...:::||2008 Miami Dolphins Thread||:::...

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
113 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #441
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
:D
 10 years ago '06        #442
One Less Reason 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,393 | Props total: 804 804
I didn't think Ill posted this, but if he did I didn't see it lol

Cowboys trade Ayodele and Fasano to Dolphins
By STEVEN WINE – 16 hours ago

MIAMI (AP) — The Dallas Cowboys traded linebacker Akin Ayodele and tight end Anthony Fasano to the Miami Dolphins for a fourth-round draft pick, a person familiar with the deal said Friday.

The person didn't want to be identified because the Dolphins and Cowboys hadn't confirmed the trade. The Dolphins have repeatedly tapped the Dallas pipeline since the arrival of former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells in December to run Miami's football operations.

The draft pick is No. 100 overall Saturday. The Dolphins have eight other picks and will use the No. 1 overall choice to take tackle Jake Long, who has already signed a five-year contract worth $57.75 million, $30 million of it guaranteed.

Ayodele has been a starter for the past five seasons and made 55 tackles last year. His spot with the Cowboys may be filled by Zach Thomas, acquired after the Dolphins released him in February.

Fasano, a second-round pick in 2006, has made 14 receptions in each of his first two NFL seasons and is expected to contend for a starting job with the Dolphins.

Miami will still be looking to upgrade in the draft at quarterback, cornerback, defensive end, guard and receiver.
 10 years ago '06        #443
NLI 
space
space
$180 | Props total: 0 0
Hands down Long is the best OL in the draft no arguement about that. I am stuck on a premier player more than anything on offense should be interesting rest of the day today
 10 years ago '04        #444
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
I'm not dead

i'm so tied up with work and the draft right now.

I probably won't be around again until later on Sunday.

Enjoy today.
 10 years ago '06        #445
NLI 
space
space
This has got to be the dumbest fu*king team in the world. Trading Lorenzo Booker for a draft pick. fu*k Parcells and the whole god damn staff. I am disgusted with this team. Our offense is fu*kin terrible and I agree with Long but the the guy from Clemson????????? fu*kin joke when all of those Wideouts were available. Im speaking in the moment but right now I have turned off the draft because I cant watch this sh*t anymore
 10 years ago '04        #446
space
space
 NLI said:
This has got to be the dumbest fu*king team in the world. Trading Lorenzo Booker for a draft pick. fu*k Parcells and the whole god damn staff. I am disgusted with this team. Our offense is fu*kin terrible and I agree with Long but the the guy from Clemson????????? fu*kin joke when all of those Wideouts were available. Im speaking in the moment but right now I have turned off the draft because I cant watch this sh*t anymore

go back to school and educate yourself on this team.
 10 years ago '06        #447
NLI 
space
space
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:

go back to school and educate yourself on this team.
How bout learning that everyone has an opinion. Sorry man just disappointed with this draft so far and I expected more offense than this.
 10 years ago '04        #448
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
they traded booker away :( whatta bad one. i am actually kinda happy about getting Fasano and drafting Henne though. Hopefully we can have a nice QB competition between Beck, McCown and Henne in training camp + preseason.
 10 years ago '05        #449
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
Although i was kind of disappointed in seeing lorenzo booker go, i think this draft has been good so far, we picked up all Oline and Dline so far + Henne... and if u look at merling and langfords stats you wont be disappointed, lets see who we pick up with our 3 sixth round picks
 10 years ago '05        #450
Mac1 
space
space
space
$260 | Props total: 0 0
If we could get Adarius Bowman it would be amazing, I know he had a poor offseason and off-the field troubles lately but he's a good player and he has size (6-4,220)
 10 years ago '06        #451
NLI 
space
space
This has to go down as one of the worst drafts ever. We traded Booker for a 4th round pick and we took two more RB's. You guys realize now we have Ginn, Haga, Willford for starting WR's. Then we go to the defensive side where granted we did get some good players for the line but absolutely no CB or S. We had a chance for Godfrey outta Iowa and past right bye him. Of course the next pick someone took him. We had a chance for both Michigan Wide outs yet we passed right by them.

I grew up in the Marino era and I have always wanted teh Dolphins to be a passing team but with these picks I am hugely dissapointed and will not be purchasing Sunday ticket for the first time in 4 years.

I agree we needed help on the OL and DL but using just about every pick on these positions was plain retarded. Chad Henne ok I like the guy and do think Beck is done for. And if Ronnie and Ricky are the answer like most of you say why wast 2 picks on RB. Again 1 RB ok but 2 of them makes no sense. Last season was horrible and this season is looking the same. We now have a bunch of guys who can rush and block the passer but other than that we are left with no playmakers besides Ronnie Brown who is still unproved with the ACL injury.
 10 years ago '04        #452
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
i only have 2 probs, trading booker....& not getting a wr

BUT hopefully there is a plan to acquire a veteran wr

maybe thats what the deal will include if we trade Jason
 04-27-2008, 06:45 PM         #453
rrdrz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NLI said:
This has to go down as one of the worst drafts ever. We traded Booker for a 4th round pick and we took two more RB's. You guys realize now we have Ginn, Haga, Willford for starting WR's. Then we go to the defensive side where granted we did get some good players for the line but absolutely no CB or S. We had a chance for Godfrey outta Iowa and past right bye him. Of course the next pick someone took him. We had a chance for both Michigan Wide outs yet we passed right by them.

I grew up in the Marino era and I have always wanted teh Dolphins to be a passing team but with these picks I am hugely dissapointed and will not be purchasing Sunday ticket for the first time in 4 years.

I agree we needed help on the OL and DL but using just about every pick on these positions was plain retarded. Chad Henne ok I like the guy and do think Beck is done for. And if Ronnie and Ricky are the answer like most of you say why wast 2 picks on RB. Again 1 RB ok but 2 of them makes no sense. Last season was horrible and this season is looking the same. We now have a bunch of guys who can rush and block the passer but other than that we are left with no playmakers besides Ronnie Brown who is still unproved with the ACL injury.
I guess i can understand your frustration, no real playmakers were picked. But i think u have to put you expectations for this the Dolphins in a more realistic level, the team's roster is so out-of-wack that in order to make this rebuilding work out the picks had to go the way they did. In recent drafts we have tried placing those so called "playmakers", skilled position players, and haven't seen results, that's because the foundation of the team (D&O linemen) were missing or simply getting old and slow.
We weren't drafting to build a team that will get to the SuperBowl this year, we are drafting to build a team that will be competitive for years to come. We have seen that there are no quick fixes, it will take a couple years to see the results.
Booker had to be traded cuz he's too small and would be used only in very specific situations, too few to justify keeping him around , he'll work out in Philly just fine, they love those short passes to RBs that Booker showed he's good at.
Don't sleep on Fasano as the TE, this kid sat around in Dallas and watched a pretty good TE play down there you know.
As far as the lack of wideouts... You can find them anywhere, even undrafted free agents.
Again, i know at first glance you don't like the picks, but they drafted a bunch of good players, though they might not be the s3xy picks everyone wants to see. This is what real rebuilding looks like, appreciate the fact that we have to opportunity to see a good front office at work, something that we haven't seen in Miami for some time.
 10 years ago '06        #454
NLI 
space
space
 rrdrz said:
I guess i can understand your frustration, no real playmakers were picked. But i think u have to put you expectations for this the Dolphins in a more realistic level, the team's roster is so out-of-wack that in order to make this rebuilding work out the picks had to go the way they did. In recent drafts we have tried placing those so called "playmakers", skilled position players, and haven't seen results, that's because the foundation of the team (D&O linemen) were missing or simply getting old and slow.
We weren't drafting to build a team that will get to the SuperBowl this year, we are drafting to build a team that will be competitive for years to come. We have seen that there are no quick fixes, it will take a couple years to see the results.
Booker had to be traded cuz he's too small and would be used only in very specific situations, too few to justify keeping him around , he'll work out in Philly just fine, they love those short passes to RBs that Booker showed he's good at.
Don't sleep on Fasano as the TE, this kid sat around in Dallas and watched a pretty good TE play down there you know.
As far as the lack of wideouts... You can find them anywhere, even undrafted free agents.
Again, i know at first glance you don't like the picks, but they drafted a bunch of good players, though they might not be the s3xy picks everyone wants to see. This is what real rebuilding looks like, appreciate the fact that we have to opportunity to see a good front office at work, something that we haven't seen in Miami for some time.
Yeah I can understand that and maybe it is because its been so long since weve had a real good operation in place. I am used to the Dolphins having a make shift O&D line. Im hoping Jake Long turns out to be a Keith Sims or Richmond Webb type. I am ready for the playoffs and that is why I am frustrated. I dont see how this draft will get us there this year but again that goes back to rebuilding. I just dont like that word rebuilding ya know. It seems like we have been trying to rebuild ever since Marino left and I am growing impatient. Ill be at the Chiefs Dolphins game and im hoping by then (Dec. 21st) they will be on the right track.

I was thinking today also what about Boldin from Arizona? they are in need of a DE and we need a big time WR. Who knows but im hoping for an exciting off season and hoping for a moves.
 10 years ago '04        #455
space
space
MIAMI'S 2008 NFL DRAFT:
1. (1) Jake Long - OT - Michigan
2. (32) Phillip Merling - DE - Clemson
2. (57) Chad Henne - QB - Michigan
3. (66) Kendall Langford - DE - Hampton
4. (110) Shawn Murphy - OG - Utah State
6. (176) Jalen Parmele - RB - Toledo
6. (195) Donald Thomas - OG - UConn
6. (204) Lex Hilliard - RB - Montana
7. (245) Lionel Dotson - DT - Arizona

UDFA Signings:

WR - Davone Bess - Hawaii
QB - Jayson Foster - Georgia Southern
PK - Dan Carpenter - University Of Montana
LB - Kelly Poppinga - BYU
RT - Mike Byrne - Delaware
LT - Dan Gore - Boise State
TE - Matt Mulligan - UMaine
OL - Daren Heerspink - Portland State

Signing WR Davone Bess was a great move. He was at one point scouted to go as early as mid 2nd round. His height is a concern but he can be molded to be a solid slot WR and challenge Derek Hagan.

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 04-28-2008 at 12:36 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #456
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
i think the draft went as expected

we beefed up the lines on both sides of the ball, everyone knows you win football games/championships in the trenches. it'll be a treat watching our running backs being able to pick up a 1st down on 3rd and short and seeing our QB actually have time to go through his progressions. this year's gonna be rough, but the future is suddenly very bright.
 04-28-2008, 02:39 AM         #457
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow I can't believe they got Davone Bess. That's a steal IMO. I seen him play and he has been very good from what I've seen. Can make very acrobatic catches which is good with young erratic qb's.
 10 years ago '04        #458
space
space
2 more players added to the UDFA signings 2 posts above
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
164 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
93 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy