...:::||2008 Miami Dolphins Thread||:::...

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
113 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
101 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #221
NLI 
space
space
$180 | Props total: 0 0
What up yall huge Dolphins fan here in Iowa. I saw today that yeremiah Bell is Free Agent. I thought he did well in 2006 and I think we should keep him but who knows how he'll be after a torn ACL.

2nd ESPN said JT is stayin with us unless he retires we all know that but I think Wayne will be sure to keep him or else who do they have to fill the seats?

3rd I know its gonna sound crazy but I say get rid of Ronnie Brown. I think Lorenzo Booker is a starting HB and after a torn ACL Brown will not be the same and to be honest the only HB to fully recover from that injury would be Deuce Mcallister and still he wasnt 100%.

4th we gotta talk draft because I DO NOT want a QB in the first round. Could you imagine all the pressure on Matt Ryan if we draft him? 99% of the time rookies will fail in the first year and I dont think he is really that good along with the rest of the QB class of this year.
 10 years ago '04        #222
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 NLI said:
What up yall huge Dolphins fan here in Iowa. I saw today that yeremiah Bell is Free Agent. I thought he did well in 2006 and I think we should keep him but who knows how he'll be after a torn ACL.

2nd ESPN said JT is stayin with us unless he retires we all know that but I think Wayne will be sure to keep him or else who do they have to fill the seats?

3rd I know its gonna sound crazy but I say get rid of Ronnie Brown. I think Lorenzo Booker is a starting HB and after a torn ACL Brown will not be the same and to be honest the only HB to fully recover from that injury would be Deuce Mcallister and still he wasnt 100%.

4th we gotta talk draft because I DO NOT want a QB in the first round. Could you imagine all the pressure on Matt Ryan if we draft him? 99% of the time rookies will fail in the first year and I dont think he is really that good along with the rest of the QB class of this year.

GET RID OF RONNIE BROWN?????????

whats in the water in iowa???
 10 years ago '06        #223
NLI 
space
space
 casper said:
GET RID OF RONNIE BROWN?????????

whats in the water in iowa???
I told yall you would think I was crazy but the style of RB he is I dont think he will ever be the same. One other thing, you notice how we have barely heard anything about his progress?
 10 years ago '04        #224
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14 OP
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
 NLI said:
One other thing, you notice how we have barely heard anything about his progress?

you should check local news media outlets including the Sun-Sentinel and Miami Herald more often.

Brown's rehabilitation has been written about more then once.

His rehabilitation has been going very well and is expected to start running at the end of this month or the beginning of next month.

He's expected to be fully recovered by Training Camp and possibly sooner.

I'm not being mean or anything, but his rehabilitation is a very important thing to the team as well as fans and if you do some research you can find updates.
 10 years ago '04        #225
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
 NLI said:
I told yall you would think I was crazy but the style of RB he is I dont think he will ever be the same. One other thing, you notice how we have barely heard anything about his progress?
naw, ronnie will be back just fine....if the team had any fears that he wouldnt bounce back fully they'd be talking about taking mcfadden.

plus we've got ricky williams and lorenzo booker, this is probably the first offseason i can remember where running back depth wasnt a huge issue.
 10 years ago '06        #226
One Less Reason 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,393 | Props total: 804 804
I'm suprised that we didn't go after a big name in FA... I'm still optimistic for next season, anything has to be better than last season lol... all the rumors of Daunte/Moss wanting to go somewhere together wouldn't be bad. I wouldn't mind having Daunte back if he brought Moss, but I don't see that happening.

The draft will be exciting... and I really hope JT doesn't retire and stays with the team. If they do trade him, it'll be really disappointing.
 10 years ago '04        #227
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
^^ moss signed a 3yr deal with the pats. and like i stated before, we havent done sh*t about the secondary, so thats 6 games of being r*ped by him and brady :(
 10 years ago '06        #228
NLI 
space
space
Dont get me wrong Ronnie Brown is one of the best to hit Miami I just have my doubts.

By the way the fins signed Yeremiah Bell today to a one year deal.
 10 years ago '04        #229
space
space
 NLI said:
By the way the fins signed Yeremiah Bell today to a one year deal.
sorry i didn't update you guys sooner I've been busy with work:

DOLPHINS RE-SIGN S YEREMIAH BELL

[pic - click to view]

The Miami Dolphins today re-signed safety Yeremiah Bell to a one-year contract.

Bell, who turned 30 today, is entering his fifth NFL season after the Dolphins made him a sixth-round draft choice in 2003. In his previous four campaigns, he has played in 46 games, including 12 starts. During that time, the 6-0, 200-pounder has totaled 96 tackles, five sacks, an interception, three fumble recoveries and three forced fumbles.
Also, the Jets signed LB Calvin Pace. Miami refused to dish out the money he was requesting and not only Miami but Arizona didn't see him as more then a rushing OLB.
 10 years ago '04        #230
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
good to see YB's comin back

and i'm glad we didnt throw all that $ at pace, 14 sacks and 1 pick in 5 years aint worth $20 mill guaranteed
 03-04-2008, 11:34 AM         #231
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah im glad bell got resigned
 10 years ago '04        #232
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
where can i see how much money we got left???
 10 years ago '04        #233
its YOUNG holla 
space
space
$1,801 | Props total: 0 0
call parcells
 10 years ago '04        #234
space
space

After three quiet days of free agency following an extraordinarily busy first day, the Dolphins were once again active Tuesday as they agreed to terms with fullback Boomer Grigsby.

[pic - click to view]

Grigsby, who first played linebacker before being converted into a fullback for the Chiefs, is expected to provide a punch on special teams that was missing in Miami last year.

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #235
space
space

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 03-05-2008 at 12:45 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #236
NLI 
space
space
Dear Tom,

Michael Lehan

DOLPHINS RE-SIGN MICHAEL LEHAN; SIGN FREE AGENT FB BOOMER GRIGSBY

March 5, 2008 - The Miami Dolphins re-signed cornerback Michael Lehan to a four-year contract. Also on Wednesday, the team signed free agent fullback Boomer Grigsby to a one-year contract.
 10 years ago '04        #237
space
space
 NLI said:
DOLPHINS RE-SIGN MICHAEL LEHAN; SIGN FREE AGENT FB BOOMER GRIGSBY

March 5, 2008 - The Miami Dolphins re-signed cornerback Michael Lehan to a four-year contract. Also on Wednesday, the team signed free agent fullback Boomer Grigsby to a one-year contract.

I reported Michael lehan getting resigned back on February 20th...

I normally update Dolphin news before it's official.
 10 years ago '04        #238
space
space
LB Derrick Pope will not be re-signed by Miami. Considered too small to be molded into a 3-4 scheme, Pope becomes a unrestricted free-agent and his future lies in his agent's hands from here.

[pic - click to view]

He will become a special teams ace on another team for sure.
 10 years ago '04        #239
space
space
2008 Current Depth Chart To This Date: (Not Including UFA's)

QB - John Beck, Josh McCown, Casey Bramlet, Matt Baker
RB - Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Lorenzo Booker, Patrick Cobbs
FB - Reagan Mauia, Boomer Grigsby
WR1 - Ted Ginn, Derek Hagan, Kerry Reed, Chandler Williams
WR2 - Ernest Wilford, Greg Camarillo, David Kircus
TE - David Martin, Justin Peelle, Sean Ryan, Aaron Halterman
LT - Vernon Carey
LG - Drew Mormino
C - Samson Satele
RG - Justin Smiley, Ikechuku Ndukwe
RT - Julius Wilson

LE - Matt Roth, Rob Ninkovich, Derreck Robinson
RE - Jason Taylor, Quentin Moses
DT - Vonnie Holliday, Randy Starks, Steve Fifita
NT - Jason Ferguson, Paul Soliai, Rodrique Wright

LOLB - Reggie Torbor, Charlie Anderson, Mark Washington, Junior Glymph
MLB - Channing Crowder, Charlie Anderson
ILB - Kelvin Smith, Edmond Miles
ROLB - Joey Porter, Abraham Wright, Marcello Church

CB1 - Will Allen, Travis Daniels, Joey Thomas
CB2 - Michael Lehan, Andre Goodman

FS - Jason Allen, Renaldo Hill, Jereme Perry
SS - Yeremiah Bell, Cameron Worrell, Courtney Bryan, Tuff Harris

K - Jay Feeley
P - Brandon Fields

LS - John Denney

This depth chart was handed to me be a Dolphins executive. It's unofficial, but he was kind enough to gather names for me and place them on paper if the season were to start today.

Things to notice is John Beck is ahead of Josh McCown and Michael Lehan was promoted to 2nd CB on the depth chart. I don't see faith in Travis Daniels or Andre Goodman anymore.

Also, our offensive line is missing names. I confirmed the missing names and the team does not have intentions currently of resigning OG Chris Liwienski or Rex Hadnot.

Once again this is unofficial and just a rough sketch of what to expect going into team organized practices and mini camps if the season were to start today.

Hope this info helps.

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 03-06-2008 at 12:12 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #240
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
found this article on the dolphins site

__________________________________________________ _

Perhaps the most impressive part of what we’ve seen from the new Dolphins regime over the past several months is the big picture.

The master plan.

It is right there in front of us. We see it unfold now almost every day. A clear, precise direction, and isn’t that refreshing?

This franchise has been meandering now for too long. What it needed most is what Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland are providing: a blueprint for success.

It started with a.ssembling the staff. It continued with a dismantling of the roster – players released who were either too expensive, too old or simply not talented enough. It recently escalated into free agency with the idea of bringing into the fold young players whose best days are not in the rearview mirror. And in late April it will bring us to the draft, the Dolphins having now put themselves in a position filled with enticing options.

None of this is meant to serve as some outlandish prediction that the Dolphins will turn 1-15 into some remarkable overnight success story. It just doesn’t happen that way. But it is just as important that this franchise start taking significant steps in the right direction and that, from this viewpoint, is what’s happening now.

Parcells and Ireland now have had time to carefully dissect the Dolphins roster from a year ago. Changes have already been made. Some were easy. Others, like the decision to part ways with Zach Thomas, were far more difficult. It is clear that this master plan has been formulated and is now being carried out in an almost methodical manner.

The coaching staff was the first order of business and the Dolphins now believe they have the mix that head coach Tony Sparano was looking for: people who share his philosophy and some who will bring fresh, innovative ideas. There are former head coaches both from college and the pros. There are coaches who worked side by side with Sparano in Dallas. There are those who used their job interviews to convince Parcells and Ireland they deserved to be in the mix.

This staff has now been in place for more than a month. They have played a key role in the evaluation process. They are now ready to hit the proverbial ground running in the offseason workout program.

The roster reductions that took place prior to the start of free agency cleared enough salary cap room for the Dolphins to be aggressive from the opening bell. The Dolphins had plenty of money to spend and they are not hesitating using it.

But what I really like is this: The Dolphins are not spending their money on overpriced players in the waning years of their careers or one or two players with astronomical salary demands. Certainly that would be a temptation. Instead, they are bringing in players in their early to mid 20’s, players on the verge of taking their game to another level, players who can help upgrade the special teams that were, putting it nicely, anemic a season ago.

By the end of the first weekend, the Dolphins had signed seven free agents: two linebackers, a defensive tackle, a wide receiver, a tight end, a quarterback and an offensive guard.

The only addition to the “Over 30” club was a trade with Dallas that brought in defensive tackle Jason Ferguson. This made sense from two vantage points. In the 3-4 defense, having an experienced nose tackle is essential. But also having Ferguson to tutor Randy Starks, signed from Tennessee, could prove essential down the road.

I’m not sure what to make of the signing of quarterback Josh McCown other than this: It was important for the Dolphins to bring in a veteran quarterback to work with John Beck. I still believe they will draft a quarterback; just not sure where. McCown is big and strong – the type of quarterback Parcells covets – but he has yet to prove his worth on a consistent basis. Perhaps this coaching staff can get that out of him.

I expect the Dolphins will continue to be active as free agency moves past the preliminary stages. There are needs everywhere and a free agent signing could very well open up a slot for another player on draft day.

Speaking of the draft, the Dolphins continue to hold on to the No. 1 overall pick. I have felt all along that it would be wise to trade that pick, but that is far easier said than done. Either way, you know the Dolphins are going to get an excellent player, as they should with at least their two second-round picks as well.

What we have here is a massive turnover in the works. We’ve seen it already in free agency and we’ll continue to see it in the draft. You are 1-15 for a reason, and Parcells, Ireland and Sparano are now well aware of those reasons.

They don’t come out and talk much to the media these days. It is just their way of doing business. But you don’t need press conferences or sound bites to have a clear indication of what has been going on.

The plan has been established. It is now being implemented. Parcells has done this before. He knows the routine. But there is nothing routine about it. There is a lot of work to do. But at least it is comforting to know that the process has begun and the right people are calling the shots.

__________________________________________________ ____

ill, i know we'd like to trade our first pick, but if its not worth it we wouldnt do it.....any word on what it is we r lookin to gey for that 1st pick???, i also love havin the 2 picks in the 2nd, plus the 2nd round will start 1 pick earlier thanx to the pats
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy