...:::||2008 Miami Dolphins Thread||:::...

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
89 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
205 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #101
Phreaky41 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,358 | Props total: 2 2
Brett Favre broke his records and ELI MANNING won a superbowl ring. Got damn lo.l Eli's my boy tho.
 10 years ago '04        #102
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
I hate these next two weeks :banghead: :hang:

I can't wait for the end of February :applause:

Anybody have suggestions on who you think we should trade/release/sign etc??
 10 years ago '04        #103
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
I hate these next two weeks :banghead: :hang:

I can't wait for the end of February :applause:

Anybody have suggestions on who you think we should trade/release/sign etc??
we should go after roy williams from the lions, i hear he wants out. asante samuel would be nice, considering he's from around here, but he's gonna be pricey.

i'm seeing some espn people having us taking matt ryan with the #1 pick....i hope to god thats not what we're considering:thumbsdow
 10 years ago '04        #104
space
space
 madness said:
i'm seeing some espn people having us taking matt ryan with the #1 pick....i hope to god thats not what we're considering:thumbsdow

ESPN is filled with drama queens and a bunch of dreamers... answer your question? :D
 10 years ago '04        #105
space
space

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #106
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:

[pic - click to view]

hot
 02-11-2008, 03:54 PM         #107
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DOLPHINS CUT TRENT GREEN, 8 OTHERS

The Miami Dolphins have cut quarterback Trent Green and eight other players in the first major personnel move of the new Bill Parcells-led front office regime.

The other veterans who had their contracts terminated were wide receiver Marty Booker, tackle L.J. Shelton and defensive tackle Keith Traylor. The team also waived tackle Anthony Alabi, defensive tackle Anthony Bryant, tackle Marion Dukes, defensive tackle Marquay Love and tackle Joe Toledo.

Green's tenure in Miami ends eight months after the Dolphins sent a fifth-round draft pick to the Chiefs in one of the NFL off-season's most highly anticipated moves. Green started five games before a severe concussion ended his season. It is not yet known whether that concussion also ended his career.

The 38-year-old Traylor may also be finished. Traylor has had a long, impressive career, with stops in Denver, Los Angeles (a brief stint with the Raiders), Green Bay, Kansas City, Denver again, Chicago and New England before signing with the Dolphins. But he missed the final game of the 2007 season when he was suspended by former head coach Cam Cameron, and old, past-their-prime veterans who have verbal altercations with their coaches aren't the types of players Parcells wants in Miami.

The 31-year-old Booker led the team with 50 catches and 556 yards in 2007. His departure means that, for now anyway, 2007 first-round pick Ted Ginn is the Dolphins' No. 1 receiver.

“This is never easy, especially since all of these players worked hard during their tenure here,” Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland said in a team statement. “In particular, in the case of each of the veterans, it’s especially difficult to release players who have been productive and valued members of the organization. However, we feel these decisions are in the best interest of the team."
 10 years ago '05        #108
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
glad to see some action taking place
 10 years ago '04        #109
space
space
yea I knew about these cuts coming up (and there will be a few more added to the list here soon) but all I can say as of right now is don't be surprised if Trent Green is added back to the roster eventually.

He could be an emergency signing come free-agency but I expect the Dolphins to pursue a veteran FA QB.

Don't expect CB Andre Goodman to be around much longer either.

Word is out also that LB Derrick Pope will be released this week as well.
 10 years ago '04        #110
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
@trent green

wasted draft pick
 10 years ago '05        #111
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
the cleaning house has begun. now get rid of goodman, lewinski, martin, roth, lehan and daniels, and this year we might want a punter that downs the ball inside the 20.
i realize i put all the corners but allen, but lets be honest outside of him they are all pure trash.
 10 years ago '04        #112
space
space
 The_Legend23 said:
the cleaning house has begun. now get rid of goodman, lewinski, martin, roth, lehan and daniels, and this year we might want a punter that downs the ball inside the 20.
i realize i put all the corners but allen, but lets be honest outside of him they are all pure trash.

CB Michael Lehan played well last season with his limited time in the games, and hes expected to re-sign a contract extension as a cheap 3rd CB (Nickel packages). He did play well though.

Travis Daniels has a lot of potential but we keep moving him back and forth at safety and he has yet to get comfortable.

David Martin can be a solid #2 TE but I agree we need to pursue someone else.

Matt Roth can't just be cut. He didn't play up to expectations last season but he is just too much of a beast not to give him one more chance. Especially with lack of solid defensive lineman out there in free-agency.

Andre Goodman is expected to be cut.

And I have always been wanting a new punter and hated the idea of getting rid of Donnie Jones. I hated it. I pray we get a solid punter this year. Brandon Fields isn't cutting it.
 10 years ago '05        #113
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
CB Michael Lehan played well last season with his limited time in the games, and hes expected to re-sign a contract extension as a cheap 3rd CB (Nickel packages). He did play well though.

Travis Daniels has a lot of potential but we keep moving him back and forth at safety and he has yet to get comfortable.

David Martin can be a solid #2 TE but I agree we need to pursue someone else.

Matt Roth can't just be cut. He didn't play up to expectations last season but he is just too much of a beast not to give him one more chance. Especially with lack of solid defensive lineman out there in free-agency.

Andre Goodman is expected to be cut.

And I have always been wanting a new punter and hated the idea of getting rid of Donnie Jones. I hated it. I pray we get a solid punter this year. Brandon Fields isn't cutting it.
See i know lehan play was solid but i have an issue with having a guy that could not even play much with the browns when their d was horrible. As far as daniels imo he is stuck in tweener hell. to slow to be a man coverage cb. to small to play safety.
When we drafted roth i was extremely happy since i watched him some in college being i am in big ten country, but dude has underachieved and i dont think he is fast enough to ever be good.
 10 years ago '07        #114
theFREAK 3682 heat pts3682
space
space
$53,715 | Props total: 38568 38568
Dolphins Interested In Jerry Porter?
The Dolphins could address the receiver position by pursuing free agents such as Chicago's Bernard Berrian, Arizona's Bryant Johnson, Houston's Andre Davis and Oakland's Jerry Porter.

10 years ago '04        #115
space
space
^^^^^
I'll take Berrian or Davis.
 10 years ago '04        #116
space
space
We are now about $31 million under the cap for the offseason with more cuts expected soon.

I expect a big off season for us and at least a couple big names to arrive via free-agency/trade.
 02-12-2008, 10:28 PM         #117
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats good to know
 02-13-2008, 12:39 PM         #118
gangstab320 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didnt like dolphins my n*gga ricky back i like them now haha
 10 years ago '04        #119
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
Zach Thomas is getting cut.
 10 years ago '04        #120
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
damn, ZT was one of my favorite dolphins of all-time. i hope he gets a super bowl ring anywhere except the patriots
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
93 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy