Dec 21 - Joe Budden Explains Jay-Z Dis, Tells Hov To Retire

most viewed right now
Bitcoin and Ethereum plummet as South Korea decides on total crypto shutdown
67 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Aziz Ansari Responds to Accusations of Sexual Assault: ‘I Was S..
93 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Rockets trying to bum rush Clippers locker room
88 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Be careful out there, BX
77 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-24-2007, 12:38 AM         #81
Everald101 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yoo Man Jay Needa Retire Buddens Is Right
 10 years ago '05        #82
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Jay-Z got more groupies on BX than Joey.
 10 years ago '06        #83
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
 DreDay17 said:
Hip Hop has an age limit because who wants to see or hear a n*gga at age 50 wit grey hair and bearly able to move around on stage talkin about movin coke or crack on the streets and fu*kin bad bi*ches? Rap has always been targeted towards the younger generations even from the beginning and if i'm 17 and buy albums or got the newest i pod then how in the hell can I honestly relate to a 50 year old Jigga rappin about what he did in the early 80's if its 2015? The fanbase gets outta touch after a while. Where is KRS-1, Rakim, EPMD, Kool Moe Dee, Kurtis Blow, Run DMC, Tone Loc, Young MC, 2 Live Crew, 69 Boyz, Kris Kross, Da Brat, Heavy D, MC Hammer, Craig Mack, Crucial Conflict, the list goes on and on. You have a certain amount of time to get your shine on and make all the money you can in the rap game if your just an artist. There are a few exceptions here and there with people like Snoop and LL but they don't even just rap anymore, they got movies and tv shows to bring in the bulk of they money now. Where Jay gets criticized is when he claimed to have retired and then came back, if you done wit the game then give it up and walk away and do somethin else, take the Def Jam position and make the focus be on the artists instead of keep comin back out and takin the focus off of the same people you are supposed to be there to help. How can you help people have careers like the one you had when your still focused on your own career?
Terrible right here. You have no idea what Hip Hop is. You want to know where KRS-ONe, Heavy D, Rakim, EPMD and a few others are. They are doing shows still for LOYAL fans because alot of yall are so stuck in this bullsh*t murder murder bi*ches and hoes rap music. These n*ggas are legends and Joe just gotta take that sh*t like a man and make hot records period. Dont get me twisted I like Buddens but how do you expect to get accepted in todays music if you dont have a HIT. 2nd of all when Jay took over the president spot at Def Jam, Joe Buddens was already on the shelf as far as releasing a new album so why all of a sudden blame Jay for him not getting released? Just makes no sense. Its a dirty game and n*ggas gotta live with the consequences period. I'm not mad at his statements sayin Hov need to retire. I respect his opinion but at the end of the day Hov still sells records and has a loyal following just like Joe so all you can do is just make music and get money. Bottom line.
 12-24-2007, 02:28 AM         #84
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mood Muzik 2 & 3 >>> Jay's last two albums

Jay has turned into Diddy. He puts out one album from an artist and then shelves them or drops them. Where is the promo for Beans/Freeway? Why hasn't Tru Life, Uncle murder and Peedi (who has been there before the split) dropped an album yet? Where is the Young Chris solo project Now Or Never? (He had that single with Bobby V at the beginning of the year) How come we haven't heard from Bleek in 3 years?

Memphis Bleek = Mase
Beans = Yung Joc
Freeway = Loon
Peedi Crakk = Black Rob
Uncle murder = Criag Mack
Tru Life = G. Dep
Young Gunz = Da Band
Tearria Mari = Cassie
Chrissete Michele = Cheri Dennis
Azteck = Fransworth Bently

Last edited by Krazy K; 12-24-2007 at 02:44 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #85
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$15,126 | Props total: 6385 6385
n*ggaz on bx need to get of joe buddens d*ck. If he was a good as he thinks the n*gga would not have not done sh*t in the rap game for the past 6 years. sh*t hatten on Hov gets you know were but a lil buz on bx from n*gga who gone prolly gone bootleg this n*gga cd if it ever comes out on koch. Because this n*gga prolly will be on koch next.

I'm tired of haten a.ss n*ggaz. If you think you the sh*t prove it and stop bi*chen n*ggaz was not doing sh*t b4 jay became prez
 10 years ago '06        #86
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
 Krazy K said:
Mood Muzik 2 & 3 >>> Jay's last two albums

Jay has turned into Diddy. He puts out one album from an artist and then shelves them or drops them. Where is the promo for Beans/Freeway? Why hasn't Tru Life, Uncle murder and Peedi (who has been there before the split) dropped an album yet? Where is the Young Chris solo project Now Or Never? (He had that single with Bobby V at the beginning of the year) How come we haven't heard from Bleek in 3 years?

Memphis Bleek = Mase
Beans = Yung Joc
Freeway = Loon
Peedi Crakk = Black Rob
Uncle murder = Criag Mack
Tru Life = G. Dep
Young Gunz = Da Band
Tearria Mari = Cassie
Chrissete Michele = Cheri Dennis

Its easy to pick out the artist whom either they haven't released an album in years, never released an album or are no longer with him on the music tip.

What about his success. He's responsible right now if I'm not mistaken for over 21 grammy nominations for Def Jam artists this year alone. Come with facts homie. He's the cosigner to some of this year and last years biggest albums including maybe your favorite aritsts.

Kanye - HIGHEST selling Hip Hop artist this year.
Rihanna - ALBUM a SUCCESS
Ne-yo - ALBUM A SUCCESS
Fall Out Boy - ALBUM A SUCCESS
His own sh*t - SUCCESS
Jeezy, Rick Ross, Fabolous and the list goes on and on.

You can't sit there and tell me this n*gga hasn't released nobody this year. Like I said earlier if you have HITS you will make big things happen in this business. The game is different and the fans dont want to hear what Buddens got to say about his issues and personal problems. We as loyal Budden fans want to hear it but in this industry its all about payin bills and pushin the envelope.
 10 years ago '05        #87
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$15,126 | Props total: 6385 6385
 240ka said:
you obviously dont understand what budden is saying let alone hear how poor of a project "AG and Kingdom come" was.

he's already mades "AG" it was called "RD" and a poor atempted at "RD" part 2

jay should have hung it up after blue print one.

blue print two black all kingdom come, and AG are trash.

his only really good album is "RD" and vol 3 was good
I have read some dumb sh*t on the internet before damn this has to be the dumbest sh*t I ever read. I fu*king eyes hurt just reading this sh*t. The fact that you quoting a n*gga that couldn't go platinum to save his moma life.
 12-24-2007, 03:06 AM         #88
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I take the rappers who complain about the presidency of Def Jam's word with a grain of salt. Something tells me that these rappers are far from intelligent and are less willing to cooperate with the record company more than the company is willing to work with them.

Artists were first complaining about the lack of promotion they received while Jay gets all of this promo for Kingdom Come. They said that Def Jam paid for all of that sh*t, when in reality you see it's the other way around. Budwiser, General Motors, and HP were pouring money into this guy's pocket for cross promotion. He reportedly didn't pay a dime for anything.

That alone tells me a lot of the rappers complaining aren't intelligent and lack enough common sense to find a way to work out an issue they feel like they may be having with the company. So instead of cooperating with everyone, they go out publicly to make disses in songs and interviews. They lose credibility doing that.

I remember Budden saying he was holding out from doing records for his official album....Jay-Z says his album isn't finished. Who's the bad guy here?
 12-24-2007, 03:36 AM         #89
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Crown Loyal said:
Its easy to pick out the artist whom either they haven't released an album in years, never released an album or are no longer with him on the music tip.

What about his success. He's responsible right now if I'm not mistaken for over 21 grammy nominations for Def Jam artists this year alone. Come with facts homie. He's the cosigner to some of this year and last years biggest albums including maybe your favorite aritsts.

Kanye - HIGHEST selling Hip Hop artist this year.
Rihanna - ALBUM a SUCCESS
Ne-yo - ALBUM A SUCCESS
Fall Out Boy - ALBUM A SUCCESS
His own sh*t - SUCCESS
Jeezy, Rick Ross, Fabolous and the list goes on and on.

You can't sit there and tell me this n*gga hasn't released nobody this year. Like I said earlier if you have HITS you will make big things happen in this business. The game is different and the fans dont want to hear what Buddens got to say about his issues and personal problems. We as loyal Budden fans want to hear it but in this industry its all about payin bills and pushin the envelope.

It's easy for an R&B/rock album to sell. Look at how much Keys, Mary and Chris Brown sold out the gate. Keys is already on her way to outselling Kanye(the biggest rap album of the year) and Chris Brown passed Jay.

Jeezy had a flop this year with that USDA garbage (Ok it wasn't a solo but it was still off of Def Jam if i'm not mistaken)
Rick Ross - Trilla keeps getting pushed back as much as Saigon's album
Fabolous had one of the biggest singles of 2007 and just went gold like 3 weeks ago

Most of these artists have no staying power due to being build off of one song. Sure they sell good the first album but after that they fail to stay relevant. It's not just a Def Jam thing tho because the same happened to Yung Joc and Cham
 10 years ago '04        #90
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,221 | Props total: 4568 4568
 Krazy K said:
It's easy for an R&B/rock album to sell. Look at how much Keys, Mary and Chris Brown sold out the gate. Keys is already on her way to outselling Kanye(the biggest rap album of the year) and Chris Brown passed Jay.

Jeezy had a flop this year with that USDA garbage (Ok it wasn't a solo but it was still off of Def Jam if i'm not mistaken)
Rick Ross - Trilla keeps getting pushed back as much as Saigon's album
Fabolous had one of the biggest singles of 2007 and just went gold like 3 weeks ago

Most of these artists have no staying power due to being build off of one song. Sure they sell good the first album but after that they fail to stay relevant. It's not just a Def Jam thing tho because the same happened to Yung Joc and Cham
fu*k you talkin about its a hell of alot harder for rock acts to sell and get signed for that matter.

thats whuy they tour so often because thats where they make their money

rap artist are used to getting big budgets and thats gone now they have to actually go out and grind and tour

thats why rock artists are much better live performers than new rap artist they actually have to go out and tour to make money rappers are lazy and its easy to blame the label
 12-24-2007, 03:13 PM         #91
imjustbeingme86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DreDay17 said:
Hip Hop has an age limit because who wants to see or hear a n*gga at age 50 wit grey hair and bearly able to move around on stage talkin about movin coke or crack on the streets and fu*kin bad bi*ches? Rap has always been targeted towards the younger generations even from the beginning and if i'm 17 and buy albums or got the newest i pod then how in the hell can I honestly relate to a 50 year old Jigga rappin about what he did in the early 80's if its 2015? The fanbase gets outta touch after a while. Where is KRS-1, Rakim, EPMD, Kool Moe Dee, Kurtis Blow, Run DMC, Tone Loc, Young MC, 2 Live Crew, 69 Boyz, Kris Kross, Da Brat, Heavy D, MC Hammer, Craig Mack, Crucial Conflict, the list goes on and on. You have a certain amount of time to get your shine on and make all the money you can in the rap game if your just an artist. There are a few exceptions here and there with people like Snoop and LL but they don't even just rap anymore, they got movies and tv shows to bring in the bulk of they money now. Where Jay gets criticized is when he claimed to have retired and then came back, if you done wit the game then give it up and walk away and do somethin else, take the Def Jam position and make the focus be on the artists instead of keep comin back out and takin the focus off of the same people you are supposed to be there to help. How can you help people have careers like the one you had when your still focused on your own career?
if this is true then hip hop is meant to die and stay immature. to say that someone from the 80s cant rap because its for the younger generation doesn't make sense. what about those people that grew up on that music? do they no longer exist? are they kicked out of hip hop because they aren't into a 17 year old doing the superman? (not that there is anything wrong wit that. it serves a purpose). it just doesn't make sense to me. the issue here isn't jay z retiring or budden being right. the problem is that hip hop isn't allowed to grow so it just stays stagnant. and the fans are ok with kicking jay z out because some new artists comes along. hip hop needs a jay z and joe budden and a kid doing the superman because it shouldn't matter how old any of them are. good music is good music. nothing else should matter. i understand budden would be mad he cant get an album out but i am positive that has more to do with the suits owning 90% of all labels than with jay z. i mean jay has proven he can sell and thats wat their gonna go for. its not jay's or budden's fault on that one. but the only way to fix it is for the hip hop fan to allow the music to grow and stop being involved in all the petty who sold wat crap and how so and so is too old. i mean id like to see the day when older artist talk about raising their kids, (being responsible parents) or making smart financial and business moves. but that sounds like a dream so far. shout out to all rappers over 30. male and female
 10 years ago '04        #92
stalow 
space
space
$142 | Props total: 2 2
 REAL_NESS said:
Why the fu*k do people feel the need to try to put an "age limit" on hip-hop. No other genre of music deals with this, Hov is my favorite MC, as long as he keeps putting out dope music I dont give a fu*k what Budden or Boxden thinks

And Budden got dropped from Def Jam, its not even his concern anymore
GOOD QUESTION...JOEY JUST HATIN CAUSE JIGGAS WORSE ALBUM IS 10 TIMES BETTER THAN HIS BEST!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #93
damjr87 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,133 | Props total: 7 7
Jay don't know good music, and definitely doesn't know how to run a label.
 12-24-2007, 04:57 PM         #94
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JaiMega said:
Jay-Z got more groupies on BX than Joey.
 12-24-2007, 04:59 PM         #95
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 imjustbeingme86 said:
the only way to fix it is for the hip hop fan to allow the music to grow and stop being involved in all the petty who sold wat crap and how so and so is too old
real talk miss
 12-24-2007, 07:02 PM         #96
Scribbler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Joe hasn't had a radio smash since '03.

Jay hasn't had an album worth purchasing and listening to all the way through (more than once) since "The Black Album".
 10 years ago '07        #97
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,399 | Props total: 2177 2177
 REAL_NESS said:
Who the fu*k are you or Budden to say "Jay should hang it up"

A lot of people enjoyed AG, just because you didn't doesn't mean sh*t

And to all yall agreeing with Budden do yall REALLY think it would make a difference if Jay "retired" :rolleyes:
and the ones who did kdont know jhiphop. we dont want to hear someone regirgitate sh*t they already said. "AG" is a poor attempt at "RD" part two but using damn near the same content and really watered down

shut up clown. learn what good content is. jay's has never said anything. peple always thought he did b/c he has good delivery over over produced tracks.

with him not using over produced tracks now people cant get lost in just listening to the track. now they can hear his subject matter and conent and hear he doesnt say sh*t
 12-26-2007, 04:55 PM         #98
mr.hades 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilboyva3000 said:
Give the the young ones a chance Jay. You will forever be remembered.
uhhhh, ok haha
 10 years ago '07        #99
Youngspliff  OP
space
space
space
$1,210 | Props total: 0 0
mood music 3 is Fire
 10 years ago '04        #100
Preech 
space
space
space
$677 | Props total: 0 0
 I_REP_VA said:
BUDDENS sounds MADDD

all I hear is hate.. step your game up man
I guess that's why he titled it Mood Muzik. His mood is all fu*ked.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GOOD LAWD!!! Look At The THICKNESS!!! (BX Detectives NEEDED)
43 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Real Or Fake? Shorty Workin With Some Booty Meat Tho!
16 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Man Calls up DJ Akademiks to tell him how Tekashi 69 PIPED down his girl, then..
103 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DBS Power Rank: True Golden Frieza, Merged Zamasu, Legendary SS Kefla &..
36 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Son, a nigga from Oakland bout to put the whole Comic book world on not..
110 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T.I. Is Not Impressed With These Lines From 2Pac And Iggy Azalea | Rate..
126 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside I Bought a Lamborghini from a Prostitute
21 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Foreign Exchange 🇷🇺 Anastasiya
31 comments
1 day ago