The Official Lost Odyssey Thread

most viewed right now
 46
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 42
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
52 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 36
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 33
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
63 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #41
quizzical 
space
avatar space
space
$89 | Props total: 0 0
 jayvivz said:
if you're talking bout the giant robot that Kaim f!ghts by himself in the beginning then what you have to do is alternate attacking the left and right guns cuz if you keep attacking one then you won't do big damage. and anytime you see it says Blade Up do not attack. make sure you choose Defend so when it drops the blade it'll reduce the damage from like 130+ to 40ish. after that just keep up the alternating and you'll be done in no time. also don't forget to heal with some Healing Medicines in your Item inventory. i got fu*ked up the first time, but once i realized that i had to alternate attacking the left and right sides and that the Blade attack was the strongest i whooped that a.ss.

naw not that boss the big colorful eagle looking thing. i cant seem to beat that thing for nothing no matter what i do
 10 years ago '06        #42
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 quizzical said:
naw not that boss the big colorful eagle looking thing. i cant seem to beat that thing for nothing no matter what i do
ohh that thing. make sure you have a Flame Ring on kaim or seth cuz it's a wind time and wind is weak against fiyaaaa...that was random of me. but anyways, keep using Flare with Jansen and always heal. might take a while. if you till can't after that then level up some more. once you're about 14 you should be good.
 10 years ago '04        #43
chubs189 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$3,102 | Props total: 5830 5830
i fu*king love this game finally a good rpg on the 360 that i can say brings me back to the old school days of ff7. great story.great action great graphics.and he game is challenging im about 17 hours in and trust me this game is hard i died alot of times during the first few bosses. and makes you stay on your toes with all the attributes with the rings and sh*t.
 02-16-2008, 09:39 PM         #44
Jann 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayvivz said:
My Impression:

As far as the load times to get from area to area and the load times to get into battle, don't listen. so far all the load screens i've gone through have lasted from 3 seconds-8 seconds (yes i've been counting to make sure), so the reviewers must have really played an earlier build. the load times are a non-issue.

the Skill Linking system works well; almost every time you level up you will learn the skill you have linked right away. and speaking of leveling up, there is no level grinding so far (i'm about 2 hours in, i've gotten into about 6 random battles so far since i just entered my first "dungeon" or "field" so to speak where i'm f!ghting on my own, and i've leveled up 3 times already for each of my 3 characters.)

the Ring a.ssembly system is also easy to use and works well, but you can tell it'll only get more complex as the game goes on. it's a nice touch too cuz if you had a Fire Ring for example, then your weapon will be basically on fire.

my problem is the Aim Ring. it's not as easy as it looks. all i've been getting are Good ratings and a couple Perfects (I NEED 3 IN A ROW FOR THIS DAMN ACHIEVEMENT :finger:). matching up the circles are hard because it's hard to determine where the outer ring is once it gets into the inner ring since they had to make em look all fancy and look like some gears in a machine, so getting a Perfect, for me at least, is a matter of luck . nevertheless it adds a nice lil interactive part for the melee characters. it's a nice addition.

the scenery, characters, cutscenes (i fu*king LOVE the comic book like shots), and everything else look beautiful. the details of the environment and characters are really nice. effects in battle are great (especially the Gears-esque "Roadie Run" the characters do when they go in to attack). this is definitely a game you wouldn't wanna play if it's not in Hi-Def. there are a lot of little details in the environment too like the way they hide random loot for you to find (i found a spell for me to use behind some street team looking posters in the city though). English voice-acting is good, which i'm surprised at cuz most RPGs i switch right to the Japanese voice, but i gave this one a chance and it's really good. the story has yet to fully come forth, but it's easy to follow what's going on early in (unlike a certain 12th installment to a certain RPG series that decided to use a certain old form of English to make the game's story certainly hard to follow )

all-in-all, so far, this is the perfect game for classic JRPG/turn-based/Final Fantasy style game enthusiasts out there. no doubt you'll fall for this game after your first few battles. now if ya'll excuse me, i got a thousand years worth of dreams to recover ...

EDIT: oh yea btw, fu*k them A Thousand Years of Dreams sequences where they expect me to read through a 10 page essay about this n*ggaz past. .
great review. I will be checking this out some more later on.
 10 years ago '04        #45
CrAkKedOuT 961 heat pts961
space
space
space
$23,674 | Props total: 15140 15140
I can't get passed those 2 snakes at the Great Staff.......idk maybe my level is too low. I haven't even hit the 20 mark.
 10 years ago '04        #46
CrAkKedOuT 961 heat pts961
space
space
space
$23,674 | Props total: 15140 15140
 VickVega said:
How long did that sh*t take to download Crakked out?
idk think bout 5-6 hours for 29GB
 10 years ago '04        #47
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
avatar space
space
$19,554 | Props total: 5210 5210
damn something tells me that this is a good game. imma have to cop this sh*t too.
 10 years ago '05        #48
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
avatar space
space
$25,379 | Props total: 8057 8057
i tried to cop this at gametsop today they told me they were sold out ima go grab it tomorrow everybody is givin it good reviews so i need this in my 360 collection
 10 years ago '06        #49
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 CrAkKedOuT said:
I can't get passed those 2 snakes at the Great Staff.......idk maybe my level is too low. I haven't even hit the 20 mark.
ugh i hated that sh*t. and trust, you don't have to be lvl 20 at all i'm lvl 20, 10 hours in and just beat the first disc...if you're about lvl 16 you'll be straight. i lost once, but figured i gotta stop it from absorbing the energy from them lil sh*ts so keep k!lling them. once there's only about 1 or 2 of the little things then you can attack the worm(s), but make sure you got Aqua rings equipped, use Aqua bombs and Aqua if Jansen has it. it's a hard f!ght, but after 1 or 2 tries you should win. also MAINTAIN HP!
 10 years ago '04        #50
CrAkKedOuT 961 heat pts961
space
space
space
$23,674 | Props total: 15140 15140
True.....dammit I knew I should have just bought a bunch of sh*t before goin off into the mountains.

looks like ill have to backtrack......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 10 years ago '06        #51
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
lmao good luck cuz that's a hike. and idk if you can even go back that far
 10 years ago '05        #52
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
avatar space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
Wow... got this game today and put 5 hours into it.. god damn sh*t is fun as hell! :applause:
Reminding me of back in the days playing Final Fantasy 7, Earthbound and the Suikoden games
Amazing story, the dreams really add to the atmosphere, great characters, awesome graphically design and good music

This is up there with Mass Effect as my fav singleplayer game on the 360 so far

Yall needa go out and buy this game so we can have more great games from the people behind this game
 10 years ago '05        #53
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72 OP
space
avatar space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Copping this sh*t this Friday.
 02-20-2008, 09:32 AM         #54
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im wating to cop this game mmaaannnnnnnnnn

cause i wanted to get lost and army of two at the same time
 10 years ago '05        #55
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 717 717
the best advice i can give is to examine everything. posters,trashcans,pots,apples,tables the ground almost any piece of the scenery can have an item hidden. the more items you collect the better your chances of making rings and combining rings. I'm at level 23 on the second disk and the only two bosses i had trouble with are the first two. Once you start to learn the game and the binding system with the rings it won't be as difficult (well so far it hasn't been) i've beaten the third and fourth bosses pretty easily.
 10 years ago '05        #56
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72 OP
space
avatar space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Philo's Review.

Just got the game today and im about 3 hours into the game and its great so far. First off the load times are no where near as bad as the reviewers make it sound. The most i've waited is maybe about 15 seconds.IMO this game loads better then Mass Effect except Mass Effect hides it alot better where this game comes out straight forward and tells u its loading. The visuals are very impressive and you will def need to play this in HD if not atleast with component cables as the game has alot of details and tends to hide alot of items in the smallest of objects one on regular SD cables might miss.

The ring system is interesting and adds more depth to the game. I fought the first boss which was weaker to fire so i had my team equipped with fire rings which helped out abit. I also had them skill link with Jansen to learn Black Magic Lvl 1 for Flare which helped out alot. So far only at lvl 15 and theres plenty of skills to use and the clips for the skills look great so far. The Aim Ring is easy to learn but hard to master. I've pretty much gotten two in a row with both Seth and Kaim but got a good after so i missed out on the achievement for now. For the 3 hours i've been playing at first it seems luck based but as you get deeper into the game you get the timing down for the most part. The difficulty isn't really hard at all if your use to these type of games. The first boss was breeze beat him on my first try.

The voice acting is great even though i rather mostly just read the subtitles so the cutscenes move a bit faster. The story in the 3 hours ive played hasn't revealed itself much but you get the idea that theirs some treachery going around the main city. The game feels right at home with the JRPG style. The Thousand Dream sequences are interesting but if you wanna stick to the main storyline most will skip them. So far from the 3 hours ive played the game is very impressive and is worth a shot by any RPG fan or someone looking for a new genre to experiment for.
 10 years ago '05        #57
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72 OP
space
avatar space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Also for the people that need help with the game
 10 years ago '07        #58
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$16,858 | Props total: 2375 2375
I copped this yesterday and I'm about an hour in and I love it so far.
 10 years ago '05        #59
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
avatar space
space
$20,261 | Props total: 2458 2458
im about 30hrs into tha game and on the 3rd disc.
 10 years ago '05        #60
Chuck_Remixed 252 heat pts252
space
avatar space
space
$17,112 | Props total: 3581 3581
 jayvivz said:
My Impression:

As far as the load times to get from area to area and the load times to get into battle, don't listen. so far all the load screens i've gone through have lasted from 3 seconds-8 seconds (yes i've been counting to make sure), so the reviewers must have really played an earlier build. the load times are a non-issue.

the Skill Linking system works well; almost every time you level up you will learn the skill you have linked right away. and speaking of leveling up, there is no level grinding so far (i'm about 2 hours in, i've gotten into about 6 random battles so far since i just entered my first "dungeon" or "field" so to speak where i'm f!ghting on my own, and i've leveled up 3 times already for each of my 3 characters.)

the Ring a.ssembly system is also easy to use and works well, but you can tell it'll only get more complex as the game goes on. it's a nice touch too cuz if you had a Fire Ring for example, then your weapon will be basically on fire.

my problem is the Aim Ring. it's not as easy as it looks. all i've been getting are Good ratings and a couple Perfects (I NEED 3 IN A ROW FOR THIS DAMN ACHIEVEMENT :finger:). matching up the circles are hard because it's hard to determine where the outer ring is once it gets into the inner ring since they had to make em look all fancy and look like some gears in a machine, so getting a Perfect, for me at least, is a matter of luck . nevertheless it adds a nice lil interactive part for the melee characters. it's a nice addition.

the scenery, characters, cutscenes (i fu*king LOVE the comic book like shots), and everything else look beautiful. the details of the environment and characters are really nice. effects in battle are great (especially the Gears-esque "Roadie Run" the characters do when they go in to attack). this is definitely a game you wouldn't wanna play if it's not in Hi-Def. there are a lot of little details in the environment too like the way they hide random loot for you to find (i found a spell for me to use behind some street team looking posters in the city though). English voice-acting is good, which i'm surprised at cuz most RPGs i switch right to the Japanese voice, but i gave this one a chance and it's really good. the story has yet to fully come forth, but it's easy to follow what's going on early in (unlike a certain 12th installment to a certain RPG series that decided to use a certain old form of English to make the game's story certainly hard to follow )

all-in-all, so far, this is the perfect game for classic JRPG/turn-based/Final Fantasy style game enthusiasts out there. no doubt you'll fall for this game after your first few battles. now if ya'll excuse me, i got a thousand years worth of dreams to recover ...

EDIT: oh yea btw, fu*k them A Thousand Years of Dreams sequences where they expect me to read through a 10 page essay about this n*ggaz past. .
I cant read all that sh*t geek, where tha pictures at. Man i gotta get this game now, i was on the fence about this but yall got me convinced to give it a spin.


Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 02-23-2008 at 01:18 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 19
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 5
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy