...:::||2008 Miami Dolphins Thread||:::...

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
35 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
20 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
17 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #321
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
i want that bowling ball lol
 10 years ago '04        #322
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
haha yo ill, i got a pin u can hit wit that ball:

[pic - click to view]

haha notice the dolphins christmas stocking too

i love my helmet (its the older one)

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #323
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
Dolphins hemlet next to a Donovan McNabb bobble-head

10 years ago '04        #324
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
Dolphins hemlet next to a Donovan McNabb bobble-head

lol...i knew somebody was gonna say somethin...fu*k it

i dont even know how where/when i got that...dont matter im a birds fan too
 10 years ago '04        #325
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
i had one of them team rings when i was little too...the gold joints, & a gold helmet for a chain(i still got that)
 10 years ago '04        #326
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
FINS’ DRAFT BOARD IS SET
Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2008, 10:13 p.m.

There’s an interesting item from Armando Salguero in his Miami Herald blog (i.e., the place where he posts all the crap that isn’t good enough for the fish wrap).

The Miami Dolphins, per Salguero, locked in their draft board last week. Thus, if they don’t trade out of the top spot in the draft, they know the name of the player whom they’ll pick, if they don’t trade down.

But that doesn’t mean that they’ll ultimately pick the person currently at the top of the board. The next step for the Fins presumably will be to launch contract negotiations with the first two or three players on their board, in the hopes of working out in advance of the draft a contract with the man who’ll be the No. 1 overall selection.

In such circumstances, it’s possible that the Fins would move on to the player currently at No. 2 or No. 3, if that guy will take a deal that the team regards as sufficiently favorable.

Last year, the Oakland Raiders didn’t do that with quarterback JaMarcus Russell, and as a result didn’t sign him until September. And there were strong rumors in April that the Raiders had made a lowball (as No. 1 overall picks go) for Brady Quinn.

In hindsight, accepting a lowball offer to be the No. 1 overall pick would have been a far more desirable outcome for Quinn, who plunged past No. 20 and will only play in 2008 if one or more pieces of Derek Anderson’s body parts tear, break, and/or shatter.

per PFT
 10 years ago '04        #327
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
FINS TO KEEP NO. 1 PICK
Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2008, 9:40 a.m.

Miami Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga has acknowledged the obvious: No one wants to trade for the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

More accurately, no one wants to have the No. 1 overall pick.

Why would they? There’s no clear-cut, must-have, football stud in this year’s draft. And so the team with the first shot at the board will get to pay $35 million or so guaranteed to a guy who hasn’t worn an NFL uniform since he was five.

And so Huizenga also has declared that he’s willing to pay to one of those unproven (and arguably undeserving) former college players a huge pile of money based only on their potential. What else can he do?

But he realizes the risk. “[I]t’s important not to make a mistake [because] it could screw up your whole program,” Huizenga said.

Um, Mr. Huizenga? The program is already screwed up. But we get your point.

”It is tough when you take a talented player who has never been in the NFL and give him a bunch of signing bonuses and a guaranteed contract and huge dollars,” Huizenga said. “If you pay $35 million to a person who does not work out, you are stuck with that for five or six years, which means you can’t get rid of them — which means someone else could be there taking the money. We always pay to the cap. We’re not trying to save money. It’s a matter of being prudent in putting money in the right place.”

We agree with him completely, and his comments are further evidence of a clear need to change the system that the NFL has in place to compensate rookies.
 10 years ago '04        #328
space
space
not really big news but:

The Dolphins were awarded sixth-round and seventh-round compensatory picks, the NFL announced. Under terms of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement, a team losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in a year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks. The number of picks a team receives equals the net loss of compensatory free agents up to a maximum of four. Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula developed by the NFL Management Council based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The two picks awarded were based on the 2007 free agent period.

The Dolphins currently own nine selections in the 2008 draft with two choices in the second, sixth and seventh rounds and one each in the first, third and fourth round. Miami previously traded its fifth-round pick to Kansas City.
 10 years ago '04        #329
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
not really big news but:

i never heard of that sh*t

ill take it tho

i dont think its a bad idea to negotiate contracts wit all 3 before the draft, but who knows...them players could change their mind after they get picked up
 10 years ago '05        #330
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
 casper said:

i never heard of that sh*t

ill take it tho

i dont think its a bad idea to negotiate contracts wit all 3 before the draft, but who knows...them players could change their mind after they get picked up
although its possible you can actually sign the guy like the texans did with williams two year ago. or at least i believe they did
 10 years ago '04        #331
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
yea i think the texans did negotiate a deal wit mario before the draft...they cant actually "sign" it til they officially draft tho
 10 years ago '04        #332
space
space
Preseason Schedule Announced:

Week 1 - vs. Tampa Bay Bucs
Week 2 - @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Week 3 - vs. Kansas City Chiefs
Week 4 - @ New Orleans Saints
 10 years ago '04        #333
space
space
790 the ticket confirmed this morning that TE Jeremy Shockey is wanting to play for the Dolphins...

no links or anything, just speculation.

However I'm sure that would initiate some conversation.
 04-04-2008, 11:09 AM         #334
redboy_004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sucks
 10 years ago '04        #335
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
790 the ticket confirmed this morning that TE Jeremy Shockey is wanting to play for the Dolphins...

no links or anything, just speculation.

However I'm sure that would initiate some conversation.

:wow:

:applause:
 10 years ago '05        #336
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
if only it wasnt speculation.... u guys think he has some gas left in him?
 10 years ago '04        #337
space
space
here's a video for those of you who need to bring up your spirits about QB John Beck:

10 years ago '05        #338
TheCarter11 
space
space
$296 | Props total: 5 5
yo illuzions did u ever find out what i need to do to get into the bubble to watch the draft???/
 10 years ago '04        #339
space
space
 TheCarter11 said:
yo illuzions did u ever find out what i need to do to get into the bubble to watch the draft???/
I was always under the impression that going to the bubble on draft day was free

It's free admission and free parking at the stadium.

It's just a family run event sponsored by the Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida. They hosted it last season too.

All you gotta do is show up at a decent time (usually at least 30 mins. before hand).

Be sure not to miss the 2008 Miami Dolphins Draft Party, Presented by the Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida. The draft party will be held on Saturday, April 26, from 2:00 - 6:00 pm at Dolphin Stadium. The party features full coverage of the NFL Draft, 2008 Season Ticket Select-A-Seat, player, alumni and cheerleader autographs as well as free parking and admission.
 10 years ago '05        #340
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
damn if i lived in miami i would be there. i fu*king hate toledo ohio.......smh time to move i guess
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
114 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy