Official: Shaquille O'Neal Traded To The Phoenix Suns For All-Star Shawn Marion

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-06-2008, 12:01 AM         #101
DumbOut456  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CTre said:
smart guy..
thet are at there best at fast court. half court they struggle too much.
 10 years ago '07        #102
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,386 | Props total: 13044 13044
y'all r also forgetting that shaq is one of the best at pulling down a board and throwing a long outlet pass to get the break started. 2 of shaq's best games this year came against phoenix, playing uptempo. he can be a monster on the boards for them. phoenix takes what like 90 shots a game? meaning the other team takes about 90? a.ssuming they shoot a great 50% between them, that's 90 rebounding opportunities, not counting free throws. amare's softass only grabs 9 a game, i imagine shaq will do a lot better if he's getting 8 rpg playing in miami's slowass, terrible offense.
 10 years ago '07        #103
mcnasty07 
space
space
space
$55 | Props total: 6 6
i hope this trade goes down and shaq wins another championship to silence all the people saying he sucks now. the main problem is he doesnt get touches in miami this year. still shoots 60% from the field. and like 12% from the line.
 02-06-2008, 12:19 AM         #104
rawproduct03  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mat The W said:
lol steve kerr aint been on the job for a whole year and he's already fu*ked up the suns. no way shaq fits into their system. suns losing every where - they losing youth, scoring, reb, 3pt shooting, ft shooting, etc etc. the path just got easier for Kobe, bynum gonna merk shaq again if they meet in the playoffs.
^^^^haa your a retard marion wasn't exactly what we call young, and only reason why they run so much is cuz marion can't hit a jumper in the half court to save his life, with shaq they can have an effective half court offense which is what you need in the playoffs to win a title marion does his best whodini impression and disappears in the playoffs suns are favs to win the title
 02-06-2008, 12:21 AM         #105
wisdom558  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FrenchGirl556 said:
hate on shaq ? :sick: we are just speaking the truth, hes slow and sloppy !

I agree. But if he go to suns I can see him helping them winning a championship. Real talk
 02-06-2008, 12:23 AM         #106
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hahah this is great news for the pacific division, Marion is not easily replacable and the Suns are really going to miss everything he did moreso on the defensive side....and who is going to play PG barbosa?
and whoever said the suns have a deep bench ahahha
A BENCH THEY DONT USE
they never go further than like 1 or two guys off the bench and that is going to end up fu*king them up in the end
damn i really hope this trade happens, if it does... so begins the downfall of the suns to mediocrity!!!
 10 years ago '04        #107
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
Trade is done pending physical.

I still don't get this trade... The Suns owner wants to cut salary, so he gives up his biggest contract (which Marion is sure to opt out of), for an overpriced Shaq who doesn't fit in their system?

Last edited by A.G; 02-06-2008 at 12:25 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #108
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
fu*kin old timers
 10 years ago '04        #109
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2969 2969
so long big fella!:applause:

next to go: ricky davis and j-will
 02-06-2008, 12:32 AM         #110
wisdom558  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
Trade is done pending physical.

I still don't get this trade... The Suns owner wants to cut salary, so he gives up his biggest contract (which Marion is sure to opt out of), for an overpriced Shaq who doesn't fit in their system?

thats a good look !
 10 years ago '06        #111
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
Okay some people saying Shaq will help the Suns Half Court offense, which they really need, to compete with the Spurs.

Some people thinks Shaq is slow and old now, which is true, but i just think playing on a team inthe bottom of the division with low level talent will have damn near anybody playing half a.ss, and also Pat Riley said couple weeks ago, that Shaq has cut down on his size & was inthe best shape in a long time. I'm not totally against this trade, I think if the Suns get Shaq this will probably light a fire under his a.ss and get back to playing some ball with the Playoffs coming up soon. I also think Shaq get traded he will start back getting the calls he normally has gotten inthe past.

But this is Marion, A player who doesnt mind running the floor and actually plays D & will give you 2 steals a night on any given day. I will hate to loose him but the Suns will loose him anyways after this season cuz of his contract... So i dont really see that much of a gamble...
 02-06-2008, 12:36 AM         #112
DaRealMrLRP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

No longer confident they can win a championship with their current roster, the Phoenix Suns are close to completing a blockbuster trade that will bring them Shaquille O'Neal, a source with knowledge of the negotiations said Tuesday.

O'Neal is scheduled to travel to Phoenix aboard a private plane Wednesday, the source said, to undergo an MRI on his ailing left hip. If he passes the physical, the Suns will complete the trade by sending Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to the Miami Heat.

The Miami Herald first reported the Suns and Heat were in serious trade discussions involving O'Neal.

Frustrated by Miami's dramatic dropoff this season – the Heat own the NBA's worst record at 9-37 – O'Neal had begun telling teammates he wanted to be traded but never thought a deal would come to fruition, a Heat source said.

ADVERTISEMENT
The trade represents a dramatic change for the Suns, whose run-and-gun, small-ball style had revolutionized the league in recent seasons. That same style, however, had failed to bring the Suns a championship, and team officials had become increasingly skeptical about their chances of contending without giving Amare Stoudemire some help on the front line.

While praising recent improvement in Stoudemire's defense last week, Suns general manager Steve Kerr said the team still was doing Stoudemire a "disservice" by playing him at center instead of his more natural power forward position.

While last week's loss to a San Antonio team that was missing Tony Parker again raised some doubts, it was the Lakers' acquisition of Memphis forward Pau Gasol on Friday that ultimately spurred the Suns to consider aggressively looking for another big man. League sources said the Suns also had conversations about Charlotte's Emeka Okafor and Philadelphia's Samuel Dalembert in recent days.

O'Neal, 35, still is a physical presence but seems a poor fit for Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo offense. Suns coaches, however, watched film of O'Neal on Tuesday, the source said, and came away thinking O'Neal's strong passing skills from the high post would work well in their half-court schemes. The Suns also have shown increasingly more confidence in playing forward Boris Diaw next to Stoudemire and think that combination will suffice when O'Neal isn't on the floor.
 02-06-2008, 12:36 AM         #113
Jayborne23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Horrible for the Suns? This trade makes sense on many levels.

Marcus Banks gets zero burn and has a long contract, there is no reason to keep him. The Suns have made some good post-season runs, but would you say they are a championship team? Not really. With the Lakers getting Pau Gasol, the Spurs still being around, and all the other good teams in the West, would it not be smart to try something else? Marion makes great contributions to the play of the Suns on both sides of the floor, but he's also been known to butt heads with Amare. He also wants more recognition. I remember Bill Simmons saying something about him being asked would he rather be the star of a lottery team or be a contributor on a championship team, and he pondered his answer for some time. Marion wants to be the "man" or one of them, and he'd get that chance in Miami. It's a big market team, he has Wade, he'd get tons of TV time.

Back to the Suns, they get a motivated Shaq. When Shaq is motivated, Shaq is a monster. He'll be extra motivated to show up and prove he can play win another championship elsewhere. The big men in the West aren't dominant like Shaq, he can still play with the best of them when healthy. Not to mention that Nash will be getting him looks left and right. Another key factor to this deal is the cap it will free up in two years. I'd say no one thinks Shaq is going to stay around after this coming contract comes up, freeing up some $20+ million for the Suns, a team that has literally been selling draft picks so they could save some money on cap.

Miami wins in this deal too, because they get a player that could definitely be an All Star for years to come in the East. He brings the athleticism and hunger the Heat severely lack. Imagine Wade/Marion/Beasley. Oh my god. (The key word is imagine, that won't happen).

Shaq is the type of player teams can mold their offense around. And when those games slow down in the post-season, his presence will be huge.

Last edited by Jayborne23; 02-06-2008 at 12:41 AM..
 02-06-2008, 12:40 AM         #114
rawproduct03  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
smh at people thinkin shaq can't "fit the system" a system that they need to use to hide marions horrible jumper say what you want about shaq but he still shootin about 60% he just don't get enough touches but he will with the suns, suns are now a team that you really don't wanna play come playoff time
 10 years ago '06        #115
tharegime 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,163 | Props total: 21 21
i cant believe it
 02-06-2008, 12:43 AM         #116
JaeWil  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
shaq is trash now
 02-06-2008, 12:45 AM         #117
skletch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't wait for the Sun's to flop. @ their desperate atempt to match the Lakers.
 10 years ago '04        #118
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
wow, they really really hate marion timberwolves type of trade here
 02-06-2008, 12:48 AM         #119
rasheed √2.0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn the "lets win one title then fade to obscurity the next year" strategy rears its ugly head once again.

this gonna be fun to watch though!
 02-06-2008, 12:48 AM         #120
DaRealMrLRP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FrenchGirl556 said:

[pic - click to view]

your a dumb a.ss arent u ... the duh comment is really unneeded
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy