Florida Gators

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
93 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #81
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
$17,330 | Props total: 11370 11370
 ttime236 said:
Move the dude to tight end o d-line
He would have no shot at playing with the depth we have at DE right now. He's going to have to put on the weight and he'll be a real player at OT next season.
 10 years ago '04        #82
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
DAY 2: Offense in-depth practice report

Friday the mouths were running and so was the adrenaline. Saturday the pads go on so the jawing will stop and the popping will commence. There was talk everywhere and the offense showed up for the most part. Still, they showed some early spring blues with some drops and a couple of defeats to some defensive players. Here is how I saw it.

In an effort to try and bring you more in depth coverage, we are going to split the offense and defense when reporting. Cody Jones and I will alternate after a few practices and switch sides of the ball, but we hope to bring you a better feel of what is going on out there.

I have the offense, and unfortunately most of the offense performs on the opposite field and even my binoculars arenít much help with distance and big bodies in the way on the flat fields. Also, the fact that it was the last day in shorts, the running game was useless really to report on.

All of that said, there was some exciting stuff going on with the passing game, including some spectacular plays that we caught on video for you. There was a whole bunch of jawing going on with players anticipating the pads coming on Saturday. Here is what I took from the individual offensive positions on Friday.
Quarterbacks

Order: Tim Tebow (Jr.), Cam Newton (So.), John Brantley (R-Fr.)

What I Liked: In the team drills, Tebow threw two touchdowns in the first two passes. One was a look off deep ball to Louis Murphy. The second was a Percy Harvin crossing pattern that Percy took to the house and made one corner look silly in doing so. Tebow was much more on today than he was on Wednesday.

Brantley seems to really be picking up his receivers nicely and is often able to go through most of his progressions. He threw at least one pick today and I think two, but they are throws of aggression, and I like that from a freshman.

Newton showed off his rifle arm a few times today, connecting deep a couple of times right in time with the receivers.

What I Didnít Like: Newton seems to get stuck throwing a couple of routes on the right side quite often, and now and then will wing one deep with great accuracy. Other than zoning in on them, he is hesitating more than the other quarterbacks, which means his progression reads arenít where they need to be in terms of how quick he can run from receiver to receiver.

All the quarterbacks threw into middle of the field coverage at least once and the linebackers broke up a few of their passes, which speaks well for the linebackers.
Running Backs:

Order: Kestahn Moore Sr.), Brandon James (Jr.), Mon Williams (So.), Emmanuel Moody (So.), Chris Rainey (R-Fr.)

What I Liked and Disliked: Lots of no comment here, because without pads on, there isnít much to take from this practice. RB coach Kenny Carter told Franz Beard as much after practice today. They did run a running drill at practice offense vs. defense, but I took on the passing game instead that was run at the same time because it was more relevant. Saturday, when the pads come on, we will be able to tell more where the running game is.
Wide Receivers:

Starters: Percy Harvin (Jr.), Louis Murphy (Sr.), Deonte Thompson (Fr.), Cornelius Ingram (Sr.)

Mixed Backups: David Nelson (Jr.), Justin Williams (So.), Carl Moore (Jr.), Aaron Hernandez (So.), Paul Wilson (Fr.), Cade Holliday (Jr.)

What I Liked: This group is so talented I think I could coach them to be All-Americans. Percy again made the difficult look easy almost all day today. He faked a couple of the best corners out of their underwear in seven on seven and one on one drills.

Murphy has a.ssumed the leadership role and was getting his troops fired up today jawing at the defenders and then for the most part going out there and beating them.

Thompson is very smooth and runs so fast and effortlessly out there, he should be a star.

Those were the top three performers but the next guy would have to be Justin Williams. He quietly goes about his business, but in the first two days he has really performed well.

Cornelius Ingram looked like the old ďCIĒ today catching a few balls and getting up the field quick for big yardage.

Hernandez, has looked solid both days.

Nelson made two spectacular grabs today and was pretty good as a whole. One was a one handed catch in traffic on a deep ball, then he spun to make a huge play out if it.

I had to mention Holliday, because all he continues to look solid among all the scholarship guys. He isnít the biggest or fastest, but he has a ton of heart and is quick enough to play when called upon.

What I Didnít Like: As talented as this group is, it looks like I coached them with all the drops they had today. Couldnít be footsteps but there were drops from Harvin, Murphy, Thompson, Moore, Nelson, Hernandez, Ingram, and Wilson today. Way too many.

Murphy jawed one time after beating Haden and the next time up Haden put him on his butt at the line of scrimmage. The whole defense got all over Murphy.

There were far fewer times where the quarterbacks and receivers were not on the same page today, so that was an improvement.

Carl Moore wasnít the same target today he was yesterday, but he did make a nice down field catch late in the team drills.

There was no Riley Cooper to be seen on the day. (probably baseball?)
Offensive Line:

Starters: LT Carl Johnson (So.), LG Jim Tartt (Sr.), C Maurkice Pouncey (So.), (RG) Mike Pouncey (So.), RT Jason Watkins (Sr.)
First reserve: RT Marcus Gilbert (So.) (then Watkins moves to LT and replaces Johnson)
Scholarship Backups: C Corey Hobbs (So.), G-T Jim Barrie (So.), Matt Patchan (Fr.)

What I Liked: Watkins is in great shape and showing great versatility starting at RT and then moving to LT when Gilbert comes in for reps on the first line. We canít tell much from the offensive line, but one thing is the snaps have been great from all the centers so far. Carl Johnson and Marcus Gilbert seem to be doing a great job, but again, we will know more when they bull rushed and they can attack back tomorrow. James Wilson did not do anything with the offense when the defense was on the field

What I Didnít Like: The depth is gone for now. With injuries to Phil Trautwein, James Wilson, and Matt Patchan there are four scholarship linemen that are not starting. On top of that Jim Barrie isnít wearing his number 68 and I canít find him on the field, although he was out there according to Coach Hevesy after practice. Matt Patchan is actually about 40 pounds away from playing offensive tackle in my opinion. He makes Tate Casey look fat.

Odds and Ends: Cody is reporting on the defense, but I thought I needed to say something I really noticed in two days. Dustin Doe broke up two passes yesterday in the passing drills. Spikes broke up one that was intercepted and then another that was almost intercepted today. Lorenzo Edwards has broken up passes both days of practice so far. I think the work with Chuck Heater in playing passing zones is paying off and rather early in spring drills.

K Caleb Sturgis (Fr.) made about six kicks in a row inside 48 yards including a 48 yarder. Then he missed his last four attempts at 53 yards. All of them were quite far enough, but missed right or left. He has a bazooka for a leg.

Louis Murphy and Joe Haden were all over each other today at practice and it turned into quite a two man show to watch. They each got the best of each other and you can see some of i on the highlight video.

Offensive Player of the Day: Percy Harvin. Itís a joke trying to guard him with one person.
 10 years ago '04        #83
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
Day 2: In-depth defense practice report

Friday's practice showed a defense anxious to put the pads on and have the chance to hit.

Defensive Line:

(The rotation was difficult to notice today, but hereís my best guess.)
SDE: Justin Trattou, Carlos Dunlap, Jaye Howard, Early Okine
WDE: Jermaine Cunningham, Duke Lemmens, Earl Okine
DT: Troy Epps, Terron Sanders
DT: Lawrence Marsh, John Brown

What I liked: I love the versatility Justin Trattou brings. He was constantly moving inside and outside on the defensive line and looked just about as good as possible without pads. Troy Epps also had a better day today. He wasnít demoted to second team like yesterday, and pushed some of the offensive line back a few times, as opposed to yesterday when he was dominated just about the whole practice. Carlos Dunlap is just a freak of an athlete that will make a big impact this fall. Tebow kept the ball and ran with it on one play, and watching Dunlap chase him and not lose much ground at all just makes you shake your head. Earl Okine picked the perfect number when he chose 91. When he grows a little bit more, heís going to be reminding people of Derrick Harvey. Another thing I liked was Javier Estopinan being in the middle of the defensive line drills. He was always helping the younger guys on the team with any questions they had.

What I didnít like: One negative was the absence of Torrey Davis. Meyer said at the beginning of spring that he would miss time to get his grades in order, so Iím a.ssuming that is what happened today. Past that, itís difficult to find many negatives until the pads go on tomorrow.

Also of note: The end of practice was 11-on-11, and the entire drill showed the defense using a three lineman set. When that was the case, Carlos Dunlap and Jermaine Cunningham served as the first team defense ends, with Justin Trattou as the first team nose tackle. The second team used Duke Lemmens and Jaye Howard at defensive end, and John Brown played nose tackle.
Linebackers:

(It was still hard to judge who was playing what position, but hereís my best guess)
MLB: Brandon Spikes, Lorenzo Edwards, Brendan Beal
SLB: AJ Jones, Ryan Stamper, John Jones
WLB: Dustin Doe, Brandon Hicks

What I liked: Brandon Spikes gets better every day. Meyerís quotes about him stepping up and becoming a complete player couldnít be more evident. One thing I loved about his game last year was his play in pass coverage. He had multiple deflected passes on Friday, one of which fell into the arms of AJ Jones for an interception. Jones played well in pass coverage as well. He and Hernandez went at it on a couple plays. One play had Jones dive in and tip the ball away from Hernandezís hands. Lorenzo Edwards made a play where he jumped on top of a wide receiver and tipped the ball away without creating enough contact for pass interference. There isnít much to report on outside of pass coverage since they arenít hitting yet.

What I didnít like: Brandon Hicks was scolded by Meyer during punt block drills for having to be told multiple times before doing things the right way. He came out and was confused on a couple plays about whether or not he should have been on the field. Defensive coordinator Charlie Strong wasnít very happy about it and let him know by grabbing his facemask to yell at him. Hicks did show good athleticism when he was in position. Brendan Beal was also yelled at to sit down as the middle linebacker in coverage, instead of running around and getting himself out of position. Still, youíd rather have a young player get scolded for moving too much, as opposed to not at all.
Cornerbacks:

CB- Joe Haden, Markihe Anderson, Janoris Jenkins
CB- Wondy Pierre-Louis, Jacques Rickerson, Moses Jenkins, Jeremy Brown

What I liked: Everything about Coach Bedford. The cornerbacks do their drills right in front of the media section of the field, and I could listen to him coach all day. He is reiterating what Jenkins and Brown said after their first day, that he wants to press receivers. Joe Haden had an outstanding day. He picked Tebow off in 7-on-7s, when he jumped Louis Murphyís post route to catch it. There was a great interaction between the two in one-on-ones. Murphy caught the first past and was jawing with Haden about the catch. The next play Haden jammed him off the line so much that Murphy couldnít go anywhere but backwards. This sent the other cornerbacks into a frenzy, led by their coach Vance Bedford. Heís a great leader and the players are rallying around him already. What I love about Bedfordís drills is that he involves the cornerbacks catching the football to work on their hands. A lot of the drills are the same ones, but just that influx of new ideas should benefit them in the fall. Jenkins made his presence felt on a pass from Tebow after he locked up Carl Moore and then reached in to tip to pass away. He was physical all day and looked much improved in even one day of practice.

The biggest plus from the cornerbacks is that it looks like a fire has been lit under them. They still make mistakes, but theyíre starting to stick their chest out a little bit as opposed to the head down attitude they had in the fall. During one-on-ones, they would get into furious debates about whether or not receivers were inbounds for catches because they didnít want to give up anything. When Haden, Pierre-Louis and Rickerson werenít up during the drills, they got into a yelling match with Harvin, Thompson and Murphy calling each other out. The cornerbacks had just made a big play, so they decided to let the offensesí most feared players know about it. Itís that kind of pride in themselves that can make this group successful if they work hard and keep that swagger.

What I didnít like: There were a few plays that stuck out in my mind here, but letís think about it first. Any time you have young cornerbacks focusing on trying to learn the philosophy of a new coach, and you send them up against guys the caliber of Percy Harvin, Louis Murphy and Deonte Thompson, cornerbacks will struggle. Iím not going to call out young cornerbacks who are learning against the nationís best receivers. That said, there really arenít any of them that are getting embarrassed out there. Jenkins and Brown struggled in their first day of practice, but they looked better Friday. Murphy went from mocking Jenkins on Wednesday, to unsuccessfully trying to lose him on Friday.
Safeties:

S- Major Wright, Jamar Hornsby, Jerimy Finch, Ahmad Black
S-Dorian Munroe, John Curtis, Bryan Thomas

What I liked: Jerimy Finch participated in most of Fridayís drills. Wednesday had him not participating when the defense and offense went head-to-head, but he was on the field during almost every drill Friday. When I watch Major Wright play, I canít help but laugh at the questions surrounding his pass coverage skills when he was in high school. One play he ended up one-on-one with Deonte Thompson in coverage and held him at bay. The throw was too far, but Wright was in position to make a play on the ball if it wasnít. John Curtis is a guy that has always amazed me. He could probably go to another school and get consistent playing time, but instead heís working hard to get time in as a Gator. He made a play deep across the middle to deflect a pass, and Coach Heater joked with him that he should get up after making a play like that and have a different walk and enthusiasm about it. Hopefully weíll continue to see some big plays from him like the blocked punt at South Carolina in the fall.

What I didnít like: Jamar Hornsby had played well throughout most of the day, but blew his coverage and allowed David Nelson to score a long, easy touchdown. Hornsby ignored his side of the field and left a gap wide open for Nelson to make the play.

Player of the Day: Itís got to be Brandon Spikes. Everyone knows how intimidating he is on the field, but heís finally starting to become the complete player we all knew he could.
 10 years ago '04        #84
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
DAY 3: Offense in-depth

The pads came on and the adrenaline was extremely high for Saturday's practice with the Florida Gators. The hitting started early with the Bull in the ring and kept on throughout, intensifying in a goal line and end zone scrimmage at the end of practice that you will have close visual with our practice highlights. Here is what I saw from the offense, with a few other nuggets thrown in.

After the first bit of individual drills, the opposing lines of scrimmage met in a half line drill. I would love to show some of the footage, but due to limitations we are forced to stick with, I want to show the scrimmage stuff. ButÖ

I really liked what the interior of the offensive line was able to do. If they were forced backwards at all in this drill I never saw it. The ball was snapped right on a yard line and I never saw the defense cross that line unless the lineman was in pursuit of someone else and didnít block the defender. Both Pounceys and Jim Tartt were not to be denied. The outside guys werenít far off and even the tight ends were doing great, but some of the defensive ends and linebackers were able to make a push at times. Overall, the offensive line won this drill with authority.

When the team went to the inside run drill it was much of the same. The offense pushed off the line, however, the defense was able to allow too many break aways, and so most of the runs were very short. This is what you should get from a good tackling fast defense,. The speed should keep the backs from breaking too many. Still, Chris Rainey, Kestahn Moore, Mon Williams, , Brandon James, and Emmanuel Moody all had at least one break away during the long drill. We will talk more specifics on players later in the report.

I still donít know what to call this one drill that some people mistakenly call the Oklahoma drill. Mainly it is the Bull in the Ring, except there is no ring, so I will call it the ďBull in the Open Ring.Ē This was the first sign that the pads were really on outside of the ring they had at the start of practice. There were a ton of exceptional battles and I will rattle off the ones I saw in rapid fire just like we were getting them live.

Louis Murphy over Major Wright big time. (Meyer lit into Major the way he was handles so easily, so they lined up again),Jason Watkins over Cunningham, Aaron Hernandez planted Dustin Doe...Doe came right back and put Hernandez on his butt, Mon Williams won a close one over Brendan Beal, Maurkice Pouncey beat Lawrence Marsh rather handily, Deonte beat Wondy, Hornsby beat Holliday, Nelson beat Rickerson, Carl Johnson and Carlos Dunlap jaw after tying, Ingram over Edwards, Brandon James over Pratt, Mike Pouncey over Troy Epps, Jaye Howard over Jim Barrie, Markihe Anderson over Butch Rowley, Bryan Thomas over Paul Wilson. John Curtis over Carl Moore, Moses Jenkins over Frazier, Newell over Duke Lemmens, Corey Hobbs over John Brown, James Smith over Dustin Doe, Lorenzo Edwards over Aaron Hernandez, Deonte Thompson over Janoris Jenkins, Carl Moore over Jeremy Brown (Mooreís helmet was ripped off as he lands on top of Brown and Meyer runs over, shakes Mooreís hand, and says ďWelcome to Florida.Ē The crowd loved it.), Okine over Fairbanks, Mon Williams over Brendan Beal

The teams broke up into skill positions and lines and we got to see the skill guys go at it in the passing seven on seven drills. I would say in general the defense is really starting to play a better zone and making it harder for the quarterbacks to hit those creases. Again, this is a sign of a fast defense that knows what it is doing and can make proper reads.

Then it was the goal line and end zone scrimmage that we were anticipating for two days. The guys really got after it and the offense really started off hot. They actually missed the first points of the scrimmage when Percy Harvin dropped a touchdown pass, but then rallied for four straight scores. Here is how it played out. Play by play compliments of Franz Beard, some commentary by me.

GOAL LINE FULL CONTACT SCRIMMAGE PLAY-BY-PLAY

1-10@12: Kestahn Moore for six yards on a hard run.
2-4@6: Kestahn Moore stopped, no gain
3-4@6: Tim Tebow pass incomplete (Percy Harvin drop right ion the middle of the end zone)

1-10@12: Emmanuel Moody off right side for one yard
2-9@11: Moody around right end broke several tackles and pushed his way for 11 yards, TOUCHDOWN

1-10@12: Tebow pass to Aaron Hernandez on left side, 12 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The play saw the hardest hit of the day when Major wright clobbered Hernandez at the goal line. Hernandez was a bit woozy but his offensive teammates gang tackled him anyway.

1-10@12: Mon Williams off right side for two yards
2-8@10: Cam Newton pass to David Nelson, 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Nelson looked pretty quick down the right side, it was a very good sign for him I believe.

1-10@12: Tebow pass incomplete; Wondy Pierre-Louis on the breakup for Louis Murphy.
2-10@12: Brandon James no gain (Dustin Doe, John Brown on the stop)
3-10@12: Tebow pass incomplete (John Brown collapsed the pocket and Tebow had to hurry it)

1-10@12: Kestahn Moore -2 yards, Troy Epps was lightning in the backfield and Moore had no chance. Epps then gets chastised by Meyer for something he did (not sure) and gets pulled out in favor of John Brown.
2-12@14: Newton pass incomplete
3-12@14: Newton to Percy Harvin, left corner of the end zone, 14 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Percy had to slow down and caught it back pedaling in the corner..

1-10@12: Chris Rainey for two yards up the middle
2-8@10: 5-yard penalty false start Lawrence Marsh commits the penalty and gets pulled in favor of Torrey Davis.
2-13@15: Newton pass incomplete (Rickerson breakup)
3-13@15: Newton pass incomplete

1-10@12: Tebow to Louis Murphy, 12 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Murphy worked hard and fought hard for this one.

1-10@12: Rainey turns eight-yard loss into one-yard loss. He had to do some dancing but broke free.
2-10@13: Rainey for seven off right tackle. He hit the hole hard and got a lot of praise from coaches and teammates for the run.
3-4@6: Moody for no gain; face mask penalty, half the distance
1-3@3: Mon Williams one yard off left tackle
2-1@2: Mon Williams fumble, Jermaine Cunningham recovers

1-6@6: Brandon James four yards behind Jim Tartt
2-2@2: Brandon James for two yards behind Jim Tartt; TOUCHDOWN

1-6@6: Moody takes option pitch from Newton, six yards, TOUCHDOWN. Newton ran this one beautifully as he strung the linebackers out very wide and waited till the very last second to make the pitch. Moody did the rest and once he smelled the end zone, it was over.

1-6@6: James for four yards behind Wilks de-cleater
2-2@2: Offside defense, one yard penalty
2-1@1: Kestahn Moore fumble on slobber knocking hit by Brandon Spikes, Justin Trattou recovers

1-6@6: Newton sacked by Ahmad Black, minus eight yards, HIT OF THE DAY. Black came from seemingly nowhere and was a flash. He caught the unsuspecting Newton off guard. Newton has a 70-pound advantage but he went down fast and the defensive guys ran to Black in amazement and joy.
2-14@14: Newton to Carl Moore, right corner of the end zone, 14 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Moore used his body and hands to make space for the catch.

1-6@6: Moore takes pitch from Tebow, five yards (Joe Haden tackle)
2-1@1: Tebow fumbles snap

1-6@6: Mon Williams left side, two yards
2-4@6: Mon Williams right side, two yards

FOURTH DOWN AND GOAL

4-8@8: Tebow pass incomplete
4-6@6: Tebow pass to Cornelius Ingram, five yards
4-5@5: Newton pass to Cornelius Ingram, five yards, TOUCHDOWN
4-4@4: Newton pass incomplete (A.J. Jones quarterback pressure)
4-1@1: Tebow fumbles snap (Trattou recovers)
4-8@8: Newton pass incomplete (Finch with hit on Nelson for breakup). This is the first time I have noticed Finch in offense vs. defense action.
4-6@6: Newton scrambles, six yards, TOUCHDOWN
4-5@5: Newton pass incomplete
4-4@4: Newton scrambles, four yards, TOUCHDOWN
4-1@1: Moody off right side, one yard, TOUCHDOWN
4-1@1: Newton fumbles snap
4-2@2: James off right side, two yards, TOUCHDOWN
4-2@2: Moore off left side, no gain (Lawrence Marsh, Dustin Doe, Black on tackle)
 10 years ago '04        #85
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
cont....

Quarterbacks:

Tebow, Newton, Brantley

What I Liked: Newton’s option decision making is quite good. He also had a few times in the running drills where he was successful at keeping the ball when the ends crash hard on the running backs. This will make him a very effective runner. He is bit by bit learning to put touch on the ball and made some excellent throws down by the end zone that his receivers could catch.

Brantley had some great throws in the seven on seven drills. Hitting some right in the middle of the field at medium distance that were well placed throws. He is getting command of the offense.

What I Didn’t Like: The snap exchange when under center, especially with Tebow was really bad today. This was an issue at the goal line in the scrimmage portion of practice. John Brantley should have been intercepted again today when Jeremy Brown broke on an intermediate pass.
Running Backs:

Moore, James, Williams, Moody, Rainey
Fullback: Wilks, Hernandez

What I Liked: There was some extremely good hard running from all the backs including the “little guys” Rainey and James. Every day Moody makes a play that makes people go wow. Today it was a short pass in the flat, he spun around and made Moses Jenkins look helpless in trying to defender him. Steve Wilks was the starter at fullback and had some blocks that would really make Billy Latsko proud. It looks as if Wilks has found a home and his crash mentality on the football field should suit him well at fullback.

What I Didn’t Like: Mainly fumbles by the backs. Both Kestahn Moore and Mon Williams had fumbles. That cannot happen, even though the hits were big time.
Receivers / Tight Ends

Starters: Harvin, Thompson, Ingram, Murphy
Backups: Carl Moore, Hernandez, Justin Williams, Paul Wilson, Nelson, Casey

What I Liked: Carl Moore made a great catch in seven on seven drills on the near sideline. He had the nice touchdown in the scrimmage portion too. He may already be the best at using his body to shield defenders from the ball. Thompson had another wow catch and run in seven on seven from a John Brantley throw in the middle of the field. He took a mid range post like pattern and caught it in the middle of the field and then turned it upfield in stride to score a long one.

What I Didn’t Like: A couple of drops, but nothing on the scale of yesterday. No Riley Cooper again (with the baseball team in Oxford). A few miscommunication with the quarterbacks, but all in all a great day.
Offensive Line

Starters: LT: Johnson, LG Tartt, C Maurkice Pouncey, RG Mike Pouncey, RT Watkins
Backups: RT Gilbert, C Hobbs, LG Barrie

What I Liked: They showed their brute earlier in practice, basically dominating the defensive line. They even started out the scrimmage time dominating at the line of scrimmage. The interior line right now is just a bunch of brute force that should be able to blow anyone off the ball. The exterior linemen have agility and length and should do well.

What I Disliked: Honestly the defense caught up as the scrimmage played on. I think the numbers on defense wore down the offense a bit. The offense started the scrimmage ahead by four points and it came down to one play at the end to decide it all, and the defensive line started to get penetration late, especially on the second group. Righ now, depth is a concern, but when Trautwein and Hurt are back, plus hopefully Wilson, the depth on the line looks much better.
Odds and Ends:

I have seen some remarks as to James Wilson and how he appears to not be liking the situation out there. Honestly I think people are looking for the signs and when you aren’t participating, you aren’t going to look as involved, and somewhat disinterested. But, James Wilson was really getting into it when a couple of the offensive linemen won their battles in the one on one Bull in the Open Ring drill. I also watched him as he was playing out his a.ssignments off to the side on plays that were being called at practice. He would get in his stance and then run the play for his position. I think LG from what I noticed. That doesn’t look like someone that is not thinking about participating in this offense down the road.

Quotables:
“That’s not good enough to beat LSU” --- Dan McCarney to his linemen oafter a not so great effort during a drill.

“Point Georgia” --- Urban Meyer. When he thought the effort was poor of both participants in the Bull in the Open Ring drill.

Player of the Day Offense: The Law Firm of Pouncey, Pouncey, and Tartt. They controlled the inside of the line all day long in my opinion.
 10 years ago '04        #86
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
DAY 3: Defense in-depth

The pads came on Saturday morning and the Gator defense showed immediate signs of growth.

Defensive line:

SDE: Justin Trattou, Carlos Dunlap, Jaye Howard
DT: Troy Epps, Torrey Davis, Terron Sanders
DT: Lawrence Marsh, John Brown
WDE: Jermaine Cunningham, Duke Lemmens, Earl Okine

What I liked: Dan McCarney is pushing the tempo of the defensive line. There were multiple times where the defense got in position before the snap, and he blew his whistle and made them do it again with better intensity. He was on Jermaine Cunningham during a few of the drills, telling him ďDonít just be a regular guy out here. Be special.Ē Another positive was not only that Torrey Davis was practicing, but that he was going at a high level. He got his hands up on many plays and deflected a pass in the goal line set. During the goal line scrimmage at the end of practice, Davis blew into the backfield and caused a Kestahn Moore fumble, which was recovered by Justin Trattou. Trattou is one of those guys who always find himself around the ball. He recovered two fumbles on the day, and continued to move inside and outside on the defensive line. Troy Epps is has shown steady improvement in his three days of practice. He broke through the defensive line and blew up the running back almost four yards behind the original line of scrimmage. Coach Meyer was very enthused by this play, came over shook his hand and sent Epps to the sideline almost as if he had his work in for the day. Meyer then yelled, ďYou canít teach that!Ē Terron Sanders also made a big play where he burst through the line, picked Moody up and threw him to the ground for a loss.

What I didnít like: There seemed to be confusion between some guys as to when they should be in or out. This was the first day with pads on, so that is understandable though. Lawrence Marsh jumped offside on a 4th and goal situation from the one yard line. McCarney yanked him out of the group and put John Brown in the game. Carlos Dunlap and Jaye Howard got yelled at by McCarney for not squaring their body up to the offensive lineman, and Dunlap crossed his feet over a few times. McCarney was all over him because he wasnít in an athletic position and said, ĎYou canít play college football like that!í
Linebackers:

WLB- Dustin Doe, Brandon Hicks,
MLB- Brandon Spikes/Lorenzo Edwards, Brendan Beal
SLB- AJ Jones, Ryan Stamper, John Jones

What I liked: Lorenzo Edwards took snaps almost the entire goal line drills with the first team, and Beal was with second team. Spikes didnít participate in most of these drills, and Iím not sure why. Edwards was outstanding in his time. Heís very athletic for his size and makes his presence felt on running backs. Spikes participated in drills and showed how much he loves contact. During a running play, after the running back had already gone by, Spikes ran directly at Marcus Gilbert and hit him just for good measure. Dustin Doe made a few nice plays in both the run and passing game. All the linebackers are looking improved in pass coverage. The goal line set had linebackers getting through the offensive line on blitzes pretty easily, and rushed Cam Newtonís throw multiple times.

What I didnít like: Beal looked pretty average to me today. Meyer yelled at him during the Oklahoma drills, saying ďWhereís Beal? If you say you want to play, get in there!Ē The proceeding drill had him getting flattened. Itís not a cause for concern because he shows good instincts, but right now he looks a bit overmatched.
Secondary-

CB- Joe Haden, Markihe Anderson, Janoris Jenkins
CB- Wondy Pierre-Louis, Jacques Rickerson, Moses Jenkins, Jeremy Brown
S- Major Wright, Jamar Hornsby, Bryan Thomas, Ahmad Black
S- Dorian Munroe, John Curtis, Jerimy Finch

What I liked: The biggest improvement to me was Wondy Pierre-Louis. He gets fired up by competition and had the task of covering Louis Murphy for most of the goal line drills. A fade to Murphy was swatted away by him with ease. The two later got into a jawing match as Wondy told Murphy he wasnít getting the ball because Pierre-Louis wouldnít let him get open. Janoris Jenkins actually took a few reps with the second team today. During one-on-ones, he jumped an out route by Deonte Thompson and picked off Brantleyís pass. The other newcomer at cornerback was Jeremy Brown, who had a fine day himself. In seven-on-sevens, Brown made an outstanding read on the quarterback to have a diving interception go through his hands. Today was another good day for Joe Haden. The fade route was thrown twice by the offense, and broken up first by Wondy, and second a fade to Carl Moore was almost picked by Jacques Rickerson. The secondary showed heart in the goal line sets. Dorian Munroe made a nice tackle in the goal line set after Cornelius Ingram caught the ball at the four yard line to keep him from scoring on fourth down. The biggest hit of the day came from Ahmad Black. The offense used play action to move Cameron Newton out to his right so he could throw for the touchdown. Black read the play perfectly, flew in, hit Newton under the helmet, and threw him down. The defense was sent into a frenzy after this. Jerimy Finch also participated in the 11-on-11 drills, and even contributed with a pass breakup.

What I didnít like: This is a tough one for me to pick because the coverage overall was impressive today. Moses Jenkins looked to me like he needs to gain some strength. Seven-on-seven drills had him covering Mon Williams for one play, and allowed Mon to catch the ball and break his tackle.
Player of the day:

There are multiple candidates for this one, but Iím going with Justin Trattou. He made two key fumble recoveries for the defense and is proving to be a key component for the defense. Meyer said he will play inside, but I think heíll play a Ray McDonald role in the fall, playing defensive tackle and end.
 10 years ago '04        #87
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2971 2971
is harvin most likely gone after this year?

and i like wondy pierre-louis, good to see a fellow haitian doin his thang:applause:
 10 years ago '04        #88
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 madness said:
is harvin most likely gone after this year?

and i like wondy pierre-louis, good to see a fellow haitian doin his thang:applause:
I'd be shocked if he came back after next year, he's too good to stay in college.
 10 years ago '06        #89
Xaiv 149 heat pts149
space
space
$4,280 | Props total: 2189 2189
So, Finch moved back to Safety? I thought he was staying at LB Those Safety combinations look interesting. How do you think it will end up bluntz?

One more question where's Trautwein at? I thought he was suppose to move to OG or C
 10 years ago '04        #90
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
Trautwein is out for Spring for precautionary measures. I'm not sure where Finch will end up but if he stays at safety he's going to be one of the biggest safeties I've ever seen. Somebody will wind up moving to LB eventually just not sure who.
 10 years ago '04        #91
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
Murray getting comfortable with Florida

[pic - click to view]

One of the top signal callers in the 2009 class visited Florida yesterday and liked what he saw. Aaron Murray from Tampa Plant High School is without a doubt the #1 quarterback on Florida’s board and with good reason.

“My comfort level is getting better and better each time I get up there,” Murray said. “I’ve always said that the place I end up going is where I feel the most comfortable. Just being able to hang out with Coach Mullen and Coach Meyer is great. During the practice, I was able to hang out with Coach Meyer and we talked about different players. The biggest thing for me on his trip was building relationships because it is the best thing for me. In taking the trip, it helped me understand their philosophies and know if I can work with these guys or not.”

Murray arrived to campus early and really got a good perspective on what it’s like everyday in Gainesville.

“I got to Gainesville around 9 and talked to the coaches a little bit,” he said. “They then took me to the academic place and talked to the student athlete advisor for awhile. I went with Orson Charles and Hunter Baldwin who plays safety and receiver for us. During the middle of the meeting we had to leave and we went to a class with Tim Tebow. My parents and my coach stayed and got a tour. We went to the chemistry class with Tebow for about 45 minutes. From there we went to lunch with Tim Tebow and Coach Mullen met up with us and so did my family. Coach Meyer then met up with us and I talked with him for a little bit. Later, I got a tour of the campus and I think her name was Emily and she showed us the campus and the dorms. I didn’t know the campus was that big and I got a good feel of what it’s like everyday there. We then went to the individual position meetings and went to practice. After practice, we were there for about an hour or two and we talked to the coaches some more. All in all it was a very good day and we had a lot of fun.”

One of the highlights of the trip was going to class with Tim Tebow. Murray was able to see what it’s like to be the starting quarterback at the University of Florida.

“We had people stopping him (Tebow) on the way to class asking him for autographs,” Murray said. “It was kind of crazy to see that happen especially when it’s your position that you play. It just goes to show you that if you work that hard you can get that kind of attention. It shows you that all his hard work has paid off and you have to work hard to be in the limelight. It was pretty funny, but it was cool too.”

Murray’s team mate Orson Charles picked up an offer yesterday, but reportedly grew up a Miami fan. Wherever Murray chooses to go, he is going to make sure that he does his part to help mentor Charles and help him find the best place to go.

“I think he might follow me, but Orson and I are two different people and we play two different positions,” Murray said. “I have to find my best spot for a quarterback and he has to find the best spot for a tight end and receiver. I think he wants to be a tight end in college and he wants to find the place that uses the tight end the best. He just wants to find the place that will use his abilities and that could be Florida or it could be Miami. You grow up having a favorite team and his was Miami. I didn’t grow up having a favorite team, but you can’t look at it like they are my favorite team and I will go there if they offer me. You have to find the best situation and find the school that does the best at what I need to do. You can’t always go to the school of your dreams even though it’s a big thing. You have to look out for yourself a little bit. I will definitely be helping him as will our coach and Orson’s family in mentoring him and finding the best place for him to go.”

One of the big things for many recruits is how the depth chart looks. While Murray doesn’t mind redshirting, he is going to continue to compete and try to win the starting quarterback position. If Murray was to end up choosing Florida and he redshirted, he would have a 2 year separation from quarterback John Brantley.

“I’m going to look at any situation and no matter where I go I am going to have to compete for a job,” he said. “Just because someone is two years ahead of me doesn’t mean that I can’t beat him out in my eyes. Wherever I go I am going to try and beat that guy out. I want to play; I don’t want to sit on the bench. There would be a two year difference if he started and then hopefully I could start but wherever I go I’m looking to compete for the position. I’m not just going to go and say he’s two years ahead of me so I am just going to sit down and wait. I’m going to go somewhere and try to compete and win that job. I learned that from Robert Marve and last year he had two older guys ahead of him but he still competed for the job until he got hurt. This year he had a senior ahead of him and he beat him out as a redshirt freshman and the other guy transferred. You have to compete and try to beat those guys out. Wherever I go I have to compete and I’m ready for that.”

Despite feeling more and more comfortable at Florida, Murray is not ready to name Florida his leader yet. He’s still wide open and has three more visits that he needs to take before he makes his decision.

“I’m still open and I have a couple more visits to go,” he said. “After my visits, I’m going to sit down with my family and go through our checklist on what we liked and didn’t like on our visits. It was a great visit, I loved it and my family loved it. Once I sit down and finish these visits we’ll see what happens. As of right now, I’m still wide open and open to all things. I have a trip to UCLA in a couple of weeks and I am going to Georgia and Florida’s spring game. That’s it for me and if I am going to commit before the summer that’s all the trips that I am going to make. If I don’t commit before the summer, I might visit some camps. As of right now, those are the only 3 visits I have left. I’m looking to commit before the summer. Hopefully by Florida’s spring game I’ll have all my visits done and I’ll be able to sit down with my family and make a decision a couple of weeks later.”

Seeing that Murray will be attending Florida’s Orange and Blue game, I asked him if there was a chance at seeing him race against Percy Harvin and Chris Rainey.

“Uh no, I watched those guys and they are pretty sick,” he said. “Percy Harvin is just a freak and in 1 on 1 drills no one could touch him. They were talking trash and saying that they could stop him but he burned everybody out there. I’m definitely not going to race him. At Florida you have great athletes everywhere and most of those guys could go anywhere and start. Percy Harvin is the real deal and could go to the NFL right now and play. The other players are really good but compared to Percy, he’s in another world.”

Recently Murray made an important decision about what All-American game he was going to play in. While the Under Armour appears to be getting more popular, the tradition of the Army All-American game was too good for him to pass up.

“I’m pumped about playing in the Army All-American game,” he said. “It’s been the game to play in for many years and there’s great tradition in that game. All the top guys go to that game and it’s on NBC. It is a big game and it’s really exciting.”

If this kid doesn't come to Florida I'd be beyond fu*king shocked. Some people think he may be the best QB in this class since he's only started one season you can tell the upside is off the charts. This is a lot better year for QB's than last year also.
 10 years ago '04        #92
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
u cool bluntz but fuk most florida fans.. n*ggas came here in 06 talkin hella sh*t

"We're not sold on Brandon Cox at quarterback. At. All."
--Orson Swindle, EDSBS, Florida fan

"For the past two years I've failed to understand the hype about Brandon Cox."
--Ryan Ferguson, AOL Fanhouse, Florida fan

"Gator fans, [Auburn] isn’t one of the stiffer SEC tests ... Auburn is not as good as UT and will also be blown out in the swamp."--Keltic Gator, Orange and Blue Hue, Florida fan

"Brandon Cox may miss his start against Florida due to heavy menstrual bleeding."
--Orson again.

This is Tommy Tuberville. He just took a team that started three true freshman on the offensive line, lost to Mississippi St. at home two weeks ago, has lost starter after starter on defense and lost its best defensive player midway through the second half, and defeated the No. 4 team in the country, the defending national champions, at night on their home field. Tuberville's team became the first to beat Urban Meyer's Gators in Gainesville. A team--again--facing hurdle after hurdle after hurdle that most teams wouldn't have a hope of clearing. Somehow, Tuberville gives them that hope.

In December Meyer gon meet his nightmare again....

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #93
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
Man you know you my boy and I can't even talk any sh*t to you because y'all have owned us here lately but fu*k you my n*gga. Here's hopin' we meet y'all in ATL this season, that would be ill and hopefully we can exact some revenge on you n*ggas.

10 years ago '04        #94
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
DAY 4: Offense in-depth report

The Florida Gators donned full pads for day four of 2008 Spring Football Practice. Although it wasn't full speed contact, there was some hitting and the offense and defense had their moments. We'll take a look at each position on the offensive side of the ball to see who stood out and who didn't on day four.

In a nutshell, Monday’s practice was won by the offense in the running game and the defense in the passing game. It seems that the offensive line dictates what happens with the run, while the secondary and linebacker play has come on very strong to make noise in the passing defense causing more turnovers than the offense would like to see.

Here is my take on how the offensive personnel looked on Monday.
Quarterbacks

Rotation Order: Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, John Brantley’s

What I Liked: The hot receivers today seemed to be Justin Williams and David Nelson and the quarterbacks found them regularly. Honestly, it wasn’t a great performance by the quarterbacks today.

What I Didn’t Like: There were four interceptions today in the seven on seven and team drills combined. Tebow threw two, one to Rickerson in the seven on seven, and the other on the last play of a drive in the two-minute offense at the end of practice. They were not sharp throws and he looked lackluster making them. Both Brantley and Newton also threw interceptions and no one was particularly crisp going deep.
Running Backs

Rotation Order: Kestahn Moore, Brandon James, Mon Williams, Chris Rainey, Emmanuel Moody

What I Liked: Nine on Seven drill and Rainey and James were the stars. The drill pits the front seven of the defense vs. the running game portion of the offense. Both James and Rainey looked like magicians at times running in the middle of the drill and coming out the back end untouched. I also liked that I don’t recall a fumble other than a bad pitch by the running backs all day.

What I Didn’t Like: Moody was the last one to go every time and he did not stand out at all. Moore didn’t either for the most part, while Williams had one nice run over the right side. The big backs on the roster didn’t have a great day today.
Fullback

Steven Wilks

What I Liked: Wilks continues to impress onlookers as he plows through linebackers and safeties and makes holes for the backs in short yardage plays. He really does an excellent job of keying on his man and taking them out of the play entirely.

What I Didn’t Like: Throw him the ball. I think for the position to be ultra effective, he has to show that he can be a weapon with the ball in his hands. I am anxious to see exactly what he can do.
Wide receivers / Tight Ends

1st Team: Deonte Thompson, Cornelius Ingram, David Nelson, Riley Cooper
2nd Team: Justin Williams, Carl Moore, Cade Holliday, Aaron Hernandez, Tate Casey

What I Liked: David Nelson looked solid stepping in Percy Harvin’s vacant spot. He doesn’t have Harvin’s ability after the catch, but he provides a big target, especially in the medium to long range areas of the field. Justin Williams made several nice catches and showed tremendous speed today. He was the star of the day in my opinion and I would also slate him for more reps and pushing these starters based on his work all week. He is a weapon and has the speed, strength, and overall ball skills to make a dent in the depth chart. Deonte Thompson looked as smooth as ever, but didn’t have a big day like he has had so far this spring. Cade Holliday continues to make a great play or two every practice and he did so again on Monday.

What I Didn’t Like: With Nelson being a big target, he has the propensity to make a lot of sliding catches. One of these times a trailing safety is going to be faster than he expects and when nelson slides, he is going to race ahead of him and catch it. Nelson needs to come back to the ball if it is slightly under thrown, make sure the defender doesn’t have a chance. Carl Moore made a couple of catches, but seems to be slowly disappearing. He should be standing out with guys like Harvin and Murphy out of the way.

Offensive Line:

1st: LT Carl Johnson, LG Jim Tartt, C Maurkice Pouncey, RG Mike Pouncey, RT Jason Watkins
2nd: LT Carl Johnson, LG Jim Barrie, C Corey Hobbs, RG James Wilson, RT Marcus Gilbert

What I Liked: Wilson practicing with the second unit was a welcome surprise. The offensive line continues to really control the line of scrimmage. They may have had their best day overall on Monday, even though it wasn’t a real heavy contact day. The defensive line rarely has made a dent on the offensive line. Time after time, the front of the line of scrimmage wall moves the defense two yards or so, before the backs get touched. Only some fast hard hitting linebackers are there to get the backs after that.

What I Didn’t Like: The bad snaps improved on Monday, but there were still quite a few. There were the same issues last year and they were corrected by fall so that there were only two-three bad snaps all of last season. It is nothing to worry about. It is hard to tell in some of the drills but it looks like there may be a couple of issues with blitz coverages on pass plays. We will have to watch that when they get back to scrimmaging.
Player of the Day on Offense:

Justin Williams...Williams has made a great impression on me so far this spring. I think he is the top backup behind the starters right now. He make the difficult catch in traffic, he f!ghts for the ball, and he also has the speed to run the deep routes and beat the defensive backs. He has become a very versatile weapon for the quarterbacks.

Runner Up: James Wilson...He isn’t in shape yet, but it was good to see the big guy out there working side by side with the other linemen. You could tell in the video interview he really enjoyed getting out there and competing.
 10 years ago '04        #95
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
DAY 4: Defense in-depth practice report

Monday's practice concluded with a two-minute drill that showed the first and second team defense prevailing.
Defensive line:

SDE- Justin Trattou, Carlos Dunlap, Jaye Howard
DT- Troy Epps, Terron Sanders,
DT- Lawrence Marsh, John Brown,
WDE- Jermaine Cunningham, Duke Lemmens, Earl Okine

What I liked: There weren’t too many positives for me on the defensive line Monday. The group seemed to get dominated all afternoon, even leading Coach Meyer to say after practice that the defensive line is nowhere near where he wants them. The effort got better near the end of practice, and plays were finally made. Troy Epps made a couple plays in the backfield on the goal line to keep the running backs from the end zone. A goal line option from Tim Tebow to Kestahn Moore bounced off Moore’s hands, and was recovered by Jermaine Cunningham, who would have blown the play up even if the pitch was caught. Defensive line coach Dan McCarney is trying to teach the linemen to keep their bodies squared up to the offensive linemen. John Brown had a good day of practice, flying into the backfield a few times. The defense still used a three man front, keeping Carlos Dunlap and Jermaine Cunningham at end, with Justin Trattou moving inside to nose guard.

What I didn’t like: The defense got pretty much dominated by the offensive line in the running drills. The ball continued to be run through gaping holes in the middle of the line. Epps and Sanders were both called soft by McCarney. He reminded Epps that ‘we can’t play in the SEC with a soft nose guard.’ Lawrence Marsh jumped offside for the second straight day during the 11-on-11 scrimmages. I didn’t see Torrey Davis out at practice today. They’re going to need to get better as a group for this defense to be better than it was last year.
Linebackers-

SLB- Brandon Hicks, Chris Pintado
MLB- Brandon Spikes, Lorenzo Edwards, Brendan Beal
WLB- Dustin Doe, Jerimy Finch

What I liked: Obviously a few things stand out about Monday’s depth chart. I didn’t see Ryan Stamper or AJ Jones on the field for any significant time Monday. Brandon Hicks and Jerimy Finch took the opportunity and stepped up. Finch started out with the safeties at the very beginning of practice, and moved in with the linebackers for the rest of the day. He made an impressive tackle on a hand off to running back Emmanuel Moody on the four yard line, hit Moody and kept him out of the end zone. Hicks showed off his athleticism on a couple plays where he chased Tebow out of the pocket and out of bounds. He didn’t have many mental errors than I saw Monday, which was refreshing after seeing him out of position on a few plays so far this spring and hearing from the coaches about it. The linebackers continued to impress in pass coverage, and having a former safety like Finch in there helps out with that.

What I didn’t like: There weren’t many drills focused at the linebackers today, and they looked pretty solid for the most part. I don’t like Jones and Stamper not participating for whatever reason, because the deep group of linebackers we knew seems depleted with two of their key contributors not participating.
Secondary-

CB- Joe Haden, Jacques Rickerson, Janoris Jenkins
CB- Wondy Pierre-Louis, Markihe Anderson, Moses Jenkins, Jeremy Brown
S- Major Wright, Jamar Hornsby, Ahmad Black
S- Dorian Munroe, John Curtis, Bryan Thomas

What I liked: This group was the most impressive of the three in my eyes. The biggest improvement to me came on the hitch routes by receivers. Granted Percy Harvin and Louis Murphy didn’t practice, but the receivers behind them are still good. The button hook routes were actually defended well by the Florida cornerbacks, something we haven’t seen in a few years. With zero pressure coming from the defensive line Monday, they really had no choice but to step up. Markihe Anderson led the defense with two interceptions, one of which would have been returned for a touchdown. Joe Haden led the first team defense to a stop by picking off Tim Tebow in the end zone. Jacques Rickerson looked like the player we saw during the Florida State game in the fall. He had an interception, and followed it up by making a good play on the ball, just dropping his second interception in two plays. Ahmad Black continued to impress from the safety position, and actually took some reps with the first team defense as the one high safety and Dorian Munroe went to the line of scrimmage. Black made a big hit on Cade Holliday during the second team’s two minute drill, and played well in coverage during the drill.

What I didn’t like: I watch a guy like Jamar Hornsby and just can’t figure out why he can’t get on the field. He blows people up in tackling drills, flies to the football and looks like a specimen. I a.ssume it is knowledge of his responsibilities on the field, but I just can’t figure it out.
Player of the Day:

I haven’t picked Joe Haden yet so far, and something just isn’t right about that. He’s had a great spring so far, and the improvement in his game is evident. The interception of Tebow to secure a win for the defense came at a huge moment in practice. Thinking of what Coach Bedford is going to do with this guy in the next few years is exciting.
 10 years ago '04        #96
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
Few random spring pics

Spikes

[pic - click to view]

John Brown

[pic - click to view]

CI & Brendan Beal going at it

[pic - click to view]

Major fu*kin' Wright

[pic - click to view]

Percy, Murph, & Wright

[pic - click to view]

Future AA Joe Haden kid is the truth

[pic - click to view]

New CB Coach Vance Bedford doin' his thing

[pic - click to view]

Rainey & Dunlap

[pic - click to view]

Moody

[pic - click to view]

Tebow & Rainey

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by 1000bluntz; 03-25-2008 at 11:08 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #97
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
Tubby>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Meyer

is so far ahead... by billions of years.
 10 years ago '04        #98
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
Tubby>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Meyer

is so far ahead... by billions of years.
Sorry but that's fu*king laughable. Auburn has always played UF very tough. To say Tuberville is on another level from Meyer is flat retarded. I like Tuberville as a coach but I'd rather have Meyer any day of the week. Add to the fact that Urban is a very young coach who still has a lot to learn and look at all he's accomplished as a coach, you can't deny that sh*t. He isn't even close to being the coach he will be in time and he's already at an elite level.
 10 years ago '04        #99
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
More Pics

First good Kicker we've had in a while in Caleb Sturgis, kid looks big for a Kicker.

[pic - click to view]

Percy & Deonte

[pic - click to view]

Brantley

[pic - click to view]

Cam Newton

[pic - click to view]

Ahmad Black, Major Wright, & Joe Haden

[pic - click to view]

Tebow

[pic - click to view]

Deonte vs. Major

[pic - click to view]

Cam

[pic - click to view]

Carl Moore

[pic - click to view]

Haden after INT off Tebow to end the two minute drill at end of practice

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #100
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
Q and A with Deonte Thompson

The Gators' wide receiving group is about to get even scarier. The emergence of Deonte Thompson in the first week of spring practice has made his stand out to eventually become one of the team's elite targets in the fall.

Q: “How much does it help you to have guys like Percy Harvin and Louis Murphy to look up to?”

A: “I look up to them every day. I see Percy do a move and I come back on the next play and want to try that move. Murph keeps me set technique wise. We learn from Percy. That’s how Bubba Caldwell was last season. I learned a lot from him. A lot of the things I do now I learned from (Bubba).”

Q: “What’d you learn last year during your redshirt season?”

A: “I saw how to become a better player by watching the older guys. When I came out here I didn’t know the offense much, but I’ve got it down. That’s probably the biggest thing. Coming out of high school, you just run past people. In college, you’ve got to read defenses.”

Q: “After Urban said you would play last year a few weekends and you didn’t play, it was obviously hard, but do you feel like the redshirt was good for you?”

A: “It was the best thing that ever could have happened. I wanted to play, but it’s always for the better. It made me become a better football player technique-wise. I was fast, but I learned my techniques and routes.”

Q: “Do you feel like last year would have been a wasted year if you played one game?”

A: “To play one game or two catches for the season is a wasted year. To come back still a freshman, I’ve got big things set up for this year.”

Q: “After sitting last year, how refreshing is it to come out and play like you have?”

A: “It’s real good. I want it this year. I’ve got to have it. I sat out last year and wanted to play so bad. Now it’s my turn. I can’t let it slip.”

Q: “Will you have that conversation with Janoris Jenkins about coming in and sometimes sitting on the bench?”

A: “Yeah, I just tell him to come on out here and go hard every day. I tell him to do what he’s doing, because he’s doing a real good job right now. If he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’ll play. He’s having a pretty good spring so far.”

Q: “What do you feel like you have left to prove to win your spot in the wide receiver rotation?”

A: “Coach always says effort. I want to go as hard as I can go. That’s all he wants to see. I’ve just got to keep with what I’m doing.”

Q: “How hard is it to stand out with so many talented receivers?”

A: “That’s the competition level. You’ve got to step your game up higher than the next man.”

This guy is going to tear it up in his Gator career.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy