Official: Shaquille O'Neal Traded To The Phoenix Suns For All-Star Shawn Marion

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
194 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #41
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
 DaRealMrLRP said:
ask the coach how well shawn plays defense ... he is actually one of the best 3pt shooters on the team (only espn watchers wouldnt know this) and u just slapped urself in the mouth saying nash has to defend someone ... not clutch he just hit a game winner the other night ... joe johnson aint all that good either he is spotty on the hawks what does that tell u .. every team plays to win a ring dumb a.ss this has nothing to do wit marion and where he is at ... amare only scores inside and plays no defense period thats y he gets abused by duncan ... look at the steals leader on the suns i think marion is the leader right ... and rebounds ... ur stupid i dont know why i just wasted time respondnig to your ignorance

All the Shawn Marion haters :finger::banghead::finger:
It's not so much, let's bash shawn marion.. But to be real, his stats are a little over inflated due to easy baskets and playing an up tempo game constantly.. He is a pretty good defender, he's an averege rebounder to me though, take in mind thier will be more opportunities being the amount of shots put up.. exsp with the o-boards.. long shots= long rebounds..

The suns have enough firepower to score, that's not thier problem.. half court defense while improved.. His still an achelies heel against the spurs..
Having an extra body to bang with duncan could be vital.. loosing kurt thomas hurt them a lot.. kurt isn't gonna blow people away with his numbers but could give timmy fits sometimes on d.. Just think it's time to try something different If I'm phoenix.. Thier window with nash is getting smaller every year
 02-05-2008, 07:26 PM         #42
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if this goes thru the league is officially fixed.
 10 years ago '04        #43
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$13,018 | Props total: 2910 2910
shaq's 20 million off the books
+ maybe marion's 17 million off the books
+ plus ricky davis ($7 million) and jason williams ($8 million)
= $52 million in cap space

and a probable top 5 pick in a loaded draft

do it pat!

Last edited by madness; 02-05-2008 at 07:33 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #44
jj01 
space
space
$44,935 | Props total: 4619 4619
 ginobili 20 said:
It's not so much, let's bash shawn marion.. But to be real, his stats are a little over inflated due to easy baskets and playing an up tempo game constantly.. He is a pretty good defender, he's an averege rebounder to me though, take in mind thier will be more opportunities being the amount of shots put up.. exsp with the o-boards.. long shots= long rebounds..

The suns have enough firepower to score, that's not thier problem.. half court defense while improved.. His still an achelies heel against the spurs..
Having an extra body to bang with duncan could be vital.. loosing kurt thomas hurt them a lot.. kurt isn't gonna blow people away with his numbers but could give timmy fits sometimes on d.. Just think it's time to try something different If I'm phoenix.. Thier window with nash is getting smaller every year

nice post gino

shaq cannot play in that system, esp in the condition he is in. it will take him a grip just to get thru a half in that offense. i really want this sh*t to happen tho
 10 years ago '06        #45
tharegime 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,163 | Props total: 21 21
this is retarded. it makes no sense at all
 10 years ago '05        #46
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,104 | Props total: 1538 1538
 DaRealMrLRP said:
i wont be such a big suns fan anymore imma have to go where my boi go ... so when u see that avy flip u already know why ... and thats the dumbest trade ive ever heard of
The only thing worse than someone like you is someone who jumps on the bandwagon of whoever is winning the most (aka the Boston Celtics bandwagon that was virtually non-existent last year).
 10 years ago '07        #47
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,373 | Props total: 13027 13027
i don't believe this. i saw shaq get interviewed just yesterday and he was fine. he's too proud, if they told him they were trying to trade him, he'd be pissed. if this were to happen though, maybe he'd teach amare how to not be so soft.
 10 years ago '04        #48
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,066 | Props total: 4417 4417
 DaRealMrLRP said:
ask the coach how well shawn plays defense ... he is actually one of the best 3pt shooters on the team (only espn watchers wouldnt know this) and u just slapped urself in the mouth saying nash has to defend someone ... not clutch he just hit a game winner the other night ... joe johnson aint all that good either he is spotty on the hawks what does that tell u .. every team plays to win a ring dumb a.ss this has nothing to do wit marion and where he is at ... amare only scores inside and plays no defense period thats y he gets abused by duncan ... look at the steals leader on the suns i think marion is the leader right ... and rebounds ... ur stupid i dont know why i just wasted time respondnig to your ignorance

All the Shawn Marion haters :finger::banghead::finger:
wtf is his coach supposed to say in between trying to trade his a.ss every month for some1 better

your boyfriends overrated face it hed rather go to a team and score 30 points a game than win a ring and yes he said it

dumbass the trade makes you better and shaq comes off your cap in two years i hope they dont make a trade and keep the same team that cant play defense

and you just sonned yourself steve nash doesnt have to play any defense he hasnt been thats why your team cant get out of the west thats why dallas got rid of his a.ss

keep the same team and end up like every other run and gun doug moe style team no rings but alot of memories of duncan knocking yall out of the playoffs
 10 years ago '05        #49
wr8201 
space
space
$5,894 | Props total: 4 4
i doubt the trade will happen

it would be a good trade for the heat

they would be able 2 have a lot of cap space next year
 02-05-2008, 07:59 PM         #50
lyrical genius  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah this makes sense. a team known for there fast style of play gets that fattest slowest dude in the NBA

this is BS.....close thread
 10 years ago '05        #51
BlastttOFF 
space
space
$2,768 | Props total: 18 18
If Shaq played for the suns,
they could score 3 times and he would still be beyond halfcourt...
 10 years ago '06        #52
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
I don't know, If I'm the spurs, I'm not really worried bout marion at all.. His play declines greatley in the playoffs.. I know shaq is a shell of his former self but I only see him playing 15-20 minutes a game in that system.. While shaq would be completly out of his elements in that style, at the same time could be slightly effective against sa... Dantoni would prolly do a lot of offensive/defensive switches in crunchtime.. It would put some preasure on oberto and elson, timmy in spots to guard him straight up... Most of the spurs/suns games went down to the final 2 minutes.. Where in spots, take in mind the word in spots.. could be a difference maker.. Would be interesting to say the least..

So jj U think It's a better look for the spurs if the suns make that trade?
 10 years ago '07        #53
kidmakaveli 
space
space
$4,709 | Props total: 916 916
The Lakers got Kerr shook
 02-05-2008, 08:13 PM         #54
gangstab320  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
one thing yall dont c is when n*ggas get traded some times they become beasts some times bums
 02-05-2008, 08:21 PM         #55
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
Rose ????

Heat wont even be in the lottery next year if Marion goes there, Heat will make the playoffs in the garbage a.ss East
im talking this yr....

u think marion will move this team from the worst record to the playoffs in less than half a season?
 10 years ago '06        #56
jj01 
space
space
$44,935 | Props total: 4619 4619
 ginobili 20 said:
I don't know, If I'm the spurs, I'm not really worried bout marion at all.. His play declines greatley in the playoffs.. I know shaq is a shell of his former self but I only see him playing 15-20 minutes a game in that system.. While shaq would be completly out of his elements in that style, at the same time could be slightly effective against sa... Dantoni would prolly do a lot of offensive/defensive switches in crunchtime.. It would put some preasure on oberto and elson, timmy in spots to guard him straight up... Most of the spurs/suns games went down to the final 2 minutes.. Where in spots, take in mind the word in spots.. could be a difference maker.. Would be interesting to say the least..

So jj U think It's a better look for the spurs if the suns make that trade?

im not all that worried about marion either, he is ghost against us in the playoffs. having shaq would shake up that team, marion can guard multiple positions b/c of his speed whereas nobody else on the suns can. having him go means parker and manu basically have free rain and with them driving to the rim can get shaq in foul trouble, or since he is slow on the help defense they can give it to duncan for a layup. shaq can only play limited minutes as it is, and that would go down playing in this uptempo system. also he is injured and has missed games, thus he is not in game shape. playing in that system would do nothing for him since he is not in shape. he also misses hella games, so i wouldnt worry about him in a 7 game series against us, a.ssuming they get there with all these uptempo teams they might have to see before us.

the suns dont want to play slow, kerr and diantoni already beefed about that earlier, they would take time to get adjusted and to even start to feel comfortable with somebody who can actually play defense on their team. i hope this goes down, not that we needed help beating this team anyway
 10 years ago '04        #57
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,264 | Props total: 2827 2827
 icedout921 said:
im talking this yr....

u think marion will move this team from the worst record to the playoffs in less than half a season?
word Marion isn't even that good.. the Team needs a hustler tho.. and the thought of gettin Shaq contract away from the Heat brings tears of happiness to my eyes..
 10 years ago '04        #58
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,264 | Props total: 2827 2827
 Andre3000 said:
if this goes thru the league is officially fixed.
Amare won't have to play Center all game anymore.. I means the guy plays like 35 mins a game and doesnt even average 10 rebounds..
 02-05-2008, 08:27 PM         #59
icedout921  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CTre said:
word Marion isn't even that good.. the Team needs a hustler tho.. and the thought of gettin Shaq contract away from the Heat brings tears of happiness to my eyes..
word and marion will most likely want to test free agency...brand would fit in great with wade and rose would take so much pressure off of wade. Dare I say DYnasty!!!!!!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #60
Kadroan 102 heat pts102
space
space
$33,411 | Props total: 6377 6377
it'd b weird. i mean yeah the suns wont win the championship with the lineup they have now but they better off pursuing a more agile young big man like channing fyre. its already bad enough they got to change up their offense to fit grant hill in, they might as well change it up all together now
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
13 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
70 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago