1/12/08 - NFC Divisional Playoffs: Seahawks @ Packers Thread, 4:30 EST on FOX

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #21
rag621  OP
space
space
$8,260 | Props total: 0 0
Brett Favre says Mike McCarthy deserved NFL's coach of the year

By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports Writer
January 5, 2008

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- While the New England Patriots might have been perfect, Brett Favre thinks Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy should have been The a.ssociated Press NFL Coach of the Year.

New England's Bill Belichick received 29 votes from a 50-member nationwide panel of media members who cover the NFL. McCarthy finished second with 15 votes.
ADVERTISEMENT

"I saw where he didn't win the coach of the year, but he was as deserving as anyone," Favre said of McCarthy. "With good reason -- he's taken a team with a lot of young faces, inexperienced faces, a few older guys, and has found a way to win 13 games. That's very difficult to do. So I give him a lot of credit. But you know, the guys here before were pretty good, too."

Asked what McCarthy has contributed to the Packers' dramatic turnaround over the past two seasons, Favre said he was "a little more low-key" than the Packers' previous two coaches, Mike Sherman and Mike Holmgren.

Favre called Sherman, who was fired after the Packers went 4-12 in 2005, a "great coach." But Favre made it clear that he doesn't entirely disagree with what apparently was a common criticism of both Sherman and Holmgren: That they both were "too engrossed in what they were doing" and tended to take some of the fun out of football.

"I've heard that a lot," Favre said. "I've never accused Mike Sherman of that, never would accuse Mike Holmgren of it. Did I see them get kind of caught up in everything, wanting to control everything? Yeah. I found myself doing the same thing. And I think what Mike has done, Mike McCarthy that is, is kind of just gotten back to the basics, allowed his coaches to coach, kept it fun.

"And I'm reluctant to say any of that, because I don't want to come across as knocking what's happened here before. I think ultimately it comes down to each guy taking responsibility for his actions. And to blame it on this coach or that coach is a bunch of bull."

McCarthy said it was an honor just to be considered for the award.

"Any time you are a part of those conversations, to me, that's enough," McCarthy said. "It's flattering to be mentioned in the same breath with a football coach that's won 16 football games. I think the season New England's had is incredible and it's a tribute to what Coach Belichick has established up there with his program.

"I'm not trying to take away anything from what we've accomplished. Just being a part of those conversations says enough about your football team and your coaching staff, that you're doing things the right way. Your program is definitely pointing things in the right direction. It's all about winning championships. To me, that's the bottom line. All the awards and that are gravy. The true goal, and always will be the goal, is to win the championship."
 01-06-2008, 03:50 AM         #22
adizzle69696969 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
god damn i can't wait for this game...if hasselbeck plays smart we win...end of story. Our D is legit, so if we just can take care of the ball on offense I think we'll be set. I'm kinda worried about how we'll play on the road though.....
 10 years ago '06        #23
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 628 628
 rag621 said:

[pic - click to view]

"We want the ball and we're gonna score" - Matt Hasselbeck, January 4, 2004
beat me to it lol..

I remember that afternoon all my cuzinz are packers fans they got pissed as fu*k when Matt said that sh*t..then they all had a good time laughing after the pic6
 01-06-2008, 08:42 AM         #24
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
packers d is way better then seahawks
 10 years ago '06        #25
rag621  OP
space
space
 m!ck3y said:
beat me to it lol..

I remember that afternoon all my cuzinz are packers fans they got pissed as fu*k when Matt said that sh*t..then they all had a good time laughing after the pic6
yeah I remember that day to.

My nephew (21) and me (20) was watching the game. Then next thing you know, the cable start going in and out in my neighborhood (I think it was raining and comcast had to come out to fix something). I quickly hopped on the computer to check out what was happening, while my nephew started playing my N64 (my playstation 2 was messed up. If you was to put in a game, it would start making some noise and it would severely scratch the disc, fu*k sony) and he put in Quarterback Club 99. Long story short, the cable came back on right before the end of regulation. So I was able to see Hasselbeck say that stupid sh*t and how he throw a int on their first drive.
 01-06-2008, 09:49 AM         #26
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
quarter back clluubbbbbbb

brett runned that sh*t
 10 years ago '06        #27
rag621  OP
space
space
 QueenzBaller26 said:
quarter back clluubbbbbbb

brett runned that sh*t
yep, I got QB Club 98 & 99 instead of madden, cause Brett was on the cover
 01-06-2008, 11:40 AM         #28
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can't wait for this game. Al Harris owned Hasselbeck last time and that was without Charles Woodson on the other side. Plus our safeties are playing a lot better than last time.

Kampman, KGB, Harris, Woodson, Barnett, and Bigby = Goodnight, Hasselbeck.
 01-06-2008, 01:30 PM         #29
adizzle69696969 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RediKnight said:
I can't wait for this game. Al Harris owned Hasselbeck last time and that was without Charles Woodson on the other side. Plus our safeties are playing a lot better than last time.

Kampman, KGB, Harris, Woodson, Barnett, and Bigby = Goodnight, Hasselbeck.
ummmm our DEs are just as good as urs, our LBs are way better, and are CBs are just as good (trufant is the sh*t). And we finally have good safeties also that can defend the deep ball. Overall I think this is a pretty evenly matched game....it might come down to home-field advantage....
 01-06-2008, 01:59 PM         #30
dresnoop60 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lets get it!!!!!!
 01-06-2008, 02:59 PM         #31
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 adizzle69696969 said:
ummmm our DEs are just as good as urs, our LBs are way better, and are CBs are just as good (trufant is the sh*t). And we finally have good safeties also that can defend the deep ball. Overall I think this is a pretty evenly matched game....it might come down to home-field advantage....
are you KIDDING MMMEEE

nick barrnet and AJ hawk >>> your linebacker CORE
 01-06-2008, 03:09 PM         #32
adizzle69696969 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 QueenzBaller26 said:
are you KIDDING MMMEEE

HAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....im guessing u haven't heard of julian peterson, lofa tatupu, and leroy hill?
 10 years ago '06        #33
rag621  OP
space
space
 adizzle69696969 said:
HAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....im guessing u haven't heard of julian peterson, lofa tatupu, and leroy hill?
its always good to dream
 01-06-2008, 03:52 PM         #34
Twelveinchez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn...dont know who i should b rootin for to win this game
 10 years ago '04        #35
tbuismoke 
space
space
$2,034 | Props total: 1 1
 QueenzBaller26 said:
are you KIDDING MMMEEE

they are unproven LBs....SEATTLE LBs dominate

SEATTLE LBs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>greenbay LBs
 01-06-2008, 05:47 PM         #36
adizzle69696969 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
GB starting LBS:
Barnett-131 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 2 int, 4 pass defenses
Hawk-105 tackles, 1.0 sack, 1 forced fumble, 1 int, 4 pass defenses
Poppinga-50 tackles, 0.0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 1 int, 1 pass defense

GB TOTAL: 286 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 4 int, 9 pass defenses

SEA starting LBs:
Tatupu-109 tackles, 1.0 sack, 3 forced fumbles, 4 int, 9 pass defenses
Peterson-74 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 2 int, 3 pass defenses
Hill- 81 tackles, 3.0 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 0 int, 4 pass defenses

SEA TOTAL: 264 tackles, 13.5 sacks, 10 forced fumbles, 6 int, 16 pass defenses

In conclusion, SEA LBs>>>>>>>GB LBs
 10 years ago '04        #37
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 texasplayboy_23 said:
:finger:Get out the 1st round hoe.
what was you sayin?
 10 years ago '04        #38
tbuismoke 
space
space
$2,034 | Props total: 1 1
 adizzle69696969 said:
GB starting LBS:

SEA starting LBs:

put it down homie :applause::applause::applause:
 01-06-2008, 07:49 PM         #39
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 adizzle69696969 said:
GB starting LBS:

SEA starting LBs:

Barnett actually finished with 164 tackles (108 solo.) NFL.com has a disclaimer on their site to visit the team sites for the official tackle numbers. Packers.com update their stats based on the Elias Sports Bereau weekly adjustments after watching the game film. For whatever reason I still can't understand why, NFL.com does not update these corrections on their website.

AJ Hawk had 113 (90 solo)
Brady Poppinga had 66 (41 solo)

Green Bay's LB tackle total is actually 343.

Source:

Either way this Saturday we'll see which linebacker is really better. Barnett or Tatupu. My money is on Barnett.

Trufant is nice, but Woodson and Harris >>>> Trufant and Jennings. sh*t Deion Sanders has already publicly said that Woodson and Harris our the BEST DB tandem in the entire league.
 01-06-2008, 10:29 PM         #40
adizzle69696969 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RediKnight said:
Barnett actually finished with 164 tackles (108 solo.) NFL.com has a disclaimer on their site to visit the team sites for the official tackle numbers. Packers.com update their stats based on the Elias Sports Bereau weekly adjustments after watching the game film. For whatever reason I still can't understand why, NFL.com does not update these corrections on their website.

AJ Hawk had 113 (90 solo)
Brady Poppinga had 66 (41 solo)

Green Bay's LB tackle total is actually 343.

Source:

Either way this Saturday we'll see which linebacker is really better. Barnett or Tatupu. My money is on Barnett.

Trufant is nice, but Woodson and Harris >>>> Trufant and Jennings. sh*t Deion Sanders has already publicly said that Woodson and Harris our the BEST DB tandem in the entire league.
wait what the fu*k? are u saying that all the stats are wrong for every player, or are only GB's stats fu*ked up? That makes no sense that nfl.com doesn't update that sh*t. Wouldn't that mean that other player's tackles and other stats aren't right if they aren't updated after review?

I still think everyone underrates our LB core, but yeah we'll see on saturday who's better.....I agree that ur CBs (Harris and Woodson) are better than ours, but not by a sh*tload....
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy