NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #121
come 
space
space
space
$50 | Props total: 1 1
You will get no argument from me when it comes to Premo and Dilla, but Rza?
Can you really put a guy in the company of Dilla and Premo who had a string of classic albums back in the mid 90s? Name me two tracks that Rza has produced in the last three years that more than two people on this board will recognize.
 12-29-2007, 12:27 PM         #122
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Narcz said:
that's bullsh*t and you keep making excuses....

Producers produce (i.e. make the beat). That's their main job. Mixing and mastering is for the engineers and mixers. I mean hey, if a producer can mix and master their sh*t also then points for them, but that doesn't make them any less of a producer if they don't.

And organize ideas? Making a beat doesn't include the producers idea?

and I'm the one that sounds retarded????

I swear, man...
he asked what a producer does.... so i fu*king told him
 12-29-2007, 12:33 PM         #123
oski369 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow this site is wack sometimes. go to any other site and this thread will not exist, neither will thousands of threads saying buddens is the G.O.A.T.

Dr. Dre- made 50 cent, eminem, the game, made more hits than anyone else, nuff sed.

Timbaland-just look at the charts every year

Scott Storch-More number 1 hits than any1 in the past 3 years

Kanye West-Most unique beats in the game, and still is able to make just as many good songs as every1 els

Pharel-Even Timbland admits hes on the same level as him and dre, countless hits every year ever since he came out.

O almost forgot, just blaze, no explanation needed.

Last edited by oski369; 12-29-2007 at 12:36 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #124
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
So i take it from the responses i got

The more "hits" you have makes you the "better" producer????

some people are just lost sometime

12-29-2007, 12:40 PM         #125
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 come said:
You will get no argument from me when it comes to Premo and Dilla, but Rza?
Can you really put a guy in the company of Dilla and Premo who had a string of classic albums back in the mid 90s? Name me two tracks that Rza has produced in the last three years that more than two people on this board will recognize.
8 diagrams
 12-29-2007, 12:42 PM         #126
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can someone tell me what the fu*k Kanye West has done? What classic album has produced entirely? And don't give me that he has more hits bullsh*t. if I use that logic Soulja Boy is better than Pharaohe Monch because never had a hit like him.
 12-29-2007, 12:47 PM         #127
oski369 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hmmmmm, how bout graduation, And 8 diagrams was a flop, even the wu-tang clan recognized it stating that rzas producing blows, so no whtye have to make a whole new album without rza.
 12-29-2007, 12:58 PM         #128
this music shlt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 oski369 said:
Hmmmmm, how bout graduation, And 8 diagrams was a flop, even the wu-tang clan recognized it stating that rzas producing blows, so no whtye have to make a whole new album without rza.
nobody said rzas production blows. strike one.

graduation is complete trash and not hip hop in any sense of the word. strike two.

if you said to my face... kanye west > rza... id stomp you out. no talking... no trying to open you up to real hip hop. Id stomp you out straight up
 10 years ago '04        #129
Dimone293 
space
space
$1,582 | Props total: 1 1
kanye dre heatmakerz.... timbo... all scarface beats(j prince)
 12-29-2007, 02:00 PM         #130
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 oski369 said:
graduation? your kidding right?
 12-29-2007, 02:41 PM         #131
MortalDanger 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dont geyt me wrong i like all of the above but to answer the thread starters question

dr dre, dr dre, and dr dre ;)

it aint cause of the hits listen to the beats :)
 12-29-2007, 03:23 PM         #132
Danja2Society 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Danja2Society said:
Rick Rubin, Pete Rock, Organized Noize, Timbaland, Dr Dre>>>>>>>>>

Honorable mentions:
Polow Da Don, DJ Toomp, Just Blaze, The Runners
 12-29-2007, 03:46 PM         #133
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 oski369 said:
he used the same drug programming on the entire record
 12-29-2007, 05:10 PM         #134
Narcz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DPGUNIT said:
So i take it from the responses i got

The more "hits" you have makes you the "better" producer????

some people are just lost sometime

Well.... yeah.

What else are we going to base our decisions on. This isn't like with rappers where were judging off lyrics/metaphors/punchlines, etc... If RZA, Premo or Dilla were as great as you guys put them up as, we would hear about them more often. More artists would be running to them for beats. They'd be winning plenty of rewards for "producer of the year" and etc... Can any of you honestly say Timbaland or Just Blaze aren't as creative as them with a straight face?

I bet no-one here even really knew much about Dilla until he died. Yea, I know thats a terrible thing to say but its true. A few big name rappers mention his death and talk about him as a producer and you all go and download all the stuff he produced and co-sign.

Seriously, I bet most of you are just co-signing with this thread because all the other real best producers are mainstream and successful and making money and ya'll wanna root for the underdogs. Or, cuz ya'll think you'll sound like you know Hip-Hop more if you agree. fu*k outta here...
 10 years ago '06        #135
diVERSEity 
space
space
$3,978 | Props total: 0 0
You don't necessarily have to like Dilla's sound, but skill-wise I don't think there should be much arguing. He is, or rather was the best producer out there.
 12-29-2007, 05:23 PM         #136
soundtrack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
timbo,dre,hi tek
 10 years ago '06        #137
diVERSEity 
space
space
$3,978 | Props total: 0 0
 Narcz said:
Well.... yeah.

What else are we going to base our decisions on. This isn't like with rappers where were judging off lyrics/metaphors/punchlines, etc... If RZA, Premo or Dilla were as great as you guys put them up as, we would hear about them more often. More artists would be running to them for beats. They'd be winning plenty of rewards for "producer of the year" and etc... Can any of you honestly say Timbaland or Just Blaze aren't as creative as them with a straight face?

I bet no-one here even really knew much about Dilla until he died. Yea, I know thats a terrible thing to say but its true. A few big name rappers mention his death and talk about him as a producer and you all go and download all the stuff he produced and co-sign.

Seriously, I bet most of you are just co-signing with this thread because all the other real best producers are mainstream and successful and making money and ya'll wanna root for the underdogs. Or, cuz ya'll think you'll sound like you know Hip-Hop more if you agree. fu*k outta here...
I understand what you're saying and I acknowledge Timbaland as a brilliant producer, but to say that J Dilla was not more creative than him and Just Blaze? Come on now, you should go listen to some more of Dilla's work.

Also saying that many rappers would run to them for beats if they were that good is nonsense because that's like saying if you are a great rapper, you'll automatically be successful. I mean, you have Royce in your avy. He's a great rapper but not successful because he does not have a mainstream appeal. It's the same with Dilla and also to a certain extent with RZA and Premo.

I myself have nothing against mainstream music, but it's the sad truth that most of the really good stuff just doesn't sell well because most people don't want to hear it. It's too complex for them or to unusual or whatever. But you definitely can't say that a musician should be judged by his level of fame.
 12-29-2007, 05:46 PM         #138
Narcz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diVERSEity said:
I understand what you're saying and I acknowledge Timbaland as a brilliant producer, but to say that J Dilla was not more creative than him and Just Blaze? Come on now, you should go listen to some more of Dilla's work.

Also saying that many rappers would run to them for beats if they were that good is nonsense because that's like saying if you are a great rapper, you'll automatically be successful. I mean, you have Royce in your avy. He's a great rapper but not successful because he does not have a mainstream appeal. It's the same with Dilla and also to a certain extent with RZA and Premo.

I myself have nothing against mainstream music, but it's the sad truth that most of the really good stuff just doesn't sell well because most people don't want to hear it. It's too complex for them or to unusual or whatever. But you definitely can't say that a musician should be judged by his level of fame.
I can respect that. And you right about the whole mainstream appeal thing. But my personal opinion is Timbaland and Blaze are waaaaay better then everyone mentioned in this thread. I ain't riding anyone's coatails but every time I hear something new from either of them, it's instantly brilliant...
 10 years ago '05        #139
KingCapo 
space
space
space
$2,792 | Props total: 94 94
The Neptunes & Kanye West>>Premo & Dilla

At least to me.

RZA stays though.

Dilla is overrated, fu*k that.
 12-29-2007, 06:28 PM         #140
this music shlt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Narcz said:
Well.... yeah.

you clearly know nothing about hip hop.

Rza doesnt produce outside of the clan (other than scores) and Primo releases sh*t left and right and was all over the radio when hip hop got play... i cant even discuss this with you because youre gonna come with some unknowledged bullsh*t and i cant punch you in your face through the computer so... you win.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy