Xbox will "own" GTA IV launch, says MS (GTA IV Coming To N-Gage Before PS3/360)

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-10-2008, 04:42 PM         #161
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayvivz said:
@ metalzoa...obviously you only been looking at screenshots and watching trailers. you should start reading previews, interviews, etc...we'll call you when Metal Gear Same 4+new camouflage comes out. :rolleyes:
I was / am not interested in plots that I can catch in the newspaper or your average rap lyrics.

I pay for entertainment. And if there's something entertaining about playing through your average rap song that you hear 24/7 please let me know what it is.

Mass Effect is the one game that would make me buy a 360. Uniqueness in plot is just too outstanding. It seems to be well executed. GTA has been done, redone and beaten to death. I played San Andreas and found it hard to stay awake playing it. Very boring. I found Uncharted boring. I didn't even complete the first level of COD4 ... I fell asleep twice before I entered the lower section of the ship.

Conclusion: I need something very different. Something interesting. A stimulating or good plot. It helps too if a lot of different mechanics of creativity are added into it.

What is GTA4? Run around a city, shoot people? Can you approach it tactically? Can I duck and roll under a car and shoot from there? Can I take cover behind a dumpster and pick off suckers?

A simplistic concept (be a gangster) graphically updated does not automatically make it a great game. The fact that there are 300 internet thugs running around with me does not make it any more exciting. At least to me.

MGS4 has a mind blowing plot ... insane in-game mechanics, sufficient applications for non-aggression routes to achieving means ... sufficient guns for the aggro minded ... provided.

I'm not saying GTA4 will not be entertaining. It just won't be entertaining for me. I didn't buy any GTAs and I never missed it. I've played too much MMOs and shooters to not care about an "average" plot. If I'm playing a single player game, the plot better be damn amazing and the game better have insane freedom for me to enjoy.

I guess thats one of the reasons I really enjoyed a.ssassin's Creed. It was terribly different and the free-roaming was pretty sweet. The climbing was bananas.

GTA4 might do it for you .... but it won't for me.

Sorry.
 02-10-2008, 05:00 PM         #162
Jann 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread makes me feel warm inside. :)
 10 years ago '06        #163
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 Metalzoa said:
I was / am not interested in plots that I can catch in the newspaper or your average rap lyrics.

I pay for entertainment. And if there's something entertaining about playing through your average rap song that you hear 24/7 please let me know what it is.

Mass Effect is the one game that would make me buy a 360. Uniqueness in plot is just too outstanding. It seems to be well executed. GTA has been done, redone and beaten to death. I played San Andreas and found it hard to stay awake playing it. Very boring. I found Uncharted boring. I didn't even complete the first level of COD4 ... I fell asleep twice before I entered the lower section of the ship.

Conclusion: I need something very different. Something interesting. A stimulating or good plot. It helps too if a lot of different mechanics of creativity are added into it.

What is GTA4? Run around a city, shoot people? Can you approach it tactically? Can I duck and roll under a car and shoot from there? Can I take cover behind a dumpster and pick off suckers?

A simplistic concept (be a gangster) graphically updated does not automatically make it a great game. The fact that there are 300 internet thugs running around with me does not make it any more exciting. At least to me.

MGS4 has a mind blowing plot ... insane in-game mechanics, sufficient applications for non-aggression routes to achieving means ... sufficient guns for the aggro minded ... provided.

I'm not saying GTA4 will not be entertaining. It just won't be entertaining for me. I didn't buy any GTAs and I never missed it. I've played too much MMOs and shooters to not care about an "average" plot. If I'm playing a single player game, the plot better be damn amazing and the game better have insane freedom for me to enjoy.

I guess thats one of the reasons I really enjoyed a.ssassin's Creed. It was terribly different and the free-roaming was pretty sweet. The climbing was bananas.

Sorry.

1.) i don't listen to Eastern Europe rap so i can't relate to that first bold statement. maybe you've listened to it and they rap about coming to America
and getting into conflicts with their cousin which will evolve into an ever bigger plot that has yet to even be disclosed. but as far as that's concerned, this is not hip-hop related...aside from a few negros in the game.

2.) you REALLY need to start reading up on GTA4 if you're still under the impression that the game is exactly the same as the last. covering is in the game and gameplay in general will be more complex.

3.) nobody here can tell you the exact plot of GTA4 thus far. all that's known is that Niko comes to America to live with his cousin after he's tricked into thinking he's gonna live the lavish life like his cousin Roman pretended that he's living. then Roman gets Niko to help him with his debt. anything after that is barely known, but everyone knows that it's gonna turn into crazy event after crazy event. and insane freedom? ok, tell the truth now; you've never really played any GTA game have you?

4.) so you liked a repetitive game where you do the same missions over and over and over becuz of the climbing and freedom, but you don't like a game with 10000 different missions spanning over a 30+ hour game with the most freedom in any game series?

i understand GTA isn't your cup of tea and you'd rather play something like a.ssassin's Creed, but damn, at least get the facts straight before you start bashing a game.
 02-10-2008, 05:30 PM         #164
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
GTA is organized crime ... always. Deal with this mafia. Muscle this bi*ch. Run from these people. Ice this dude.

fu*k prostitutes and shoot random passer-bys in the time being.

Sounds too much like a bad rap song.

Whether the dude is from Eastern Europe or not ... it takes place in America as usual. I may be severely under-estimating the game ... but like I said. The GTA series have never been my cup of tea. Single player games generally aren't. The three outstanding differences as of late are:

Metal Gear (since first MGS for PS)
The Club (that demo was straight crack, will be copping in the near future)
Assassin's Creed (although I spent a lot of time sleeping on the controller, it kept me awake longer than most games).
 10 years ago '06        #165
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
so you don't like video games or what?
 10 years ago '06        #166
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
GTA is organized crime ... always. Deal with this mafia. Muscle this bi*ch. Run from these people. Ice this dude.

fu*k prostitutes and shoot random passer-bys in the time being.

Sounds too much like a bad rap song.

Whether the dude is from Eastern Europe or not ... it takes place in America as usual. I may be severely under-estimating the game ... but like I said. The GTA series have never been my cup of tea. Single player games generally aren't. The three outstanding differences as of late are:

Metal Gear (since first MGS for PS)
The Club (that demo was straight crack, will be copping in the near future)
Assassin's Creed (although I spent a lot of time sleeping on the controller, it kept me awake longer than most games).
wtf is MGS? you're some spy running around hiding the whole game. amazing.
 10 years ago '06        #167
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
i dont think anybody will "own" it
 10 years ago '06        #168
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
oh yea i remember when i had that pic in my avy. n*gga steve sent me like 100 PMs asking about her cuz he ain't wanna believe i knew her. then i took the pic down and he sent me hate cuz of it and asked me to put it back up. you're quite the loser to bring up stuff from early '07 . what's REALLY corny is when someone still keeps the same thread in his sig tryna exploit some guy "for all of internet land to see"

and btw, i wasn't talking about you. dude i was responding to mentioned he's not in the same boat as you so you might wanna take that up with him seeing as how i don't know anything about you, but he wanted to make 2 boats and i told him to get back in the boat he put you in since the other one is with kap and p and he's not worthy of being in that boat. matta fact, i don't know who you are. all i remember is them PMs and hate messages you kept sending me trying to figure out who that girl is. but i'm glad you quit stalking me . now take your foot out your mouth, wipe that egg off your face and run along with ya tail tucked. your job is done here nongamer.
 02-10-2008, 07:14 PM         #169
tru_overdose 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol retards still saying sonned. damn...sad sh*t right there.

but yes, im still sticking to my word. ill post up a screen shot of me and the game at least 7 days before you get the game.

this sh*t is gonna be DOPE! i can see half y'all avoiding the thread for LIFE. especially that semi dude, whatever the fu*k that is. dude should lose his title when i "son" him and beat the game before he gets it!

360 fans = already owned.
 10 years ago '04        #170
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
 tru_overdose said:

but yes, im still sticking to my word. ill post up a screen shot of me and the game at least 7 days before you get the game.

this sh*t is gonna be DOPE! i can see half y'all avoiding the thread for LIFE. especially that semi dude, whatever the fu*k that is. dude should lose his title when i "son" him and beat the game before he gets it!

want to put a boxden ban on the line? if u so confident u have nothing to worry about
 10 years ago '06        #171
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
 tru_overdose said:

yo son, what has the 360 done to you that has you so angry towards it son? did it torment you as a child? were you abrasively molested by it as a child? or was it not even the 360? was it ya parents that didn't buy you the video games you wanted? were you abused as a child? scared to smile? they called you ugly? well Boxden's harsh. hug me, don't reject me. or make threads to disrespect me. blatant or indirectly.
 10 years ago '05        #172
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
$37,098 | Props total: 10797 10797
 tru_overdose said:

There's a difference between YOU getting a game early and a game officially dropping on the same day at retail stores.
 10 years ago '06        #173
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
i'm copping an N-Gage right now. brb.
 10 years ago '04        #174
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 tru_overdose said:

Yo I'll make a bet with you...if GTA IV drops on the PS3 BEFORE it does on the 360...and by more then a day... (not talking about YOU getting it early, i'm talking bout in retail stores...) I will leave boxden forever...And i'm putting this out here for ALL of BXGS to see... but if it drops same day on both systems...then you gotta leave BX forever....

deal or no deal?
 10 years ago '06        #175
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
^i'm down.
 10 years ago '05        #176
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
I volunteer BXGS as a collective to commit mass suicide if PS3 and 360 versions don't both drop on the same day. AGREED EVERYBODY?
 10 years ago '06        #177
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
^i'm cooking the special juice as we speak.
 10 years ago '06        #178
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,926 | Props total: 7615 7615
 STL-FYNEST314 said:
whats your definition of a game head? for me to consider myself a game head is an insult to n*ggas who really do this sh*t. yeah i have both systems but thats because ps3 got bluray, god of war, and ratchet and clank. and the 360 got gears of war, halo 3, and the best online play ever. i use my ps3 for movies and 360 for games.

but on this gta sh*t, the game is fun, but i never beat the sh*t. til this day, i dont know how gta 3 or vice city ends. the reason i know how san andreas end cuz i saw my homeboy beat it.

i really dont know if im getting the game but if i do, why not get it on the ps3? i mean, my ps3 is hooked up to hdtv, why not? i dont have any component cables for my 360 yet. i wouldnt wanna disrespect rockstar by playing their creation on a sh*tty 27 inch tube tv lol.

but im just talking to cringe a few cheeks and give an unbiased opinion. i really dont know what system im getting it on. it really depends if my friends, who have a 360, get it.

and please dont call me a sony fanboy. it sickens me for yall to put me in the same boat with n*ggas like steve nice and da dopeman. that alone makes me wanna smash my ps3. put me in the boat with jann and kap and p-hill. them n*ggas be going innnnnnnnn. lol
Why are you in the BX Gamespot.........in a GTA4 thread and you dont like GTA and claim not to be a game head? Get the fu*k out of here.

GTA4 is multiplayer and yall are gonna get it on the ps3? Negro Please....
 10 years ago '06        #179
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,926 | Props total: 7615 7615
 Metalzoa said:

Sorry.

I didn't buy any GTAs and I never missed it.
So why are you in this thread? Obviously you know nothing about this game let alone which version will "own" the other.

Just for fun...

Dont get me wrong, Ima buy, play, and beat Metal Gear but it won't be for a mind blowing plot, new game mechanics, the guns, or the sufficient applications for non-aggression routes to achieving means. No. Ima play it because I played the rest and I want to see what happens next. Its plenty of games that have managed to out Metal Gear, Metal Gear. Splinter Cell plays way better than MGS3, and Metal Gears story line has gotten pretty damn ridiculous in my opinion.

But to each his own.

I don't take games or their stories too serious after all they are just games, which is probably why I like the GTA games, they don't take themselves that serious.

I don't know we'll have to wait to find out. I know you can take cover behind a dumpster and pick suckers off because you could do it in the other games.

Maybe you're just not good at GTA?
 10 years ago '06        #180
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
metalzoa only came to bash the 360 for being, well, the 360. PS3 n*ggaz see "Xbox will _____" and they gotta rush in to object and protest.

P.S.: fu*ka MGS4. sh*t got wack after 2.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
80 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
112 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
68 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
119 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy