...:::||2008 Miami Dolphins Thread||:::...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
82 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #381
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,022 | Props total: 2933 2933
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
love my new sig

:wow::applause:
 10 years ago '05        #382
TheCarter11 
space
space
$296 | Props total: 5 5
am i the only one that kinda feels disappointed with the jake long pick. i know his a beast and all but ol first pick just kinda sucks.
 04-13-2008, 12:53 PM         #383
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im happy with it tbh...we need it
 10 years ago '04        #384
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 TheCarter11 said:
am i the only one that kinda feels disappointed with the jake long pick. i know his a beast and all but ol first pick just kinda sucks.
well, to be honest, its a bit boring...taking chris long would set us up for a nice replacement when taylor leaves...HOWEVER, im in philly & i know how much oline means...andy reid ALWAYS picks oline or dline & i seen what it can do....u could also look at what the browns have done

this team is truely re-building...& everybody knows, u dont build the middle of something first, u start at the foundation....the foundation is our line of scrimmage. we r obviously not getting a veteran qb, if we do it wont be anybody very credible, & no young qb, is truely gonna do anything unless he has protection from a solid line.

yes i agree its not all exciting to take this pick, but its the smart safe pick, dude had 1 penalty in 2 years, & only gave up 1 sack, that sounds better then anything we've had in a long time, the last one i can think of was probably richmond webb
 10 years ago '04        #385
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
Dolphins Signed Undrafted Free-Agent SS Will Billingsley

[pic - click to view]

Dolphins Sign Free Agent Defensive Back
April 14, 2008

The Miami Dolphins today signed safety Will Billingsley as a free agent. Billingsley was eligible for the 2007 NFL Draft and was not selected.

The 5-10, 195-pound Billingsley played three years at North Carolina A&T (2004-06), during which time he appeared in 26 games. He totaled 109 tackles, two interceptions and 10 passes defensed during this time. He attended Snider High School in Fort Wayne, Ind.
 10 years ago '06        #386
One Less Reason 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,390 | Props total: 801 801
Most people think the idea of an OT at #1 is weird, but if you look at the class this year, it's probably the safest pick. And it's also a BIG need, so I'm okay with it. I just hope they can get something done before the draft, so there isn't any sort of holdout or anything like that.

I still am optimistic for this season, and if we do draft Jake Long... I look for John Beck to be able to improve.
 04-15-2008, 12:34 PM         #387
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
JAKE DOESN’T WANT TO BE A DOLPHIN?

As the agent for Michigan tackle Jake Long continues to negotiate with the Miami Dolphins regarding the possibility of working out a contract before the time comes for the Dolphins to make their pick, there’s a report that Jake isn’t all that juiced about playing for the Fins.

John Czarnecki of FOXSports.com reports that “[t]he word on the street” is that Long doesn’t want to play in Miami. But talks are continuing between the team and Long’s agent because of the “special honor” of being the No. 1 overall pick in the draft. (Yeah, those Steve Emtman rookie cards are going for about 100 . . . yen.)

Czarnecki says that, if/when the talks with Jake Long break down, the Fins won’t move on to defensive end Chris Long. The Virginia product, the son of Hall of Famer Howie Long, has been presumed for several months to have the inside track because he’s the safest pick on the board.

The Fins apparently then would look after Jake Long to defensive end/linebacker Vernon Gholston. With talk of Gholston slipping in the eyes of other teams, he’d be very wise to take the best deal he can get, if/when he gets an opportunity to negotiate with the Fins.
 10 years ago '04        #388
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 s0uThSiDe said:
JAKE DOESN’T WANT TO BE A DOLPHIN?

As the agent for Michigan tackle Jake Long continues to negotiate with the Miami Dolphins regarding the possibility of working out a contract before the time comes for the Dolphins to make their pick, there’s a report that Jake isn’t all that juiced about playing for the Fins.

John Czarnecki of FOXSports.com reports that “[t]he word on the street” is that Long doesn’t want to play in Miami. But talks are continuing between the team and Long’s agent because of the “special honor” of being the No. 1 overall pick in the draft. (Yeah, those Steve Emtman rookie cards are going for about 100 . . . yen.)

Czarnecki says that, if/when the talks with Jake Long break down, the Fins won’t move on to defensive end Chris Long. The Virginia product, the son of Hall of Famer Howie Long, has been presumed for several months to have the inside track because he’s the safest pick on the board.

The Fins apparently then would look after Jake Long to defensive end/linebacker Vernon Gholston. With talk of Gholston slipping in the eyes of other teams, he’d be very wise to take the best deal he can get, if/when he gets an opportunity to negotiate with the Fins.
as of now, im hopin its just a rumor

if i hear he dont wanna be a fin a few more times, or see some concrete info on it, imma say fu*k him anyway

i wonder y theyd want gholston over chris tho
 10 years ago '05        #389
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,887 | Props total: 104 104
2008 Preseason Schedule

Date Opponent Time* TV

AUG.9 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS 7:30 PM WFOR
Aug. 16 at Jacksonville Jaguars 7:30 p.m. WFOR
AUG. 23 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 7:30 P.M. WFOR
Aug. 28 at New Orleans Saints 8:00 p.m. WFOR

2008 Regular Season Schedule

Date Opponent Time* TV

SEPT. 7 NEW YORK JETS 1:00 P.M. CBS
Sept. 14 at Arizona Cardinals 4:15 p.m. CBS
Sept. 21 at New England Patriots 1:00 p.m. CBS
SEPT. 28 BYE WEEKEND
OCT. 5 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS 1:00 P.M. CBS
Oct. 12 at Houston Texans 1:00 p.m. CBS
OCT. 19 BALTIMORE RAVENS 1:00 P.M. CBS
OCT. 26 BUFFALO BILLS 1:00 P.M. CBS
Nov. 2 at Denver Broncos 4:05 p.m. CBS
NOV. 9 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 1:00 P.M. FOX
NOV. 16 OAKLAND RAIDERS 1:00 P.M.# CBS
NOV. 23 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 1:00 P.M.# CBS
Nov. 30 at St. Louis Rams 1:00 p.m.# CBS
Dec. 7 at Buffalo Bills (Toronto) 4:05 p.m.# CBS
DEC. 14 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 1:00 P.M.# FOX
Dec. 21 at Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 p.m.# CBS
Dec. 28 at New York Jets 1:00 p.m.# CBS

Some Cool Facts about the Schedule:

at Arizona, September 14
• This will be the Dolphins’ first-ever visit to Glendale’s University of Phoenix Stadium. In fact, it will be the first time they have faced the Cardinals in Arizona since October 20, 1996. Each of the past two meetings between these teams has taken place in South Florida.

vs. San Diego, October 5
• This will be the first matchup between these teams in South Florida since November 24, 2002, when the Dolphins emerged with a 30-3 victory. There have been two meetings since that time, one in Tempe, Ariz., and the most recent at Qualcomm Stadium (12/11/05).
• The Dolphins will be looking for their seventh straight win in this series, a streak which dates back to 1995.

at Houston, October 12
• It will be the third straight year these teams have played one another at Reliant Stadium in the regular season.

vs. Seattle, November 9
• This will be the Seahawks’ first visit to South Florida since the 2000 opener, when the Dolphins claimed a 23-0 victory on September 3. Each of the past two matchups has been decided in the Emerald City – one at Husky Stadium and the most recent at Qwest Field.

at St. Louis, November 30
• This will be the first matchup between these clubs at the Edward Jones Dome since September 30, 2001, when the Rams racked up a 42-10 triumph.

vs. San Francisco, December 14
• This will be the first matchup between these clubs in South Florida since November 20, 1995, when the 49ers came away with a 44-20 victory. The two most recent meetings took place at Candlestick Park, including November 28, 2004, when the Dolphins recorded a 24-17 win.

at Kansas City, December 21
• This will be the first meeting between these teams in Kansas City during the regular season since September 29, 2002 when the Chiefs won, 48-30. Each of the past two matchups has been staged in South Florida.

at New York Jets, December 28
• This will be the fifth time in the last seven years that the Dolphins will have concluded the regular season on the road.
• It will mark the fourth time in their history that the Dolphins will have ended the regular season against the same team with whom they opened. It also has happened in 1974 (New England), 1977 (Buffalo) and 1987.

Last edited by ebcrew; 04-15-2008 at 03:58 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #390
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
i usually try to figure out what our record will be, roughly

BUT since i was sooooooooooooo far off last year, im just gonna leave it alone
 10 years ago '05        #391
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,887 | Props total: 104 104
lol same here ^^

and if that comes out true about jake long, i hope we simply move on.. i dont want someone on our team that doesnt want to be.

a very ungrateful person if this is true
 10 years ago '04        #392
space
space
2008 schedule posted on very 1st post of the Dolphins thread
 10 years ago '06        #393
NLI 
space
space
$180 | Props total: 0 0
Well im back with another off the wall thought at least to you guys. Jake Long is a great pick but the only problem is why spend #1 pick money for an OL. We need to trade down and pick up another pick or again as I've been saying a premier player. The OL improved last year and it was their 1st year together and they will only get better.

Man I know you love Ronnie Brown but you got to be realistic. Deuce from the Saints is the only RB that has came back succesfully from this type of injury. I liked the Drew Henne and Manningham suggestion but they did not have the best off field relationship at Michigan so that could lead to problems.

I love that our FB got arrested for knockin somebody out. Thats what we need on this team. Not a bunch of off field crap but some guys that will hit you. Prefered on defense but still nice to see a Dolphin with some f!ght in him.

-Sorry if you dont agree
 10 years ago '04        #394
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 NLI said:
Well im back with another off the wall thought at least to you guys. Jake Long is a great pick but the only problem is why spend #1 pick money for an OL. We need to trade down and pick up another pick or again as I've been saying a premier player. The OL improved last year and it was their 1st year together and they will only get better.

Man I know you love Ronnie Brown but you got to be realistic. Deuce from the Saints is the only RB that has came back succesfully from this type of injury. I liked the Drew Henne and Manningham suggestion but they did not have the best off field relationship at Michigan so that could lead to problems.

I love that our FB got arrested for knockin somebody out. Thats what we need on this team. Not a bunch of off field crap but some guys that will hit you. Prefered on defense but still nice to see a Dolphin with some f!ght in him.

-Sorry if you dont agree

drew henne???

we've been tryin to trade down, nobody wants it...scratch that plan
 10 years ago '04        #395
space
space
 NLI said:

-Sorry if you dont agree
Please research your supposed favorite team more...

This team has NO starting LG or RT. NONE. We need a key offensive lineman that will fill one of the two gaps, yet the starting offensive lineman that you said improved so much last year lost three of its rotational starters. Samson Satele was the ONLY offensive lineman last year that showed talent and consistency. Vernon Carey our current starting LT is technically a RT but nobody is capable of transitioning over to the left side. We brought in RG Justin Smiley to fill another missing gap in the line with the departure of Rex Hadnot.

So to say we shouldn't spend the money on a pro-bowl caliber offensive tackle coming out of the draft, when there isn't much dominance in the 1st round picks with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 players... that amuses me.

Then you had the nerve to say it was "their 1st year together".... the Miami Dolphins have NOT had a consistent starting offensive line in years and years (likely way before you were born) so technically every year is ALWAYS their 1st year together...

Then you said the comment about how we need more players on this team who is willing to punch someone on the streets....

this team has had nothing but wife-beaters (Randy McMichael), drug users (Cecil Collins, David Boston, Ricky Williams), anger management issues (Raegan Mauia), and many other off-the-field distractions (Joey Porter, Terrell Buckley, Mercury Morris, and many others).... the last thing we need is a starting player (FB to be exact) getting himself in trouble with the law...

Use your head...

Sorry, however for some reason your theories on this team always amaze me every time i read your posts...

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 04-17-2008 at 12:34 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #396
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
is mauia in danger of getting cut now?
 10 years ago '04        #397
space
space
 madness said:
is mauia in danger of getting cut now?
cut.... NO suspended....maybe.....

depends on the court's hearing and ruling...

case is still pending...
 10 years ago '04        #398
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
i thought of somebody else Ill....Tony Martin

didnt he cause some distractions off field??? (i could be wrong)

u got me thinkin bout guys that came & went

i loved buckley, i liked randy mcmichael too....

matter fact i forgot about that

what r our plans on gettin a TE??
 10 years ago '05        #399
TheCarter11 
space
space
$296 | Props total: 5 5
by the way i was there the night that maui knocked out buddy and it wasnt because buddy looked at him wrong. it was all because buddy was sitting at the bar drunk and smacking his girl around. one of maui entourage warned him yet he did it again in the parking lot and thats when maui went and knocked him out.
 10 years ago '04        #400
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
 casper said:
i thought of somebody else Ill....Tony Martin

didnt he cause some distractions off field??? (i could be wrong)

u got me thinkin bout guys that came & went

i loved buckley, i liked randy mcmichael too....

matter fact i forgot about that

what r our plans on gettin a TE??
yeah martin had some drug laudering charges, they didnt stick tho. we'll prolly pick up a TE in the draft, and even tho i dont think he's gonna get traded i really hope we make a push for jeremy shockey.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago