Florida Gators

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
240 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #441
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,690 | Props total: 516 516
After a Three game losing streak, 2 back-to-back loses against the top 2 teams in country UF finally got some good news.

The Army All-American Bowl, created to pit some of the top high school football players in the country against one another, is heading into it’s 11th year of existence. This year’s contest will be played at the Alamodome in San Antonio at 1 p.m. EST on Jan. 7, 2012.

With his pledge to Florida, Taylor becomes the 17th commitment of the Class of 2012 for the Gators.

“I’m really excited for the opportunity I have to play for Florida,” Taylor said. “I’m going to go there and try and win a national championship at Florida.”

The 6-foot-5, 220-pound tight end is ranked as the consensus No. 1 tight end in the country according to the major recruiting services, and checks in as the No. 100 overall prospect in the country according to the Gator Country composite recruiting rankings for the 2012 recruiting class.

He willl join forces with another highly recruited tight end in Gainesville, as Under Armour All-American Colin Thompson has already given his pledge to UF as well.

Some observers might think Thompson would be upset about having another highly ranked tight end in the class, but Taylor and Thompson have already become fast friends. Thompson welcomes Taylor to the Florida family with open arms.

“I’m really looking forward to playing alongside Kent,” Thompson said. “He is one of the top tight ends and players in the country, and he will make our team better. It’s great to have someone like him with me in meetings and someone like him to line up with. He will definitely help the Gators get better.”

The Land O’Lakes prospect chose Florida over offers from Penn State, Alabama, Florida State and other top programs in the country. He has recorded 18 receptions for 322 yards and three touchdowns for the Gators (4-3) this season to lead the team in all three categories.

Check back with Gator Country later today for more coverage on the commitment of Kent Taylor. Commits are verbal and are non-binding until players sign a national letter of intent, usually on national signing day in February.

Read more:
 6 years ago '10        #442
kNOLES 
space
space
$581 | Props total: 4 4
This thread is pathetic just like your sh*t azz team! :finger2:

6 years ago '05        #443
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
I could of sworn you said FSU was going to the NC game this year.
 6 years ago '05        #444
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Byran Cox Jr. just committed to Florida today, but the bigger get is 2013 RB Adam Lane

2013 already looking good.
 6 years ago '05        #445
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,070 | Props total: 6972 6972
never heard of either
 6 years ago '10        #446
kNOLES 
space
space
 Junior G said:
never heard of either
I second that. UF recruitin like miami now
 6 years ago '05        #447
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Adam Lane has been one of the most talked about back in the State of Florida for the past two seasons. He broke his leg this past year during his Junior season. Youtube his highlights.

Stars don't mean a damn thing. Do yall remember Booker from FSU?! 5 star player more like 1 star if you ask me.
 6 years ago '05        #448
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
GAINESVILLE - Winter Haven star running back Adam Lane was sidelined all season with an ankle injury, but that didn't hurt his stock on the national recruiting trail.

But among all his choices, national championship Alabama being one of them, Lane went with the University of Florida.

On Saturday, the rising senior committed to play for the Gators in 2013. He is the first recruit to commit from that class.

Lane made his decision while on his fourth visit to Gainesville.

Despite Florida losing offensive coordinator Charile Weiss, Lane says the coaching staff was a major part of his decision.

"They're exciting to be around," Lane said. "The atmosphere is great and it feels like a family in the locker room and that's the kind of atmosphere I want to be in."

Lane has been on Florida's radar since his breakout sophomore season and an outstanding performance at summer camps. Before breaking his fibula prior to the start of the season, Lane had a breakout spring game for the Blue Devils when he ran for five touchdowns and 300-plus yards.

Florida's offense has been going through the many changes lately, but to Lane that's a plus.

"The new offense with a fullback in front of me it will help out a lot," said Lane, a 5-foot-7, 207 lb. back. "They'll be a lot more holes to run through I've always run in that kind of style so it's nothing new to me."

Lane was also being recruited by South Florida, Rutgers, South Carolina and Florida State.

Lane's ankle didn't scare off Florida running back's coach Brian White, who has had three players coached by him drafted in the first round of the NFL draft.

"They said it's not a big deal and they're going to be behind me,"

Lane said. "They know it's a minor injury, I just have to come back at 100-percent and work my butt off."

Florida has become a powerhouse of NFL talent in recent years, but that's not the only thing that Lane was thinking about when making his decision.

"Another thing I liked about the Gators is having that behind your name and on your degree," he added. "A lot of jobs really look at that if football doesn't' work out."

Lane is the first football player to go to UF from Winter Haven since current head coach Charlie Tate took over seven years ago.

"I couldn't be any happier for him, I think the perfect world is when Florida kids get to stay in the state and play with other Florida kids," Tate said.

"I think they're a great football school and he'll have an opportunity to play in the best conference in the country. I'm proud of him."

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #449
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Florida picked up its second verbal commitment in the Class of 2013 Saturday night, according to ESPN’s Derek Tyson.

Defensive lineman Caleb Brantley was on campus this weekend for Florida’s Junior Day and informed Will Muschamp of the good news over the phone at the end of his visit.

It was an easy decision for Brantley, who said in an interview with GatorCountry’s Andrew Spivey, “I love Florida. My whole family has been Gator fans, and since I was little, I was, too.”

[video - click to view]

The two early 2013 commitments from Brantley and running back Adam Lane gives the Gators a good start recruiting for next year’s cycle on both sides of the ball.

The 6’3”, 285-pound Brantley is rated a four-star defensive tackle by 247Sports, and also has offers from Florida State, Miami and South Florida.
 6 years ago '05        #450
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville (Fla.) First Coast linebacker Daniel McMillian committed to Florida last Saturday but made it public on Thursday.

McMillian, a four-star athlete who holds offers from Alabama, Florida State, Miami and Clemson among many others, made the decision while on an unofficial visit to Gainesville.

“To be honest, it caught me by surprise. I have a great relationship with coach [Will] Muschamp, coach [D.J.] Durkin and coach [Dan] Quinn and this is where I wanted to go,” McMillian said. “It’s close to home -- it's right in my back yard.”

Florida’s third verbal commitment for the 2013 class said that he plans to enroll early at Florida, but will likely take other visits.

“I’ll probably take some visits, but I’ve pretty much made up my mind,” McMillian said. "This is where I want to play for the next three 3-4 years."

McMillian, who stands 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds, joins five-star defensive tackle Caleb Brantley and four-star running back Adam Lane as 2013 Florida verbal commits.
 6 years ago '05        #451
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
GAINESVILLE – On Thursday morning, after putting the finishing touches on the class of 2012, Florida coach Will Muschamp turned his attention to the 2013 class.

"Gotta recruit everyday. Already working on 2013 class. Go #Gators!" he tweeted.

By dinner, that class had two more recruits. Tallahassee Lincoln LB James Hearns became the second junior prospect to give a verbal commitment to Florida on Thursday. Jacksonville First Coast LB Daniel McMillian had committed to Florida a week ago but waited to announce until after National Signing Day.
"Florida's a good academic school and it's a good football program. They're trying to get bigger at linebacker so I see a good opportunity for me to come in and make an impact," said Hearns, who is 6-foot-3, 235 pounds.

Hearns is the fourth player committed to Florida in the class. Aside from McMillian, the Gators also have commitments from Winter Haven RB Adam Lane and Crescent City DT Caleb Brantley.

Getting his commitment done early was important for Hearns, who is one of several prospects in Lincoln's junior class. The school won a Class 4A state championship in 2010 before going 9-2 last season. Coach Yusuf Shakir said the handful of college-bound players he has on his team agreed to get commitments out of the way to focus on the season.

"They only signed like two linebackers on signing day. I was like, that's a great opportunity to for me," said Hearns. "I can focus on me and focus on my team."

The Gators' defensive system was also important, playing in both 4-3 and 3-4 fronts. Lincoln uses a 3-4 front, and Hearns said that should help him at Florida.

"He started playing basketball and he was so much bigger than a lot of kids. He kind of got to football a little later," said Shakir. "He's a natural, with football he sees things very easily.

"He's a hitter. He's a hitter. Sometimes in practice I gotta pull him out, especially when a lot of my younger kids get in practice."

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #452
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Five-star running back Kelvin Taylor (Belle Glades, Fla./Glades Day) verbally committed to Florida on Saturday morning to set an early tone for the most successful junior day in Gators history.

Florida added verbal commitments from five-star defensive back Nick Washington, linebacker Quinton Powell and wide receiver Rodney Adams to bring its class of 2013 to a total of eight prospects. Seven are on the ESPNU 150 Watch List.

Taylor's father, Fred, was an All-American at Florida in the mid-90s.

Kelvin Taylor, who surpassed Emmitt Smith as the all-time leading rusher in the state of Florida this past season with 9,698 yards, said Florida is where he feels best.

"They just have a great program and great coaching staff. I feel so comfortable around their coaching staff," Taylor said. "It's closer to home and they have great tradition."

Originally, Taylor was planning to wait until national signing day to make his decision, but after careful consideration he decided to end the process early.

"I just wanted to go ahead and get it out of the way," Taylor said. "I felt more comfortable at Florida, and I wanted to focus more on my high school career, so I just wanted to get it done with. I also want to enroll in January, so that's another reason I decided to make the decision early."

The presence of Taylor's father led some to believe Florida had the inside track on Kelvin's recruitment from the beginning. Kelvin said that wasn't the case.

"It was really close between Alabama and Florida," he said. "The more I kept going up there to visit Bama and UF, I just felt more at home at UF with the coaching staff. They are great guys, and I felt like I was part of the family. It was the same at Bama. I really liked it there, but the UF coaching staff is a really great group of guys, and UF has a great academic program also."

Taylor said his dad never pushed him to go to Florida.

"My dad has been a great help," he said. "He just told me to pick the best school and pick the school that I love. He just told me to stay focused and keep working hard and everything else will come. But he and my mom and family have all been a great help through the process."

The elder Taylor said he wanted to help guide his son, but ultimately it was Kelvin's decision, and he would be the one spending the next few years at whichever college he chose.

"In all actuality, it wasn't forced on me and when I look at it, I go, man, I don't want to just make his decision for him, then he gets to a certain place and he's miserable for those four, five years and then we're having a problem," Fred Taylor said. "I want him to be able to make his decision and go through it and deal with it and learn from it.

"You have to really be able to make a decision and live with it and learn from it whether it's good or bad. That's my whole viewpoint on it at all -- stay back and let him decide."

In addition to Kelvin Taylor, the Gators have another running back commitment from four-star back Adam Lane (Winter Haven, Fla./Winter Haven). Taylor believes Florida probably won't take another back in this recruiting class.

"I think probably after me, they aren't going to get anymore running backs," Taylor said. "I think."

Taylor was one of several top prospects attending Florida's junior day. He said he will be busy trying to get other players to join him next year.

"I'm going to try and recruit all of them," Taylor said. "We are going to try and get this program back up to a powerhouse, back like how it was in '97 and '08 in those years and try to win us a national championship when it's all over with."

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #453
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Florida picked up a commitment from four-star wide receiver Rodney Adams, according to ESPN’s Derek Tyson.

Adams, the Gators' second verbal of the day, committed to Will Muschamp at Florida’s Junior Day, pushing UF’s number of 2013 commitments to six.

Adams plays high school ball for Lakewood in St. Petersburg, Fla., the same school where current Gator Dante Fowler played. While Fowler signing with UF made Adams more comfortable with his decision, he told ESPN’s Derek Tyson that he had decided to commit to Florida before Fowler made the switch.

At 6’1", 170 pounds, Adams uses his speed to create space and make plays down field. In an interview with ESPN, Adams said offensive coordinator Brent Pease "told me I would be a deep threat down field. He said they want to use my speed to get down the field and create plays. He said I will have a big role in the offense."

Adams’ commitment gives Florida three offensive players in the Class of 2013 and its first wide receiver. He checks in at No. 234 in the Rivals250.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #454
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Mainland's athletic, do-it-all defensive stalwart Quinton Powell has committed to play for the Florida Gators.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Powell picked the Gators over early offers from Florida State, Clemson, Purdue, Miami, USF, Vanderbilt and about 10 other schools. Powell, ranked No. 7 in the Sentinel's 2013 Florida Top 100 has an explosive burst off the ball and the quickness not seen in a lot of linebackers/defensive ends.

Reached by phone in Gainesville on Saturday afternoon, Powell tried to answer questions as well-wishers offered congratulations in the background.

"I really am happy," said Powell, who attended Saturday's junior day event with his father. "Just the fact that I felt at home ... that was the main thing that I was looking for and I feel right at home here. I was looking for a family and I found it right here. ... plus, I've always been Gator fan."

Powell said he learned plenty about the recruiting process as he watched friend and teammate Leonard Williams go through it before the big defensive end signed with Southern Cal on signing day.

"That whole process was really stressful to him and to a certain degree he had a lot to do with why I wanted to get this done early," Powell said. "I wanted to avoid all of that my senior year and have all of my ducks in order."

Powell, who had 105 tackles, 14 sacks and 50 quarterback hurries for the Class 8A semifinalist, said he would like to graduate early in December, but at this point is not sure how he stands with regards to an early departure.

He is the third player to commit to the Gators today, as Belle Glade Glades Day RB Kelvin Taylor and St. Petersburg Lakewood WR Rodney Adams have also committed, giving the Gators seven early pledges to the 2013 class.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #455
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Make it a pair of Jacksonville prospects committed to the Florida Gators.

Trinity Christian defensive back Nick Washington pledged to UF while visiting the campus for the school's junior day on Saturday.

"I love it there," Washington said. "I have a great relationship with the coaches. I'd love to play early and they think I can play cornerback or safety. I don't mind playing either one."

The 6-foot, 180-pound Washington joins First Coast linebacker Daniel McMillian as two of Florida's eight commitments. He chose UF over Florida State, Alabama, Auburn and Clemson.

Rivals.com ranks Washington as a four-star prospect and the nation's 94th-overall recruit. He was named a Times-Union All-First Coast first-team selection after scoring 11 touchdowns and intercepting two passes last season for the Conquerors.

"He's an all-around great kid," Trinity Christian coach Verlon Dorminey said. "He's got a great family. He does great in school and he's a great athlete. He's started for us since his eighth grade year. He just has all of the physical tools."

Washington will be the first Trinity Christian player to play for Florida since safety Guss Scott (2000-03). He's also a dynamic baseball player as an outfielder and will play both sports for the Gators.

Washington stated he will not enroll early and was pretty sure he would not take any official visits to other schools.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #456
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
A great recruiting day for Florida got even better on Saturday night when the Gators landed linebacker Dillan Lawson from Crestview (Fla.) Crestview HS.

The 6-foot-4, 215-pound athlete posted on Facebook: "Just left the University of Florida in Gainesville. And yes I committed to be a Gator."

Lawson, joins Quinton Powell, James Hearns and Daniel McMillian in Florida's linebacker class.

Florida now has five verbal commitments on junior day and nine overall for its class of 2013.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #457
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
South Sumter safety Keanu Neal committed to Florida on Saturday night, becoming the sixth player to commit to the Gators during the second junior day event in Gainesville.

The 6-foot, 204-pound Neal, sent a text message confirming his intentions. He picked the Gators over offers from UCF, USF, Duke, Georgia Tech, Kentucky and South Carolina.

Neal just received his Florida offer on Monday and said he did not have a commitment timetable for his recruiting process. The trip on Saturday overwhelmed him enough, however, to pull the trigger.

Keanu later posted on his Facebook account, "Committed to the University of Florida..! Go Gators!"

On Monday, Neal said he was surprised at the phone call.
“Actually yes I was. Brian White called me up and then he handed the phone to Coach Will Muschamp,” Neal said. “It felt great to have a good school like that calling and offering me. Florida is on top right now.

As a junior, Neal had 151 tackles (68 solo, 83 a.ssists), four interceptions, one of which he returned 20 yards for a touchdown, as well as four forced fumbles, five pass deflections and one offensive touchdown as a goal-line fullback.

6 years ago '10        #458
kNOLES 
space
space
Not many gators on this board...last few posts have been all you.
 5 years ago '05        #459
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
DeMarcus Robinson just committed to Florida.

1. DeMarcus Robinson
2. Ahmad Fullwod
3. Alvin Bailey
4. Marqui Hawkins
5. Chris Thompson

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #460
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Matt Rolin of Briar Woods decommits from South Carolina, will play for Florida
By Jonas Shaffer

Briar Woods senior linebacker Matt Rolin, the AA Dulles District’s Division 4 defensive player of the year and one of the area’s top recruits, has decommitted from South Carolina and will play at Florida next season, he announced Sunday on Twitter.

“Going back on my word is something I never imagined myself doing and it hurts me to do it, but in end I have do what’s best for me,” he wrote. He added: “I have officially committed to THE University of #Florida. I will be wearing #9 as I continue to chase my dreams at #Florida.”

A 2013 Under Armour All-American Game selection and four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Rolin missed the Falcons’ run to a third straight Virginia AA Division 4 title with a season-ending knee injury.

After committing in May to South Carolina, from which both of his parents graduated, Rolin reopened his recruitment following an official visit to Florida in late November. He grew close with Gators coaches Will Muschamp and D.J. Durkin, Falcons Coach Charlie Pierce said Sunday night, and felt greater comfort in the Gators’ more traditional defensive system.

His mind made up, Rolin called the Florida staff Friday night, and Pierce on Sunday afternoon.

“Over the last month or so, I think it’s been a gradual thing,” Pierce said of Rolin’s change of heart. “It’s been building.”

The 6-foot-4, 215-pound standout had successful surgery Tuesday, forcing him to miss Briar Woods’ latest championship, but Pierce said Rolin’s doctor expects him to eventually return to full strength.

One way or another, he could be on the move soon enough. Rolin was fast-tracking his high school graduation to enroll at South Carolina a semester early, but Pierce was unsure of how his senior’s new destination would alter those plans.

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
146 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
15 comments
1 day ago