~~LA Lakers @ Miami Heat~~

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
176 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-10-2008, 07:40 PM         #281
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CTre said:
shut up fool and spell his name right
You know D-Whiste garbage though.
 10 years ago '07        #282
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30472 30472
 Andre3000 said:
Shaq had more minutes than people make it seem. And in teh event where he was on the bench teamates stepped up. That team didn't have Wallace or Larry Brown ur memory really doesn't serve u correctly. Show me a series where Bron or Wades teamates played that bad im dying for u to show me some.

So basically your saying that... The team is the problem when the lakers lose. Kobe is the reason the lakers win. Gasol isn't really that good... but Kobe is gonna make him great. When Wade got Shaq, Mourning and Payton... they were on THG and turned back the clock to be great. Wade had nothing to do with the heat winning the 'ship. Wade had a GREAT team (despite being heavy underdogs). Kobe had a suspect team (despite being heavy favorites).

^^^ is that basically what your saying?
 02-10-2008, 07:47 PM         #283
icedout921 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3000 said:
I love how people like to always bring up Hd to Hds with any1 Kobe plays but cant say sh*t when Melo owns Bron head to head and they play the same position or when Deron owns Chris Paul and there both PGs.

THis thread was made because another kobe lover was hyped cause he played better than wade head to head.

if kobe ever got the best of bron head to head theird be 100 threads on boxden.
 10 years ago '07        #284
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13068 13068

enjoy ur one game. u probably shouldn't have even brought it up, it's pretty embarrassing that the worst team in the NBA was in a position to potentially beat u while giving significant minutes to 2 players in their first game with them, especially since the lakers r an "elite" team now.
 02-10-2008, 07:50 PM         #285
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 icedout921 said:

THis thread was made because another kobe lover was hyped cause he played better than wade head to head.

if kobe ever got the best of bron head to head theird be 100 threads on boxden.
Kobe shut Wade down the whole game tho. In the even Bron ever did that Id give that n*gga a medal
 10 years ago '06        #286
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
 str8_akademiks said:
First; it was

MJ vs. Kobe
then
Kobe vs. Penny Hardaway
then
Kobe vs. Grant Hill
then
Kobe vs. T-Mac
then
Kobe vs. Vince Carter
then
Kobe vs. D-Wade
then
Kobe vs. Lebron

What's the common denominator here?

Only a braindead inbred would think Lebron or Wade is better than Kobe.
Ive been saying this for years. Ev ery few years a new player comes in to challenge Kobe and what happens 1-2 years later? Kobe is still thriving and the other player is forgotten. Kobe is doing what MJ did to n*ggas like Clyde, Wilkins, and Reggie Miller
 02-10-2008, 07:55 PM         #287
icedout921 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Ive been saying this for years. Ev ery few years a new player comes in to challenge Kobe and what happens 1-2 years later? Kobe is still thriving and the other player is forgotten. Kobe is doing what MJ did to n*ggas like Clyde, Wilkins, and Reggie Miller
your dumb as fu*k.
 02-10-2008, 07:57 PM         #288
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
So basically your saying that... The team is the problem when the lakers lose. Kobe is the reason the lakers win. Gasol isn't really that good... but Kobe is gonna make him great. When Wade got Shaq, Mourning and Payton... they were on THG and turned back the clock to be great. Wade had nothing to do with the heat winning the 'ship. Wade had a GREAT team (despite being heavy underdogs). Kobe had a suspect team (despite being heavy favorites).

^^^ is that basically what your saying?
No Im not saying that. The Lakers played great as a team those whole playoffs minus that series. I dont know whether it was the fact Kobe was going thru his court case and had other things on his mind or whether the teams age just got to them n*ggas. I do know they didn't show up at all like they did in the other series. And Im def not saying that Shaq, Morning, and Payton turned back the clock they just didn't perform well that series with LA.
 02-10-2008, 07:58 PM         #289
Jayborne23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Penny was injured before Kobe was a star in the league, and it was never Grant V Kobe....ever. I remember Grant V Eddie Jones (that 2OT game back back in the day when Grant wet that three in Jones' face), but Kobe V Grant?

I just hope y'all don't actually talk like this in real life. It's like little girls arguing over their favorite stars, facts are optional.
 10 years ago '04        #290
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
 Jayborne23 said:
I just hope y'all don't actually talk like this in real life. It's like little girls arguing over their favorite stars, facts are optional.
its the same people saying the same things

repetitive a.ss sh*t:thumbsdow
 10 years ago '06        #291
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
Its been:

Kobe vs Allen Iverson

Kobe vs Vince Carter

Kobe vs Ray Allen

Kobe vs T Mac

Kobe vs Michael Redd

Kobe vs Wade

Kobe vs Gilbert Arenas

Kobe vs Lebron
 10 years ago '07        #292
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Andre3000 said:
No Im not saying that. The Lakers played great as a team those whole playoffs minus that series. I dont know whether it was the fact Kobe was going thru his court case and had other things on his mind or whether the teams age just got to them n*ggas. I do know they didn't show up at all like they did in the other series. And Im def not saying that Shaq, Morning, and Payton turned back the clock they just didn't perform well that series with LA.

Well you must be saying something similar...

Cuz you are giving the impression that the Pistons didn't BEAT the lakers but rather the lakers lost and the pistons just happened to be around at the time.

You giving the impression that Wade didn't LEAD the heat to victory over the Mavericks in the Finals either.

Last edited by stogz; 02-10-2008 at 08:08 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #293
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 stogz said:

Cuz you bare giving the impression that the Pistons didn't BEAT the lakers but rather the lakers lost and the pistons just happened to be around at the time.

You giving the impression that Wade didn't LEAD the heat to victory over the Mavericks in the Finals either.
and thats the truth:applause:
 02-10-2008, 08:06 PM         #294
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Big Bad Boss said:
coincidentally, only one of them outside of kobe has won a ring:applause:
It aint AI.
 02-10-2008, 08:07 PM         #295
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:

Cuz you bare giving the impression that the Pistons didn't BEAT the lakers but rather the lakers lost and the pistons just happened to be around at the time.

Na the Pistons were good they won there are no woulda shoulda or couldas ina series like that. They just didn't show up and got embarrased.
 10 years ago '07        #296
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Andre3000 said:
Na the Pistons were good they won there are no woulda shoulda or couldas ina series like that. They just didn't show up and got embarrased.

I'm gonna go ahead and give you props... because your jedi mind tricks have suceeded on me.
 10 years ago '06        #297
MasterP 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,543 | Props total: 766 766
Wade played great that series ^, he did get countless number of ghost fouls but we'll say he played great. Just give these guys a couple years tho and we'll see what they do. His shot is weak and if he loses his athleticism he will no be top 10 in the league. Kobe has shown that he has athleticism and a shot so until Wade shows that, Kobe > Wade.
 10 years ago '04        #298
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
 MasterP said:
Wade played great that series ^, he did get countless number of ghost fouls but we'll say he played great. Just give these guys a couple years tho and we'll see what they do. His shot is weak and if he loses his athleticism he will no be top 10 in the league. Kobe has shown that he has athleticism and a shot so until Wade shows that, Kobe > Wade.
You could say that about many top players in the NBA.
 10 years ago '06        #299
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,883 | Props total: 2719 2719
 str8_akademiks said:
Your logic is horrible.
The only season that Caron Butler played with the Lakers, the team went through different coaches and a completely rebuit team. Odom has been playing the same for his whole career, and his fg% is much higher. His points are lower because of reduced fga..

Gooden is always an 11/9 player, Z is a 12-15/8 player, Larry Hughes was first team all-defense before he came to the Cavs.

Even Phil Jackson says that in the last 3 or 4 years the team has been built horribly. For the previous 2 years, Kobe and Odom were the only players on the Lakers with positive efficiency ratings, and the Cavs had Lebron, Ilgauskas, Pavlovic, Marshall, Hughes and Varejao with all positive ratings..
A hall of fame coach can only do so much with players. He can't turn Smush Parker into Jason Kidd, and he can't turn Lamar Odom into Scottie Pippen.

The only reason the Cavs players are thought of as "liabilities" is because Lebron controls the ball on close to 80% of their possessions.
I could pretty much use all of your arguments that you say about Lebron and use for Kobe.

Hughes was never good with the with Cavs he was always missing games and then his game regressed and it was a joke that he was 1st team defense because all he did was gamble on the steal. He is not a good man defender and racking alot of steals doesnt make you a good defender (I hope you knew that). Lamar has regressed when he came to the lakers and then he was always deferring to Kobe. But in the Lakers first year without Shaq they had a winning record under Rudy T but when he left everything went downhill from that but a great player like Kobe shouldnt let that happen but it did. ALso in that same year Caron and Lamar played great when Kobe was hurt and I am pretty sure they had a pretty good record in his absence not to mention Chucky Atkins game stepped up.

Andy V and Sasha only started to step up their game last year and dont try and say Donyell name like he was a factor in Cleveland because that guy is just a spot up shooter and a streaky one at that.

And you say Lebron holds on to the ball alot which is why is teammates are liabilities. What do you think Kobe was doing is whole time their after Shaq left and before this, he defenitely was creating for others.

Your logic is horrible. I also said teammates shouldnt matter in the discussion because they were on sh*tty teams but Lebron made the most of it with what he had. Despite how easy his road to the finals was He still got there which is way more than you can say about Kobe who chocked in the series against the Suns.
 10 years ago '06        #300
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,883 | Props total: 2719 2719
 MasterP said:

Like dude said everyone will be crappy if they just automattically lose their athleticism. But as they get older and that athletic ability goes little by little they become more wiser and depend on fundamentals like Jordan did.

I think Kobe is going through it himself. With all the surgeries he is having and not being able to jump like he use to when he had that afro. But I think he is moving along very nicely but I do not see him being dominant like Jordan was when he was 35.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Late to the Party: Persona 5
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago