Budden Make Noise Outside Boxden?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 10 years ago '04        #21
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
 MELODY said:
200K A MONTH AND HOMMIE CAN ONLY AFFORD A BOXDEN STREET TEAM? GET OUTTA HERE. IF HE WAS MAKING ANY MONEY HE'D PAY FOR DOPE PRODUCTION, MONEY FOR PAYOLA, MONEY FOR PROMO, BUT NOTHING!!! HE BASICALLY GOT A NICE ADVANCE, WASN'T ABLE TO MAKE THE MONEY BACK FOR THE LABEL AND THE LABEL IS BASICALLY KEEPING ROYALTIES FROM HIM. PLEASE POINT OUT WHAT PROMOTER IS STILL HIRING BUDDEN TO PERFORM PUMP IT UP? I'M NOT HATING ON DUDE, I ACTUALLY LIKE HIM, BUT n*ggaS ON BOXDEN BE REACHIN'.
I think it was the MM3 interview or either a radio interview, but I heard him say it first hand, he is still doing shows overseas based off of Pump It Up, and people go crazy for him to do Dumb Out, a 7 minute song from a mixtape. He had to explain cause n*ggas think he doesnt have any money cause he doesnt have an album out, but he told the person he does 3-4 shows a month overseas, gets publishing checks from the album and PIU and gets money from real estate. Im just throwing around ballpark numbers cause n*ggas like Webbie and Plies can get anywhere from 20-30k a show.

So the n*gga can go overseas, do 4 shows from 25k, thats 100 grand. And I dont know how publishing money works, but, he gets the PIU money, which was a Billboard charter, he gets money from the album and he gets money from the real estate sh*t he does, so thats probably another 50-100k. 200k a month, comes out to about 2.4 million a year. But this dude I went to school with does real estate but he handles the paperwork side of it, and he had to do the paper work for Nas and Kelis's house and was shocked when he saw that the house costed like 2 or 3 million, but they had a mortgage on it. So when you take that 2.4, after taxes its like 1.5 and after you pay everybody who works for you its like 7, 8, 900. Payola is expensive my n*gga. You gotta break off A BUNCH of people for that sh*t. Paying Funk Flex 50 grand to play a record isnt gonna do sh*t outside of NY, and without a video it isnt gonna do sh*t for mainstream, so now you gotta try to pay off MTV and BET and 800 grand isnt gonna cut it. 800 grand is barely enough to buy 8-10 beats from the top 10 "super producers" of the month. But 800 grand in a year is more than enough for a n*gga to live off of, and this is just money Im a.ssuming he makes from music and nothing else so he probably has way more than that.

And Budden isnt "making noise" off of Boxden, or on mixtapes because he isnt whats hot. In 2002, 2003, he was all over the mixtapes cause he was the hottest n*gga in the streets, in the tri-state. Its 2008 now and mixtapes are everywhere from Seattle to Chatanooga, a Lil Wayne mixtape is gonna sell in Seattle before a Joe Budden one does and thats just common sense. People talk about him on BX, SOHH, AHH, prolly OKP and D12World like that one n*gga said. But if a n*gga wont even get shown love from his own label and cant even make noise on his own label, why would I give him a spot on my album or single?? Think about it, do you expect Rick Ross to go dig up Coolio and put him on a song? Nope, its a business, they are tryna make money, why do you think everytime The Runners or Cool N Dre have a new single on the radio its the same Jeezy/Wayne/Birdman/Ross/Fat Joe collab?? Im pretty sure TI or Luda or Fat Joe thinks Budden is one of the nicest n*ggas out, Im pretty sure they think Redman and Method Man are some of the nicest n*ggas ever, but they arent getting features either. So its just money dictating weither or not his peers show him love. And with hip hop the way it is now, its about making a hot club banger or making trap music, 2 forms of music Budden doesnt make or isnt good at making. Politics man.
 01-20-2008, 02:25 AM         #22
Cheap Shot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol this really is a serious thread?

ok well, i am a Joe Budden fan, but as soon as i sign off Boxden..i am not like
*not think of Budden anymore*

***THREAD OVER***
 10 years ago '07        #23
MELODY 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
$10,419 | Props total: 1864 1864
 syxx2001 said:
I think it was the MM3 interview or either a radio interview, but I heard him say it first hand, he is still doing shows overseas based off of Pump It Up, and people go crazy for him to do Dumb Out, a 7 minute song from a mixtape. He had to explain cause n*ggas think he doesnt have any money cause he doesnt have an album out, but he told the person he does 3-4 shows a month overseas, gets publishing checks from the album and PIU and gets money from real estate. Im just throwing around ballpark numbers cause n*ggas like Webbie and Plies can get anywhere from 20-30k a show.

So the n*gga can go overseas, do 4 shows from 25k, thats 100 grand. And I dont know how publishing money works, but, he gets the PIU money, which was a Billboard charter, he gets money from the album and he gets money from the real estate sh*t he does, so thats probably another 50-100k. 200k a month, comes out to about 2.4 million a year. But this dude I went to school with does real estate but he handles the paperwork side of it, and he had to do the paper work for Nas and Kelis's house and was shocked when he saw that the house costed like 2 or 3 million, but they had a mortgage on it. So when you take that 2.4, after taxes its like 1.5 and after you pay everybody who works for you its like 7, 8, 900. Payola is expensive my n*gga. You gotta break off A BUNCH of people for that sh*t. Paying Funk Flex 50 grand to play a record isnt gonna do sh*t outside of NY, and without a video it isnt gonna do sh*t for mainstream, so now you gotta try to pay off MTV and BET and 800 grand isnt gonna cut it. 800 grand is barely enough to buy 8-10 beats from the top 10 "super producers" of the month. But 800 grand in a year is more than enough for a n*gga to live off of, and this is just money Im a.ssuming he makes from music and nothing else so he probably has way more than that.

And Budden isnt "making noise" off of Boxden, or on mixtapes because he isnt whats hot. In 2002, 2003, he was all over the mixtapes cause he was the hottest n*gga in the streets, in the tri-state. Its 2008 now and mixtapes are everywhere from Seattle to Chatanooga, a Lil Wayne mixtape is gonna sell in Seattle before a Joe Budden one does and thats just common sense. People talk about him on BX, SOHH, AHH, prolly OKP and D12World like that one n*gga said. But if a n*gga wont even get shown love from his own label and cant even make noise on his own label, why would I give him a spot on my album or single?? Think about it, do you expect Rick Ross to go dig up Coolio and put him on a song? Nope, its a business, they are tryna make money, why do you think everytime The Runners or Cool N Dre have a new single on the radio its the same Jeezy/Wayne/Birdman/Ross/Fat Joe collab?? Im pretty sure TI or Luda or Fat Joe thinks Budden is one of the nicest n*ggas out, Im pretty sure they think Redman and Method Man are some of the nicest n*ggas ever, but they arent getting features either. So its just money dictating weither or not his peers show him love. And with hip hop the way it is now, its about making a hot club banger or making trap music, 2 forms of music Budden doesnt make or isnt good at making. Politics man.
DEFINITION OF REACHIN'

ANYWAYS, OVER SEAS THEY'LL HIRE 2 TYPES OF ACTS, REAL HIP HOP HEADS SUCH AS WU-TANG, KRS, ETC. & n*ggaS THAT ARE HOT IN THE STATES. UK BASICALLY FOLLOWS OUR TRENDS, AND IF BUDDEN ISN'T BUZZING ACROSS THE US WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE'S BUZZING ELSEWHERE? HE JUST SAID HE DOES SHOWS ACROSS SEAS CAUSE HIS STANS CAN'T REALLY VERIFY IT AND THEY'LL BELIEVE IT. SHOW ME PROOF. REAL ESTATE SUCKS RIGHT NOW AND ITS BEEN SLUMPING FOR THE PAST YEAR. EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY A HOUSE CASH BANKS WON'T ALLOW YOU TO DO THAT AND YOUR GONNA GET STUCK WITH A MORTGAGE NO MATTER WHAT. RAPPERS GET FEATURES FROM OTHER ARTIST TO GET A GRASP OF THEIR BUZZ, THIS IS WHY WEEZY GETS SO MANY FEATURES CAUSE HE HAS THE BIGGEST BUZZ OUT NOW, BUDDEN HAS NO BUZZ THEREFORE NO FEATURES. AND THERE'S NO MORE POLITICS HE'S OFF DEF JAM, HE BELONGS TO NO ONE, HE CAN DO W/E HE WANTS.
 10 years ago '07        #24
MELODY 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
Bumped
 10 years ago '04        #25
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
 MELODY said:
DEFINITION OF REACHIN'

ANYWAYS, OVER SEAS THEY'LL HIRE 2 TYPES OF ACTS, REAL HIP HOP HEADS SUCH AS WU-TANG, KRS, ETC. & n*ggaS THAT ARE HOT IN THE STATES. UK BASICALLY FOLLOWS OUR TRENDS, AND IF BUDDEN ISN'T BUZZING ACROSS THE US WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE'S BUZZING ELSEWHERE? HE JUST SAID HE DOES SHOWS ACROSS SEAS CAUSE HIS STANS CAN'T REALLY VERIFY IT AND THEY'LL BELIEVE IT. SHOW ME PROOF. REAL ESTATE SUCKS RIGHT NOW AND ITS BEEN SLUMPING FOR THE PAST YEAR. EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY A HOUSE CASH BANKS WON'T ALLOW YOU TO DO THAT AND YOUR GONNA GET STUCK WITH A MORTGAGE NO MATTER WHAT. RAPPERS GET FEATURES FROM OTHER ARTIST TO GET A GRASP OF THEIR BUZZ, THIS IS WHY WEEZY GETS SO MANY FEATURES CAUSE HE HAS THE BIGGEST BUZZ OUT NOW, BUDDEN HAS NO BUZZ THEREFORE NO FEATURES. AND THERE'S NO MORE POLITICS HE'S OFF DEF JAM, HE BELONGS TO NO ONE, HE CAN DO W/E HE WANTS.
You just said what I said. He has been off of Def Jam for a month bro. He was signed to them for 5 years and had 1, ONE radio feature, a song with Marques Houston. Of course Cherish or Raz B will do a song with Lil Wayne to try and ride Waynes wave of popularity and fans, why the fu*k would someone do a song with Budden and try to ride his wave when he really doesnt have one. Youre tryna tell me Lil Wayne and Joe Budden have the same amount of fans?? fu*k outta here. And houses arent the only part of real estate. The n*gga could have land, apartment buildings, stores, and he doesnt have to have them in the US. He can go to Canada or England as well, and if he is smart thats what he would be doing anyways since the dollar isnt worth sh*t compared to the pound.

And he can do whatever he wants but that doesnt mean he can call Gorilla Zoe and be like "Yo, put me on your next single so we can make some money". Unless you are friends with an artist already, you cant really "tell" somebody to put you on a track and expect them to do it.

Last edited by syxx2001; 01-20-2008 at 08:07 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #26
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,576 | Props total: 5261 5261
That n*gga Isn't Headline News.

That n*gga Isn't Making Any Noise On Radio

Mtv
Usually when a rapper gets dropped from a major label, it’s a huge blow to both the artist’s career and their ego. For Joe Budden, that’s been hardly the case. After a tumultuous stint on Def Jam Records, which saw him drop a gold-selling self-titled debut album in 2003, only to be followed by years of delays on his second LP, The Growth, Joe was dropped, much to his own satisfaction, from the illustrious label in the Fall of ‘07. He hit the ground running, and in late December the third installment in his Mood Muzik mixtape series hit the streets and has thus far received rave reviews and and critical praise. The mixtape- aimed more at hardcore Joe Buddens fans, with songs that sometimes run over five minutes and have few hooks- will receive a proper retail release through Amalgam Digital in the form of Mood Muzik 3: The Album (including two bonus cuts and sans DJ voiceovers) on February 26th.

Still, for all the praise that has been heaped on Joe, controversy over the rapper’s lyrics aren’t in short order. Various songs on Mood Muzik 3 have choice words for Jay-Z, and following a BET freestyle in which he included rapper Saigon’s name (”As soon as the wife’s gone, they jump on the pipe don/ but she don’t know that I’m about to hit and run like Saigon”), the rapper threatened to “slap the earth, wind and fire,” out of Joe in a blog post on the rapper’s myspace page in November.

Now there are rumors that he’ll be signing with Eminem’s Shady Records, despite the fact that in the past he’s verbally sparred with rappers affiliated with the label like 50 Cent and The Game.

Sucker Free caught up with Joe Budden via phone yesterday.

SF: Let me get right to what everyone’s talking about. Is there any truth to the rumors of you signing with Shady Records?

JB: No. There’s no truth to those rumors whatsoever.

SF: You’ve been critical of Jay-Z in the past. On Mood Muzik 3, on the song “5th Gear,” you spit, “The greatest rapper alive is wearing suits and ties, so you gotta bunch of wack ni**as saying they him.” Lil Wayne’s called himself the best rapper alive. Are you speaking about him?

JB: Nah, I’m just generally speaking. I’m sure a lot of people will hear that and naturally a.ssume I’m talking about Lil Wayne, but nah. Damn near every rapper I hear calls himself the greatest rapper alive. Read More....

Bet

According to rapper Joe Budden, the buzz formulated from the MixtapeKings.com release of his Mood Muzik 3 has led to a retail release of the mixtape slated for Feb. 26. In a deal with Amalgam Entertainment, LLC, a “3.5” version of the set (minus DJ OnPoint’s voiceovers, plus two bonus tracks) is currently available on the website AmalgamDigital.com while the company prepares physical distribution. “With the "Mood Muzik" series gaining mass attention, this is just our effort to maximize on awareness,” Budden said in a statement. He also plans to record his first album since his publicized release from a contract with Def Jam Records. The album, titled Padded Room, is due out next spring.

Budden Is Making Zero Noise Outside The Boxden Hip Hop Section. Its The Truth, And Truth Hurts.

Last edited by Verse; 01-20-2008 at 02:11 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #27
MELODY 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
 Verse said:

Usually when a rapper gets dropped from a major label, it’s a huge blow to both the artist’s career and their ego. For Joe Budden, that’s been hardly the case. After a tumultuous stint on Def Jam Records, which saw him drop a gold-selling self-titled debut album in 2003, only to be followed by years of delays on his second LP, The Growth, Joe was dropped, much to his own satisfaction, from the illustrious label in the Fall of ‘07. He hit the ground running, and in late December the third installment in his Mood Muzik mixtape series hit the streets and has thus far received rave reviews and and critical praise. The mixtape- aimed more at hardcore Joe Buddens fans, with songs that sometimes run over five minutes and have few hooks- will receive a proper retail release through Amalgam Digital in the form of Mood Muzik 3: The Album (including two bonus cuts and sans DJ voiceovers) on February 26th.

Still, for all the praise that has been heaped on Joe, controversy over the rapper’s lyrics aren’t in short order. Various songs on Mood Muzik 3 have choice words for Jay-Z, and following a BET freestyle in which he included rapper Saigon’s name (”As soon as the wife’s gone, they jump on the pipe don/ but she don’t know that I’m about to hit and run like Saigon”), the rapper threatened to “slap the earth, wind and fire,” out of Joe in a blog post on the rapper’s myspace page in November.

Now there are rumors that he’ll be signing with Eminem’s Shady Records, despite the fact that in the past he’s verbally sparred with rappers affiliated with the label like 50 Cent and The Game.

Sucker Free caught up with Joe Budden via phone yesterday.

SF: Let me get right to what everyone’s talking about. Is there any truth to the rumors of you signing with Shady Records?

JB: No. There’s no truth to those rumors whatsoever.

SF: You’ve been critical of Jay-Z in the past. On Mood Muzik 3, on the song “5th Gear,” you spit, “The greatest rapper alive is wearing suits and ties, so you gotta bunch of wack ni**as saying they him.” Lil Wayne’s called himself the best rapper alive. Are you speaking about him?

JB: Nah, I’m just generally speaking. I’m sure a lot of people will hear that and naturally a.ssume I’m talking about Lil Wayne, but nah. Damn near every rapper I hear calls himself the greatest rapper alive. Read More....

According to rapper Joe Budden, the buzz formulated from the MixtapeKings.com release of his Mood Muzik 3 has led to a retail release of the mixtape slated for Feb. 26. In a deal with Amalgam Entertainment, LLC, a “3.5” version of the set (minus DJ OnPoint’s voiceovers, plus two bonus tracks) is currently available on the website AmalgamDigital.com while the company prepares physical distribution. “With the "Mood Muzik" series gaining mass attention, this is just our effort to maximize on awareness,” Budden said in a statement. He also plans to record his first album since his publicized release from a contract with Def Jam Records. The album, titled Padded Room, is due out next spring.

WHEN THESE PUBLICATIONS REALLY HAVE NO NEWS FOR THE DAY THEY TURN TO WHAT BUDDEN IS UP TO. NO ONE THAT ACTUALLY BUYS RECORDS IS CHECKING FOR HIM. HENCE THE FIRST COUPLE OF COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD. PEOPLE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE WAS STILL RAPPING. HOMMIE WILL NEVER SELL ANY REAL RECORDS NOR EVER HAVE A VIDEO ON TV. SAD, BUT TRUE.
 01-20-2008, 06:14 PM         #28
gallagdh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just like any rapper, there's gonna be people who love the guy and people who hate him. just so happens the people on here that love him (myself included) are borderline obsessed, so it makes it easier to hate the guy if you don't like him already. i just don't get the haters though....the guy is on point lyrically. he just needs some better production.
 10 years ago '07        #29
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
 MELODY said:
WHEN THESE PUBLICATIONS REALLY HAVE NO NEWS FOR THE DAY THEY TURN TO WHAT BUDDEN IS UP TO.
so what was the point of sayin' he's not makin' noise, on radio, bet, etc. if you were just gonna dismiss it by sayin' the above statement, even if someone showed you he was?

Last edited by Verse; 01-22-2008 at 01:06 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #30
parle58 
space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 0 0
[QUOTE=MELODY;11266005]Like Seriously, This Is The Only Place I Hear About This n*gga, This n*gga Has His Whole Street Team On Here Just Building Hype And Some n*ggas Actually Eat It Up. He's Cool But Nothing Great.[/

HI HATER
 01-25-2008, 08:06 PM         #31
PHOENIXXX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
do people on Boxden go to any site other than Boxden?

smh

Last edited by PHOENIXXX; 01-25-2008 at 08:08 PM..
 02-04-2008, 07:15 PM         #32
iown2microwaves 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've seen him get props on other sites
 10 years ago '07        #33
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
 PHOENIXXX said:
do people on Boxden go to any site other than Boxden?

smh
Word.
 02-08-2008, 11:38 PM         #34
Da_Hard_H1tta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes garbage
 02-19-2008, 09:30 PM         #35
gfrenzy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why does Joe Budden have his own section in this forum again? Is he one of the owners of the site?
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy