Official: Shaquille O'Neal Traded To The Phoenix Suns For All-Star Shawn Marion

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #201
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
 modalee81 said:

[pic - click to view]

that sh*t is hilarious...
 10 years ago '04        #202
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
 icedout921 said:
marion put up similar numbers before nash he'll get his numbers..

hopefully d wade shuts it down tho and marion hates miami so he opts out.

than the heat would be set.
Real talk... they were just talkin about that on ESPN... lets not forget he was an all-star player before Nash...

I hope he opts out and comes to LA :D
 10 years ago '06        #203
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 icedout921 said:
if marion opts out they can..

again heat lineup should be

rose and brand to add to this team plus another vet or two with the exception :applause:
even discussing the possibility that Marion will opt out is

he has a player option scheduled to make over 17 Mil

NOBODY will pay him close to that, he'll play his contract out and Brand will sign long term with someone else this offseason

you think if the Suns knew he would opt out they would make this move ?

hell no, they would wait until the offseason when Marion 17 mil is off the books and sign Brand themself
 10 years ago '04        #204
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,834 | Props total: 2001 2001
Ellz... or someone with intelligence.. pleaes explain this trade to me

I understand why the Heat are doing it... but I cannot figure this out at all for why the Suns would do this..

They are trading one of the best all around players in the game for Shaq??

Like I just cant figure it out at all... its not for any type of cap room or anything right?? Cuz I thought Shaq was set to make 20 mill or so for the next few years..

He can't run the floor and doesn't fit their system at all... If he was Shaq of 2 years ago then I could understand.. but since that time hes just gotten so much worse..

I just can't understand it
 10 years ago '06        #205
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:
Ellz... or someone with intelligence.. pleaes explain this trade to me

I understand why the Heat are doing it... but I cannot figure this out at all for why the Suns would do this..

They are trading one of the best all around players in the game for Shaq??

Like I just cant figure it out at all... its not for any type of cap room or anything right?? Cuz I thought Shaq was set to make 20 mill or so for the next few years..

He can't run the floor and doesn't fit their system at all... If he was Shaq of 2 years ago then I could understand.. but since that time hes just gotten so much worse..

I just can't understand it
Amare = PF

remember the first playoff series he ever balled in and was FILTHY against the Spurs... he averaged 34 PPG/9.5 rebounds/1.5 blocks

that was when he was a PF, hes not a center and loses alot of his game when he has to be a Center which is what hes been doing since then..... watch him on the floor when Skinner has been coming into games this year, his game is alot more smooth when he shifts back to playing @ the 4

2. Suns are forced to a half court offense in the playoffs when playing the Spurs, why not get the better personnel, remember who was the only good defender last year for the Suns consistently against the Spurs.... Kurt Thomas, not a fast break run and gun player but a good defender

3. Shaq commands attention, fu*k how old he is... Amare and Shaq in the post will free up the shooters on the Suns, Hill has been hitting the trey and Nash/Bell/Barbosa all can get wet from deep.... Shaq was a big reason for Kapono having that big season when the Heat won a ship, Suns have the shooters that will benefit

n*ggas dont really know ball are acting like this is the worst trade ever, dont expect the Suns to push Shaq heavy during the regular season, its all about the playoffs... ask the Spurs who are coasting right now but will still smack n*ggas in the face come playoff time....... while Marion was a good player he wasnt a GREAT player and wasnt great on getting his own shot or freeing up a shot off the dribble, they will miss his perimeter defense and ability to guard any position on the floor but as long as Bell can stay healthy hes a legit defender

Last edited by eLLz; 02-06-2008 at 03:28 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #206
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,752 | Props total: 434 434
anyone know if marion is gonna play tonight against the hornets? PLease answer
 10 years ago '06        #207
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,646 | Props total: 8582 8582
Shaq wouldn't fit in their system but their uptempo style aint gonna work plus Nash getting old his seasons are numbered for some reason I think this might work only thing is Shaq aint worth 20mil a season.
 10 years ago '06        #208
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
teams can transition to a half court offense.... the Mavs did it and became a better team

one thing i see the Suns struggling with is play calling at this point since its gonna be more of a slowed down offense (i wouldnt say it will be a half court by any stretch)

Mike D'Antoni is a fu*kin AWFUL coach.... hella overrated and not good at Xs and Os
 10 years ago '06        #209
NCAT_Boi 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 19 19
from what i heard on ESPN this morning...they were acquiring Shaq as a presence in the middle with Amare, and moving him back to PF...but still letting that fast pace offense run through Nash...whether or not it will work, we'll see when the deal is final.
 10 years ago '04        #210
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
anyone know???? marion playing tonight?
 10 years ago '04        #211
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,699 | Props total: 436 436
the trade didn't go thru yet, but Marion might not play tonight......

Im sure the Suns looked it over, they watched some Shaq tapes an figured they could fit him in.

Diaw and Barbosa will pick up the scoring in place of Marion im sure

98 - 25 STRK: 1 l in a row WIN PCT: 79% 24 (+2) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 49-25, Rank #44 | Aug 16: 61-29, Rank #68 | Aug 15: 408-115, Rank #29 | Aug 14: 61-36, Rank #91 | Aug 13: 61-33, Rank #61 | Aug 12: 299-107, Rank #17 | Aug 11: 365-154, Rank #27 | Aug 10: 668-259, Rank #13 | Aug 09: 740-333, Rank #10 | Aug 08: 456-115, Rank #10 *
 10 years ago '04        #212
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
fu*kkkkk...idk what to do..keep him in the starting lineup or notttt...fu*kkkk
 02-06-2008, 04:20 PM         #213
PHAT RAT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
Amare = PF

remember the first playoff series he ever balled in and was FILTHY against the Spurs... he averaged 34 PPG/9.5 rebounds/1.5 blocks

that was when he was a PF
No....That was When he was the Old Amare Stoudemire.....

You think the difference between him putting up 25-12 in the playoffs last year to 29-11 in 04-05 (and the 34 ppg/9.5 reb vs Spurs) is because of his POSITION?

Negro please...not even you Beleive that.
 10 years ago '07        #214
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
 eLLz said:
Shaq was a big reason for Kapono having that big season when the Heat won a ship
kapono hardly played their championship year, and played a grand total of 2 minutes in the playoffs that year. i agree with everything else u said though.
 10 years ago '06        #215
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
kapono hardly played their championship year, and played a grand total of 2 minutes in the playoffs that year. i agree with everything else u said though.
youre right, thats my bad

it was Posey and Walker chucking 3s all playoff series
 10 years ago '04        #216
doro85 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,166 | Props total: 435 435
lol..... worst trade.... wow

good job steve kerr
 10 years ago '04        #217
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,834 | Props total: 2001 2001
 eLLz said:
Amare = PF

that was when he was a PF, hes not a center and loses alot of his game when he has to be a Center which is what hes been doing since then..... watch him on the floor when Skinner has been coming into games this year, his game is alot more smooth when he shifts back to playing @ the 4

2. Suns are forced to a half court offense in the playoffs when playing the Spurs, why not get the better personnel, remember who was the only good defender last year for the Suns consistently against the Spurs.... Kurt Thomas, not a fast break run and gun player but a good defender

3. Shaq commands attention, fu*k how old he is... Amare and Shaq in the post will free up the shooters on the Suns, Hill has been hitting the trey and Nash/Bell/Barbosa all can get wet from deep.... Shaq was a big reason for Kapono having that big season when the Heat won a ship, Suns have the shooters that will benefit

n*ggas dont really know ball are acting like this is the worst trade ever, dont expect the Suns to push Shaq heavy during the regular season, its all about the playoffs... ask the Spurs who are coasting right now but will still smack n*ggas in the face come playoff time....... while Marion was a good player he wasnt a GREAT player and wasnt great on getting his own shot or freeing up a shot off the dribble, they will miss his perimeter defense and ability to guard any position on the floor but as long as Bell can stay healthy hes a legit defender
yah i see what youre saying it is only for the playoffs and Shaq and Amare could be dominant but i mean i dont kno im still not sold on the trade..

it all depends on shaq responds and plays.. if he ends up getting hurt again in the playoffs or something it could go down as one of the worst trades ever..

but if he plays like he did even in 06 and they win a chip then its all good

only time will tell
 10 years ago '04        #218
grydlok 38 heat pts38
space
space
$8,642 | Props total: 1096 1096
trade is awful.
I made the switch on NBA 2k8 and Phoenix went from the suns to the slugs.
 10 years ago '06        #219
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:
yah i see what youre saying it is only for the playoffs and Shaq and Amare could be dominant but i mean i dont kno im still not sold on the trade..

it all depends on shaq responds and plays.. if he ends up getting hurt again in the playoffs or something it could go down as one of the worst trades ever..

but if he plays like he did even in 06 and they win a chip then its all good

only time will tell
i think Shaq is balling lazy cause publicly its been known him and Riley dont have a good relationship and he knows the Heat are fu*kin trash so why ball hard ?

14/8/1.3 blocks a game Shaq is putting up in his games played this year is far from trash

anyone who thinks that Shaq doesnt have ANYTHING left is trippin...... Suns are a legit contender and i still think this move makes them better

Heat dont even get cap relief from this move or become a GREAT team so i dont see why they did it....... you save 3 mil next year, big deal

Miami fans all fixated on Elton Brand and sh*t when Marion is NEVER going to turn down that 17 mil player option..... hes overpaid as sh*t
 10 years ago '04        #220
Motion 817 heat pts817
space
space
$19,231 | Props total: 1659 1659
Pat Riley is straight gangster
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
24 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
284 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
121 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
78 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
88 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
19 hours ago