most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #301
randumb0 
space
space
$789 | Props total: 1 1
 1000bluntz said:
I think they're going with one, simply because Hernandez and Casey are our ONLY two TE's on scholly. We simply have no depth there now with CI out.
If Newton can't figure out how to pass the ball UF might end up with a 3rd.
 9 years ago '04        #302
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
$17,333 | Props total: 11376 11376
 randumb0 said:
If Newton can't figure out how to pass the ball UF might end up with a 3rd.
Word, that motherfu*ker can run, though. He'd be perfect for short yardage to alleviate some of the load on Tebow's shoulders.
 9 years ago '05        #303
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
Im starting up a boxden fantasy football keepers league... PM me ur email if u down....
 9 years ago '04        #304
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
It's all good. We could be without Harvin and still whoop the living sh*t out of Miami. I bet he'll be on the field though despite what Brandon is saying and if he isn't and it's Brandon in his spot he'll do the job more than adequately enough. We need Percy as healthy as possible for Tennessee but I still see him playing Miami though.
 9 years ago '05        #305
randumb0 
space
space
I'm hoping he plays but now I'm prepared for the possibility that he wont play the whole season
 9 years ago '04        #306
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 randumb0 said:
I'm hoping he plays but now I'm prepared for the possibility that he wont play the whole season
No way that happens. I wouldn't be surprised to see him not play against UH or Miami but he'll be back this year and better than ever. He finally started doing some work on cutting and such the last couple days. He should be fine.
 9 years ago '04        #307
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
JUST IN: The Football Insider: August 21, 2008

By Franz Beard

It started with a nice hole and Emmanuel Moody was through it like he had been shot out of a gun. Seeing linebackers and safeties up ahead, he cut back and headed for the sideline, showing excellent acceleration and understanding of how to find open space. By the time he got to the sideline, he was 25 yards upfield but pursuit was coming from a couple of different angles. Time for another cutback and Moody made it look both precise and easy as he went the final 25 yards for a touchdown.

That's what it was like at Tuesday's scrimmage. Moody took over, just as he's been doing since the pads went on. He broke another long run later in the morning and while Chris Rainey and Jeffrey Demps also had their moments (Kestahn Moore sat out with some soreness in his knee), this was all about Moody.

For the last couple of weeks, he's been playing like a tailback on a mission. According to a couple of reports, there's a good reason --- he's completely healthy for the first time since he's been at the University of Florida. Apparently, he was never at 100 percent all through the fall and there were only a few days in the spring when he felt well.

It's also helped that Moody knows the offense now. In the spring, the pain was complicated by a lack of understanding of the offense. Not only did he not know where to run but lacked a real understanding of the passing game and the blocking schemes.

Highlight that part about blocking schemes. If you don't or can't block, playing time will be seriously diminished. Moody's blocking has been first rate lately and that has elevated him to the top of the running back heap. Moore is going to be in there a lot because he's a senior, the team's best blocker and can give the Gators a run/receiving dimension at fullback, but from what's been going on lately, Moody is going to get plenty of chances to prove himself.

Moody is clearly ahead of Rainey and Demps because he is understanding all his a.ssignments. Nobody is shocked that Rainey and Demps can light it up when they run with the ball but they haven't made their mark as blockers yet and neither of them have a full grasp of the offense.

Mon Williams has fallen behind and won't make a really positive move until he gets past the mental block of worrying too much about getting hurt again. Running 40s it's obvious he has his speed back but when he carries the ball in contact work, he plays slow, a sign that he's still worrying too much that he might hurt the knee again.

SOME CHAMPIONS FROM THE SCRIMMAGE: Among those that graded champion at Tuesday's scrimmage were freshman safety Will (The Thrill) Hill, freshman cornerback Janoris Jenkins, sophomore safety Major Wright, junior corner Markihe Anderson, third-year sophomore offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert, third-year sophomore guard Mo Hurt, redshirt freshman wide receiver Deonte Thompson, junior wide receiver Carl Moore, junior wide receiver David Nelson, senior tight end Tate Casey and junior kick returner/wide receiver Brandon James.

SOME INFO ABOUT PERCY: There's a reason Percy Harvin hasn't done any contact work and it really doesn't have anything to do with lingering pain or soreness from the heel surgery. There is always going to be a measure of soreness and pain --- you can't play a skill position without some of it --- but the staff is taking extra caution with Harvin because of the unique nature of the surgery.

Harvin's surgery to tighten up a troublesome Achilles tendon involved drilling a couple of holes in his heel and some bone grafts. This isn't every day surgery. In fact, it's a relatively new procedure. The doctor that invented the procedure is from North Carolina and he was on hand, working with Dr. Pete Indelicato as they drilled a couple of holes in Harvin's heel and did some bone grafts to tighten things up so that Harvin doesn't have the painful Achilles tendonitis that has slowed him down for years.

Harvin's practice routine has been something like two steps forward, one step backward where he is pushed for two days and then held back some the third. Apparently, Harvin has been looking very good in his non-contact drills and the word is that if the Hawaii game were tomorrow, Percy would be good to go.

WHO WILL EMERGE OTHER THAN MARSH AT DT?: Lawrence Marsh has established himself as the top interior lineman on the defense and coaches are seeing more to like in the play of Terron Sanders and Troy Epps. Justin Trattou will play that Ray McDonald role where he will be both inside and outside depending on the matchup.

Now that Matt Patchan is able to do some contact work, look for him to get a few reps this week and maybe a few snaps against Hawaii. Patchan could have played in Tuesday's scrimmage but he was held back just as a precaution.

The situation on the D-Line has been clouded a bit by injury. John Brown broke his wrist and that's slowed his progress considerably. Ron Wilson was looking very good before he sprained his ankle. Wilson won't play in the Hawaii game but he could be available for Miami.

Brandon Antwine, who has been out what seems like forever with a rare and painful back condition, will be able to practice again Monday. The staff hopes he can contribute something this year but it's going to be a coin flip since recovery from back injuries is almost impossible to predict.

HELP IS ON THE WAY: Third-year sophomore Bryan Thomas was considered one of the best safety prospects in the country coming out of Zephyrhills. He was on track to be a contributor as a freshman before he tore a meniscus in August. Since then it's been one injury after another. The latest setback was a cyst that was removed from his knee earlier in the summer.

Thomas will return to practice Monday when school begins and he will have to go through a few days of mandatory conditioning and some contact work before he can play, so scratch him for game one against Hawaii and possibly game two against Miami. He should be full speed by the Tennessee game so target him to be in the rotation and contributing by then. The staff is really counting on Thomas to add some depth and factor in the rotation. If he can stay healthy, he will be a real plus for the safety position.

Also in the secondary, Janoris Jenkins has been so impressive since the Gators went in pads that it's become nearly impossible to keep him off the field. He makes plays and he has good enough size (5-10, 190) and the kind of strength that cornerbacks coach Vance Bedford really likes. Bedford will always play the best athletes at this position but his ideal corner is something like 5-10-6-0 and in the 190-200-pound range. Jenkins will probably be the starter at the nickel which means he should see plenty of action in Florida's first four games. Hawaii runs run and shoot, Tennessee runs the spread and while Ole Miss will run a lot of I-formation, Houston Nutt is going to do a lot of three-wide and shotgun spread sets to take advantage of what quarterback Jevan Snead does best.

LOOKING GOOD AT WIDE RECEIVER: Sore feet and all, Riley Cooper is looking like a more complete wide receiver. Everybody knows he can run the deep routes, but he's running the medium routes with crispness and showing ability to f!ght for the ball.

Carl Moore is showing great hands and that Dallas Baker-like ability to get open. He will never be a consistent deep threat but he's got more than adequate speed and the willingness to operate over the middle.

Keep your eyes out for David Nelson. Meyer remarked that Nelson, now 215 pounds, is having an outstanding August. Nelson graded champion 10 times last season but always for his blocking. He can still block. Now he's getting the ball thrown his way.
 9 years ago '05        #308
randumb0 
space
space
what's this about playing a 3-3-5?
 9 years ago '05        #309
randumb0 
space
space
Nice info on Harvin
 9 years ago '04        #310
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 randumb0 said:
what's this about playing a 3-3-5?
It's only going to be deployed during certain situations like a spread or something. Certainly won't be our base D.
 9 years ago '05        #311
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,164 | Props total: 11 11
fu*k Florida!

j/k I think UF will be good, maybe great this year.......better than Overrated a.ss Georgia.
 9 years ago '04        #312
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
Georgia is reminding me of our team going into last year. All sorts of off the field issues and what seems to be a serious lack of leadership. Those are all areas where Florida excelled during this offseason. UGA is gon' get murked by UF.
 9 years ago '04        #313
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 1000bluntz said:
. UGA is gon' get murked by UF.
whoa now... I like UF but that game is going to be crazy

What up with the kid Dee Finley?? He aint doing sh*t is he?? redshirt?
 9 years ago '04        #314
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
Corso said AU over UF in Atlanta at Corso

He did pick us in 04 and we won it though
 9 years ago '04        #315
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Georgia is reminding me of our team going into last year. All sorts of off the field issues and what seems to be a serious lack of leadership. Those are all areas where Florida excelled during this offseason. UGA is gon' get murked by UF.
Not being bias but I do see UGA losing to Florida and then Auburn... they will win a few close ones against ASU, USC, Bama, UT and LSU but I see them with 2 losses to orange and blue

We can't let them get us 3 years in a row, that's unheard of in the UGA-AU rivalry
 9 years ago '04        #316
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
whoa now... I like UF but that game is going to be crazy

What up with the kid Dee Finley?? He aint doing sh*t is he?? redshirt?
Yeah I didn't mean murk as in straight up k!ll them but we will win the game. Dee had to go to prep school, he's still all Gator and will be a bad a.ss safety we desperately need and he's coming in January no question.
 9 years ago '05        #317
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,086 | Props total: 6985 6985
Percy not gonna play against Miami? ooooooooooooo this game is gonna be closer than you think now.
 9 years ago '05        #318
randumb0 
space
space
 Junior G said:
Percy not gonna play against Miami? ooooooooooooo this game is gonna be closer than you think now.
Wide receiver Percy Harvin practiced for the first time in the preseason Saturday, and there's a chance he could play in Saturday's opener against Hawaii, Florida coach Urban Meyer said.
(DOUG FINGER/The Gainesville Sun)
Percy Harvin and the Gators trounce FSU.

"He didn't go the whole way, but he practiced," Meyer said. "There's a chance."

Before Saturday, Harvin had been limited to conditioning work while still rehabbing his surgically repaired heel. His status for Saturday's game will be determined during practice this week.
 9 years ago '04        #319
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Yeah I didn't mean murk as in straight up k!ll them but we will win the game. Dee had to go to prep school, he's still all Gator and will be a bad a.ss safety we desperately need and he's coming in January no question.

sucks for him.... dumb a.ss n*ggas
 9 years ago '04        #320
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:

sucks for him.... dumb a.ss n*ggas
Yeah he was really, really close to making it in though. It was like some sort of bullsh*t technicality and we could have really used him this season. If Finch would have given some more thought to his situation he could have potentially started at safety for us this year, n*ggas going to be allowed to play at Indiana this year, too so I guess he got a hardship waver or whatever. Still can't wait to get him, though. He looked really good in that Under Armour game last year and he lit Julio Jones the fu*k up. Him and Will Hill gonna be serious tandem one of these years.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy