Florida Gators

most viewed right now
 101
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 51
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 47
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 46
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #341
1000bluntz  OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,326 | Props total: 11369 11369
The inside skinny: a heavy dose of Percy


It has always been Urban Meyer’s contention that the team that practices well plays well. Therefore, from a theoretical standpoint the Florida Gators should be in for an exceptional ball game Saturday when they travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Vols (3:30 p.m., Neyland Stadium, CBS TV).

Although practices are closed and there was no media access Wednesday due to an electrical storm that forced the Gators to work out for awhile in the Stephen C. O’Connell Center, Gator Country has picked up a few bits and pieces of information from a couple of very good sources to share.

1. THREE STRAIGHT GREAT PRACTICES: Meyer has always contended that it’s extraordinarily rare that a team plays well after practicing poorly. Looking back on games past, there have been practice weeks in which the Gators had two exceptional practices and one mediocre or poor practice thrown in. This week, the practice tempo has been good, the focus has been exceptional and there has been lots of hustle on both sides of the ball.
Color Meyer very happy.

2. WHY TARTT’S RETURN IS HUGE: Getting Jim Tartt back in time for Tennessee is a huge lift for an offensive line that has had its share of struggles in the first two games. It has also been a huge relief for the offensive staff, who have seen the offense get back into a more familiar groove this week with Tartt back in the lineup. They started seeing it last week when Tartt began contact drills for the first time in months but they have been seeing it even more this week.

From a leadership standpoint, having Tartt back is a tremendous lift for the O-line. Among the three senior offensive linemen, Tartt is the vocal leader. He’s the guy that can get in the face of another lineman and say “pick up the slack” … well, he would probably say it in another way but you get the idea. He’s also a leader by example. He’s had three shoulder surgeries and has battled through some serious high ankle sprains in his Florida career but he’s never complained and always had that willingness to f!ght through the pain to get on the field. Mike Pouncey mentioned after Tuesday’s practice that Tartt was almost begging the coaches to let him play against Miami, but Florida’s training staff wasn’t ready to give Tartt the go-ahead to play. When a player wants to play that badly, it sends an emotional message to the rest of the team.

Tartt brings 29 starts of experience to the O-line and he plugs the one gap that was responsible for six blown a.ssignments and two false starts in the Miami game. Think about this for a second. That’s eight plays and the equivalent of two possessions down the tubes.

Then there is the trickle down effect of one position on the O-line malfunctioning and that was clearly evident in the Miami game. While the lack of production in the A-gap was costly, there were other missed a.ssignments and a good number of them were because others were having to compensate.

The chief beneficiaries of having Tartt back to his normal left guard position this week have been center Maurkice Pouncey and right guard Mike Pouncey. With Tartt in the lineup they can concentrate on their own a.ssignments rather than trying to handle their guy and peel back to help out because you have blitzers pouring through the A-gap.

3. A HEAVY DOSE OF PERCY: This won’t come as a shock to the Tennessee Vols because they’re already preparing for it, but Percy Harvin is fully functional with the offense now and that means a steady dose of Percy-cution Saturday in Knoxville. Now that he’s back in the offensive groove, expect Percy to get the ball in a variety of ways. We’ll see a lot of him at tailback as well as plenty of action at slot and wide receiver.

Against Miami, Harvin was quite limited because the offensive staff wasn’t going to try to get the ball to him with plays he hadn’t practiced. Meyer is such a stickler for ball security which means not putting the team in position to turn the ball over. Translation: if you haven’t practiced a play, you won’t have that play called for you in a game since bad timing is one of the chief causes of turnovers.

Last week, Harvin got lots and lots of reps and by the end of the week, the offensive staff was quite satisfied that the timing was back. Additionally, there was the good news that he went through full contact practices without soreness or pain in his heel.

This week, it has been a steady dose of Percy in practice and he’s ready to handle any situation. He’s handled the contact without any pain and from all reports, it’s like seeing the old Percy, only he’s faster and stronger than ever.

4. AND NO SMALL DOSE OF TEBOW: With the problems resolved on the offensive line and his most explosive weapon fully functional in the lineup, expect to see the old Tim Tebow. He’ll be the run-pass threat that he showed last year only expect him to be a bit more patient in the pocket and expect him to be looking for Percy Harvin.

In other words, expect to see the Tebow and Percy show Saturday.

5. ON SPECIAL TEAMS: Expect to see Levi Leigh in place of Cody Worton on the kickoff team. Worton went down with an ACL in the Miami game. Leigh is a walk-on senior from Niles, Ohio who has been impressive in special teams practices.

6. INJURY UPDATE: On the injury front, the Gators should be in great shape for Tennessee. The news may not be so good for Mo Hurt, whose latest shoulder stinger injury might be career threatening. He’s had the same injury several times and there are long term health concerns. There will be further evaluation and testing but it’s not looking good for the third-year sophomore from Milledgeville, Georgia.

If Hurt can’t go, that will put a premium on the development of James Wilson, who saw action off the bench at left guard against Miami in an attempt to plug the A-gap.

Could this also hasten the return of Ron Wilson?

There is some talk that the knee injury to Jim Barrie is extremely serious. Barrie tore an ACL back in August but apparently the damage was extensive.



Having Tartt back at on the OL should be huge boost for that unit. Can't wait until Saturday, I expect UT to play their hearts out but we just have too much for them to handle in the end I think. Percy should have a great game, can't wait to see him completely involved in the O.
 9 years ago '05        #342
randumb0 
space
avatar space
space
$789 | Props total: 1 1
 1000bluntz said:
The inside skinny: a heavy dose of Percy


It has always been Urban Meyer’s contention that the team that practices well plays well. Therefore, from a theoretical standpoint the Florida Gators should be in for an exceptional ball game Saturday when they travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Vols (3:30 p.m., Neyland Stadium, CBS TV).

Although practices are closed and there was no media access Wednesday due to an electrical storm that forced the Gators to work out for awhile in the Stephen C. O’Connell Center, Gator Country has picked up a few bits and pieces of information from a couple of very good sources to share.

1. THREE STRAIGHT GREAT PRACTICES: Meyer has always contended that it’s extraordinarily rare that a team plays well after practicing poorly. Looking back on games past, there have been practice weeks in which the Gators had two exceptional practices and one mediocre or poor practice thrown in. This week, the practice tempo has been good, the focus has been exceptional and there has been lots of hustle on both sides of the ball.
Color Meyer very happy.

2. WHY TARTT’S RETURN IS HUGE: Getting Jim Tartt back in time for Tennessee is a huge lift for an offensive line that has had its share of struggles in the first two games. It has also been a huge relief for the offensive staff, who have seen the offense get back into a more familiar groove this week with Tartt back in the lineup. They started seeing it last week when Tartt began contact drills for the first time in months but they have been seeing it even more this week.

From a leadership standpoint, having Tartt back is a tremendous lift for the O-line. Among the three senior offensive linemen, Tartt is the vocal leader. He’s the guy that can get in the face of another lineman and say “pick up the slack” … well, he would probably say it in another way but you get the idea. He’s also a leader by example. He’s had three shoulder surgeries and has battled through some serious high ankle sprains in his Florida career but he’s never complained and always had that willingness to f!ght through the pain to get on the field. Mike Pouncey mentioned after Tuesday’s practice that Tartt was almost begging the coaches to let him play against Miami, but Florida’s training staff wasn’t ready to give Tartt the go-ahead to play. When a player wants to play that badly, it sends an emotional message to the rest of the team.

Tartt brings 29 starts of experience to the O-line and he plugs the one gap that was responsible for six blown a.ssignments and two false starts in the Miami game. Think about this for a second. That’s eight plays and the equivalent of two possessions down the tubes.

Then there is the trickle down effect of one position on the O-line malfunctioning and that was clearly evident in the Miami game. While the lack of production in the A-gap was costly, there were other missed a.ssignments and a good number of them were because others were having to compensate.

The chief beneficiaries of having Tartt back to his normal left guard position this week have been center Maurkice Pouncey and right guard Mike Pouncey. With Tartt in the lineup they can concentrate on their own a.ssignments rather than trying to handle their guy and peel back to help out because you have blitzers pouring through the A-gap.

3. A HEAVY DOSE OF PERCY: This won’t come as a shock to the Tennessee Vols because they’re already preparing for it, but Percy Harvin is fully functional with the offense now and that means a steady dose of Percy-cution Saturday in Knoxville. Now that he’s back in the offensive groove, expect Percy to get the ball in a variety of ways. We’ll see a lot of him at tailback as well as plenty of action at slot and wide receiver.

Against Miami, Harvin was quite limited because the offensive staff wasn’t going to try to get the ball to him with plays he hadn’t practiced. Meyer is such a stickler for ball security which means not putting the team in position to turn the ball over. Translation: if you haven’t practiced a play, you won’t have that play called for you in a game since bad timing is one of the chief causes of turnovers.

Last week, Harvin got lots and lots of reps and by the end of the week, the offensive staff was quite satisfied that the timing was back. Additionally, there was the good news that he went through full contact practices without soreness or pain in his heel.

This week, it has been a steady dose of Percy in practice and he’s ready to handle any situation. He’s handled the contact without any pain and from all reports, it’s like seeing the old Percy, only he’s faster and stronger than ever.

4. AND NO SMALL DOSE OF TEBOW: With the problems resolved on the offensive line and his most explosive weapon fully functional in the lineup, expect to see the old Tim Tebow. He’ll be the run-pass threat that he showed last year only expect him to be a bit more patient in the pocket and expect him to be looking for Percy Harvin.

In other words, expect to see the Tebow and Percy show Saturday.

5. ON SPECIAL TEAMS: Expect to see Levi Leigh in place of Cody Worton on the kickoff team. Worton went down with an ACL in the Miami game. Leigh is a walk-on senior from Niles, Ohio who has been impressive in special teams practices.

6. INJURY UPDATE: On the injury front, the Gators should be in great shape for Tennessee. The news may not be so good for Mo Hurt, whose latest shoulder stinger injury might be career threatening. He’s had the same injury several times and there are long term health concerns. There will be further evaluation and testing but it’s not looking good for the third-year sophomore from Milledgeville, Georgia.

If Hurt can’t go, that will put a premium on the development of James Wilson, who saw action off the bench at left guard against Miami in an attempt to plug the A-gap.

Could this also hasten the return of Ron Wilson?

There is some talk that the knee injury to Jim Barrie is extremely serious. Barrie tore an ACL back in August but apparently the damage was extensive.



Having Tartt back at on the OL should be huge boost for that unit. Can't wait until Saturday, I expect UT to play their hearts out but we just have too much for them to handle in the end I think. Percy should have a great game, can't wait to see him completely involved in the O.
Bout time you posted some news where you been? Haha if Harvin gets carries at rb, there is no way Moore, Moody, Rainey and Demps all see the field on Saturday unless it's special teams.
 9 years ago '04        #343
1000bluntz  OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,326 | Props total: 11369 11369

[pic - click to view]

 09-23-2008, 07:10 PM         #344
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
caught the game against Tenn last sat....good performance by UF, u guys have dangerously fast players and their awareness is good....yall gonna be dangerous, props to yall.
 9 years ago '04        #345
1000bluntz  OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,326 | Props total: 11369 11369
Chandler wants to be a Gator


Todd Chandler plays football at Miami Northwestern High School which means he will play college football at the University of Miami. But, as Lee Corso would say “not so fast my friend!” Chandler may have other plans in store.

“I am really loving Florida right now,” the star junior defensive tackle said. “I like their swagger and winning attitude. I told Coach Urban Meyer that right now I want to be a Florida Gator, but I don’t want to commit just yet.”

According to the 6-0, 291-pounder the Gators are in the drivers seat even though many people thought he was a lock to be a Hurricane.

“Miami hasn’t offered me yet and even if they do, Florida still has an edge,” Chandler said. “Both Florida and Miami told me that they like me both on the field and off the field and they are going to stay in contact with me, but only Florida has lived up to their word. They both said they would offer me right away and only Florida did.”

Chandler likes the Gators so much that he has been hyping them up to his teammates at Northwestern. More specifically he has been talking to 2009 defensive back Tevin McCaskill and 2010 running back Corvin Lamb. According to Chandler both players are very interested in Florida.

“Everyday I’ve been telling Tevin how much I love Florida and he keeps telling me I am going to commit, but I want to wait,” Chandler said. “Then, the other day I was talking with Corvin about how all the top Northwestern 2010 kids should go to Florida and it would kind be like what the guys did in 2008 with Miami. We would start our own tradition.”

Whether that will end up happening remains to be seen, but one thing is for sure that Chandler and Lamb will be in Gainesville sometime soon.

“There is a chance that we are going up for the Ole Miss game,” Chandler said about him and Lamb. “We will definitely be there for the LSU game.”

The Gators took on Chandler’s hometown team, the Hurricanes a couple weeks ago and while he wasn’t able to attend he did watch the game on TV. He was very impressed with what he saw.

“I liked how both teams came out hard and Florida just kept pushing hard and not letting up,” Chandler said. “I really enjoyed watching the game.”

Chandler is yet to play this season as he has been recovering from a torn ACL injury. He said his rehab has been going well and expects to be back at 100% playing soon.

“I am working really hard in rehab and I expect to be back soon,” he said. “It has been tough not being able to play, but the team has made it easier on me by winning.”

The fact that Chandler thinks so highly of the Gators is a shock to many. Landing him would be a huge pull for the Gators, but there is still a long time between now and national signing day 2010.


Still don't buy this sh*t, hopefully he being genuine but I know he's probably full of sh*t until that Cane offer comes. We need to focus on Louis Nix outta Jacksonville, we probably have a much better shot at him and he's fu*king beastly.
 9 years ago '04        #346
1000bluntz  OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,326 | Props total: 11369 11369
@ this f*g**t Center on UT, what an embarrassment of a player:


[pic - click to view]

 9 years ago '04        #347
1000bluntz  OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,326 | Props total: 11369 11369
 P. Dedos said:
wheres that article from bluntz?
Gator Country. A lot of people are saying he's genuinely interested in us but I just don't see any ki d from MNW becoming a Gator. Although I do think we have a shot at Corvin Lamb.
 9 years ago '07        #348
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 1000bluntz said:
@ this f*g**t Center on UT, what an embarrassment of a player:


[pic - click to view]

Classic.

Urban make that happen...Get Chandler in the Building
 9 years ago '05        #349
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
avatar space
space
$54,061 | Props total: 6960 6960
 09-29-2008, 04:22 PM         #350
muhlhockey10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
go gaterssss
 9 years ago '05        #351
randumb0 
space
avatar space
space
$789 | Props total: 1 1
Any chance of Moody playing this Saturday?
 9 years ago '04        #352
1000bluntz  OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,326 | Props total: 11369 11369
An actual good article by that Mike Bianchi bi*ch:


When did it happen, Gator fans?

When did it reach a point where you became so persnickety and such perfectionists that you sucked the joy out of winning football games like a boa constrictor squeezes the life out of small rodents?

The reason I bring this up is because of all the conversation and consternation about Florida's offense and quarterback Tim Tebow in the aftermath of Saturday's embarrassing, humiliating 31-point, um, victory over Arkansas.

That's right, Florida went on the road, ran up more than 500 yards of offense and destroyed Arkansas 38-7 in a tune-up for Saturday's monumental Southeastern Conference showdown with No. 4 LSU. And you know what everybody's talking about?

What's wrong with Tebow and the Gators?

I'll tell you what's wrong with Tebow and the Gators: You're what's wrong. Florida fans who actually think it's their birthright not only to win but to win by 50.

Former UF coach Steve Spurrier left, in part, because of what Gator Nation had become — a fussy, finicky fan base filled with constant complainers. You wonder how long Urban Meyer will hang around until he, too, gets sick of it.

On the day he announced his resignation at UF, Spurrier revealed that the joy of winning at UF had been replaced by the fear of losing.

"Do you realize how big a favorite we are all the time?" Spurrier lamented. "It's nobody's fault. It's just the way it is. We're double-digit favorites over everybody. Anytime we lose, it's us coaches. We screwed up. 'Look how huge a favorite the team was and they didn't win.' That wears on you a little bit.

"It's a relief when we win. ... It's almost a disgrace when we lose."

And it's not just the fans, either. It's the players, the former players, even the media who covers the team.

Case in point: After Florida's 38-7 victory over Arkansas, the big headline in the Orlando Sentinel was, "Score Isn't The Story." Below the headline there were two articles. The first paragraph of one article began with, "If the Gators play like this next week, they'll lose to LSU." The first paragraph of the other article began with, "Something's missing."

Yes, something is missing all right: Elation and exhilaration after a victory. It's reached a point, according to the Gainesville Sun, where even one of UF's most beloved former players — ex-UF quarterbacking great Shane Matthews — regularly goes on his Gainesville radio show and picks apart a UF offense that led the nation last year and was third in the country.

Even Tebow, the ultimate glass-is-half-full guy, has been sucked into the abyss created by the legions of the miserable.

After Tebow fired a 21-yard touchdown pass to Percy Harvin in the fourth quarter Saturday to give Florida a 24-7 lead, Tebow moped off the field without celebrating. Meyer saw his quarterback's dispassionate reaction and ran out to give Tebow a chest bump.

"I wanted him to enjoy it," Meyer said of his quarterback.

The coach might want to send the same message to many of his fans, who seem to believe Tebow really is Superman. They think he should complete every pass, convert every third down, score every time he touches the ball.

They think Tebow should duplicate the incredible statistics he compiled last year when he won the Heisman Trophy. The problem is that was a once-in-a-lifetime season when Tebow accomplished things never before accomplished in college football. Hey, Russell Crowe is a great actor, but he'll probably never again make a movie as great as Gladiator.

The fact is, the Gators lead the SEC in scoring offense and Tebow leads the league in passing efficiency. But, apparently, that's not good enough to satisfy the many spoiled, self-indulgent fans who inhabit Gator Nation.

You get the idea some Florida fans are going to be miserable no matter what. They could be married to Halle Berry and complain because she spends too much money on lingerie.

"It's almost a disgrace when we lose."

Those were the words Steve Spurrier uttered on his way out the door after the 2001 season.

Who knew that seven years later, winning would become a disgrace, too?

Mike Bianchi can be reached at .
 9 years ago '05        #353
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
avatar space
space
$54,061 | Props total: 6960 6960
lmao ^^^^ Bluntz, what happened to Miami embarrassing us?
 9 years ago '04        #354
1000bluntz  OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,326 | Props total: 11369 11369
Word is stud 2010 WR prospect Chris Dunkley committed to UF after the LSU game. We already got 4 commits for next year, damn near as many as the 09 class haha. Matt Elam stud S for the 2010 class committed the other day.
 9 years ago '05        #355
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
avatar space
space
$54,061 | Props total: 6960 6960
 1000bluntz said:
Word is stud 2010 WR prospect Chris Dunkley committed to UF after the LSU game. We already got 4 commits for next year, damn near as many as the 09 class haha. Matt Elam stud S for the 2010 class committed the other day.
and I thought I hated the Gators the most I could I ain't mad though we gettin the 2 best WR's outta the muck...Johnson & Pickett


Last edited by Junior G; 10-12-2008 at 10:38 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #356
1000bluntz  OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,326 | Props total: 11369 11369
 P. Dedos said:
have yall thrown the white flag on 2009 class?


zekke motta just commited to notre damn.... i mean how many guys are u "waiting for to commit"


you guys are not even a top 20 class right now
Do you honestly believe we won't close well? I mean seriously homie you act like we have a 30 man class this year, it's going to be like 20 or so and a quarter of that OL. Our class will be good. It's nice getting some big time 2010 recruits early though, helps us build momentum big time for that class.
 9 years ago '05        #357
randumb0 
space
avatar space
space
$789 | Props total: 1 1
 Junior G said:
and I thought I hated the Gators the most I could I ain't mad though we gettin the 2 best WR's outta the muck...Johnson & Pickett
you can keep Pickett
 9 years ago '04        #358
1000bluntz  OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,326 | Props total: 11369 11369
I'd be pissed if my last name was Jose and my parents named me Jose LOL. fu*k kinda sh*t is that? Kid is a stud though.
 10-13-2008, 09:02 PM         #359
mann mann32 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thanks for helping ou
 9 years ago '04        #360
1000bluntz  OP
space
avatar space
space
$17,326 | Props total: 11369 11369
Interesting quote from LSU TE d*ckson about UF as a team

per the LSU site...Said we were the best team he has played against including bowl games.


Pretty high praise from an opponent right there.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 26
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 6
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
295 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 4
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy