impressions for you shortly!
 10 years ago '04        #103
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
Too Human sounds DOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE...damn I want that game
 10 years ago '04        #104
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
 DA DOPEMAN said:
- Interstellar Marines

^what the hell is that?, mad generic sounding name and sh*t
at the end of the trailer... was that a damn shark dog or something??

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '05        #105
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,271 | Props total: 2463 2463
 <<InphDigi>> said:
at the end of the trailer... was that a damn shark dog or something??
yes it was.
 02-19-2008, 10:31 PM         #106
Kevin Arnold 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nobody said:

[pic - click to view]

Smh, thats just sad. RRod at the GDC already.
damn the 360 is trash
 02-19-2008, 11:12 PM         #107
Upstate 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
looks so s3xy
 10 years ago '04        #108
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
 Kevin Arnold said:
damn the 360 is trash
i hope that's photoshopped or microsoft lost
 10 years ago '04        #109
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts OP
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
 Da Ill One said:
Too Human sounds DOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE...damn I want that game

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #110
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Kap(Da)King; 02-20-2008 at 12:12 AM..
 02-20-2008, 06:31 AM         #111
7thWonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
GDC08: Hands-on with Too Human

As I violently disassembled insectile robots into their constituent sparks and parts, someone asked me which game Too Human reminded me of. Without pause, I pointed towards Devil May Cry, Capcom's over-the-top display of acrobatic swordsmanship and stylish oneupmanship. It made perfect sense -- the dual pistols, the melee mashing, the juggling of enemies and the utter disregard for the forces of gravity made it a close match, with the exception of whimpering demons having been replaced by spidery robots.

[pic - click to view]

I don't think the comparison is inaccurate given Too Human's wonderfully chaotic encounters, but I've since come up with one that more closely conveys my somewhat conflicted opinion. Too Human is very much like Mass Effect, and not just in terms of technology, grand science fiction settings and heroic bald men, but in how it presents a role-playing game within the shell of an action game.

Gallery: Too Human (GDC 2008)

[pic - click to view]

Inside this shell you'll find more than enough statistics, classes and inventory items to justify the "RPG" side of developer Silicon Knight's "Action RPG" label. Baldur (who's the, ur, bald protagonist) can be outfitted head to toe with various armors, melee weapons and guns, all of which may affect his defensive capabilities, attack power and reach. Various runes and skills will modify attacks or inflict status effects on enemies, and a robust set of development paths are available to each of the game's five classes. Whether you play as a rampaging, dual-wielding Berserker or simply wish to dole out a healing touch as the BioEngineer, customization seems satisfyingly deep and immediately apparent in gameplay.

Coupled with Too Human's extensive and elegantly produced cutscenes (one exception: the obligatory and criminally unskippable "you have died" sequence), I suspect the game's main strength will lie in its RPG foundations. Still, like Mass Effect, it's encased in a genre that would have you value quick reflexes and a spirited offense in order to succeed. That certainly is the case with Too Human, but it diverges from Mass Effect in a several ways.

Despite the fact that your actions were deeply tied to all manner of statistics, equipment and abilities, Mass Effect's presentation and controls were implemented in such a way so as to make you feel like you were playing an action title. Pull the trigger, and the consequences come screaming out of the barrel of your gun. In Too Human, you're pulling the trigger of what feels like a leaky water pistol. There's an inescapable feeling of disconnection between your input and Baldur's spectacular actions, a problem that's rooted in the game's controls.

Baldur's melee attacks are directed by the right analog stick (the camera tries very hard to keep things in view without your help), with ranged weapons requiring the addition of the R-trigger. A double-tap of the stick to launch enemies into the air is a minor source of complexity in a system which rewards consistent pointing with a flurry of spectacular attacks. It should be satisfying -- I just chopped that cybernetic creature in half! -- but the gap between physical input and in-game results simply feels too large. Is Too Human really the name of the game where I'm gently guiding a robot running on autopilot?

It seems like a contradictory complaint, I know. Isn't this how many RPGs work? Aren't you supposed to customize characters to your heart's delight and then set them loose on the world with only indirect action as their guide? And yet, when a game is presented as an action title, when it hopes to evoke the excitement and emotion of that genre, shouldn't I feel more involved with my character? Do take note: I'm asking these questions not because I found my experience with the game unpleasant (far from it!), but because I'm trying to understand why I suddenly want an RPG to be an action game.

While viewing the row of demo kiosks at the event, I noticed that many players weren't even bothering to spend the skill points obtained from defeated enemies (a notice remains on the screen for as long as you have unspent points). I suspect this is also related to the game's pace and presentation -- it seems so much like an action game, the thought of leveling up and adding new abilities in the middle of a battle seems somewhat odd. The same could be said about a victory which hinges on pointing as opposed to button presses or timing. It's an awfully inactive way to be active, don't you think?

I now wonder if my initial mention of Devil May Cry was less of a comparison and more of a desire. For all its visually frantic battles, Too Human's edge feels dulled by player passiveness and a lack of immediacy. The game's depth is fully appreciated, make no mistake, but it seems largely confined to status menus and equipment screens. Perhaps more time is needed to truly grasp the game's essence, but for now, my concerns lie less with the gameplay itself than with how the game is played.

Last edited by 7thWonder; 02-20-2008 at 06:34 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #112
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
Can't wait for the keynote to start... it better be interesting man..

I need to feel like this when it's done:

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '06        #113
kpdawg2006 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,821 | Props total: 186 186
^^^ LMFAO, isnt this a top 10 one hit wonder? props tho
edit: You must spread rep....... but good laughs

Last edited by kpdawg2006; 02-20-2008 at 08:42 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #114
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 10 10
 P-Hill said:
I already got all taht sh*t since i'm takin a class on database management & visual basic .net.... all i need is that XNA joint :)
I loved my vb classes...I remember middle eastern dudes in my classes making side scrolling aircraft f!ghter games, and I'm doing the minimal because I was downloading from audio galaxy
 10 years ago '07        #115
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
 Kap(Da)King said:
Free Software for Students

As the headline says, if you are a student and want to get in on the action check out the . This program gives you free access to some a suite of development tools that is worth over $2000

The full list of free software:

* Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition
* Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition
* XNA Game Studio 2.0
* 12-month free membership in the XNA Creators Club
* Expression Studio, which includes Expression Web, Expression Blend, Expression Design and Expression Media
* SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
* Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition
* Sql Server Developer Edition
* Virtual PC 2007
* Visual Basic 2005
* Visual C++ 2005
* Visual C# 2005
* Visual J# 2005
* Visual Web Developer 2005
holy shyt man:applause::applause::applause:
 10 years ago '05        #116
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
Gran Turismo 5 Wheel Unveiled

Today at the Game Developers Conference 2008, Logitech revealed the official Wheel of Gran Turismo, for Sony’s PlayStation 3.

The wheel, named Logitech Driving Force GT, has been crafted for use in Polyphony Digital’s upcoming Gran Turismo 5, and will be available in Europe on March 28th, and April 17th in North America.

Suggested retail price is US $149.99.

"We’re excited to be working with Polyphony Digital again to deliver a wheel that will satisfy the needs of car enthusiasts, like me, around the world,” said Ruben Mookerjee, Logitech’s director of product marketing for gaming.

“People who love the striking realism of the Gran Turismo racing series will discover that Logitech’s latest wheel will allow them to experience the cars the way they were meant to be driven. With the Logitech Driving Force GT, you’re not playing games anymore - you’re racing!”

10 years ago '04        #117
space
space
they should package the game with it
 10 years ago '05        #118
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
GDC08: hands-on with Too Human

, on the surface, has a lot of things going for it. The game enjoys a very creative setting -- a vision of the cybernetic future colliding with ancient Norse mythology -- featuring grand environments and impressive set pieces along with a cohesive and unique style. But then, everyone already knew that. Many previews have put forth Silicon Knights' vision this year, and Silicon Knights done as much themselves in their own developer video diaries and blogs. Too Human's this year marks the most public appearance the game has had since its infamous showing at E3 2006. It is with this in mind that the journalists gathered to see the game last night were concerned with only one thing: gameplay.

[CODE]
Gallery:
[/CODE]

While Too Human will undoubtedly be labeled an action-RPG, the most telling and descriptive category is dungeon crawler. For all intents and purposes, Too Human is Diablo or Phantasy Star Online or Baldur's Gate or whatever other life-stealer happens to hit home for you. While it may be wrapped in some particularly creative and intriguing trappings, the ultimate purpose of the game is to pick a class -- ranging from the tank-like Defender to the kamikaze Berserker -- slay monsters, gather phat lootz and obtain a higher character level (preferably earned with friends over Xbox Live). In this regard, Too Human gets a lot of things right.

For example, the game has a very handy way of dealing with one of the genre's most common annoyances, inventory management. Rather than forcing players to play "inventory ," the game automatically manages player inventories by ditching the weakest items once full capacity is reached. Not only that, but players aren't forced to strafe dead bodies while hammering the X button in order to pick up all the items and treasure left in their wake. Instead, items are simply picked up as players pass by. These two features alone should be enough to make genre fans take notice.

It's a good thing too, as there are many, many different types of weapons and armor in the game, all of which are visibly reflected on characters when equipped, bestowing upon them various boons and bonuses. There are, of course, rare and epic sets of equipment that grant bonuses when a full set is equipped as well. The game also features a crafting system in which players can construct items once the right runes are collected and certain conditions are met.

All the staples are there, which leads to Too Human's sticking point, combat. After all, without engaging combat there is no monster slaying, no loot collecting, and no skill building. All attacks in Too Human are controlled with the right analog stick. To unleash melee attacks, one simply holds the stick in the direction of the desired enemy. At its most basic, that's it. As the player moves the stick from enemy to enemy, Baldur (the game's main character) unleashes a connected string of strikes. Double flicking the stick in one direction will cause Baldur to launch an enemy into the air, which opens said enemy to be juggled for a few extra hits. Shooting works the same way, only with the player holding down the left or right trigger while manipulating the right stick.

If pointing to enemies and watching them die seems a bit imprecise, it's because it is. I often found myself lunging for a distant enemy rather than juggling the enemy I had just launched into the air, for example. The controls often feel somewhat disconnected with the on-screen action too, as there is really no solid and tactile response -- like button presses -- to a.ssociate with it. It's not bad -- in fact it works fairly well for what it is -- but it's not perfect either. It was certainly the only thing that I took exception to during my time with Too Human.

The rest of the game is perfectly shiny and certainly intriguing, though, which is perhaps why the imperfect combat stands out as much as it does. Considering how well polished the other facets of the game are, the question becomes whether gamers come to embrace the combat system or simply endure it for the sake of the story. I was only able to spend a short amount time using a low level character with the most basic abilities, though. It's certainly possible that combat becomes more engaging as skills are learned and levels are gained -- something Silicon Knights reps a.ssured us all was the case.

As it stands, I'd wager most gamers will at least make it through Too Human's campaign, even if driven solely by the story and the need for more stuff. Whether or not players opt for successive run-throughs in pursuit of enviable armor and a level 50 character remains to be seen. For what it's worth, I find myself wishing I had more time with the game, which definitely counts for something.

For another perspective on Too Human, check out Joystiq's hands-on .

02-20-2008, 10:17 AM         #119
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kap(Da)King said:
they should package the game with it
nah, alot of people don't even want to use that sh*t
 10 years ago '05        #120
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
Early Hints about a Live Anywhere Announcement?

The general manager of Microsoft’s casual-games program, Chris Early has revealed a hint to what could be the announcement of Live Anywhere details. Early talked of how excited he was about the prospect of combining casual and hardcore gameplay in "asynchronous play... especially when they're separated in time." He continued: "I'd love to stand in line at the bank and play that BioShock flow game. Then come home and say, 'Ha! Take that!' I'd love to take that good casual game I played home and have that be successful there as well."

Live Anywhere was first revealed at E3 in 2006 where Microsoft showed a demo of XBOX Live functionality between PC, XBOX 360 and mobile devices. Since then, very little has been said on the matter. Early also said: "If you like that sort of thing, I would strongly recommend you go to Microsoft's keynote opening GDC, where you'll see a little bit of this announced for the first time." He concluded: "I think I've kept it vague enough not to get into trouble."

Stay tuned to Console Monster for more information regarding Early’s announcement.

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
171 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
264 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
91 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
170 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy