Official: #3 Duke @ #4 UNC Game Thread (02-06-08)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
7 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-04-2008, 08:58 PM         #21
ThugLuv5450  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bassy dude dont be talking like that...unc w/o lawson could is still tuff, but not the same...he's might as well not play though, cuz he plays and yall lose then what the chances of saying 'we lost cuz he's not 100%" not saying you would say that but these fake a.ss bandwagon dudes will....Its a lose a lose situation for duke if we win as far as bragging rights....It helps as far as seeding in the ACC tourny and reg. season title.
 10 years ago '06        #22
youngral 
space
space
$6,650 | Props total: 629 629
 Simba said:
You Know Javon Is Pullin For Duke.....
Hmmm time to make that 100 dollas on UNC then
 10 years ago '06        #23
Gd_UP 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 93 93
[QUOTE=Bezerk;11358350]i mean seriously, when has lawson ever been a factor in these games? this game is going to be, is UNC beasting in the post vs. r duke's shots falling.
DUke not having zoubek 100% for this game is > not having lawson...[/QUOTE]

with Frasior already out? are you nuts. I was at the UNC FSU game sunday QT cant hold my jock strap let alone LAwson
 10 years ago '06        #24
Gd_UP 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 93 93
and i turn 21 on wednesday gunna be a big night
 10 years ago '04        #25
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
$17,711 | Props total: 15 15
it's going to be a much more difficult game without lawson. but both teams would play each other to the wire if the scrubs were playin for one team and the stars were playin for the other!
 02-04-2008, 10:29 PM         #26
GatorNation07  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
QT is one of the worst players Carolina has ever had... dude is a walking turnover, and if he gets it across half court, he cant run their offense... he plays decent D on the ball, but gets beat off the ball all the time...

If UNC still had Frasor, then they would be OK... but with QT running the show, Ellington, Green, and Ginyard better handle the rock a lot, or it could get ugly if Duke is knocking down shots
 10 years ago '05        #27
pwayne 19 heat pts19
space
space
$4,140 | Props total: 0 0
I hope NC does this to Duke.

02-04-2008, 11:03 PM         #28
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoLedge18720 said:
of course you would say some dumb sh*t like that. When lawson isnt on the floor we arent even the same team. We cant even get into our offense without him. Thomas has to be the worst guard in college basketball I mean he is no threat to score and turns the ball over...what a combination...
when has lawson been the factor?
thomas' stats lately have been productive as fu*k... stop crying like some bi*ches...
n*gga had 9 points... 3/4 2-2 from the line last game... sounds pretty productive to me. only had 2 turnover and 6 a.ssists and 5 rebounds... oh yeah, he's been awful
 02-05-2008, 02:23 AM         #29
GatorNation07  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pwayne said:
I hope NC does this to Duke.

I'd take this...

or...

02-05-2008, 07:24 AM         #30
feardafoot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was istening to 99.9 the fan radio yesterday and something pissed me off that was discussed. Now mind you this station hasn't been on the air long but it's a big deal in North Carolina now. One of the guys was trying to imply that Carolina was trying to gain a Pyschological edge over Duke by faking the status of Ty Lawson. He said usually when a player is hurt bad enough to miss some time they hide him, and make it where the media cant talk to him. After the game Ty Lawson openly said, "as of rite now he didnt think he'd be able to go vs Duke because of the pain he was in."

I have been a Carolina fane since 1984 and we have been the cleanest program in sports period. We have nor will ever need an edge to compete with anybody on any level. If Ty says he is hurting then i believe he's hurting. If Roy says he's doubtful then he's doubtful. Coach K openly said, "We are going to prepare for Carolina with Ty Lawson. He even knows Carolina don't pull crap like that.

As for the game, if Lawson doesn't play we will have to find a way not to turn the ball over. Q did a good job vs FSU but they are not Duke. Duke plays probably the best man-to-man in the country. He will be sharing point time with Marcus Ginyard. Playing great defense and playing bigtime inside will be the key for Carolina. If duke hits 50% from 3 and plays excellent d they should win this game. Expect the unexpected though. Someone unexpected will have a great game. For which team i dont know.

My prediction Carolina 78 Duke 77
 02-05-2008, 07:31 AM         #31
feardafoot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bezerk said:
when has lawson been the factor?
thomas' stats lately have been productive as fu*k... stop crying like some bi*ches...
n*gga had 9 points... 3/4 2-2 from the line last game... sounds pretty productive to me. only had 2 turnover and 6 a.ssists and 5 rebounds... oh yeah, he's been awful
Stop it man. Carolina is a different team without lawson. They are a prodominant half court team with Q. They are a full court team with Lawson. Lawson has been a factor all year long. He had 16pts, 9 a.ssists @ Clemson. He had 14 and 8 @ Georgia Tech. Without him we lose both of those games. Instead of being 3rd in the country we'd be looking at struggling for the top 10. He's the floor general for Carolina, of course he's a factor.
 10 years ago '06        #32
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,975 | Props total: 163 163
UNC averages 91 points a game with Lawson.

They average right around 70 points a game without him. lol
 10 years ago '06        #33
youngral 
space
space
$6,650 | Props total: 629 629
71-69 Unc
 10 years ago '04        #34
hansolo79 
space
space
$670 | Props total: 2 2
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
I think UNC is going to pull this out. True, Lawson's speed will be missed, but Q is capable of running the O. He's played well in past Duke games. Just has to stay under control and get some confidence. I think Q is a better on the ball defender than Lawson and that will give FALLUS problems.

UNC 83
Duke 77
 02-05-2008, 12:45 PM         #35
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 feardafoot said:
Stop it man. Carolina is a different team without lawson. They are a prodominant half court team with Q. They are a full court team with Lawson. Lawson has been a factor all year long. He had 16pts, 9 a.ssists @ Clemson. He had 14 and 8 @ Georgia Tech. Without him we lose both of those games. Instead of being 3rd in the country we'd be looking at struggling for the top 10. He's the floor general for Carolina, of course he's a factor.
factor against duke though? not so much... any retard can throw it down low...
it gives u an advantage defensively to guard the perimeter with qt as well...
I've seen QT in recent games and I've said every time... "he actually looks a lot more comfortable out there" each time.
Plus, Thompson's stepped up the last 2 games.
 02-05-2008, 01:42 PM         #36
feardafoot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bezerk said:
factor against duke though? not so much... any retard can throw it down low...
it gives u an advantage defensively to guard the perimeter with qt as well...
I've seen QT in recent games and I've said every time... "he actually looks a lot more comfortable out there" each time.
Plus, Thompson's stepped up the last 2 games.
Still the difficulty of getting a good shot on most possesions rises with Q. Playing against a man to man d like duke will elevate that difficulty. Teammates will be counted on to come to the ball in the half court game for Carolina. Knowing Carolina though Lawson may go for a small amount of time. If he says to Roy, "I want to play and i can go" believe me, Roy won't stand in his way.
 10 years ago '06        #37
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,975 | Props total: 163 163
Brad (Birmingham, AL): Hey Doug, big duke fan here. Who do you have in the game tomorrow night?

Doug: (4:42 PM ET ) Duke. Good team and I think Lawson will sit. No Lawson...No chance.

I think most of the country who isn't Duke or UNC fans would agree with this f*g**t Doug Gottlieb.

Oh & Gottlieb is a fu*king f*g**t who should be fired from his job, he said yesterday that Ty's ankle injury was karma for Roy refusing to come on his show.
Then he wants to blast Woody Durham for sticking up for his school & calling out Gottlieb.
 02-05-2008, 05:05 PM         #38
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my answer to that is... No Zoubek, no chance.
 10 years ago '04        #39
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
so what's everyone doin tomorrow night? where ya'll watchin THE GAME

oh.. and let's not forget that Lawson made Paulus look like a human turnstile last year in Cameron. we have a chance to win the game without Lawson... but i would be more optomistic with him in the lineup

Last edited by uncfan888; 02-05-2008 at 05:08 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #40
uncfan888 5 heat pts
space
space
 feardafoot said:
this is right. with Lawson, we are run and gun. he's unbelievably quick and can take people off the dribble and to the basket. also he has an outside shot (somewhat). with QT, we can't push the ball upcourt as much. of course he has a.ssists, cuz he is terrified to take shots and he's had like 2 3's since he got here. he also dribbles the ball too upright and he favors his right hand cuz he's not nearly as adept as dribbling with the left. With Lawson, we're top 3.. with QT, top 20

the game plan is going to be to get it down low early and often and hopefully get duke into foul trouble like we did to FSU sunday. Hansbrough, Thompson, and Stephenson need to be prepared0 to have monster games tomorrow if we're going to come out of this with a W.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
112 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy