Florida Gators

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
194 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #421
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,683 | Props total: 507 507
Growing up with second cousin and former Gator star Brandon Spikes gave Rhaheim Ledbetter a deep connection to the Florida football team.

Friday morning, the Shelby, N.C., Crest safety followed in his cousin's footsteps and gave UF it's 14th verbal commitment to the Class of 2012.

"I fell in love with the place when I got down there," he said of a Junior Day visit in February. "I've always dreamed of being a Gator.

"I had the Gators in mind the whole time. They were going to be in my top five (college choices) anyway, but when I took that visit and saw the place, it's crazy. That's why I'm a Gator."

Ledbetter grew up with Spikes and went to the same high school as the ex-Gator middle linebacker, who now plays for the New England Patriots.

"We're real close," Ledbetter said. "I know he's happy for me. He never pressured me. He just told me that they were going to work me down at Florida and give me a chance to play in the NFL.

Ledbetter, 5-foot-11 and 200 pounds, is rated a four-star prospect by 247Sports and was given three stars by Rivals and Scout.

He visited campus with Crest teammate Jonathan Bullard, a five-star defensive tackle, who is also seriously considering the Gators.

"Me and Bullard, we see each other as brothers," Ledbetter said. "We have always wanted to play together, but his options are still in the air."

Some have thought Ledbetter and Bullard to be a package deal, but those situations don't often play out the way close friends originally intend. Now that he's gotten his own decision out of the way, however, Ledbetter says he will be recruiting for the orange and blue.

"I'm going to be talking, trying to get into Jonathan Bullard's ear a lot," he said. "And a lot more, like (Melbourne, Fla., safety) Marcus Maye. Just try to be a big-time recruiter for the upcoming class."

Ledbetter, who says he hasn't made up his mind about taking official visits this fall, is a strong safety who says he looks to deliver hits.

"Coach (Will) Muschamp likes the physicality I bring," he said. "(The coaches) were saying they were going to need a hard-hitting safety, a physical safety to get in there and play for them, and that's what they're going to get."

Ledbetter's high school coach, Mark Lawrence, agrees.

"He's as physical a football player as I've ever coached, and I'm talking about any player," Lawrence said. "He's a good tackler. He runs well. He's strong. His effort level is always high. He's a great preparer.

"We talk about how it's a physical sport, a contact sport, a collision sport, but he actually likes that part of it. You don't have to encourage him."

[video - click to view]

Dude out here head hunting. Miami & FSU better get their prospects from out of state because Muschamp is not playing. He will go to your state and get your best players.
 6 years ago '11        #422
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,631 | Props total: 501 501
 Lil Jay 05 said:
Growing up with second cousin and former Gator star Brandon Spikes gave Rhaheim Ledbetter a deep connection to the Florida football team.

Friday morning, the Shelby, N.C., Crest safety followed in his cousin's footsteps and gave UF it's 14th verbal commitment to the Class of 2012.

"I fell in love with the place when I got down there," he said of a Junior Day visit in February. "I've always dreamed of being a Gator.

"I had the Gators in mind the whole time. They were going to be in my top five (college choices) anyway, but when I took that visit and saw the place, it's crazy. That's why I'm a Gator."

Ledbetter grew up with Spikes and went to the same high school as the ex-Gator middle linebacker, who now plays for the New England Patriots.

"We're real close," Ledbetter said. "I know he's happy for me. He never pressured me. He just told me that they were going to work me down at Florida and give me a chance to play in the NFL.

Ledbetter, 5-foot-11 and 200 pounds, is rated a four-star prospect by 247Sports and was given three stars by Rivals and Scout.

He visited campus with Crest teammate Jonathan Bullard, a five-star defensive tackle, who is also seriously considering the Gators.

"Me and Bullard, we see each other as brothers," Ledbetter said. "We have always wanted to play together, but his options are still in the air."

Some have thought Ledbetter and Bullard to be a package deal, but those situations don't often play out the way close friends originally intend. Now that he's gotten his own decision out of the way, however, Ledbetter says he will be recruiting for the orange and blue.

"I'm going to be talking, trying to get into Jonathan Bullard's ear a lot," he said. "And a lot more, like (Melbourne, Fla., safety) Marcus Maye. Just try to be a big-time recruiter for the upcoming class."

Ledbetter, who says he hasn't made up his mind about taking official visits this fall, is a strong safety who says he looks to deliver hits.

"Coach (Will) Muschamp likes the physicality I bring," he said. "(The coaches) were saying they were going to need a hard-hitting safety, a physical safety to get in there and play for them, and that's what they're going to get."

Ledbetter's high school coach, Mark Lawrence, agrees.

"He's as physical a football player as I've ever coached, and I'm talking about any player," Lawrence said. "He's a good tackler. He runs well. He's strong. His effort level is always high. He's a great preparer.

"We talk about how it's a physical sport, a contact sport, a collision sport, but he actually likes that part of it. You don't have to encourage him."

Dude out here head hunting. Miami & FSU better get their prospects from out of state because Muschamp is not playing. He will go to your state and get your best players.

Fsu already into n*ggas backyard. Ga, Nc, bama, I wouldnt be surprised if we got a stud iraq rt
 6 years ago '05        #423
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Long favoring the Florida Gators, four-star safety Marcus Maye (Melbourne, FL) made his decision final on Monday, announcing that he is the newest member of the team’s 2012 recruiting class.

Considered the No. 7 safety in the country by Rivals, Maye pushed aside overtures from Florida State to accept Florida’s scholarship offer. The No. 13-ranked safety according to ESPNU, he is the second player at his position to commit to the Gators in the last four days. Three-star Rhaheim Ledbetter (Boiling Springs, NC) gave his pledge to Florida on Friday.

A big fan of head coach Will Muschamp and defensive backs coach Travaris Robinson, Maye believes that being a member of the new regime’s first full recruiting class with the Gators will give him the best chance to succeed in the long run.

“Coach Muschamp is a defensive guy and Coach Robinson is an energetic coach which I like,” he said. “He’ll make me the best player I can be so I’m excited about Gainesville.”

He visited the University of Florida on Monday and was accompanied by his mother, other members of his family and his high school coach.

Florida now boasts a 15-player 2012 class and have commitments from a total of four defensive backs. The Gators hope to add to their bounty at the conclusion of the Friday Night Lights showcase at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium on July 22.

Will Muschamp strikes again.
 6 years ago '05        #424
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
I'm going to update this thread with out current commitments so far this year. I know a missed a good number of them.

Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 07-25-2011 at 01:10 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #425
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
According to multiple sources including Rivals, wide receiver Latroy Pittman (Citra, FL) has committed to the Gators.

In an interview with the Ocala Star-Banner back in June, Pittman said that he received a scholarship offer from head coach Urban Meyer after visiting the University of Florida for a football camp one week prior.

“[Getting an offer] was exciting. Something I’ve been waiting for for a long time,” Pittman told the paper. “We set up a date after July 4th to sit down and talk about it again. […] I believe [I will commit] over the summer when my mom and dad go back with me. Growing up around the Gators – I always knew I wanted to play in the orange and blue.”

At the time, Pittman said he was “really leaning toward” committing to Florida and that “it’s been my dream to play there since I was three.”

Read more:

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 07-25-2011 at 09:20 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #426
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Just hours after three-star defensive end Clay Burton officially announced his commitment to the Florida Gators, 2012 defensive tackle recruit Omari Phillips (Venice, FL) followed suit. According to Rivals, Phillips has made his intention to play for the University of Florida known after heavy consideration and some influence from two very close friends.

“I made it official today and committed. I am a Gator,” Phillips told Rivals‘ Chris Nee. “They were my leader for a while, but the main reason I did it today is because when I moved to Venice me, Clay and Trey [Burton], I lived with them for a while during the summer time and me and Clay always talked about how if we got the same offer, that we wanted to go to the same school. He committed today and I committed today too. [...] They are like brothers to me. I can’t wait to keep playing alongside them.”

Recruited by both a.ssistant head coach defense/defensive line Dan McCarney and offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Steve Addazio, the high school junior sports a 6’6″, 270 lb. frame and can play on both sides of the ball (though he prefers defense).

Phillips, a member of the ESPNU 150 Watch List, has received offers from well over a dozen other schools including Alabama, Miami, Florida State and Tennessee.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #427
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
SEFFNER — Florida has been in desperate need of signing a big time running back. On Wednesday they took a big step in fulfilling that need. Matt Jones (6-3/210, Seffner/ Armwood HS) verbally committed to Florida on Saturday, but made his decision public on Wednesday at a ceremony at the Armwood High School field house.
“I chose the University of Florida because I love the coaching staff and I love some of the players on the team. Gator Country felt like home to me,” Jones said. “I truly believe that I will rock the Gator Nation. By getting this commitment behind me now, I can give all my attention to my academics and football. I have just recently been selected as a captain for my team here at Armwood. I do not want to come up short again in the state championship. I’m not only committed to the University of Florida, but also to Armwood. We will not be denied two years in a row. I’m looking forward to all of the challenges that will be set in front of me.”
Jones attended Florida’s Junior Day this past Saturday and came away very impressed with all of the new coaches.
“I got to meet and talk with the new tight end’s coach (Derek Lewis), and coach (Brian) White. I also had a chance to talk with Charlie Weis and coach (Will) Muschamp” Jones said. “We just talked about how they would use me in their offense, and how they are only taking two running backs in this class. I just loved everything about it; I decided that is where I wanted to be.
“I felt that Muschamp and I had a great vibe. Derek Lewis is an exciting guy to be around. He came up to me and did the chomp and I knew where he was coming from. Brian White told me I can be a runner just like Ron Dayne.
“They told me they need a big back for their pro-style offense and they need a big guy to come in and run the ball downhill.
Jones is the No. 1 player on the Gator Country Top 50 players in the state. Jones helped lead the Armwood Hawks to the class 4A state title game. Jones led the Hawks with 1,300 yards rushing and 23 touchdowns during the regular season; he also added 209 receiving yards and another three touchdowns.

Read more:

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #428
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
nce again the Florida Gators have reached into DeKalb County to snag a running back.

Mike Davis, a budding star at Stone Mountain’s Stephenson High School, committed to the Gators on Saturday while touring the Gainesville, Fla., campus with several of his teammates.

“I’m standing in The Swamp right now,” said Davis, referring to Florida’s Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. “I’m standing on the F. This is great.”

Davis was asked why he felt compelled to go ahead commit with nearly a year to go until national signing day 2012.

“I just felt at home here,” he said. “I talked to all the coaches and they told me everything I needed to know about the school and their system. So I wanted to go ahead and make my mind up and get on with it.”

About a year ago, the Gators grabbed AJC Super 11 running back Mack Brown out of DeKalb County’s M.L. King High. Brown had three carries for 23 yards in two games as a true freshman last season.

“Oh yeah, I talked to him today,” Davis said of Brown. “He’s from Atlanta, too. We talked about all the running backs that are here and about the pro-style system they’re switching up. It was good.”

Davis’ choice of Florida comes as somewhat of a surprise since the the Gators only recently received a commitment from one of the top running back prospects in the nation for the Class of 2012. Matt Jones of Seffner, Fla., long thought to be a Georgia lean, committed to Florida instead two weeks ago.

“It doesn’t bother me at all,” Davis said of Jones also heading to Florida. “I’m glad he’s coming here. It takes more than one running back for a team to be successful.”

Davis (5-foot-11, 185 pounds) knows all about sharing the load. He’s had to do that the last two seasons at Stephenson behind Raymond Sanders, now at Kentucky, and Willie Davis, who signed with South Florida earlier this month.

In fact, that’s one of the reasons teams were at first slow to notice Davis. Willie Davis was the starter and got the majority of the carries but Mike Davis still managed 1,200 yards rushing and 14 touchdowns. Out of that he was able to put together a spectacular highlight video, which has made its rounds on the Internet the last month.

Now Davis has become a highly-sought-after prospect by his own right. The younger brother of former Clemson star James Davis, Mike has received 16 scholarship offers since the second week of January, including Auburn, Clemson, FSU, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Maryland, Memphis, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Penn State, South Carolina, South Florida, USF and Vanderbilt.

Davis said he no longer plans to entertain their overtures.

“I don’t know,” he said. “I don’t plan to take anymore visits.”

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #429
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Pinellas Park's Jeremi Powell decided to put an end to the recruiting process by committing to Florida while in Gainesville for the school's junior day on Saturday.
"It was just an unbelievable experience being up there," Powell said. "I was up there with my mom and that's all we could talk about on our way back."
Powell's recruiting had picked up speed with offers from Purdue, Iowa State, Florida, South Carolina and USF the past three weeks. But he had his heart set on playing for the Gators. Powell's mother was born in Jacksonville and he has family in Live Oak.
"Florida is close to my family," Powell said. "I couldn't believe it when Florida offered me. But I didn't want to make the decision until I went up there on a visit. The coaches were great, and I just felt like I fit in right away."
Powell is versatile athlete who shined as a receiver and linebacker this past season with the Patriots. He had offers to play both positions. But he will be strictly a linebacker with the Gators.
"I kind of had a feeling I would be playing on the defensive side of the ball in college," Powell said. "I don't mind that at all. I'm just thrilled to know I'll be playing for Florida."
Powell is the third county player from the Class of 2012 to commit to an in-state Division 1-A school, joining Lakewood's Dante Fowler (FSU) and Countryside's Gray Crow (Miami).

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #430
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
If Jessamen Dunker takes hold of his senior season at Boynton Beach the way he’s taken hold of his recruitment, the Florida Gators are going to have a big-time player on their hands.

Dunker
Monday evening, the massive lineman (6-foot-6, 315) sent a text message to reporters announcing his commitment to Florida. When reached via phone, Dunker reiterated what he’s said throughout the process: Florida feels like home.

“It wasn’t hard of a choice after I really thought about it,” Dunker said. “It’s a comfort level with the coaches, the atmosphere there and the support the sports teams get, the experience that the coaching staff has.”

Dunker said he’s sure of his decision, and that while he’s enjoyed the attention that comes with the recruiting process, he decided it was right to call the race early.

“I figured I shouldn’t keep people waiting,” Dunker said, referring to his family, friends and fans who follow college football recruiting. “My commitment allows me to focus on my schoolwork.”

Dunker, who has more than 20 Div. I offers, recently named Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn and LSU as his top five. He said he will still take his five official visits. He visited Florida, Auburn and Georgia last week over spring break.

The metro-Atlanta native said he enjoyed his visits to those schools — especially Georgia — but he visited Florida prior to last week and named the Gators as his early leader several weeks ago. On Monday he informed his parents, Boynton Beach coaches and UF coaches of his decision. He said Florida wide receivers coach Aubrey Hill, who handled much of his recruitment, was especially pleased.

“They were really excited,” Dunker said. “Soon as I told Coach Hill about it, he started screaming and yelling.”

Dunker, who will play offensive and defensive tackle this season to increase his stamina, says he’s a better run-blocker than pass protector right now. His goals for the summer are to increase his stamina and his pass-protection skills.

He likes the lineup Florida has, and hopes to earn early playing time.
“They definitely need OTs,” Dunker said. “That’s a good look for me.”

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #431
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Stephenson defensive tackle Jafar Mann on Friday became the second player from his school to commit to the Florida Gators. And if he has anything to do with it he won’t be the last.

The 6-foot-4, 285-pound rising senior joined running back teammate Mike Davis in pledging Florida. The Gators are also in hot pursuit of Stephenson defensive end Jarontay Jones and linebacker Raphael Kirby. All four players have in excess of a dozen scholarship offers apiece so far.

Mann said there is a chance all four players will play together at Florida. “I’d say it’s a strong possibility,” he said.

These things can definitely seem subject to momentum. Mann admitted that Davis, who was the first to commit to the Gators on Feb. 19, definitely helped sway him toward UF. And they, in turn, plan to work on their teammates.

“He was an influence, yeah,” Mann said of Davis. “He’s our running back and we’ve been playing together a long time. It was a factor.”

Mann, who starts on both lines for the Jagaurs, will play defensive tackle for the Gators. He held offers from both Georgia and Georgia Tech. But, in the end, neither were strong candidates for his services.

“Georgia, I feel like Georgia waited too late,” said Mann, who had 20 offers in all. “They offered me two weeks after Florida, so I didn’t feel like they were as interested. Tech actually offered me before Florida, but I wanted to get out of Georgia. They’re both good teams but I really wanted to go out of state.”

More than anything, Mann is glad about putting the recruiting process behind him.

“It feels really nice,” he said. “I think I had my mind made up for a while. I just needed to sit back a while and think about it and make sure it was the right decision. I definitely think it’s the best place for me.”

There were a couple of reasons for Mann making the decision on Friday. One, he wanted to be done with the recruiting process so he could concentrate on academics and preparing for his senior season. And two, March 25th happens to be the birthday of Mateo Mann. Committing on Friday, Mann said, was a way to honor his father on the occasion of turning 53.

“He was really happy about that,” Mann said.

You can bet new Florida coach Will Muschamp is, too. The Georgia native now has two Peach-staters committed a year after getting shut out by his home state in recruiting. The Gators now have seven overal commitments for 2012.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #432
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Quinteze Williams figured he'd end up in the SEC, but it wasn't his home state Bulldogs that landed the Tyrone (Ga.) defensive tackle.

Williams verbally committed to Florida on Wednesday, bypassing Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, Ole Miss and Kentucky.

"It just felt like home," Williams said Wednesday night. "Of course, who would not want to commit to one of the most prestigious schools out there?"

Williams said Georgia joined his recruitment late, and that Florida's new coaches made a strong impression. Secondary coach Travaris Robinson was his primary recruiter, and Williams said he liked Will Muschamp when he took an unofficial visit a month or two ago.

"I loved it," said Williams. "He's starting to recruit more people out of Georgia."

Williams is the second DT from the Peach State to commit to the Gators in the past week. Stone Mountain's JaFar Mann gave his verbal commitment on Friday. Stone Mountain running back Mike Davis also committed to the Gators class of 2012.

Williams, who is 6-foot-5, 255 pounds, said he feels comfortable playing in multiple defenses. Muschamp and his staff have said they will run a 4-3 scheme with some 3-4 mixed in.

"(Muschamp) stressed how important I was to their scheme," Williams said. "I think that's right up my alley. I see myself as a versatile player.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #433
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Willie Bailey stirred up a little bit of a frenzy on Gators and Hurricanes message boards across the state this morning when it slowly leaked out that the talented Hallandale High cornerback had decommitted from Miami and committed to Florida.

In what became one of the first battles in the recruiting war between new UM coach Al Golden and his staff and new UF coach Will Muschamp and his, the Gators came out on top and there were several aspects involved in Bailey’s decision.

Ads By Google
Free Cell Phone Ringtones
No Catch, No Cost, No Fees. 100% Free Ringtones Forever!

Miami Jobs
Browse technical Miami jobs. Upload your resume & get noticed!

“It all started off from our wide receiver from Hallandale who went up to UF,” Bailey said Monday of Frankie Hammond, a 2009 UF signee in the Urban Meyer era who was actually suspended from the football team last summer after a DUI arrest. His scholarship was taken away, but eventually he gained it back.

Hammond caught 22 passes for 276 yards and two touchdowns as a redshirt sophomore last year

“I was on an unofficial visit and I was looking around because I was starting to get to know the new coaching staff and everyone a little better,” Bailey said. “I was up there at the (Florida) Relays and was talking to my friend on the track team about it.”

Another factor that played a role, although Bailey said it wasn’t a huge role, is that former Miami receivers coach Aubrey Hill has taken a similar position at Florida. Hill was recruiting Bailey for the Hurricanes until he left to join Muschamp’s staff.

Hill was also recruiting coordinator at Miami.

“Coach Hill kind of played a role, but not that much,” Bailey said. “I already had a close bond with him. He was very happy when he heard the news.”

The 6-foot-2, 165-pound Bailey, who had 81 tackles, two interceptions, four blocked kicks and two kickoff returns for touchdowns last season, committed to the ‘Canes in September. His commitment to Florida gives the Gators nine pledges to the 2012 class.

Bailey said it really came down to his relationship with the Florida coaches that changed his mind. He said UM coaches had rarely called him and he did all the contacting in their communications. Some of that, however, was per NCAA rules and the contact period.

“I have a close relationship with all the coaches,” Bailey said of UF. “And pretty much the same as Miami, but UF was a little bit more in contact with me. But it was basically getting out and experiencing other things. At UF I’ll be playing on a big stage in the SEC and there are a lot of fans watching and it’s a place that can prepare me for the next level.”

Bailey knows his 165-pound frame will need to gain some bulk.

“I hope to be 180 to 190 before I get there, if I can get it done,” Bailey said.

Bailey said he has a 2.91 GPA and is still contemplating an early departure from high school.

“Not sure yet,” he said. “I have to talk it over with my coach, my family and my guidance counselor."

And as for gaining college admission, "I’m on track with that. I make sure of it," he said.

Also showing interest in Bailey are Florida State, USF, FIU, FAU, Tennessee, Colorado, LSU and Wisconsin. He said he is unsure if he will be taking any official visits elsewhere this fall.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #434
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Thompson who stands at 6-foot-4, 255-pounds, looks like the perfect TE for Charlie Weis. He prides himself on his ability to block, but is also very good in the passing game. Thompson is currently listed as the 3rd best TE in the nation on Scout.com, and 4th best on 24/7 sports. A TE like Thompson, would be a departure from the Aaron Hernandez type TEs, that we've seen Florida go after recently. Thompson is not a WR, who can block a little, he's a big bodied guy, who would certainly help in the running game.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #435
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
The Florida Gators continue to bolster their secondary under Will Muschamp and the new coaching staff.

They received a call earlier today from Brian Poole, a four-star cornerback prospect from Bradenton, Fla, who committed to the Gators. Geoff Vogt, a Florida Recruiting Analyst for Scout.com, regarded Poole as "one of the most explosive athletes in the state."

In an interview with InsidetheGators.com, Poole said the coaching staff was excited about his commitment.

"I called Florida today and committed," said Poole. "I called Coach [Travaris] Robinson and told him and he was so amped up and excited about me coming."

Poole will bring an immediate impact to the Gators' secondary when he arrives on campus in 2012.

It's a unit for the Gators that could be the weakest spot on the defense in 2011 with the departure of Ahmad Black, Janoris Jenkins and Will Hill.

Because of that, Muschamp is heavily concentrating on defensive backs in this year's class and Poole noticed that Muschamp and the staff treated him like he was a top priority.

Poole, who had Florida as his leader for much of the recruiting process, credited Muschamp's defensive scheme to what interested him in the Gators.

Poole is rated as the No. 2 rated cornerback prospect in 2012.
"The defense just fit me great personally," Poole added. "But also the school has so much tradition of winning and being a top program in the nation."

Poole plays both ways in high school, mainly as a running back and rushed for almost 1,000 yards his junior year. But Poole's size at 5'11", 187-pounds, projects him as a cornerback in college.

As a sophomore, Poole registered 65 tackles and four interceptions. He excels at jamming wide receivers on the line and being an aggressive presence in the secondary.

Poole's ability to run with the ball and set up his blockers as a running back is a huge a.sset for him.

This potentially means Poole can provide the big return following an interception.

Once 2012 comes around, Poole will be in line for a huge career at Florida and will look to carry the Gators back to the BCS Championship.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #436
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
The Florida Gators picked up their 12th commitment to the 2012 recruiting class Wednesday night, according to numerous Internet sources.

Lorenzo Phillips, a 6-foot-2, 210-pound linebacker committed to the Gators and he told GatorCountry.com, “I committed to Florida because I just enjoyed being around the coaches and meeting some of the players. I just felt at home at Florida.”
He also answered the obligatory question for a Louisiana players, what about LSU?

“I’m not going to visit there again, I’ve already been there," he told GatorCountry. “I’d like to get out of Louisiana.”

He is the 146th ranked player in the nation, according to Rivals.com, and he is the 15th-ranked linebacker in the country.

Phillips had 11 NCAA Division I-A offers, including LSU, Alabama and Tennessee.

According to TigerFan.com, Phillips originally committed to Texas A&M, but took a visit to LSU the next day and decommitted. It was just two weeks ago that TigerFan had Phillips pinned down to Texas A&M and LSU.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #437
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
On Tuesday, Bolinbrook, Ill., linebacker Antonio Morrison, a 6-foot-3, 220-pound linebacker, announced his verbal commitment to the University of Florida.

“It’s great to be a Florida Gator,” said Anthony Morrison, Antonio’s father. “Antonio called coach Muschamp and coach Young this morning to inform them he was committing to Florida. Coach Muschamp was extremely excited and said the Florida Gators are a better team because of Antonio.”

Morrison is the 16th commitment in the 2012 recruiting class for Florida and is the middle linebacker the coaching staff has been looking for.

“Coach Muschamp said Antonio was the middle linebacker he wanted in this class, and that he was done recruiting linebackers because he got the best one,” Morrison’s father said.

The Bolinbrook prospect has said Florida was his leader for a while now and was expected to be at Friday Night Lights, but a weight-lifting meet kept him from visiting and he instead visited this past weekend.
Morrison walked away knowing where he wanted to attend college.

“Antonio has liked Florida for a while, but when he made it down there this weekend he was treated great,” his father said. “He said players knew who he was and were coming up to him and introducing themselves to him, and the coaching staff made him feel at home. He wanted to commit this weekend, but he wanted to share the news back home first.”

Morrison said Florida was the school that recruited him the hardest and made him feel wanted the most.

“Coach Muschamp and coach Young have made it known to Antonio that he was wanted and wanted the most out of everyone,” his father said. “Coach Muschamp recruited Antonio himself, which was huge and showed how much he meant to Florida.”

With his commitment to the Gators, Morrison joins linebackers Jeremi Powell and Lorenzo Phillips in the Florida football recruiting class for 2012.
Morrison plans to early enroll at Florida in January.

Read more:

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #438
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
Will Muschamp doing his thing Now we invading the Midwest. DJ Humphries on Friday to cap the week :applause:
 6 years ago '05        #439
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
CHARLOTTE, NC – The Florida Gators added a key piece to their 2012 recruiting class on Friday night as five-star offensive lineman D.J. Humphries (Mallard Creek HS) chose the Gators over the Tennessee Volunteers. Humphries announced his decision at the Mallard Creek High School Auditorium.

“I chose Florida because I felt like the coaches would be there the whole time,” Humphries said. “It was a place I felt that was real low-key that felt like home. So I could see myself staying there for more than four years. I could see myself coming back there often, maybe even live there.”

Humphries said Florida linebacker coach D.J. Durkin was his main recruiter but also said the entire Florida staff played a part in his decision.

“He had a big influence on my decision because the whole coaching staff wasn’t trying to sell the school,” Humphries said. “They were just keeping it real. They were just putting the facts on the table, showing me depth charts, showing me the opportunity, showing me the playbook from Charlie Weis. They were just a school that kept it real with me the entire time, and that influenced my decision to go to Florida.”

Humphries, who actually informed head coach Will Muschamp on Aug. 3, Muschamp’s birthday, said he carries a 3.0 grade point average and scored a 960 on his SAT. He plans to enroll early at Florida.

Florida has commitments from several solid four-star players, but Humphries now becomes the cornerstone of a national top-five recruiting class.
So what type of player are the Gators getting?

“Florida is going to get a hard-nosed, hard-working guy,” Humphries said. “I’m from a background that puts me in a position to work harder. I feel like it’s something that I have to go get to be the best to be a freshman All-American. I’m going to bust my butt in the weight room and on and off the football field.”

Humphries becomes the third five-star offensive line commit from North Carolina for Florida since 2006 joining Carl Johnson (2006 - Durham) and Xavier Nixon (2009 - Fayetteville). Humphries said Nixon will be his host when he takes his official visit to Florida in October.

The 6-foot-6, 275-pound tackle is ranked as the No. 3 offensive line prospect and the No. 7 overall prospect in the country, according to the Gator Country composite rankings.
Humphries becomes verbal commitment No. 17 for new Florida head coach Will Muschamp and joins Jessamen Dunker (6-5/310, Boynton Beach/ Boynton Beach HS) as the other offensive line commit for the Gators.

Humphries is planning to take his official visit to Gainesville for the Oct. 1 showdown against Alabama.

Will Humphries take any other visits?
“Yeah I want to take all five official visits,” Humphries said. “I talked with coach Muschamp about it and made sure it was okay, though.”

Read more:

[video - click to view]

Will Muschamp not playing.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Lil Jay 05; 08-05-2011 at 06:46 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #440
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,595 | Props total: 8765 8765
LETS GO, anybody going to any game this year? cop some student tickets off my sister and use someones gator ID.
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
289 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago