...:::||2008 Miami Dolphins Thread||:::...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
92 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #361
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
Actually our offensive line was one of our few bright spots. Huge turn around from the previous couple of years. C Samson Satele was a gem for us as well as just a rookie a lone.

I do see us taking Jake Long and he will solidify the RT position. All we'd need to address would be LG after June 1st cuts.
Bright spots?
23rd in the league with 42 sacks given up
24th in the league for Passing Yards per Game
23rd in the league for Rushing Yards per Game
15th in the league for INTs thrown

Granted you had a lot of injuries, but I don't know if that sh*t last year would be called a bright spot.
 04-11-2008, 12:48 PM         #362
ai3theanswer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jake Long in the 1st, Chad Henne in the 2nd, Manningham in the 2nd(pick 57), Mike Hart in the 4th :applause:
 10 years ago '05        #363
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
 Bezerk said:
how does it feel to know that the bills will sweep u again... what up illuzions... :)
Guess the same way the Bills feel about the Patriots.
 10 years ago '04        #364
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
hopefully he turns out like Joe Thomas and not like Robert Gallery
 04-11-2008, 02:10 PM         #365
icedout921 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
Actually our offensive line was one of our few bright spots. Huge turn around from the previous couple of years. C Samson Satele was a gem for us as well as just a rookie a lone.

I do see us taking Jake Long and he will solidify the RT position. All we'd need to address would be LG after June 1st cuts.
are they gonna keep him at rt?

seems awfully high and alot of money for a RT.
 10 years ago '06        #366
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 icedout921 said:
are they gonna keep him at rt?

seems awfully high and alot of money for a RT.
Hes a Natural RT, some teams say they like him at LT some teams like him solely as a RT... I dont know what the Dolphins plans are but I know that Vernon Carey is also a Natural RT who has been playing LT

RTs are becoming almost as valuable as LTs at this point tho with so many teams lining up Speed Rushers to what used to be known as the Strong Side end, n*ggas now covet RTs that are pass blockers 1st as opposed to beasts with huge size and some agility.... you now want an RT with essentially the same role you want your LT to handle, great pass blocking but still the ability to push the line on the snap

Football is starting to favor the pass game more now, Leonard Davis was drafted by the Cards to play as an elite strong side blocker who could move a pile.... but had to adjust to Guard in Dallas because you cant have your RT be a pass protection liability

Chargers last season had to make adjustments

Olivea is a better run blocker then Clary but was horrible in pass protection and got benched becuase of it... if you cant pick up speed rushers for the Tackle position your either going to

A. Get Benched
B. Get transitioned to a Guard like Leonard Davis and Robert Gallery who also was coveted as a beast Tackle and had to make the switch cause of his lack of Pass Pro but Gallery is becoming one of the better Guards in the L and Leonard Davis already is one of the best Guards in the L

Last edited by eLLz; 04-11-2008 at 02:35 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #367
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 Santoro said:
Bright spots?
23rd in the league with 42 sacks given up
24th in the league for Passing Yards per Game
23rd in the league for Rushing Yards per Game
15th in the league for INTs thrown

Granted you had a lot of injuries, but I don't know if that sh*t last year would be called a bright spot.
Think about the team you're talking about. Those stats could be considered a bright spot for a team that bad
 10 years ago '05        #368
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
hey ill got a legit question.

Has there been any word on drew mormino, like will he be ready for ota's
 10 years ago '04        #369
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,068 | Props total: 6114 6114
 BoSox84 said:
Think about the team you're talking about. Those stats could be considered a bright spot for a team that bad
exactly what I was going to say. For the dolphins not being dead last in a category is a bright spot
 04-11-2008, 02:40 PM         #370
icedout921 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
Hes a Natural RT, some teams say they like him at LT some teams like him solely as a RT... I dont know what the Dolphins plans are but I know that Vernon Carey is also a Natural RT who has been playing LT

RTs are becoming almost as valuable as LTs at this point tho with so many teams lining up Speed Rushers to what used to be known as the Strong Side end, n*ggas now covet RTs that are pass blockers 1st as opposed to beasts with huge size and some agility.... you now want an RT with essentially the same role you want your LT to handle, great pass blocking but still the ability to push the line on the snap

Football is starting to favor the pass game more now, Leonard Davis was drafted by the Cards to play as an elite strong side blocker who could move a pile.... but had to adjust to Guard in Dallas because you cant have your RT be a pass protection liability

Chargers last season had to make adjustments

Olivea is a better run blocker then Clary but was horrible in pass protection and got benched becuase of it... if you cant pick up speed rushers for the Tackle position your either going to

A. Get Benched
B. Get transitioned to a Guard like Leonard Davis and Robert Gallery who also was coveted as a beast Tackle and had to make the switch cause of his lack of Pass Pro but Gallery is becoming one of the better Guards in the L and Leonard Davis already is one of the best Guards in the L
I know hes a natural RT but their have been several scouts who have stated they think he can be a LT. I also heard on nfl tv that if miami did draft him they would move him to LT in 2 yrs.
 10 years ago '06        #371
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 icedout921 said:
I know hes a natural RT but their have been several scouts who have stated they think he can be a LT. I also heard on nfl tv that if miami did draft him they would move him to LT in 2 yrs.
Thats what Michigan did

he started his 1st 2 seasons at RT, finished out his last 2 at LT

Long is a nasty prospect but hes slightly below Joe Thomas IMO.... Joe Thomas has more athleticism and slightly better footwork even tho Longs is solid, Long only had 1 penalty and only gave up 1 sack which was to Gholston..... what he lacks in athleticism he makes up in brute force, the n*gga is strong as sh*t and is filthy... hes gonna finish off on his man and hes never gonna take plays off.... hes stronger and a better block finisher then Thomas

only knock is his pass pro against the Elite rushers and its yet to be exposed yet.... its not so much that he cant block elite pass rushers but theres questions about it

Last edited by eLLz; 04-11-2008 at 02:50 PM..
 04-11-2008, 02:53 PM         #372
icedout921 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gholoston ate him.
 10 years ago '05        #373
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
 Bezerk said:
how does it feel to know that the bills will sweep u again... what up illuzions... :)
damn...its weird seeing a bills fan talk like that...but then again y'all did win 4 straight AFC championships :rolleyes:
 04-11-2008, 03:09 PM         #374
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Utmost said:
damn...its weird seeing a bills fan talk like that...but then again y'all did win 4 straight AFC championships :rolleyes:
*looks to see that u like the raiders*

But i wasn't even talkin sh*t to u.
 10 years ago '04        #375
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 P. Dedos said:
lmao @ a dolphin player getting arrested @ the bar i always go too

lol @ 2 times they said after he hit him he "passed out", lol...why dont they just call it what it is, "he got knocked out"
 10 years ago '04        #376
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
Bezerk get back to me when the Bills aren't 35-50 against Miami....

and to Santoro, you're absolutely right those stats are horrible, but hidden behind those stats is C Samson Satele who only gave up one sack his rookie season and also anchored the hell out of a lack of talent around him. A lot of sacks were also due to Cleo Lemon running around too much trying to find an open receiver.

I am one for stats, however I don't read into those too much for the offensive line.

To answer Ellz who had the question about Vernon Carey, Vernon Carey is slated as the starting LT however I do know from inside that his playing time at the position is on a short leash. This is basically his last year to prove himself. Injuries obviously plagued Miami last season but not on the offensive line. Vernon Carey was far too 50/50 with his play. When he played well he played Great, but when he didn't play well he played horribly. There was far too much inconsistency with far too little in between play.

Jake Long would be slated in as the starting RT and LG would be addressed during the offseason (likely June 1st cut aquisitons)
 10 years ago '04        #377
space
space
^^^^^

Ronnie is ahead of schedule and has been running without cuts lately. (Small jogging)

He's expected to be recovered fully by OTA (Training Camp etc)

Only time will tell, but he is ahead of schedule and trainers have been beyond optimistic.

His injury wasn't as bad as it could have been.
 10 years ago '04        #378
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 413 413
Jake Long was a better college player than Joe Thomas was. Remember, the year Thomas came out, Long was the Big Ten offensive lineman of the year but decided to stay. I love how the critics wonder if he could handle the better ends because he gave up ONE fu*king sack to Gholston on a play where, surprise surprise, Henne held the ball to long.

Long is going to be a fu*king animal.
 10 years ago '04        #379
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
^^^^^

Ronnie is ahead of schedule and has been running without cuts lately. (Small jogging)

He's expected to be recovered fully by OTA (Training Camp etc)

Only time will tell, but he is ahead of schedule and trainers have been beyond optimistic.

His injury wasn't as bad as it could have been.
:applause:

very glad to hear that
 10 years ago '04        #380
space
space
love my new sig

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy