most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #161
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
$17,333 | Props total: 11376 11376
Cool story about the Pouncey Twins:

10 years ago '05        #162
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,396 | Props total: 1 1
Lmao....bluntz Stays In Here Talkin To His Self
 10 years ago '05        #163
randumb0 
space
space
$789 | Props total: 1 1
I'm still rooting for Newton but he needs to work on his accuracy
 10 years ago '05        #164
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,396 | Props total: 1 1
uf offense looks strong as hell...but i dont know about that defense....granted they arent really blitzing...the look a little soft
 10 years ago '04        #165
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
Lo Edwards needs to play a lot this year, he's sick. Dunlap is going to be fu*king amazing, his size and speed is unreal. Rainey looked really good out there and Moody did a very good job also other than the fumble he looked great. Newton definitely needs to work on his accuracy but I'm not too worried about it. Between him and Brantley somebody will be a very capable backup this year. Can't wait for the year to begin.
 10 years ago '05        #166
randumb0 
space
space
Brantley needs to get more reps. I did like the play from the secondary today except for the blown play that gave Rainey the long touchdown.
 10 years ago '04        #167
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
Man Dunlap is going to wreck sh*t for us, I'm very excited about his future, he's going to k!ll sh*t.
 10 years ago '04        #168
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
I liked seeing Tebow under center on that one running play, nice to see them work that sh*t in a little.
 10 years ago '04        #169
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
as usual, the offense looked nice

better hope the defense mans up or else yall will be in alot of shootouts
 10 years ago '04        #170
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
I think with our offense our defense just has to be good, not mediocre like last year. I'm quite confident they will be at least good, they can't be any worse than last year that's for damn sure.
 04-13-2008, 12:55 AM         #171
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i can't wait for college football but I'm not looking forward to our game
 10 years ago '05        #172
randumb0 
space
space
Newton's accuracy worries me
 10 years ago '04        #173
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 randumb0 said:
Newton's accuracy worries me
Yeah he was not good in the Spring game. I still think he can be really good but he needs to put some serious touch on his passes, sh*ts are like bullets every time. He has a beautiful deep ball though that wasn't able to be seen because Dunlap was fu*king him up.
 10 years ago '04        #174
1000bluntz  OP
space
space

Gators recruit Will Hill dodges gunfire to get to Gainesville

Dave Curtis | Sentinel Staff Writer
April 16, 2008

Will Hill has spent all of his 18 years living off Oraton Parkway in East Orange, N.J. He talks about an area of gun shots and drug deals, and he sums up an audio tour of his neighborhood with a succinct description.

"One word to explain it," he said over the telephone. "Hell." Then he paused.

"There are bad things around every corner here."

So he made leaving the neighborhood his childhood mission, realizing in grade school that athletics could serve as his ticket out. His desire grew more urgent in September 2006 when 15-year-old Brielle Simpkins, whom Hill called a cousin, was shot multiple times and k!lled as part of a triple homicide down the road in Newark.

Come this summer, Hill will move to Gainesville with the potential for becoming the next great Florida Gators safety. Internet recruiting services rank him among the nation's top 10 incoming freshman football players, and UF's coaches anticipate he will contend for playing time right away at free safety and on special teams.

For Hill, the new environment alone might elevate his play and his life.

"He's dodged bullets, literally and figuratively," said Rich Hansen, Hill's coach at St. Peter's Prep in Jersey City. "This could be the best thing for him. He just needs to get away from where he grew up and be on his own."

Don't be mistaken -- Hill said he likes his northern New Jersey roots and will miss some of the friends he will leave behind in 10 weeks.

He owes much of his football success to two buildings -- one brick and part of a 136-year-old high school; the other brand spanking new and home to one of the state's top athletic training facilities.

Hill began his a.ssociation with Hansen and St. Peter's as an eighth grader, when he served as team manager for the Marauders football team.

He matriculated the next year as one of 920 students in the all-boys school, 135 of whom play in Hansen's football program.

The set-up was an adjustment for Hill, who traveled 45 minutes each way on a maze of trains to reach campus. He abided by the school dress code -- shirts and ties, sport jackets, slacks and shoes (no sneakers).

He spent six hours a day without females his age. And that wasn't the only difference in demographics.

"After he was here a while," Hansen said, "he told me that this was the first place where he ever had to interact with white people."

But Hill fit in fine, nowhere more than on the football field and the weight room. He created highlight after highlight at Fr. Keenan Field, an Astroturf surface with no lights situated about a half mile from the Manhattan ferry landing.

By last spring, coaches from all over flooded the small Catholic schools -- notes from Randy Shannon, Charlie Weis and Urban Meyer dot Hansen's office door.

Warm weather, and the chance to get away, led Hill's list of college requirements. Four finalists emerged, with Southern California being the first to fall ("too far away," Hill said). FSU's recent struggles and apparent disorganization disqualified them, leaving Meyer and Shannon to vie for Hill's services.

"Florida runs an offense and a defense a lot like we did in high school," Hill said as he explained his college decision. "And Coach Meyer is great. He really doesn't BS with you. He gives it to you straight."

Since his commitment in September and the end of his high school career (a state finals loss to Don Bosco, alma mater of Gator sophomore Justin Trattou), Hill has shifted his focus to Sports University in Fairfield, N.J.

He has made the gym his second home, spending at least six days per week there lifting weights, working on speed training and participating in football-specific drills.

As a bonus, Hill has bonded with Sam Garnes, a former NFL safety who played with the Giants and Jets over a seven-year career. Garnes has tutored Hill in their position, trainer Don Sellari said, and has helped improved his already impressive work habits.

"He does everything with a fierceness to him," Sellari said. "It's crazy. He attacks benching. He attacks squatting. Mentally, he is in the upper echelon."

In a recent workout, Sellari said Hill also attacked Taj Smith, a former Syracuse receiver preparing for the NFL Draft.

Despite a six-year age advantage for Smith, the two battled to a draw, with Hill holding his own against the sort of player he might face next year.

But those future confrontations will take place in a different place -- warmer, brighter, and far away from the bad things Will Hill says he still sees around every corner.

"I can't wait to get down there," he said. "I hope it's the beginning of great things."

I can't wait for this n*gga to get here man, he's going to wreck sh*t. Eraser II. Dude could easily be a star at WR too. Wherever the fu*k he play he gon ball the fu*k out on n*ggas though for real.
 10 years ago '04        #175
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
will hill is gonna be good, i cant even front
 10 years ago '04        #176
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 madness said:
will hill is gonna be good, i cant even front
He's going to be a fu*king freak safety, he's huge and will obviously only get bigger and stronger and faster. If he hits somebody coming over the middle going full speed he could possibly launch the poor kid into orbit. Him and Major Wright are going to be off the chain for years. Plus Finley a beast too. Our safety depth is like USC with RBs.
 10 years ago '04        #177
1000bluntz  OP
space
space

Florida's Carlos Dunlap among spring's breakout defenders

Posted: April 16, 2008

The move was, in a word, wicked.

"I've never seen anything like that," says Florida linebacker Brandon Spikes.

With that, we introduce Florida tailback Chris Rainey, the star of the spring football world after one ankle-twisting, mind-bending move in a meaningless spring game.

As impressive as Rainey's performance was (140-plus all-purpose yards, 2 TDs), he didn't make the biggest impact this spring in Gainesville. Sophomore DE Carlos Dunlap did -- proving, yet again, that defense is what it's all about.

Or, as USC coach Pete Carroll once told me: "Offense gets you excited. Defense helps you sleep at night."

A year ago, the two teams that played for it all finished No. 1 (Ohio State) and No. 3 (LSU) in total defense. Of the top 10 teams in total defense last year, six won at least 11 games. As much as the Chris Raineys of the world get us pumped, defense really is where it's at.

Here are the top five breakout players on defense this spring.

DE Carlos Dunlap, So., Florida: He wasn't nearly mentally ready as a freshman, and it showed during a spotty season. He's 6-6, 290, with a large wingspan. And he runs a 4.7 40. His four sacks in the spring game don't begin to show how he dominated the team's offensive tackles this spring -- and Florida's two-deep talent at tackle is outstanding.

CB Dere Hicks, Jr., Illinois: This time last spring, Hicks had moved to wide receiver. By the end of last season, he was starting at cornerback. This spring, he has developed a better break on the ball and more confidence within the scheme. At times, he has played better than All-American candidate Vontae Davis.

DE Jason Worilds, So., Virginia Tech: Think of former Tech star Corey Moore. Now imagine a faster, bigger player. Granted, that's a huge comparison, but consider this: Worilds has been clocked at sub-4.5 in the 40, and his 6-2, 255 frame is three inches taller and 30 pounds heavier than Moore's.

DE Da'Quan Bowers, Fr., Clemson: An early enrollee, Bowers was the consensus No. 1 defensive recruit in February and had been compared to Dunlap during the recruiting process. He had seven tackles and two sacks in the spring game, and he generally still hasn't absorbed more than 50 percent of the defense. He's working on raw talent -- and already looks to be the most disruptive player on what will be a very good defense this fall.

LB Kelvin Sheppard, So., LSU: After sitting behind All-American Ali Highsmith last season, Sheppard became a force at the weakside spot this spring. The staff was raving about his lateral movement and closing speed. The weakside spot has been the rush linebacker spot in the LSU scheme under coach Les Miles. It won't change this fall with the emergence of Sheppard.
 10 years ago '04        #178
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
good to hear that n*gga rainey makin some noise, he reminds me alot of cj spiller. both are short and compact, both are a threat to score whenever they touch the ball.

Last edited by madness; 04-17-2008 at 12:34 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #179
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 madness said:
good to hear that n*gga rainey makin some noise, he reminds me alot of cj spiller. both are short and compact, both are a threat to score whenever they touch the ball.
Rainey not nearly as strong as Spiller but I bet he just as fast on the field. Rainey probably has more moves too, he's real explosive and his cutbacks are sick as fu*k. He might even have a little better moves than Percy but Percy still on another level, he just special. I wish we would have landed Spilled though, he could have been the perfect solution for our every down back woes the past two years as he'd be perfect in the spread. I think Spiller definitely wishes he was a Gator though but he'll get paid anyways it just sucks he wasn't at Florida.
 10 years ago '05        #180
randumb0 
space
space
Do you think Moody will be the starter by the time fall rolls around?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy