most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
104 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #1
15321 pageviews
29 comments

Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$4,831 | Props total: 1169 1169
Kicker L7 vs JL W7 For SPL

I made a comment at work saying that if your stricly about SPL, JL wont hold up against kicker, and a co-worker that has a JL setup herd me and now has been riding me all day. He keeps claiming his W7 wud easily out-do 2 L7's SPL wise and also claimed he had charts to back it up...

Now to be honest, i am a kicker fan but the real reason i made this thread wasnt to start a kicker vs jl war but rather to see if i indeed was the one that was wrong. I understand kicker wont have a day in hell against JL when it comes to SQ but jl will definatly make ure pockets feel a little light.

Last edited by Hit Em' Up; 02-12-2008 at 04:05 PM..

29 comments for "Kicker L7 vs JL W7 For SPL"

10 years ago '06        #2
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
LMAO that dude is a dumbass. His w7 would out do 2 L7's??!?!?!?!?!!? a w7 wouldn't out do 1 l7 in the right installation. Sounds like he needs kicked in the nuts.

And Kicker subs are designed for SPL, where as JL isn't.
 02-12-2008, 04:09 PM         #3
LikeToStuntAlot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hit Em' Up said:
I made a comment at work saying that if your stricly about SPL, JL wont hold up against kicker, and a co-worker that has a JL setup herd me and now has been riding me all day. He keeps claiming his W7 wud easily out-do 2 L7's SPL wise and also claimed he had charts to back it up...

Now to be honest, i am a kicker fan but the real reason i made this thread wasnt to start a kicker vs jl war but rather to see if i indeed was the one that was wrong. I understand kicker wont have a day in hell against JL when it comes to SQ but jl will definatly make ure pockets feel a little light.
It all depends on the install.

W7's can get real loud, but L7's are strictly for SPL.

Now if both are in the right install for SPL....then yeah W7's wouldnt have a chance.
 10 years ago '07        #4
DaKid730 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,596 | Props total: 677 677
i dont know bout that my man had a W7 and he was eating u L7s
W7>L7
 10 years ago '06        #5
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
 DaKid730 said:
i dont know bout that my man had a W7 and he was eating u L7s
W7>L7
Now see, this is the type of morons who claim JL is the best brand in the world.

If you claim a w7 was "eating" l7's, you must have not heard both in person and you're just making up sh*t, or the l7 wasn't installed correctly.

Neither sub is better, they're both made for different applications. But the w7 is waaayyyy over rated.
 10 years ago '06        #6
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61 OP
space
space
space
$4,831 | Props total: 1169 1169
 -Phase One- said:
Now see, this is the type of morons who claim JL is the best brand in the world.

If you claim a w7 was "eating" l7's, you must have not heard both in person and you're just making up sh*t, or the l7 wasn't installed correctly.

Neither sub is better, they're both made for different applications. But the w7 is waaayyyy over rated.
I definitely think all those bold points apply to my co-worker as well. I'm still curious as to what charts he planned on showing me to prove his point tho. Thanks for re-assurance tho...with all his persistence, he got me completely confused and i didnt even know the answer anymore.
 10 years ago '06        #7
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
Ask to see the charts or whatever. I bet you he's full of sh*t and just wants to brag about his w7. I know plenty of people like that.
 10 years ago '04        #8
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Contrary to popular belief, the W7 is not the "golden gun" of the car audio world. I dont care how good the install is on the single W7, it is not gonna beat two L7's.
 02-13-2008, 07:31 AM         #9
dcole18 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tell your buddy he can stick with his 12 year old sub design and he can think he's louder if he wants :rolleyes:
 02-13-2008, 10:56 AM         #10
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
even thogh i love jl, no single w7 setup will ever beat a dual l7 setup as far as spl goes. even if the w7 was in the nice box you could make that will give the most output, the l7's would have to be in a very sh*tty sealed box, and even then they should still have more output

bottom line, 1 on 1 they can be comparable in output with the right install for the w7 and the wrong install for the l7. but other than those conditions there is really no way the w7 can produce more output than an l7

one
GhosT
 02-13-2008, 02:10 PM         #11
EklipZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BOTH SUCK d*ck FAM
 02-13-2008, 09:18 PM         #12
dcole18 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EklipZ said:
BOTH SUCK d*ck FAM
well what dosent...
SUCK d*ck FAM
???
 10 years ago '06        #13
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space

gotta love eklipz
 02-13-2008, 11:34 PM         #14
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EklipZ said:
BOTH SUCK d*ck FAM
i'd like to hear what you think is good then, l7's are very good subs for spl, not my favorite subs because i'm more into sq setups but like i said i really want to hear what you consider good, you probably have no clue whats good and whats not
one
GhosT
 10 years ago '06        #15
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
He probably think whatever Wal*Mart carries is "good"

but I gotta admit, this guy his hilarious, serious or not.
 02-13-2008, 11:58 PM         #16
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah he thinks sony decks are good, obviously he doesn't know a damn thing about car audio, lol
one
GhosT
 10 years ago '05        #17
king_ac_22 1 heat pts
space
space
$426 | Props total: 0 0
a, i just want to know what do you all think about Alpine Type R vs Kicker L7??????????
 02-14-2008, 12:57 PM         #18
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 king_ac_22 said:
a, i just want to know what do you all think about Alpine Type R vs Kicker L7??????????
the type r's sound better, but l7's are louder. except with an exceptional ported box llike mine, hehe. my 2 type r's can keep up pretty well with most of these l7 setups
one
GhosT
 10 years ago '06        #19
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
 GhosT said:
the type r's sound better, but l7's are louder. except with an exceptional ported box llike mine, hehe. my 2 type r's can keep up pretty well with most of these l7 setups
one
GhosT
Thought you only had 1 type r?
 02-14-2008, 08:23 PM         #20
dcole18 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -Phase One- said:
Thought you only had 1 type r?
two 10"s iirc...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
306 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Bortles on Seahawks: "We beat the crap out of them for 60 minutes"
93 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy