1/13/08 - NFC Divisional Playoff Game: Giants @ Cowboys, 4:00 EST (FOX)

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #141
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 Stupendamatic said:
Making excuses to why Dallas will lose already??

As for the Giants leading the league in sacks, toss that whole "oh philly had a rookie lt", there's 5 players on the line not just 1.. If you watched the game you would know a lot of pressure was brought up the middle as well as the edge.

The cowboys haven't played well in over a month so you can expect them to start off slow.

None of us know how T.O. really is, we know he is not 100%.

Any football fan knows how important momentum is in the post season and the Giants have that. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Accoring to the so called experts we shouldn't even be in the playoffs since we don't have Tiki.

Eli Manning is playing his best football of the year at the right time, not to mention he has done well against Dallas this year.

Since the Giants run a similar D that the Eagles run, I'm sure our D coordinator since he was in Philly has been looking at what Philly did.

I know Dallas fans are nervous about this game, they would have rather played the Buccs then the Giants.

Oh one more thing, Ahmad Bradshaw.
Romo was sacked one time in each game against NY this year...... pressure ???... we've been struggling without Grurode (pro bowl linemen) who we get back this Sunday....

im not stressing Eli Manning, just 3 games ago he threw 2 INT/0 TD against Buffalo, you can stress the conditions with the rain but it wasnt bad weather all game...... 2 INT on 7 attempts is a.ss

Manning will get r*ped tomorrow when we send pressure, dog... you think Dallas has been sending exotic blitz packages these last few weeks ?

we lit Manning up last game for 5 sacks and a forced fumble with 2 INT..... Kevin Boss is not Jeremy Shockey, Shockey bailed yall out HARD that game.... expect Roy Williams to play closer to the box/in the box this game and not even have to stress coverage duties heavy

Greg Ellis didnt even pass rush in the Skins game and Demarcus Ware was still eating Collins up for 2 forced fumbles and a sack

fu*k Owens.... Glenn is gonna open up another spot for threats, Dockery is hurt for the secondary now, while Owens may be hurt... your secondary is smashed by injuries

Last edited by eLLz; 01-12-2008 at 10:15 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #142
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3266 3266
Texasboy...It's 60% Dallas is gonna win ESPN Statistics. Stop bi*ching and just watch the game.
 01-12-2008, 11:00 PM         #143
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Switchc2390 said:
Texasboy...It's 60% Dallas is gonna win ESPN Statistics. Stop bi*ching and just watch the game.
I don't even fu*k with ESPN that much, so who gives a fu*k what they think....and I really don't give a fu*k what you think. It was a mistake and complete waste of energy arguing with your biased, no-football knowledge havin @ss in the first place. You're the same b*tch who made excuses after each Giants loss this year and you have the audacity to say someone else is b*tching....sit the fu*k down f*g**t.

You know what, don't respond to my posts anymore n*gga...you're not even on my level.
 10 years ago '05        #144
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
I don't even fu*k with ESPN that much, so who gives a fu*k what they think....and I really don't give a fu*k what you think. It was a mistake and complete waste of energy arguing with your biased, no-football knowledge havin @ss in the first place. You're the same b*tch who made excuses after each Giants loss this year and you have the audacity to say someone else is b*tching....sit the fu*k down f*g**t.

You know what, don't respond to my posts anymore n*gga...you're not even on my level.
Well actually I seem to remember your a.ss coming into every thread trying to beat up on the G-Men for no reason and jumping to random conclusions. Don't front, you care what I think. If you didn't, you wouldn't have kept responding. I'm obviously not gonna just sit here and watch you rag on my team with no proof at all. So I argue against you. However, I realize it's a waste of time because you have a habit of Whining, bi*ching, and name-calling instead of being a man and defending your argument. Basically, you just mad. Coming in here with 20 swears in your post all mad and sh*t.

I made the decision to chill out and just watch the game tomorrow and see what happens. I suggest you grow up and do the same.

Last edited by Switchc2390; 01-12-2008 at 11:08 PM..
 01-12-2008, 11:14 PM         #145
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:rolleyes:...didn't even read that bullsh*t. Go that-a-way------->
 10 years ago '04        #146
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 FACEMOB1 said:
Lets Goooooooo Gwomen.....fu*k TOs bi*ch a.ss squad
Lol @ u and the eagles stayin home to watch us play
 10 years ago '05        #147
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,472 | Props total: 3357 3357
To dude that brought up Buffalo, we still won that game so your post is irellevant.

Tex, trust me I know how it is to turn on the TV and see your team trashed. All the so called experts at the begining of the season had us going 6-10 because we dont have Barber and the team is a mess. Giants have been underdogs all year.
 10 years ago '07        #148
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,806 | Props total: 452 452
 eLLz said:
Romo was sacked one time in each game against NY this year...... pressure ???... we've been struggling without Grurode (pro bowl linemen) who we get back this Sunday....

im not stressing Eli Manning, just 3 games ago he threw 2 INT/0 TD against Buffalo, you can stress the conditions with the rain but it wasnt bad weather all game...... 2 INT on 7 attempts is a.ss

Manning will get r*ped tomorrow when we send pressure, dog... you think Dallas has been sending exotic blitz packages these last few weeks ?

we lit Manning up last game for 5 sacks and a forced fumble with 2 INT..... Kevin Boss is not Jeremy Shockey, Shockey bailed yall out HARD that game.... expect Roy Williams to play closer to the box/in the box this game and not even have to stress coverage duties heavy

Greg Ellis didnt even pass rush in the Skins game and Demarcus Ware was still eating Collins up for 2 forced fumbles and a sack

fu*k Owens.... Glenn is gonna open up another spot for threats, Dockery is hurt for the secondary now, while Owens may be hurt... your secondary is smashed by injuries
shockey was the only one really putting in that work against the cowboys that game and the giants was still in position to tie the game in the fourth quater.u remember 24-17 jacobs runs it in from 6 yards out to tie it up but only to have it called back on a questionable holding call then having to settle for a field goal.

plax had 4 catches for 24 yards and toomer had 3 catches for 37 yards and moss had one catch for 13 yards.now look at that offense production for the giants to even be in the game with that production is crazy! now do u really expect those same numbers?! o yea steve smith gonna be out there so the giants finally have a 3rd wr. dont expect to see sinorice moss in the slot too much.did i mention ahmad bradshaw can catch out of the backfield so if nothings open i expect eli to dump it off to him an let him run.boss dont have to be shockey because i expect plax,toomer and steve smith to do they job.but sleep boss if u want they say he have better hands then shockey and roy williams make any body catching the ball look good.

as far as the defense i think madison gonna play and webster been stepping his game up.so the secondary should be aight if madison does not play then ima be nervous because that means mcquaters gonna have to play some corner.spags is a good coordinator so i expect some new sh*t on defense
 01-13-2008, 06:59 AM         #149
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
texas mha dude i got love for yall.....but man im lost on who to route for

i want to play the boys again, but i want to play home in the snow
 10 years ago '07        #150
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,364 | Props total: 184 184
 rag621 said:
don't worry

he said Green Bay was gonna win, but during the game, he kept posting saying: the game is boring, (after Green Bay scored 21 unanswered points to come back) and he started going against GB.

so even though he said Giants gonna win, he's most likely gonna root against them
actually no bi*ch
i started goin against green bay cuz it was too much d*ck rideing in that thread and also i would never root against the mighty g-men thats my team for life and jus for the record whoever wins this game"(which will be the giants)is goin to the superbowl.The packers stand no chance
 10 years ago '07        #151
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
Giants Vs Cowboys Game 1

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- The juiced-up defense that Wade Phillips supposedly is bringing to the Dallas Cowboys isn't here yet.

Luckily for him, Tony Romo, Terrell Owens and Marion Barber are still around.

Barber got things rolling with an 18-yard touchdown run on fourth-and-1, Owens added two highlight-reel touchdown catches and Romo made up for a late interception with a 51-yard touchdown pass to Sam Hurd to seal a 45-35 victory over the injury-depleted New York Giants on Sunday night.

Scouts Buzz
Dallas held a one-point lead at halftime. Hardly enough to feel comfortable, but the Cowboys came back to score 28 points in the second half to pull away from the New York Giants. What did they do? They started throwing the ball to Terrell Owens, who had no balls thrown to him in the first half. Owens responded with two touchdowns of 22 and 47 yards. He ran crossing routes that forced the two Giant safeties into coverage underneath when they wanted to play deep and help out on the receivers running go patterns down the sidelines. Corners inevitably have to trade off receivers running crossing patterns, which results in a soft area, when the QB can hit them with a pass. Owens has made a career of those kinds of passes. -- Doug Kretz, Scouts Inc.
• Complete Week 1 Scouts Buzz

Romo threw for a career-high 345 yards and four touchdowns, plus ran for another score, as the Cowboys opened the Phillips era by matching the most points scored the last four years under Bill Parcells.

Dallas needed them all, though, because the Phillips 3-4 defense gave up 438 yards and lots of big plays, turning a potential blowout into a nail-biter. The Cowboys were up by only a field goal when Hurd took a slant and turned it into the game-breaking score with 3:03 left.

"How about my offense, huh?" Phillips said with a laugh at the start of his postgame news conference.

Dallas was among the league's top offenses last year, with Barber running for the most TDs in the NFC and Owens catching the most scoring passes in the NFL. New offensive coordinator Jason Garrett proved he hasn't messed with a good thing by calling plays that led to touchdowns on five of six drives -- from Barber's dazzling dash in the second quarter to a 47-yarder by Owens early in the fourth quarter.

Considering that left the Cowboys up by 16 and the Giants had lost both sack leader Osi Umenyiora and new starting running back Brandon Jacobs to knee injuries, it would've been understandable if national TV viewers headed for bed.

Anyone who did, however, missed Eli Manning proving to Tiki Barber and the rest of his critics that he's got plenty of leadership ability.

Manning drove 80 yards in nine plays, capping it with a 9-yard touchdown pass to Derrick Ward that got New York to 38-28 with 7:20 left. After botching a 2-point try -- and bruising his throwing shoulder on the play -- the Giants got the ball back on an interception, then Manning threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Plaxico Burress. It was their third TD connection of the night and it pulled New York to 38-35 with 4:09 left.

But Romo came back with a quick score of his own, the long, blitz-beating touchdown to Hurd, a second-year receiver in because of an injury to Terry Glenn.

The Giants were out of comebacks because Manning's bruised shoulder kept him on the sideline.

"It feels a little tight, a little sore right now," Manning said. "As time went on, it got a little more sore."

Manning said he "didn't want to go in there and make anything worse, land on it or get hit on it and make something where I miss next week."

Manning was 28-of-41 for 312 yards and four touchdowns with an interception. Burress caught eight passes for 144 yards.

Michael Strahan did not start, but played plenty only a few days after ending his long preseason holdout. He had five tackles and no sacks.

"No matter how you lose it, it's a loss," coach Tom Coughlin said. "It hurts."

Romo was 15-of-24. Tight end Jason Witten had six catches for 116 yards and a touchdown. Owens caught only three passes, but scored on two of them.

"It was good to see we were able to put up so many points and keep attacking," Romo said.

The Cowboys might need to keep scoring to prop up their defense.

Cornerback Terence Newman missed the game with a foot problem that could linger and linebacker Greg Ellis isn't back from an Achilles' tear from last year. Then, in the first quarter, Dallas lost nose tackle Jason Ferguson for the season because of a torn bicep. The team initially called it an elbow problem.

The good news for the D: Newman's replacement, Jacques Reeves, had an interception and Ferguson's replacement, Jay Ratliff, had a sack.

"We would definitely love to cut some of those yards down," linebacker Bradie James said. "We have some things we have to correct, [but] we came out with a win."

New York started strong, silencing a sellout crowd swishing "Wade's Warriors" towels when Manning threw a 60-yard touchdown pass to Burress on the third snap. But the Giants flubbed the extra point.

Dallas was down 6-3 and facing fourth-and-1 from the New York 18 when Phillips made his first big decision as coach of the Cowboys -- opting to go for a first down instead of a short, tying field goal.

The ball went to Barber and all he did was shake a defender at the line, bounce outside, shove away a second defender, then dive headfirst toward the end zone from around the 5. A third defender hit Barber, flipping him over the goal line for the go-ahead score.

Cameras caught Phillips' smiling widely and throwing a soft uppercut. The reaction would be seen several more times, like after the touchdown pass to Witten that stretched the lead to 17-6, Owens' first touchdown -- a diving one-hander -- to open the second half, and Romo dancing in from 9 yards for the first TD rushing of his career.

"This is going to be the nature of our team," Owens said. "It's a good starting point to where we need to go."

Game notes
This game produced the most points in the 90-game history of this series. Dallas also scored its most points in an opener since putting up 49 in 1971 -- the year the Cowboys won their first Super Bowl. ... Phillips improved to 2-1 in debuts. He won in Denver in 1993, lost in Buffalo in 1998. ... New York's Amani Toomer caught a 35-yard pass in the back of the end zone, but couldn't get the toes of his right foot inbounds to stretch an early 6-3 lead. The Giants did not challenge as replays showed he was out -- barely.
 10 years ago '07        #152
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
CowBoys Vs Giants Game 2

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Once they stopped beating themselves with penalties, the Dallas Cowboys took command of the NFC East by riding their biggest stars: Tony Romo and Terrell Owens.

Romo hit Owens on two of his four touchdown passes and Dallas opened a big lead in the division by ending the Giants' six-game winning streak with a 31-20 victory on Sunday.

"If you want to call it swagger, yes we have the confidence that we know we can go out and beat teams," said Owens, who broke the game open with second-half TD catches of 25 and 50 yards. Owens finished with six catches for 125 yards, his third straight 100-yard game. T.O. As Giant k!ller

Terrell Owens continued his dominance Sunday of the New York Giants, picking up his 11th TD catch in nine career games and pushing his yards-per-game average to 97.9 against the team.

Year Rec.-Yds. TDs

2007 6-125 2

3-87 2

2006 8-84 0

6-98 1

2004 4-61 0

8-68 3

2002 4-41 0

9-177* 2*

1998 5-140

* -- Playoff game

"Obviously today, we had more penalties than we would like and we have to eliminate those," T.O. added. "That was everybody's emotions running high. There was a little trash-talking by them. We came here. The game was played and I feel like we made a statement."

With the win, the Cowboys (8-1) opened a two-game lead over the Giants (6-3), a three-game edge on Washington (5-4) and a four-game margin on Philadelphia (4-5). Dallas also swept the season series with New York, so it has the tiebreaker should they finished tied.

"It's another step along the journey that we're trying to go through to get where we want to go," said Romo, who completed 20-of-28 for 247 yards. "A win like tonight just adds to your confidence. When you do something like this, you have a chance to do something special."

The last time the Cowboys started a season at 8-1 was 1995, the last time they won the Super Bowl.

With seven games left, the Cowboys also are tied with Green Bay for the best record in the conference. The two will play in Dallas on Nov. 29.

For the Giants, their best hopes for a playoff berth seemingly are a wild-card spot.

"It does put us behind the 8-ball," defensive end Justin Tuck said. "If you ever play pool, I've seen people make shots from behind that 8-ball. That's what we are looking at."

Romo also threw a 15-yard touchdown pass to Tony Curtis in the first quarter and a 20-yarder to Patrick Crayton just before halftime, starting a string of three straight touchdown drives.

Nick Folk added a 44-yard field goal.

Eli Manning threw an 8-yard touchdown pass to Jeremy Shockey, who tied his career high with 12 catches for 129 yards. Reuben Droughns scored on a 1-yard run and Lawrence Tynes kicked field goals of 40 and 26 yards.

The second field goal came after New York had Brandon Jacobs' potential tying touchdown run early in the fourth quarter nullified by a questionable holding penalty on guard Chris Snee against Roy Williams.

"I didn't think I held him, but you have to go with the call," said Snee, who originally thought Dallas was being called for a penalty.

Until that point, the Cowboys were the ones hurting themselves with undisciplined errors. Four penalties in the first half gave New York 10 points and had Dallas heading to the locker room tied at 17.

The Cowboys were called for three penalties on the Giants' opening TD drive. The one everyone will remember was a taunting call against linebacker Kevin Burnett with the Cowboys ahead 17-14 in the waning seconds.

Jacobs had just been stuffed on a run from his 35 and Burnett yapped at him. The 15-yard walkoff moved the ball to the 50 with 12 seconds to go. Manning found Shockey for 29 yards to set up a 40-yard field goal by Tynes that tied the game.

"Once it's over, you have to learn from your mistakes," Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said. "We couldn't harp on that. We just told them it was nothing-nothing. We've done it all year. The second half is ours."

The Cowboys' defense, which sacked Manning five times and intercepted him twice, stopped the Giants on the opening possession of the half and then Romo and company took over.

The go-ahead 25-yard touchdown pass came on a play where T.O. ran past cornerback Sam Madison and was wide open. It capped a 12-play, 86-yard drive on which the Cowboys converted three 10-plus-yard situations, the last a 13-yard pass to Crayton on third-and-11 from the New York 38. Owens scored on the next play.

Owens ran by safety Gibril Wilson on the long pass.

"If he gets moving, he's tough to catch up to," Romo said. "I just tried to give him some air and let him go get it."

Romo's other touchdown passes were just as easy against an improved defense that gave up 45 points in Dallas in the opener.

His 15-yard pass to Curtis on the opening series came after he broke containment on a pass rush. Just before reaching the line of scrimmage, he saw a wide-open Curtis in the corner of the end zone.

Manning, who was 23-of-34 for 236 yards on a day he threw mostly short passes, tied the game with his TD pass to Shockey.

Folk's field goal gave Dallas a 10-7 lead before Wilson's interception set up a 60-yard drive Droughns capped with his run.

Crayton gave the Cowboys a 17-14 lead with 20 seconds to go with a 20-yard catch and run after breaking a tackle by cornerback Aaron Ross.

Game notes
Line judge Jeff Seaman pulled a hamstring in the second quarter and referee Jeff Triplette's crew worked the rest of the game with six officials. ...Corey Webster, who started at cornerback for the Giants in the season opener and lost his job in Game 3, was inactive. ...The Giants are now 1-3 wearing red jerseys. ...Giants RT Kareem McKenzie suffered a bruised back in the second half and was replaced by Guy Whimper. ...Dallas DT Tank Johnson had three tackles, a sack and a penalty in his first action since serving an eight-game NFL suspension for off-field problems.

10 years ago '05        #153
SupaEd11 
space
space
space
$266 | Props total: 2 2
Streamline ?

Anyone know where / how i can view the game online ?
 10 years ago '06        #154
rag621 
space
space
$8,260 | Props total: 0 0
 CheezyDoDo said:
actually no bi*ch
i started goin against green bay cuz it was too much d*ck rideing in that thread and also i would never root against the mighty g-men thats my team for life and jus for the record whoever wins this game"(which will be the giants)is goin to the superbowl.The packers stand no chance
I bet the internet is the only time you cuss

n*gga, you always di*kriding Wayne. i bet you didn't start listening to him, until the Carter 2 dropped.

The Giants stand no chance against Green Bay. You seen what happened to the team the media said was evenly matched to the Packers, yesterday.
 10 years ago '06        #155
Pitts Gutta 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 12 12
We beat them once,we beat them twice and after the third a.ss whoopin' we serve you lil' Giants today,its the end of the season for you. There is no comin' back! Cowboys fans,can i get a ROOOOLLLLL CALLLLLLL!!!!
 01-13-2008, 11:06 AM         #156
T.O.N.Y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u know ur scared deep down inside, its alright,
 01-13-2008, 11:54 AM         #157
T.O.N.Y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DallasTexas said:

no way in the world the giant fans arent scared considering they are 0-2 on the year
we got nothing to lose, no1 even expected us to be here, now no1 expects us to beat the cowgirls....its alright, how sweet it will be
 10 years ago '05        #158
space
space
Everybody stands a chance against everybody. It's the playoffs.
 10 years ago '06        #159
jj01 
space
space
$44,978 | Props total: 4694 4694
game is going to be a war, i hope we get our sh*t together and get this game
 10 years ago '05        #160
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 T.O.N.Y said:
we got nothing to lose, no1 even expected us to be here, now no1 expects us to beat the cowgirls....its alright, how sweet it will be
Yeah no one expects you to win, but over half the media picked the Giants to win :rolleyes:
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
16 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy