Steph Kegels
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
211 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
91 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #241
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
 P-Hill said:
@ from the PS3 version. If so... IW needs to explain why the D-Pad icons on the bottom of the screen looks like the 360 D-Pad
 03-15-2008, 11:58 PM         #242
Jeans&Sneakers  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
monday they said they're gonna have info on maps plus new screenshots and gameplay footage of each map
 10 years ago '06        #243
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
if its 4 maps, where is the 4th maps?
any pics? news?
btw, nice maps.
 03-17-2008, 01:27 PM         #244
Jeans&Sneakers  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Call of Duty 4 Map Pack Hands-on
Our war torn hands are bloodied yet again. Direct-feed gameplay included.
by Nate Ahearn

March 17, 2008 - In November of 2007 the gaming industry was formally introduced to the fourth installment in one of the most popular first-person franchises of the last decade. The hype train had been chugging for quite some time but unlike most big releases, Call of Duty 4 delivered the goods and then some. So much so that not even Bungie's epic conclusion to Halo could hold a candle to what is arguably Infinity Ward's greatest achievement. Nearly six months removed and COD4 is still atop the Xbox Live charts with Halo 3 nipping at its heels.

We recently traveled to Infinity Ward's Burbank studios to get our hands on the first round of downloadable maps. There are four in the pack; three main attractions and one small bonus map. After honing our skills on the new playgrounds and tooling around nearly every mode, we feel obligated to let COD4 addicts know it's time to budget some cash for early April. Oh, and put away the sunscreen, you won't be needing that for awhile.

First things first, the names of the new maps: Broadcast, Creek, Chinatown (modeled after Call of Duty 2's Carentan), and k!llhouse. We'll begin with Broadcast. As you may have guessed it's basically ripped from the "Charlie Don't Surf" level from early in the single-player campaign. As with most COD4 maps there are both outdoor and indoor sparring grounds with multi-tiered structures that can be used to a team's advantage if played properly. The inside of Broadcast is an office environment complete with cubicles, a separate room with television equipment, a main lobby area and what appears to be a copy room that's home to a massive skylight where the enemy can try and get the drop on an unsuspecting opponent. The smaller outdoor portion features abandoned vehicles which can be used as cover as well as a staircase leading to the roof and the aforementioned strategic skylight.

We demoed standard team deathmatch, search and destroy, and domination on Broadcast and came away feeling as though the map was best suited for search and destroy. One of the two rotating bomb sites sits right underneath the skylight making for some interesting firef!ghts. On more than one occasion I got caught trying to crash the enemy's party and was left with nothing more than a view of my dead body falling to the ground below. A sight made all the better by the new k!ll cams for grenade and rocket k!lls.

Next up was Chinatown which features the requisite neon lighting and ancient looking statues to go along with the many shops that provide the perfect reprieve from the showdowns that take place on the streets. While Broadcast showcased many alternate routes and relatively wide open spaces, Chinatown was more about close-quarter combat. The kind of stuff that shotgun-toting madmen dream about. The buildings have tightly wound staircases that can be dangerous if you aren't properly equipped. Snipers can try their luck at peeking out one of the second story windows in hopes of landing a few shots, but hiding places don't last long. The map was easily the most straightforward in the new pack, but that doesn't mean that deathmatch won't be a blast to play.
Last of the three main maps is Creek, the biggest map that has been in seen in Call of Duty 4 to date. As you might have guessed, it's an outdoor stage with rock faces that feature winding paths and trees and sandbags that provide cover at the top. It's perfectly suited for snipers to peer down on those trying to run along the creek and into the caves or up one of the paths to the small village with its shanty buildings and shacks. Creek was my least favorite as it was clearly geared towards long range battles and sniper exchanges. A few of the facets of Call of Duty 4's gameplay that have always escaped me.

The fourth map is called k!llhouse and, as the name indicates, is all about putting a group of players in a small, confined space and letting them loose. It's based off of the training level that introduces players to the COD4 world and is sure to be home to some of the most heated battles in the game. k!llhouse is composed of many small wooden structures with one lookout post sitting in the middle of the map. The level was fairly symmetrical with concrete walls and structures providing plenty of cover for those looking to flee a standoff. The roof is open so airstrikes and helicopters are a serious advantage if you can stay alive long enough to earn them.

Of the four maps that we tried, Broadcast was probably my personal favorite. It seemed to do a good job of providing players with different outlets to try and get the upper-hand. I never found myself pigeon holed into going the same route over and over and the skylight certainly provided us with plenty of harrowing moments.

Along with these four maps gamers will also get a retooled playlist. Gone is Old School Free-for-all and the Hardcore modes are being condensed into one grouping. New additions include Variety Pack Team deathmatch and Variety Pack Team Objective which will be the two playlists to have the new maps and only the new maps available.

The first round of new maps for Call of Duty 4 are set to be released on Xbox 360 and PS3 in April. The price point for the pack has yet to be decided.
 10 years ago '05        #245
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
madness...can't wait.
 03-17-2008, 01:47 PM         #246
Jeans&Sneakers  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gamespy: hands on + gameplay footage
 10 years ago '05        #247
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
Activision have announced that they'll be re-releasing the 360 version of Call of Duty 4. The upcoming "Game of the Year" edition will include the full game, new box art (to show of all their shiny "best of..." awards) and - strangely - a token for Xbox Live that will let users download the new map pack, which is due in April. Why not just include the maps on the disc? Eh, whatever. This "Game of the Year" edition will be out in April.
KOTAKU

Last edited by natural; 03-17-2008 at 08:46 PM..
 03-17-2008, 04:30 PM         #248
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i wanna see creek these look nice but creek gonna be that map
 10 years ago '05        #249
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
 Fourzerotwo said:

That’s right… just received word from Sony that they are on the final stages of certifying the PS3 Feature patch and will be definitely be seeing it go live to users this week and I may be getting an update as soon as tonight as to the exact time to expect it. I’m thinking you’ll be able to enjoy all the new features as soon as the next few days, but I’ll update you with I have a firm answer on that.

But the official word is, it’s coming this week for sure, possibly very soon.
From fourzerotwo's official blog: iamfourzerotwo.com
 10 years ago '04        #250
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
Vids of the new maps

Creekhill

Chinatown 1

Chinatown 2

Killhouse

Broadcast 1

Broadcast 2

10 years ago '05        #251
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 233 233
creek is a snipers paradise.......YES
 10 years ago '04        #252
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
 natural said:
i'm downloading update data as i type

any word on a ps3 rumble patch?...i need that sh*t

curious to see how this patch is going to work
 10 years ago '04        #253
Jae_Hood_354 135 heat pts135
space
space
$8,552 | Props total: 3344 3344
 natural said:
thanks ill be sure to update mine this week thanks for the heads up dude
 03-18-2008, 03:42 PM         #254
Rhetorically  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
will update later :D
 10 years ago '04        #255
Jae_Hood_354 135 heat pts135
space
space
$8,552 | Props total: 3344 3344

[pic - click to view]

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has just received another patch, further balancing the game's excellent online offerings. The patch will automatically download and install when you launch the game on your PS3. Included features:

Optimized servers

New k!ll cams (grenades, RPG's, airstrikes, claymores, and more)

Quick Mute (allows user to mute annoying players by pressing X on their user ID in the lobby)

Addition of "Recently Met Players" for the PlayStation Network

Improvements to the Sniper Rifles and Acog attachments (no more delayed shots)

Glad to see Infinity Ward is still putting some strong support behind this multiplatform title. Yes, the Xbox 360 got a similar patch a while back, but at least the PS3 hasn't been forgotten.

Source:
 10 years ago '07        #256
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,232 | Props total: 20021 20021
after reading all this im hoping on now., finally new k!ll cams and i can mute annoying a.ss motherfu*kers lol
 10 years ago '06        #257
StillFree28 27 heat pts27
space
space
$20,499 | Props total: 4816 4816
 Jae_Hood_354 said:

[pic - click to view]

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has just received another patch, further balancing the game's excellent online offerings. The patch will automatically download and install when you launch the game on your PS3. Included features:

Optimized servers

New k!ll cams (grenades, RPG's, airstrikes, claymores, and more)

Quick Mute (allows user to mute annoying players by pressing X on their user ID in the lobby)

Addition of "Recently Met Players" for the PlayStation Network

Improvements to the Sniper Rifles and Acog attachments (no more delayed shots)

Glad to see Infinity Ward is still putting some strong support behind this multiplatform title. Yes, the Xbox 360 got a similar patch a while back, but at least the PS3 hasn't been forgotten.

Source:
bout time for a mute option
 10 years ago '04        #258
Eminem313 2 heat pts
space
space
$813 | Props total: 0 0
Recruits and soldiers alike, get the Battle-Dress Uniforms ready! Activision and Infinity Ward are planning a new offensive with Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™ Game of the Year Edition. Scheduled for release at all retailers nationwide on April 3, the Game of the Year Edition of Call of Duty 4 includes a token to download the Variety Map Pack, a series of four new multiplayer maps for Xbox 360®.

Get ready for all-new multiplayer maps.

The Variety Map Pack will also be available for download from Xbox LIVE® Marketplace, giving you multiple ways to experience the newest multiplayer action from the blockbuster hit title.
Map Details

The Variety Map Pack includes four new multiplayer maps. "Creek" is a wide-open village ravaged by combat where concealment is the difference between life and death. In "Broadcast," f!ght throughout an enemy communications building with confined corridors and wide-open parking lots. "Chinatown" is a foggy downtown district, lit only by a full moon and the neon glow of the city. "Killhouse" features a desolate training warehouse filled with a variety of building mock-ups and soft and hard cover points.
Variety Map Pack Challenge

As an early sneak peak on March 28, GameStop will host the Variety Map Pack Challenge at two exclusive preview events in New York City and San Jose. Lucky gamers will be among the first in the world to play the new maps on Xbox 360 and meet members of the Infinity Ward team.

The first 100 guests at each location will receive a free token to download the Variety Map Pack upon release, and the first 250 contestants will compete for prizing, including GameStop gift certificates.

Both the Modern Warfare Game of the Year Edition and the new Variety Map Pack download will be available on Thursday, April 3 in the U.S.

The worldwide best-selling game in units of 2007, according to The NPD Group, Chart Track, and The GFK Group, and winner of more than 50 editors' choice and game of the year honors, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is rated "M" (Mature) by the ESRB for Intense Violence, Strong Language, Blood and Gore.

Price for the 4 maps = 800 Microsoft Points.

Source:
 03-19-2008, 04:05 PM         #259
Exodus X13  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I might trade my sh*t in for Rb6v2 and then when the cost of COD comes down, buy that sh*t again and get the free map code.
 10 years ago '07        #260
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 0 0
:eek: 800 points for 4 maps thats a bad look for Bungie and Halo especially when they offer 800 points for 3 maps
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
189 comments
1 day ago