Cloverfield [2007]

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
92 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Did "Cloverfield" deliver?
Yes, it's a MONSTA! 131 69.68%
No, it was a monstrous disappointment. 37 19.68%
I'm not wasting money on some shaky, hand held camera sh*t. 20 10.64%
Voters: 188. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #1
9429 pageviews
89 comments

myword 6 heat pts
space
space
$829 | Props total: 120 120
Cloverfield [2008]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

My Review

I know alot of you are curious about this one. Sorry the review is short and poorly put together (trust me it'll all make sense once you watch the movie, unlike those useless viral sites).

Enjoy.

Last edited by myword; 01-17-2008 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: Wrong year listed in title.

89 comments for "Cloverfield [2007]"

10 years ago '05        #2
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1872 1872
Movie is dope..

it's like transformers you gotta see it in theatres
 10 years ago '04        #3
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,090 | Props total: 4101 4101
I give it a solid 7. My friend gave it a 6, my other friend didn't like it much at all. First 20 minutes you got a small backstory, and then it's all action from there.

To add to MT's list, you won't like this movie if you don't like abrupt endings, but lemme explain something. That was the only way to end the movie since it is a first POV story and in the beginning, you should know how it ends because they make it obvious. There's some comedic relief. Two fine a.ss chicks in the movie, especially that Lily chick. OMG she was off the hook.

I was satisfied for the most part.
 01-18-2008, 03:38 AM         #4
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5/5

best AMERICAN monster movie ever, period.
best monster movie to come out in years

if you dont like monster films or the camera style dont see it
 10 years ago '05        #5
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,180 | Props total: 3091 3091
y'all n*ggas must be crazy to think that movie was tight, the whoooole theater got sick down here on the Imax. The whole camera thing got old in about 5 minutes, and for the next 70 minutes you have to sit through it. No monster development, no story development. Its basically a story about how this dude wants to tell this girl he loves her....people were walking out of the midnight screening i went to...
3/10
 01-18-2008, 12:49 PM         #6
Rynoh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
7/10.. I enjoyed it.
 10 years ago '04        #7
willi150 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,500 | Props total: 221 221
I haven't seen it yet but plan on seein it tomorrow but for people that plan on going to see it u must realize that they have been promoting the movie for forever with the camera angles the way that they are so don't go to the movie and expect something different
 01-18-2008, 02:19 PM         #8
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DipsetSoulja said:
y'all n*ggas must be crazy to think that movie was tight, the whoooole theater got sick down here on the Imax. The whole camera thing got old in about 5 minutes, and for the next 70 minutes you have to sit through it. No monster development, no story development. Its basically a story about how this dude wants to tell this girl he loves her....people were walking out of the midnight screening i went to...
3/10
the people who walked out have 0 taste in movies and cant comprehend what this movie is about, like you.

no story development? are you fu*king retarded? the story was about him going to save the girl of his life, no monster development? its because its a first person perspective of the event that happened with a certain group

which leaves an opening for prequels and sequels to explain everything

you fail at being a movie fan, then again you are prolly one of the douche bags who thinks scarface is a classic :rolleyes:
 10 years ago '04        #9
space
space
 Styl3s said:
the people who walked out have 0 taste in movies and cant comprehend what this movie is about, like you.

no story development? are you fu*king retarded? the story was about him going to save the girl of his life, no monster development? its because its a first person perspective of the event that happened with a certain group

you fail at being a movie fan, then again you are prolly one of the douche bags who thinks scarface is a classic :rolleyes:
That was a complete owning. lol
 10 years ago '06        #10
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
Just saw it earlier, and I was impressed.

The monster was cool, it was actually better than I expected. There wasn't more than 1 monster, which is a good thing, because that would have pretty much ruined the whole movie. I don't know who told you there was more than 1.

I think they could have made the parasites or whatever a little better, but they were still cool none the less.

I wish they would have gave more detail about the monster, ie. where it came from, what it is, etc. But then again I'm kind of glad they kept it "hidden" so it would make you think, and it will lead to a good sequel.

Pretty much everyone booed and said "that's it?" "this sucks" after it was over, but I was pleased. Deff. a good movie.

I'd give it a 3 1/2 out of 5.
 10 years ago '04        #11
dj_tameil 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,563 | Props total: 92 92
 DipsetSoulja said:
3/10

stfu n*gga... the movie was hot. from the very begining of the movie and the way it started off... everybody knew all of the footage was gonna be from the camera. only the decisions that the characters made in the movie made me mad... but the movie was fu*kin crack.
 01-18-2008, 10:25 PM         #12
flex001 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"the people who walked out have 0 taste in movies and cant comprehend what this movie is about, like you.

you fail at being a movie fan, then again you are prolly one of the douche bags who thinks scarface is a classic"

and youre the type of person that gets dekcuf in the a.ss. "the story was about him going to save the girl of his life" youre a f*g**t homie. not only is scarface a classic but transformers was wack as fu*k for the other turd on here. and if you pussies give it a 7 i might as well pass this one up.
 10 years ago '04        #13
space
space
 flex001 said:
"the people who walked out have 0 taste in movies and cant comprehend what this movie is about, like you.

you fail at being a movie fan, then again you are prolly one of the douche bags who thinks scarface is a classic"

and youre the type of person that gets dekcuf in the a.ss. "the story was about him going to save the girl of his life" youre a f*g**t homie. not only is scarface a classic but transformers was wack as fu*k for the other turd on here. and if you pussies give it a 7 i might as well pass this one up.
Scarface was boring after he got to the top. Carlitos Way > Scarface. Hell, Toy Story 2 > Scarface
 01-18-2008, 11:55 PM         #14
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
movie was really boring early on, and there was too much time in between any "Action"
and yeah people walked out when i saw it too
the thing is there were like max 3 cool moments, and thats not enough for a movie that was hype so much...

sh*t was dissapointing

and for the record, Scarface is eh
hahah
 10 years ago '04        #15
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
i didnt care too much for this movie, i liked the effects and things like that.. im salty my camera dude died, lol... he was funny and had to get fu*ked up the worst way... jokingly though, aint no v*gina on this earth gone make me go back to the city to deal with that beast...
 10 years ago '05        #16
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,823 | Props total: 56 56
this movie shouldve been The Blair Monster Project.....its the EXACT SAME fu*kING MOVIE...just take out witch and put it a corny a.ss monster...the ending and camera work was the same recycled bullsh*t...plus it had no character development at all....by the end of the movie all i could think was "hurry up and die already i wanna go home"....u dont care about the characters at all cept Hud cuz hes the only 1 with a personality....as soon as the movie ended everyone in the theatre i was at was like "awwwwww..." and 1 kid yelled "that movie sucked"....this sh*t is gettin hyped just liek blair witch project did but then everyone realized the actual movie was lame....
 10 years ago '04        #17
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
SPOILER START!!!!

fu*k Captain Save a Hoe, Rob was ADMIRAL Save A Hoe. LIEUTENANT Save a Hoe. lol I can't believe he would spend all that time and risk his life to go find someone who, not only was probably dead, but had the nerve to bring another man to his going away party. lol

SPOILER END!!!

On some real sh*t though, about the movie, I only thought it was decent. But for the people who didn't like it, how can you go into a monster movie with real expectations? The movie starts off not being based on reality...it's about a monster! So to be disappointed at a lack of story development or something is just dumb. You want reality in one way, but will suspend belief about monsters in order to take in the movie? For me, I tried to keep an open mind and set aside the fact that, for the most part, I don't think people would videotape in that situation. But damn...as the movie went on, I thought "SERIOUSLY!? Why is he still taping at all? But REALLY why is he still taping at eye level?" lol
 10 years ago '04        #18
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
Oh...I'd give it about 7 out of 10. It had some really cool parts. It felt like a big a.ss long a.ss ride at Universal Studios. lol
 10 years ago '05        #19
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,823 | Props total: 56 56
 DTownPistonsFan said:
Why is he still taping at all? But REALLY why is he still taping at eye level?" lol
lmao @ that....i let that sh*t go too...like filming at eye level when hes crossing from roof to roof...but that wasnt wut i didnt like about it. i didnt liek that the movie was short as fu*k...they couldve used another half hour or so to let u get to know the characters so u care more about whether they survive or not. and i didnt think there was 1 single original thought in that whole movie...it was literally blair witch and godzilla had a bastard child and it was Cloverfield...then add in a typical "love story" and boo ya...fu*k that movie in its face
 10 years ago '07        #20
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,313 | Props total: 8562 8562
This movie sucked. Like dude said it was a high tech rip-off of Blair Witch. Same sh*t.

The fact that this dude is still filming everything thru all of the chaos is bullsh*t. The handheld cam bit got old real fast. He was funny though.
And when dude with the camera gets murked.....How did the dude and his bi*ch, who appeared to be stabbed thru the heart with an steel rod but miraculously survived with no visible effects, manage to escape the monster when they were right by it? Did the monster decide to spare them? How was that chick so mobile after being speared thru the chest with a steel rod??

I understand that the openings leave room for questions to be answered in a sequel or prequel but this movie had too many holes to be considered good. I could list a thousand more questions....but I'm too geeked up right now.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
20 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
73 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
130 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy