most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
89 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-29-2007, 12:54 AM         #101
Eqman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Narcz said:
seriously, LMFAO @ people praising RZA mostly....dude is garbage. There's a reason why n*ggas dont go to him for hits. Your not one of the greatest producers if you can't make "hits".
people dont go to him for hits because he can compose actual music and doesn't copy.
 12-29-2007, 01:51 AM         #102
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Southern_Boi said:
oh so they dont make their own sh*t? even more reason why Mannie is the sh*t

Producers arrange, not just program...
 10 years ago '07        #103
Sha 1 heat pts
space
space
$102 | Props total: 1 1
Timbaland
Mannie Fresh
Dr. Dre
 10 years ago '06        #104
Southern_Boi 
space
space
$2,761 | Props total: 1 1
 Black_Deuce said:

Producers arrange, not just program...
I didnt mean it like that bra-bra. Mannie makes beats from scratch I seen him do it, but what you sayin is producers arrange different music together and add stuff to it? I think thats what you sayin, I dont know sh*t bout producing, that I aint something im into. Im into good music, and all I know is that Mannie makes good music straight like that
 12-29-2007, 09:26 AM         #105
ZAFT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
your list is near perfect, swap Dilla with Pete and you have the 3 greatest producers of all time.
 12-29-2007, 10:01 AM         #106
Narcz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:

[pic - click to view]

[S]OH GOD... ROFLMMFGDBAO[/S]

[EVIL]You're not for real[/EVIL]

Dog, do you even produce at all?

Soulja Boy >>> Mannie Fresh

mannie fresh is not even a producer he is a beatmaker

and yes there is a difference
LMFAO, wow.... you hatin on Mannie Fresh but you prefer Dilla and RZA?

looooooooooooool your one of those Hip Hop elitists that refuse to appreciate anything "bangin" aren't you?
 12-29-2007, 10:04 AM         #107
Narcz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
producers mix and master, some times sequence sh*t. organzie ideas... etc.
that's bullsh*t and you keep making excuses....

Producers produce (i.e. make the beat). That's their main job. Mixing and mastering is for the engineers and mixers. I mean hey, if a producer can mix and master their sh*t also then points for them, but that doesn't make them any less of a producer if they don't.

And organize ideas? Making a beat doesn't include the producers idea?

and I'm the one that sounds retarded????

I swear, man...

Last edited by Narcz; 12-29-2007 at 10:05 AM..
 12-29-2007, 10:10 AM         #108
Narcz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eqman said:
people dont go to him for hits because he can compose actual music and doesn't copy.
Da fu*k? RZA samples just as much as any other producer...

He can actually compose music? lol, when... everything I hear from him is something sample. And it always sounds dry and boring too. Sampling/Copy, call it whatever you want but if he really was so great then people would go to him for hits. Think about it. Were not talking about rappers where we can judge them off a whole bunch of sh*t, were talking about producers. What more can we judge them by then their hits and creativity? How many RZA hits have you heard from him minus his Wu-Tang sh*t? None... or maybe like one or two people can't remember...

You Hip-Hop Elitists are so funny sometimes

Last edited by Narcz; 12-29-2007 at 10:12 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #109
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 46 46
Preemo is the GOAT

RZA is nice, but i think Stoupe, Alchemist, and Necro are all better than him.......

Dilla i think is victim of the 'oh he's dead so he's nice now' scenerio, i don't think he's that good of a producer and he only has a few beats that i KNOW he produced that i like........so there's tons of producers (Just Blaze, Pete Rock, Large Professor, Kanye West, hell even RZA) that i think are nicer than he is.......

then there's Timbo, who i think is the second best ever........
 12-29-2007, 11:03 AM         #110
this music shlt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man this sites a joke...

1. Primo
2. Rza
3. Pete Rock

Dillas nice... real heads liked him before he passed... alot of people hopped on after... his talent can't be denied...

Blaze is nice... and an amazing technical producer (as is dilla)...

and for the record... I will never talk hip hop with somebody stupid enough to not know the difference between a Producer's Producer (Dilla, Rza,) and a beatmaker (Primo, PR)... most of you cats sound like you started listening to hip hop after Biggie died and have no idea what hip hop represents.

I wish i could individually ask you guys to rattle off the 4 elements just to get complete silence so i can smoke this blunt in peace
 10 years ago '04        #111
atothek 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 0 0
Stoupe The Enemy Of Mankind
Necro
DJ Muggs
 12-29-2007, 11:27 AM         #112
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Preemo is overrated........... Dilla is the GOAT to me......RZA ain't doin sh*t but movie soundtracks and fu*king up wu-tang albums. Somethins serious when your own crew calls your sh*t wack.

The kings of longevity are right here: Timberland, The Neptunes, and Dr. Dre

Underground heads need to get off that sh*t they smoking and realize these n*ggas make hits every year.
 10 years ago '06        #113
Southern_Boi 
space
space
$2,761 | Props total: 1 1
 this music shlt said:
man this sites a joke...

1. Primo
2. Rza
3. Pete Rock

Dillas nice... real heads liked him before he passed... alot of people hopped on after... his talent can't be denied...

Blaze is nice... and an amazing technical producer (as is dilla)...

and for the record... I will never talk hip hop with somebody stupid enough to not know the difference between a Producer's Producer (Dilla, Rza,) and a beatmaker (Primo, PR)... most of you cats sound like you started listening to hip hop after Biggie died and have no idea what hip hop represents.

I wish i could individually ask you guys to rattle off the 4 elements just to get complete silence so i can smoke this blunt in peace
yeah man every single person that listens to hip hop knows the difference between a producer and a beatmaker. Every single person who listens to hip hop is a lame like you that spends time studying which producer/beatmaker made the beat they heard so they can discuss it on here later

Most of us people out here just listen to the music but yall turn it into something else, like its against the rules or some sh*t not to know the difference between a beatmaker and a producer
 12-29-2007, 11:38 AM         #114
this music shlt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
Preemo is overrated........... Dilla is the GOAT to me......RZA ain't doin sh*t but movie soundtracks and fu*king up wu-tang albums. Somethins serious when your own crew calls your sh*t wack.

The kings of longevity are right here: Timberland, The Neptunes, and Dr. Dre

Underground heads need to get off that sh*t they smoking and realize these n*ggas make hits every year.
if dilla was here today he'd be the first to smack you for saying primos overrated
 12-29-2007, 11:40 AM         #115
this music shlt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Southern_Boi said:
yeah man every single person that listens to hip hop knows the difference between a producer and a beatmaker. Every single person who listens to hip hop is a lame like you that spends time studying which producer/beatmaker made the beat they heard so they can discuss it on here later

Most of us people out here just listen to the music but yall turn it into something else, like its against the rules or some sh*t not to know the difference between a beatmaker and a producer
its not against any kind of rules... i just wouldnt debate hip hop with somebody who doesn't possess that common knowledge...

for example... i don't cook... i'm not going to argue with rachel ray about which oven to cop, i'll take her word because she's the superior head...

so let me school you in hip hop and maybe eventually you can tell me the difference between a kick and a snare
 10 years ago '04        #116
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
Preemo brings out the best in every artist he works with. Not many producers can do that.

Royce - pick a song
Nas - pick a song
Jay - pick a song

some of the best songs in the above emcee's catalog are done by Preemo

MAN HE EVEN MAKES GURU TOLERABLE. I can't listen to Guru by himself, but if Preemo is on the boards, then its all good and Guru steps his game up TREMENDOUSLY. Kanye and timbaland cant make a wack emcee sound good, because the instrumental will out rhyme the artist.

Rza has classic ALBUMS under his belt. Kanye doesnt (maybe his first one), Timbaland doesnt (unless you are counting RnB)... Ironman, Cuban Linx, 36 Chambers, Return to 36 Chambers. The music speaks for itself. RZA is that dood.

Same can be said for Dilla, since as apart of the Ummah, he did some of the most memorable ATCQ tracks ever. He also has Champion Sound with Madlib, which IMO is one of the most slept on albums EVER. Common Ground is STILL my sh*t.

Pete Rock is definitely up there for me, as is Large Professor and Hi-Tek.

I'mma say this though....

WHY DID NUKKAS FORGET THAT Q-TIP AND ERICK SERMON ARE DOPE PRODUCERS??? It seems like they NEVER get brought up. Also....

REMEMBER HAVOC IN HIS PRIME??? I think Murda Muzik was his apex.

And no, I'm not counting Dr. Dre. While he's definitely a beast, he's also a beat jacker... California Love anyone??? Daz did that, and Dre put his name on it.
 10 years ago '04        #117
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
yeah, the Neptunes are dope, they have been for a hot minute too. Remember the early work they did w/ Noreaga?

OOOOOOOOOO....

i see hardly anyone mentioned ORGANIZED NOISE.

Last edited by DIGI; 12-29-2007 at 11:59 AM..
 12-29-2007, 11:59 AM         #118
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 this music shlt said:
if dilla was here today he'd be the first to smack you for saying primos overrated
Dilla wouldnt slap his own cousin
 10 years ago '04        #119
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4

Dilla....

Premo.....

RZA......

10 years ago '04        #120
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
 <<InphDigi>> said:
Preemo brings out the best in every artist he works with. Not many producers can do that.

Royce - pick a song
Nas - pick a song
Jay - pick a song

some of the best songs in the above emcee's catalog are done by Preemo

MAN HE EVEN MAKES GURU TOLERABLE. I can't listen to Guru by himself, but if Preemo is on the boards, then its all good and Guru steps his game up TREMENDOUSLY. Kanye and timbaland cant make a wack emcee sound good, because the instrumental will out rhyme the artist.

Rza has classic ALBUMS under his belt. Kanye doesnt (maybe his first one), Timbaland doesnt (unless you are counting RnB)... Ironman, Cuban Linx, 36 Chambers, Return to 36 Chambers. The music speaks for itself. RZA is that dood.

Same can be said for Dilla, since as apart of the Ummah, he did some of the most memorable ATCQ tracks ever. He also has Champion Sound with Madlib, which IMO is one of the most slept on albums EVER. Common Ground is STILL my sh*t.

Pete Rock is definitely up there for me, as is Large Professor and Hi-Tek.

I'mma say this though....

WHY DID NUKKAS FORGET THAT Q-TIP AND ERICK SERMON ARE DOPE PRODUCERS??? It seems like they NEVER get brought up. Also....

REMEMBER HAVOC IN HIS PRIME??? I think Murda Muzik was his apex.

And no, I'm not counting Dr. Dre. While he's definitely a beast, he's also a beat jacker... California Love anyone??? Daz did that, and Dre put his name on it.
and nobody wants to admit that sh*t either! props....
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
82 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
194 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
69 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
120 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy