most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
106 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #281
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,356 | Props total: 346 346
“He said he has a soft verbal commit to Alabama, but I told him he needs to come to Florida because Nick Saban will leave,” Silberman said. “He left LSU and he left Miami (Dolphins) and he might leave him, and Urban Meyer won’t do that.”

Richardson laughed off Silberman’s comments and said he’s not worried about Saban’s future. But now he finds himself in similar situation.

@ Silberman How you going to try and throw salt on Saban Richardson know whats up, i know he was thinking in his head, how this cornball a.ss dude gonna come at me with some sh*t like this, I would have laughed too at this goof troop
 9 years ago '04        #282
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
$17,323 | Props total: 11362 11362
 P. Dedos said:
debose down to LSU and miami

im shocked the next percy harvin line hasnt worked
That's the rumor because apparently UF ain't been showin' interest according to some article I heard about. I think they got UF and FSU mixed up, though. Either way I wouldn't count Florida out until signing day with this kid. If UF can rack up about 50 on the Canes that could help, too.
 9 years ago '04        #283
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$13,021 | Props total: 2921 2921
whats this i hear about rainey and harvin scrappin at practice? rainey's a tough lil n*gga tho, hope he kicked harvin's a.ss if its true:applause:
 9 years ago '04        #284
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 madness said:
whats this i hear about rainey and harvin scrappin at practice? rainey's a tough lil n*gga tho, hope he kicked harvin's a.ss if its true:applause:
I heard about that, been too lazy to check the validity. This sh*t happens a lot in practices.
 9 years ago '04        #285
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
Man what in the fu*k? There gotta be some sh*t in the water in Gainesville right now. Beal tore his ACL, there's rumors going around that backup Center Jim Barrie tore his sh*t, too. At this point nobody on the team is going to have a functioning ACL by the time the season starts. fu*king k!ll me.
 9 years ago '04        #286
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
Why the fu*k not mention another ACL!!!!!! Appears freshman OL Sam Robey has the same affliction. I say we cancel the rest of the practice at this rate we won't have a team to field on Aug. 30. This sh*t is getting fu*king frustrating as fu*k and this better be the end of these fu*king things or I'll really flip the fu*k out. The season can't start soon enough for me. At least UGA's bi*ch a.ss Sturdivant is done for the year, Stafford's blind side won't be nearly as protected.
 9 years ago '05        #287
randumb0 
space
space
$789 | Props total: 0 0
Yeah it's frustrating. I am worried about Harvin shouldnt he be healthy by now?
 9 years ago '04        #288
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 randumb0 said:
Yeah it's frustrating. I am worried about Harvin shouldnt he be healthy by now?
Meyer said he should begin practicing later this week.

And apparently Robey DID NOT tear his ACL thank God, kid has look impressive so far but he did hurt his knee but it doesn't appear he'll miss much of the season.
 9 years ago '04        #289
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
First scrimmage was earlier today. Justin Williams is at safety now and had two nice picks in the scrimmage, you can see he has a lot of athleticism. Highlights are at . Brandon James could flourish in the slot.
 9 years ago '05        #290
randumb0 
space
space
Bluntz are you a premium insider on Gator Country?

Last edited by randumb0; 08-14-2008 at 12:46 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #291
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 randumb0 said:
Bluntz are you a premium insider on Gator Country?
Yeah, site is the sh*t if you're a Gator fan like us.
 9 years ago '04        #292
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
Today from Brady Ackerman:

Florida practiced in the rain today and here is some of what I have gathered.

First up is Percy Harvin. He is still out but getting closer to being ready to go. There are many variables with this surgery that no one could predict.

First this is not a surgery that happens very often and the comparable research with other football players or even athletes may not be as great as it is on an ACL for example.
Secondly anytime you have surgery your body will react differently and it takes some time to adapt.

I believe Harvin will be ready for the first game and he may just be limited in practice. I sense some frustration by the coaches because he practiced more before the surgery than he has since the surgery. It is best for Percy in the long run. Look for him to maybe participate in the next scrimmage on tuesday, we will see.

-I think UF will stay away from ones versus ones the rest of camp to try and build some confidence and rhythm on both sides of the ball. Also this may help with injuries, but that is just a guess.

-Florida is going to run a lot of one back one tight end set. Hernandez is doing great and Brandon James has stepped in at Percy's slot spot very well

-Look for more passes to the running backs in the middle of the field. This is a wrinkle that UF has not used in the last three years. These guys will release out of the backfield and cut back under to a vacated zone.

-Charlie Strong has cross trained all his linebackers. Stamper can play outside and inside while Brandon Hicks can play strong or weak on the outside. The weakside linebacker (Doe/Hicks) is also a valuable blitzer for the defense in certain situations.

-Jermaine Cunnigham looks to be back into form which is good news because he had a so-so first week. The only returning starter is a great energy guy with big motor. The Ends are very deep and talented.

UF will hold a game type scrimmage tuesday and next saturday they will scrimmage some for the letterman's barbecue

-Finally some of the reasons UF is already preparing for Hawaii is that they are such an unorthodox team. They have a variety of blitzes and the run and shoot is unique. Look for UF to implement a little bit of Hawaii into each and every practice from here on out.

Everything I've heard so far has been positive as hell from the coaches also, and Meyer doesn't often give praise and this is the first year he hasn't sh*t all over the RB unit.
 9 years ago '05        #293
randumb0 
space
space
Anything new in this thread?

9 years ago '04        #294
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 randumb0 said:
Anything new in this thread?

Naw dude was just stressin' like a bi*ch with speculation, I'll post a few current articles real quick. I wouldn't worry too much about Percy unless he misses Miami or some sh*t. I'd be shocked if he isn't playing at least a little against Hawaii.
 9 years ago '04        #295
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
Practice brings smile to Meyer's face

The smile on Urban Meyer’s face said it all. He got the practice he was looking for out of the Florida Gators Thursday morning and not even a steady downpour or the threat of serious thunderstorms could dampen his mood.

“You can tell by my demeanor that we had a heckuva practice today,” said Meyer. “That was good stuff today. We came out there and did all this individual I heard that thunder and I thought here we go again. We jumped right into full contact team scrimmage situations, third downs. We had two set scrimmages that we scripted and we went six sets. Then we went to our two minute drill and our guys reacted. No complaining, no whining, no this, no that.”

Not only did the practice put a smile on Meyer’s face, but the Gators also had no injuries and several players who have been slowed up by injury got a little bit closer to going full speed. The reports were good on wide receiver/tailback Percy Harvin, defensive lineman Matt Pachan, offensive linemen Phil Trautwein and Jim Tartt, defensive end Jermaine Cunningham and linebacker Dustin Doe.

Harvin, trying to get back to full speed after spending the summer rehabbing after serious surgery on his heel, still hasn’t done any contact drills but Meyer said he’s getting closer to going.

“Percy did not practice but he conditioned,” said Meyer. “He’s getting close. He’s getting real close.”

Patchan, who suffered a shoulder wound that was part of a drive-by shooting in Tampa earlier in the summer, has been working his way back from that and from a problem (strain or slight tear) with a pectoral muscle. He’s been doing everything but contact since practice started.

“Patchan did not do team drills but he did contact work with the bags which is the next step and then you ease him in,” said Meyer.

Trautwein, who also has a minor problem with his shoulder, did the same drills as Patchan and Meyer said he’s almost ready to get back to full contact. Tartt, who had offseason shoulder surgery, is almost back to where he should be and he’s another one that could be going full speed, full contact next week.

The news that Trautwein and Tartt could be good to go next week means the first unit offensive line can get its first work as a unit.

“By next week I think we’ll have our first team offensive line back,” said Meyer.

Cunningham, who has been slowed by a hamstring as well as other minor injuries, is doing contact drills again.

“Jermaine is back practicing close to full speed,” said Meyer.

Doe, who has been slowed with a hamstring pull, went full speed Thursday. Meyer has been very impressed this fall with his junior linebacker.

“He’s had a tremendous summer,” said Meyer. “He’s had a tremendous fall camp.”

Another player who has been brought along slowly is freshman defensive tackle Omar Hunter, whom Meyer said did individual work Thursday but did not do any contact work with the team.

CARTER COUNTRY: If August is any indication of things to come, then Florida fans are going to be seeing things from the running back position this fall that they haven’t seen in the previous three years. Apparently, new running backs coach Kenny Carter has been a shot in the arm for a position that was under constant criticism the past three years under the tutelage of Stan Drayton, who left the program in January.

“I have to give these guys some credit and their coach some credit,” said Meyer. Our running backs are very productive right now. Having a productive running back that can catch the ball and run a route. The reason you didn’t see them in there is because they weren’t productive and they did not do their stuff the right way.”

Not only are the running backs breaking long runs in practice, but they are also becoming a dynamic part of Florida’s passing game.

“The best part of our throw game when we dump the ball to our tailback and he can make some guys miss,” said Meyer, who rattled off the names of Emmanuel Moody, Kestahn Moore, Chris Rainey and Jeffrey Demps as ready to get in there and compete tailbacks.

Demps, who is a true freshman, super-charged the offense Thursday when he helped out his left tackle with a block on defensive end William Green. According to Carter, Demps not only helped out but he hit Green hard enough that practice had to be stopped for a couple of minutes while Green regained his breath.
 9 years ago '04        #296
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
cont.

THE BACKUP BATTLE: Apparently it’s a nip and tuck battle for the second team quarterback between sophomore Cameron Newton and redshirt freshman Johnny Brantley. Newton is by far the more polished runner of the two while Brantley is the better passer.

Asked if he’s closer to deciding if it’s Newton or Brantley that gets the nod as Tim Tebow’s backup, Meyer responded, “The good thing is that I don’t have to decide right now. In two weeks we’ll decide.”

Newton has continued to impress with his ability to run the ball and that has led Meyer to consider using the 6-6, 245-pounder as a pure runner in special situations.

“I’ll tell you the good thing Cam is doing is running the ball really well,” said Meyer. “I wouldn’t be surprised to see him do some of that. The lecture I gave on single wing football … I think he could give us that element because he’s a very functional runner and he’s very tight with the ball right now.”

Brantley throws the best ball of any of Florida’s three quarterbacks. He’s also doing a few things that remind Meyer of one of his former quarterbacks.

“John is throwing the ball and managing a lot like Alex Smith (quarterback at Utah; first selection in 2005 NFL Draft),” Meyer said.

SPECIAL TEAMS ARE SPECIAL: The Gators might have the best offense in the country and the defense is showing signs of getting back that edge Florida defenses had in 2005 and 2006. Throw in special teams that might be as good or better than anyone in the country and the Gators are the full package.

Meyer has the best kick returner in the country in Brandon James; a punter in Chas Henry whose great hang time had plenty to do with the fact the Gators allowed only 22 punt return yards last year; a long snapper in James Smith who has made every long snap for the Gators for three straight years; and now there is an ongoing battle between senior Jonathan Phillips and freshman Caleb Sturgis for the placekicking job. Both Phillips and Sturgis are hammering the ball.

The Gators were the best punt block team in the Southeastern Conference last year but they also had James returning punts and all he did was average 18 yards per return to lead the SEC.

“You look at our punt block team and I think we had the most blocks in the SEC last year and we also led in return,” said Meyer. “You have that, well what do you do? We’re going to really work hard on that.”

Block the punt or let James do his voodoo act in the open field? It’s the kind of dilemma coaches dream about.

And James isn’t the only capable returner.

“Brandon James is dynamic and there are a couple of guys behind him like Joe Haden,” said Meyer. “I watch him catch those punts and he could be a punt returner. You’ve got Joe Haden, you’ve got Rainey and Murphy is back there catching punts. The first year we had Vernell and we had me. That was not a good deal. We’ve got some guys. Kickoff return is very similar. We’ve got some good return guys.”

If Smith stays healthy this year, he could finish his career as the only long snapper on every special teams play for four consecutive years and that’s highly unusual.

“I’ve never heard of that,” said Meyer, adding that Smith also starts on the kickoff and kickoff return teams.

When Meyer signed freshman Caleb Sturgis it was expected that the freshman thunderfoot from St. Augustine would a.ssume the placekicking role but he’s met with resistance from Phillips.

“Jon Phillips is not giving that up,” said Meyer, who appreciates that Phillips’ Gator experience was special enough that he made a sacrifice to come back for one more year. Phillips graduated from UF in three years and there were other options beside football at Florida.

“He got accepted to Miami law school,” said Meyer, who at first thought Phillips would go ahead and take advantage of that opportunity. “We had a long discussion and he came back because he wanted a chance to kick at Florida and he’s not done a darn thing yet. His whole approach to the game has been very impressive.”

Phillips has been hitting the ball better than he has at any time in his Florida career but Sturgis has been impressive too.

“I made the comment when his foot hits the ball it sounds different than most other kickers,” said Meyer. “He hits bombs but he has to split the uprights with them. There’s a great battle going on right now.”

Even with the bad weather the last three days, the Gators have practiced in the rain but even the negative of a wet, slippery field has been turned into a positive.

“The negative about this weather is it’s just a pain in the rear end,” said Meyer. “The positive is that we’re getting a lot of throwing and catching and kicking the ball in this weather. We hit two 47s (47 yard field goals) at the end of practice in this weather. That’s a good sign.”

WIDE RECEIVERS STEPPING UP: In the absence of Harvin and Louis Murphy (sprained ankle) Meyer is seeing some battles for playing time at wide receiver. He’s got a nice combination of speed and size to work with and the younger guys and newbies are benefitting from the extra reps with Harvin and Murphy out.

Asked to name a starting rotation, Meyer responded, ““(Riley) Cooper and Carl Moore are battling for a starting spot. Deonte (Thompson) is doing very well. Obviously when Louis Murphy and Percy get back those are guys that are difference makers at their positions. David Nelson is doing very well. The freshman who will probably play is Frankie Hammond … he did not have a good day today. It must not rain where he’s from. (Tight end Aaron) Hernandez is a big part of that. I consider him a receiver.”
 9 years ago '05        #297
randumb0 
space
space
Do they still plan to use the 2 tight end set with Hernandez and Casey or will they only use one?
 9 years ago '04        #298
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
There's a new kind of back at Florida

Florida Gator running back coach Kenny Carter must be giggling these days. The outspoken coach of a handful of dynamic players was brought in to Florida to turn a position that was regarded as non-existent to one that is about to get noticed. William Green, who is a Florida defensive end, noticed Thursday but more about that later.

For three years now, the knock on Florida running backs is that they don’t get the ball in the running game because guys like Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin eat up a lot of carries. The fact is Florida will use the running backs if they are going to be an a.sset to the team.

At Florida, the position is more than just running the football but Meyer says the position has been under-utilized. Now that Carter is on the staff, there is emphasis on teaching the backs all the things they will need to succeed and then take their game to the next level.

“Our whole plan from the spring on was to make this position a viable position where everyone says I want to go to Florida to play running back because they utilize them in different ways,” Carter said. “That is our mindset … we have too many talented people not to use them in every aspect of what we do.”

Florida running backs are going to be part of the passing game this year. This is a spread offense that creates one-on-one situations and with backs that can catch and make someone miss, a short pass can become a go the distance play from any spot on the field. Carter smiles when he thinks about his young guys getting the ball with only a linebacker in reaching distance in the open field.

“Our job is to pass protect and take care of underneath coverage,” Carter said. “When you can run the ball down the field with our great receivers and they are covered drop it down. What are you going to do as a defense? Give us that and let Demps, Rainey, Moody, and Kestahn Moore run 15-20 yards before they get touched? We’ll take it.”

Now to the story about what happened to William Green. It started with Jeffrey Demps, known more for his 100-yard dash time than for his running ability simply because he is a true freshman that has only been on campus a short time. The a.ssignment for Demps was to help the offensive tackle by chipping away at the defensive end before slipping into open space for a dump off pass.

Not only did Demps chip the defensive end, he laid him out.

“In a lot of our routes that are turnout routes, we have to chip out to help our tackles and make our tackles hold,” Carter started. “He had to chip a guy on his way out and we had to stop practice because he knocked the breath out of the kid and he is lying down on the ground. It was a defensive end and he laid him out. He releases, then catches the ball and heads up field.”

Demps thought the play was just another day at the office, which is just what Carter likes to hear.

“I heard [my teammates] as soon as it happened,” Demps said because he was focused on finishing the play and not watching the blocked player. “I still continued to run my route, but when I came back I saw Green on the ground. Coach Mullen said that was my job. I am supposed to chip and told me just to go on.

“I try to go out there every day and give the best I can give and practice hard. I was just trying to do my job and do a chip block. I didn’t know I was going that hard.”

Demps is the prime example for any back in the Gator offense. He isn’t the biggest guy on the roster at 5-9 and 185 pounds, but he comes to the practice field ready to play.

“Regardless of what your size is if we have to pass protect … you have to pass protect,” Carter said. “They are strong enough, fast enough. When we don’t take a guy out it doesn’t give them an opportunity to be able to hone in when they game plan us and say this guy is going to do this, they are only going to do this when this guys is in.

“They are good enough to do it, they are all doing it and Demps is good enough to do it too. He is a football player, not a guy running track trying to play football.”

The running backs are not just runners and blockers. The Meyer spread offense also utilizes the pass to get the ball in the hands of its running backs.

“That is a focus of every offense, regardless of what your style of play is,” Carter said. “If it’s not down the field then you get available underneath. If they are man to man against you and try to match up, then you create separation and you go and get open. We are an offense based on match ups, well the match ups comes in various ways and a dump down route is one way we can create problems for people.

The talent doesn’t stop with Demps. Redshirt freshman Chris Rainey is as talented as they come according to Carter. Rainey is another one of the backs that has to be able to and is able to do everything asked on every play in the play book.

“He is coming along really well,” Carter said of Rainey. “We are really excited about the things he is doing for us. His understanding about the things we are trying to do to utilize his skills is really good. He is a natural back and of all the guys I have coached and I have coached a lot of guys that have played in the NFL. He has the ability to understand when he gets to the hole how to negotiate it without trying to say I am a speed guy and I want to run here and there. He understands when to burst and when not to burst and that makes all the difference for a back.”

Really looking forward to us dumping sh*t off to RBs like Rainey and Demps. We should get good production out of our backs for once. Moore is supposed to be moving to FB, too.
 9 years ago '04        #299
1000bluntz  OP
space
space
 randumb0 said:
Do they still plan to use the 2 tight end set with Hernandez and Casey or will they only use one?
I think they're going with one, simply because Hernandez and Casey are our ONLY two TE's on scholly. We simply have no depth there now with CI out.
 9 years ago '05        #300
randumb0 
space
space
I forgot all about David Nelson. I hope Markihe Anderson is healthy again I can see him starting.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
164 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
214 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
308 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago