Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
104 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-07-2008, 01:03 AM         #301
imjustbeingme86  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
number one marion is very overrated. he is not a create a shot type of guy and playin with steve nash makes him look amazing. for him to go to miami without a playmaker, he will suffer. second, the suns have been running and gunning for years and yet that ring jus keeps alluding them. they havent realized to win, even in the nba, you still must play some sort of defense. consistently. until they play some d, and put a banner up they are jus a team full of talent but with nothing to show.

oh and just wait for the lakers. they will show. black mamba wit big men = dangerous

DaRealMrLRP said:
first off LA still hasnt proved shyt to bein better then the Suns ... and until Gasol is 100% its still gonna be a battle ... just wait and see at how shyt develops patna

and your a complete idiot for even thinking Marion is overrated either you dont watch enough basketball or u just watch highlights of games ... sit out of trade talks especially when it comes to teams u know nothing about ... suns are a run and gun team til the end have been for many many years now and will continue to be
 10 years ago '04        #302
bomester 
space
space
$2,634 | Props total: 0 0
 FACEMOB1 said:
at all these shaq haters....n*gga has FOUR rings for a reason....keep hating, he'll be holdin up another championship trophy this year....but you know kobe prolly gonna get to the 2nd round this year so laker fans can still be happy :rolleyes:
yea... he has 4 rings because of kobe. come on now.
 10 years ago '06        #303
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
funny thing is mia got a better package in the deal than wat la got back w/ shaq in his prime
 02-07-2008, 07:15 AM         #304
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bomester said:
yea... he has 4 rings because of kobe. come on now.
Kobe played in Miami?
 02-07-2008, 08:08 AM         #305
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lakers >>>> Suns, Celtics
 02-07-2008, 10:22 AM         #306
Big Dee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ the suns plannin to use shaq to grab boards and throw outlets. that n*gga's gonna be pissed
 10 years ago '06        #307
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,980 | Props total: 3527 3527
The Lakers must really be scaring people....but people shouldn't count Shaq out until we see them play together a few games
 10 years ago '05        #308
txhotboy 
space
space
$5,548 | Props total: 1192 1192
watch shaq start beastin again....hahahahahahaha

oh.. and why did it look like d. wade was about 2 cry on sportscenter
 02-07-2008, 01:53 PM         #309
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shaq was quoted as to saying on why alot of people don't think he'll fit in the Suns system:

"I'm very upset, and when I'm upset, I'm known to do things... like win championships"

10 years ago '05        #310
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 WilliamHBonnie said:
Shaq was quoted as to saying on why alot of people don't think he'll fit in the Suns system:

"I'm very upset, and when I'm upset, I'm known to do things... like win championships"

lmao @ that quote....

but yea you people need to realize that that with taking shaq the suns arent going run and gun nearly as much as they used....im sure they understand that style will not win them a championship...so they will play halfcourt...shaq will still be double teamed and leave ppl like bell, and grant open who can hit jumpers...so in the end this wont be that bad
 10 years ago '04        #311
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,754 | Props total: 97 97
the suns lost their glue
 02-07-2008, 02:27 PM         #312
LJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
press conference was vintage shaq
diesel>

Last edited by LJay; 02-07-2008 at 02:43 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #313
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
u guys r funny

the suns fu*ked themselves...

lemme remind yall of somethin...well 20, million somethings....DOLLARS

20 mill for shaq...shaq now...no time machines, not only now...but think about payin 20 mill for shaq in 2 years...thats fu*kin retarded

truth is tho, shaq is always on his down-side right before he explodes again...but i dont see it happenin this time

the heat made out in this deal due to the cap relief theyll get after this season...the suns better win it all this year, its their only shot
 10 years ago '04        #314
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,956 | Props total: 708 708
Shaq is Bum Juice... He has to prove me wrong before I give him ANY credit...

and yo, why isn't everybody blaming D-Wade for getting Shaq traded? Thats what happened to Kobe when the Lakers traded his fat a.ss
 10 years ago '04        #315
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,515 | Props total: 6448 6448
umm i dont like shaq but hes still relevant in the game as he still draw double teams and he has yet to be completely shut down. im sure as we all know nash will make shaq look good just as he did with amare and one of them going to be open and if they're cover, raja and hill got an open shot. but its not a bad trade at all for either team. wade finally gets the help he needs out at wing to take the pressure off him, we'll really see how good marion is since they don't have a legit pg to spread the floor. never really seen marcus banks play but he definately has an opportunity to start over jason williams.
 02-07-2008, 05:27 PM         #316
ceo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
You know what I'll see what happen in the last few weeks of the Suns season and playoffs

cuz Amare with Shaq at 4 and 5 with Nash running the point is scary

I still dont think that will beat the Spurs

they can beat the lakers & Dallas with that squad though
Who on the Spurs can stop Shaq???

Shaq's presence in the paint along with Amare will make teams think twice before driving to the basket.
 10 years ago '04        #317
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
 GoldynChyld421 said:
and yo, why isn't everybody blaming D-Wade for getting Shaq traded? Thats what happened to Kobe when the Lakers traded his fat a.ss
if you watched basketball you wouldnt even need to ask that question
 10 years ago '04        #318
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
Shaquille O'Neal may now be built like Hurley from Lost. His a.ss is so junkified it resembles the back end of a C-130. Shaq's so old he's no longer The Diesel; he's The Model T. He's the NBA equivalent of Joan Rivers.

That is all true. Can't deny any of it. And this is what you will read from my friend Gregg "Three G's" Doyel as he pulverizes O'Neal as an overrated fat slob. The usual blah, blah, blah from Doyel's pie hole.

The most important aspect of O'Neal going to Phoenix is something that will totally be lost on Doyel. This trade is about one thing and one thing only. It's about legacies, two remarkable legacies in particular: O'Neal's and Ko-Me Bryant's.

Since Bryant ran O'Neal out of Los Angeles -- and no amount of revisionism will change that truth -- Shaq went to Miami and won a title and Ko-Me has won zippo.

Now, with O'Neal heading to the Suns, he will add his second ring before Ko-Me gets his first.

And when O'Neal gets that ring in Phoenix it will finally end a long argument and prove without a doubt that Shaq made Bryant. That Shaq was the catalyst of that great Lakers team. That Shaq is the one who truly made the O'Neal-Bryant Lakers, not Ko-Me.

Most of all it will prove that O'Neal's career will end up being far superior to that of Bryant's. In the end the man who ran O'Neal out of Los Angeles should be judged as a lesser player, teammate and person than O'Neal.

It's amazing how many people believe Ko-Me has possessed the better career while simultaneously undervaluing O'Neal's.

O'Neal versus Bryant is a classic sports argument. Did Montana make Rice or Rice make Montana? How good would Johnny Unitas have been without Raymond Berry?

Did Shaq make Kobe or did Kobe make Shaq?

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Shaq's winning percentage since the breakup with Kobe is 128-76 during the regular season (.627 winning percentage) and 25-15 in the postseason (.625). Bryant is 143-128 (.528) and 4-8 (.333).

In Ko-Me's defense, Shaq played in the much easier East and had Dwyane Wade. Plus O'Neal has been hurt a lot, which accounts for the total game differential. But you cannot underestimate the power of O'Neal's still formidable influence (and his winning percentage is higher despite the injury-plagued, putrid season the Miami Heat are having).

Bryant is a Hall of Fame player but my biggest problem has been his historic selfishness and inability to raise the level of play of those around him. That's something all of the greats -- Jordan, Bird, Russell, O'Neal -- managed to accomplish while Bryant has not fully.

It's accurate the Lakers' front office has mostly failed Bryant (until recently), and while the acquisition of Pau Gasol will definitely help Bryant, my money is still on O'Neal winning a second post-Bryant ring before Bryant snags his first.

O'Neal's ability to raise the level of teammates, as well as manage his ego when those teammates turn into stars, is part genetic, part big-man enabled. Talented centers who can skillfully pass the ball are just natural game-changers. These types of centers make players better almost by accident.

The larger part of this equation is the personality of O'Neal and Bryant. O'Neal may eat far too many double-stuffed chocolate chip cookies, and I know the Shaq we see now isn't physically the Shaq we saw years ago, but the personality has remained the same. O'Neal is much more engaging than Bryant, willing to share the spotlight and just fine with sharing touches.

Bryant's motto is similar to that of Terrell Owens: I love me some me.

"The true definition of a great player is making the players around you better," O'Neal said.

And he does that. O'Neal has a pharmacological effect on teams. Add the fat fella, and the team gets better.

Just watch what happens to Wade now.

This is not to say O'Neal will go to Phoenix and drop a triple-double every game. O'Neal will add 12 to 15 points and seven or eight boards and a handful of a.ssists. He'll be solid.

More important, O'Neal will teach the Suns team how to get over the hump.

Remember, if the Suns are so great with Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire, then why don't they have rings? The Suns have been light in the shorts and thin in the center. Nash is tough, but overall the team has lacked heart and if there is something O'Neal can bring besides a still formidable low-post presence is (ample) guts.

It's a perfect match: a motivated O'Neal and a Suns team that needs a heart.

"I'm upset," O'Neal said. "When I'm upset, I'm known to do certain things -- like win championships."

He'll have a second one post-Bryant.

It'll be Shaq 2, Ko-Me 0.

discuss
 10 years ago '06        #319
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
the difference between O'Neal and Kobe "making players around them better" is....

O'Neal is the most dominant NBA player in the history of the game IMO..... O'Neal being in the post demands attention which then frees up the open shots for players around him, Shaq makes players around him better by default... not because he has great court vision or is a great passer but because he has the size and power to demand attention

Kobe on the other hand as skilled as he is can only do so much.... he tried to move the ball around and they lost, he went off for those streak of 50 point games and got slammed for it, i cant say how many times Kobe has set up open looks for players in the past and they couldnt hit the shot

its alot easier for a big man to make players around him better then a SG, especially when the SG is the only scoring threat on the team (until this year with Bynum/Gasol)

EDIT.... directed at the post above, these modding a.ss n*ggas move every thread now

Last edited by eLLz; 02-08-2008 at 03:42 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #320
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
heres the other article related to the on posted just above (i dont know y it got moved either)
__________________________________________________ ____________

Mike Freeman has done it now. If you have a problem with any of the next several hundred words -- if any of them irritate you, or even offend you -- take it up with Freeman. He's the one who drove me to this position, to this frenzy. He's the one who has made me furious by pushing me into a corner that nobody should dwell.

He's making me defend Kobe Bryant.

Bryant cannot be defended, neither on the court nor off it. You know about his offensive prowess in the NBA, where he is the most unstoppable scorer since Michael Jordan, and among the five top scorers in league history with Jordan, Jabbar, Chamberlain and Elgin Baylor. Kobe Bryant is offensive to the max.

He's offensive off the court, too. He's a selfish guy, one of the most selfish guys the NBA has ever seen -- an even bigger statement than my previous one about his status among the game's top scorers.

The NBA has always been a team sport built around self-centered individual greatness, but Kobe has taken that me-first mentality to unseen heights by breaking up the Lakers because it wasn't enough for him to win three NBA championships with Shaquille O'Neal. No, Kobe wanted to show he could win some more by himself.

And of course, he couldn't. He couldn't, and he can't, and he won't. Nobody can win a ring by himself -- not Kobe Bryant, not Shaquille O'Neal, not Jordan himself, who had in Scottie Pippen a Hall of Fame running mate.

But Kobe will get there again. He'll win another ring, because at some point Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak will surround him with enough talent to get it done, or Jerry Buss will get off his tanning bed and fire Kupchak and bring in a GM who will stop squandering one of the top offensive forces in league history.

Freeman says otherwise. Freeman says Kobe blew it by breaking up the Lakers, and while Freeman's right -- I think my right eyelid is twitching -- he's only right up to a point. Kobe blew it then, but Kobe didn't blow it forever. I refuse to believe that. This is his 12th NBA season, but Kobe's only 29. That's the prime for most players, a shocking concept considering Bryant already is approaching 21,000 career points.

Bryant has lots of time, and it's possible that Kupchak has finally found the right mix of players now that he has brought in Pau Gasol to team with Andrew Bynum (eventually) and Lamar Odom on the NBA's most startling frontcourt since Boston had Bird, McHale, Parish and Maxwell.

I'm not saying the Lakers are all of a sudden the front-runners for the NBA title, or even the Western Conference title. That's way too premature. But with Gasol, it's possible. It's possible because Kobe Bryant now has a superstar to play with. Maybe it won't happen this season, but in the coming years, as Gasol gets comfortable with the triangle offense, anything is possible.

Meanwhile, Shaquille O'Neal continues to be the luckiest superstar of all time. After he couldn't get it done in Orlando, where he had a mostly disappointing star sidekick in Penny Hardaway, O'Neal got paired with rising superstar Kobe Bryant, and together they won three NBA titles. Then after Kobe did his gopher routine and undermined the Lakers from underneath, O'Neal landed in Miami alongside another rising superstar, Dwyane Wade, and together they won the 2006 NBA title.

Along the way O'Neal has ceased to be the league's dominant post player. He's not an All-Star anymore, officially, after getting in last season and possibly the year before on reputation. But he's still good enough to play a role on an NBA championship team, and he has fallen into a fabulous situation in Phoenix where he doesn't have to be the first or second option. Amare Stoudemire and Steve Nash will take care of those spots.

All O'Neal has to do is lean on Tim Duncan on defense and stake out a spot near the basket and wait for Nash to feed him for a dunk. And O'Neal would be well served to convert the dunk, since he still can't hit a free throw.

O'Neal might well get himself another championship ring this season, but it won't prove anything in the Kobe vs. Shaq debate.

Let me ask you a question: If Kobe had been the one traded to the Suns, do you really think the Suns wouldn't be an enormous favorite to win the title as well? Of course they would. But Shaq's the one who has basically eaten his way out of Miami, helping run that franchise into the ground, and as a reward he gets to play alongside the best point guard in the NBA.

Kobe has to be furious, but Kobe brought this on himself. While Shaq was playing alongside Dwyane Wade, Kobe was being paired with Kwame Brown. Turns out Kobe-Kwame wasn't as successful as Kobe-Shaq.

Kobe has learned his lesson. Only time will tell for sure, but I'm sure of it. And now that he has Pau Gasol, he has to realize that his window for an NBA championship is open once again.

Before he's finished, Bryant will break Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's NBA scoring record of 38,387 points. Along the way, and if it comes as collateral damage so be it, he will win another NBA championship ring or two. Bryant is that good. He's not good enough to win it alone -- neither was Jordan, and neither is LeBron James -- but he won't have to.

Whether he's playing with Gasol now or another superstar in the future, 29-year-old Kobe Bryant has way too much high-level basketball ahead of him not to put a fourth or fifth ring on his finger.

Only Mitch Kupchak can keep it from happening.
__________________________________________________ _________
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy