...:::||2008 Miami Dolphins Thread||:::...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #281
NLI 
space
space
$180 | Props total: 0 0
 casper said:
ricky led the league in rushing, he was also the first to have over 200+rushing yards in consecutive games...as a dolphin...ronnie brown was on pace to break all purpose yards last year...what r u talkin about??

i agree & i would love to get 85, but hey it is what it is

Agreed they both are good running backs but what I am saying is they have never been mentioned with the best and neither have taken a leadership of this team. As we know with Marino stats dont mean a thing unless you have the big stat which is a Super Bowl win.
 10 years ago '04        #282
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 NLI said:
Agreed they both are good running backs but what I am saying is they have never been mentioned with the best and neither have taken a leadership of this team. As we know with Marino stats dont mean a thing unless you have the big stat which is a Super Bowl win.
well this year, ronnie brown was starting to develope his leadership...u cant come in as a rookie & demand respect right away, sh*t like that takes time...i think hell have that this season...ricky williams might be the farthest possible thing from a leader...dude did interviews wit his helmet on half his career, u know hes not very vocal...brown was doin all he could this season, its not his fault the team didnt get w's...its hard to be mentioned wit the best if ur whole team sux...we need a qb...a veteran(STILL IN HIS PRIME) thats not afraid to "take the bull by the horns"(so to speak)

while marino was here we had no run game...since marino left we have had no passing game...but a very solid running game...its just a shame u cant run the ball 50 times a game, lol
 10 years ago '06        #283
NLI 
space
space
$180 | Props total: 0 0
 casper said:
well this year, ronnie brown was starting to develope his leadership...u cant come in as a rookie & demand respect right away, sh*t like that takes time...i think hell have that this season...ricky williams might be the farthest possible thing from a leader...dude did interviews wit his helmet on half his career, u know hes not very vocal...brown was doin all he could this season, its not his fault the team didnt get w's...its hard to be mentioned wit the best if ur whole team sux...we need a qb...a veteran(STILL IN HIS PRIME) thats not afraid to "take the bull by the horns"(so to speak)

while marino was here we had no run game...since marino left we have had no passing game...but a very solid running game...its just a shame u cant run the ball 50 times a game, lol
Agreed what need is a Big name QB and Im not talking Josh McCown or Matt Ryan Im talking a developed leaderand I hate to say it but could I see the Dolphins interested in Mike Vick next year???? Just an idea...
 10 years ago '04        #284
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
 NLI said:
I hate to say it but could I see the Dolphins interested in Mike Vick next year???? Just an idea...
:sick::sick::sick::sick:

I'm gonna puke

10 years ago '04        #285
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 NLI said:
Agreed what need is a Big name QB and Im not talking Josh McCown or Matt Ryan Im talking a developed leaderand I hate to say it but could I see the Dolphins interested in Mike Vick next year???? Just an idea...
developed....leader...& mike vick do not go together...that sh*t is an oxymoron
 10 years ago '04        #286
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
draft talk has been kinda quiet...i'm a.ssuming parcells has something up his sleeve...
 10 years ago '04        #287
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
draft talk has been kinda quiet...i'm a.ssuming parcells has something up his sleeve...
man...sh*t is crazy...every day reporters got us takin somebody else...

i hear matt ryan had a nice workout today tho, he threw like 32 passes & only 1 was incomplete
 10 years ago '04        #288
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
 casper said:
man...sh*t is crazy...every day reporters got us takin somebody else...
word, i dont even pay attention to any of the draft stuff anymore.
 10 years ago '04        #289
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
WILL FINS PASS THE PICK?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2008, 11:29 a.m.

Some Internet hack has banged out for SportingNews.com an item that explores the question of whether the Miami Dolphins might choose not to choose a player when their ten-minute allotment during round one of the draft expires.

There’s nothing in the rules that prevents a team from intentionally allowing the time to expire. In such a case, the next team up can submit its pick, and so on. The team that passed has the ability at any time, however, to submit its card with the name of a guy who has not yet been taken.

In recent years, there have been two incidents when time expired. In 2002, the Cowboys ran out of time as they tried to trade down a couple of spots with the Chiefs, so that the Chiefs could select defensive tackle Ryan Sims. The Vikings, who coveted Sims, didn’t realize that the window was open to snag him. So the trade went through and the Chiefs got Sims.

The next year, the Vikings were trying to trade down with either the Jaguars (who were next up) or the Ravens (who were three spots behind Minnesota); both wanted quarterback Byron Leftwich. Time ran out on the Vikes, and the Jags grabbed Leftwich. Then the Panthers took tackle Jordan Gross before the Vikings could submit the name of defensive tackle Kevin Williams.

In the end, the back-to-back gaffes worked out well for the Vikings. Sims ended up being a bust, and if they’d taken him in 2002 they likely wouldn’t have targeted Williams, who has become a Pro Bowler. Also, McKinnie is an above-average left tackle. Leftwich is unemployed.

Anyway, what were we talking about? Oh, yeah — the Fins could opt to intentionally allow the clock to run out in the hopes of taking a guy a few spots lower and paying him less than he’d get if his name were the first one called.

Surely, such a maneuver would trigger a storm of controversy, and it likely would result in the adoption of a “use it or lose it” rule for future drafts. But it also would bring the forefront the problem of unproven players taken at the top of the draft getting so much money despite the fact that they’ve done nothing to earn it.

per PFT

heres another column

Last edited by MiamiDade; 03-23-2008 at 09:33 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #290
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
i would be really disgusted if that were to happen...but i kinda see the whole "we'll take whichever guy they dont for cheaper" approach

i dont agree wit it, but savin money is always a smart thing to me...however if that player turns out great, he will always remember they did that to him & most likely would leave the first chance he got
 03-23-2008, 10:03 PM         #291
TonyGT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
GOOOO DOLPHINSSSSS:applause::applause::applause:
 10 years ago '04        #292
space
space
 TonyGT said:
GOOOO DOLPHINSSSSS:applause::applause::applause:
new fan??

welcome to BX
 10 years ago '04        #293
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
Colts Peyton Manning looking for South Florida home?

With rumors swirling that Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning likes SoFla so much he's looking for a home here (might as well since he's been spotted in these parts regularly since the winter of 2007), the former Super Bowl winner turns up in Stuart. He capped his morning round of golf at Wayne Huizenga's The Floridian with lunch at Carson's Tavern downtown. -- Palm Beach Post

maybe he`ll end up a dolphin in the future? :D
 10 years ago '04        #294
space
space
 Triple6Raidr305 said:
maybe he`ll end up a dolphin in the future? :D
that'll be the day.....

He's also looking to invest into a home in south Florida with the economy being the way it is. Florida got slammed the hardest out of all the states and with foreclosures left and right, Florida is a buyer's market.

Manning's $$$$ is not an issue, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more and more wealthy buyers purchasing in south Florida or around the region.

but wow that would be amazing for the fans and the team.
 10 years ago '04        #295
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
u can get nice digs for a good price here....my cousin in weston just got a 4 bd/3 bath with a big pool for under $400,000.

if manning wanted to come here huizenga would hook him up with his realtor:applause:

Last edited by madness; 03-25-2008 at 01:46 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #296
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
lmao

man if peyton went to the dolphins id cry with excitement & possibly sh*t my pants, lol

itll never happen

my wish list for dolphins qbs goes similar to this

peyton
brees
brady
palmer
mcnabb/bulger--whoever the fu*k decide to stay healthy

as far as madness goes wit :

"my cousin in weston just got a 4 bd/3 bath with a big pool for under $400,000."

aint no fu*kin florida beaches here but we just moved out to the burbs (right outside philly) we got a nice big 4 bedroom spot 2 bathrooms, plus a finished basement that is broke down into 2 more bedrooms, & it cost like 185,000...id still rather be in florida, but fu*k it...its a nice neighborhood out here...sh*t is crazy, neighbors be partyin all the time...its good people, i never really fu*ked wit people out in places like this, but its cool tho...its all about workin & havin fun...its a whole new world
 10 years ago '05        #297
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
i would be pissed if miami let the pick pass and my hate for parcells from the past would only grow, i am sorry i still think he is overrated. yeah i believe he can make us better but hell i would bet everyone on this forum could do that. all you would have to do is make sure the team won two games. but in all seriousness he will at least get us away from being the modern day bungles and cleveland clowns, HOPEFULLY
 10 years ago '04        #298
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
 casper said:
lmao

man if peyton went to the dolphins id cry with excitement & possibly sh*t my pants, lol

itll never happen

my wish list for dolphins qbs goes similar to this

peyton
brees
brady
palmer
mcnabb/bulger--whoever the fu*k decide to stay healthy

as far as madness goes wit :

"my cousin in weston just got a 4 bd/3 bath with a big pool for under $400,000."

aint no fu*kin florida beaches here but we just moved out to the burbs (right outside philly) we got a nice big 4 bedroom spot 2 bathrooms, plus a finished basement that is broke down into 2 more bedrooms, & it cost like 185,000...id still rather be in florida, but fu*k it...its a nice neighborhood out here...sh*t is crazy, neighbors be partyin all the time...its good people, i never really fu*ked wit people out in places like this, but its cool tho...its all about workin & havin fun...its a whole new world
we couldve had brees but his shoulder injury scared us off, instead we signed culpepper:hang:

sh*t getting a 4 bedroom for under $200,000 is a steal itself:wow:, but obviously the property value down here is higher, especially if u live closer to the ocean
 10 years ago '04        #299
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
yea...sh*t i forgot we could've had brees

on some real sh*t i cant be mad....hindsight is always 20/20...at the time i thought it was smart by takin a qb with a leg injury(culpepper) over a qb with a shoulder injury(brees) nobody knew brees was gonna come back like he was never hurt in the 1st place
 10 years ago '04        #300
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
JAGS INTERESTED IN JASON?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2008, 7:51 p.m.

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports, not for the Miami Herald but for its online blog (which apparently is like the journalistic kiddie table of the operation), that the Jacksonville Jaguars are rumored to be interested in Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor.

Writes Salguero, “[T]he whispers have not risen to the level of actually writing about it in The Herald yet. But they are credible enough to be on this blog.”

So with newspapers facing ever-shrinking circulations as more and more people get their news and information in real time on their computers and other Internet-enabled devices, publications like The Herald are playing “if we can’t beat ‘em by acting like we’re better than them, let’s join ‘em . . . and continue to act like we’re better than them.”

For Salguero, it’s the best of both worlds. He can say that he broke the story if the Jags ultimately make a play for Taylor, but he hasn’t had to sully the reputation of his fish wrap by printing (God forbid) rumors and/or informed speculation on it.
i wonder what the dolphins can get in return
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
129 comments
2 days ago