Dec 21 - Joe Budden Explains Jay-Z Dis, Tells Hov To Retire

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
61 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #1
6136 pageviews
117 comments

Youngspliff 
space
space
space
$1,210 | Props total: 0 0
Dec 21 - Joe Budden Explains Jay-Z Dis, Tells Hov To Retire

What came as a surprise to many on Joe Budden’s recently released Mood Musik 3 was “Talk 2 Em” - a track aimed at Jay-Z, his former boss at Def Jam. What was speculation at first was confirmed recently by Budden during an interview with Rhapsody.
“It was disrespectful, but it was a diss with a point: Stop rapping. Hang it up,” Budden said as he explained the reason for the dis. “You’re getting paid to be a president. Be a president. We loved you as a rapper. One of the best to ever do it. Now it’s time to do some other things.”
On the song Budden spits “When the new generation think about Jordan/All they remember is when Iverson crossed him/Take off the blazer, loosen’ up the tie/n*gga fell in love and Superman died.” So what exactly did Budden mean by the Jordan reference?
“If you look at it today, a lot of these younger people didn’t experience Reasonable Doubt, In My Lifetime, Vol. 1, and the things that people my age have come to love Jay for. The younger generation is like, eh, f*ck it, whatever. They don’t really respect it,” he explains. “I don’t think he puts that fear in any artists like he once did. It’s like Shaquille O’Neal now. Shaq was one of the most dominant people to ever play. Nowadays, he’s still worth something, but it’s just not the same.”
Budden also takes time to talk about American Gangster.
“Everybody is calling American Gangster a concept album. It’s a Jay-Z album,” he continues. “He’s talking about the same exact sh*t he’s talking about on Reasonable Doubt. Where’s the concepts? He just needed something to attach it to, which he did. He needs to be a president and start putting out some fu*king artists.”
Budden isn’t the first, and may not be the last, in a long line of disgruntled artists who have had words about Jay’s position at Def Jam. “If a million people are calling you a duck, then you probably need to look in the mirror,” Budden says. “There’s not one rapper on Def Jam that has been broken since Jay and L.A. Reid have gone to Def Jam. Kanye, Jeezy and Ludacris sold records prior to them getting there. They really don’t know what they’re doing as far as hip-hop goes. And I don’t think Jay is too concerned with trying to rectify that.”
Jay-Z hasn’t responded as of press time and who knows if he will. But DX will keep you posted if anything else transpires.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.hiphopdx.com/i .. -hov-to-retire

117 comments for "Dec 21 - Joe Budden Explains Jay-Z Dis, Tells Hov To Retire"

12-21-2007, 09:47 PM         #2
lilboyva3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Give the the young ones a chance Jay. You will forever be remembered.
 10 years ago '04        #3
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,733 | Props total: 2548 2548
So no 'Roc Boys' or 'Success' just because 'young boys' wanna come out?
Nah, I'm with Jay on this one. If I want to still make records (that open to more than 400,000 units the first week) then I shall.

If Budden could get paid to do both, he will to.
 10 years ago '04        #4
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
i dont care as long as jayz comes out with another cd as good as A.G. he can put out as many as he wants i dont giv a damn how old he is or wat he does as president for other artists
 10 years ago '07        #5
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
Joey gotta reason to be mad. I liked AG alot, but Jay can't be putting out classics and be sh*ttin on the n*ggas he's suppost to be helpin sell. That's just fuked up. But hey what can you do?
 10 years ago '04        #6
MochaWhitey 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,514 | Props total: 310 310
hes got a good point though, regardless if you agree
 12-21-2007, 10:26 PM         #7
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why the fu*k do people feel the need to try to put an "age limit" on hip-hop. No other genre of music deals with this, Hov is my favorite MC, as long as he keeps putting out dope music I dont give a fu*k what Budden or Boxden thinks

And Budden got dropped from Def Jam, its not even his concern anymore
 12-21-2007, 10:35 PM         #8
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
talk to em!
 10 years ago '05        #9
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 REAL_NESS said:
Why the fu*k do people feel the need to try to put an "age limit" on hip-hop. No other genre of music deals with this.

Word to big bird!
How old is U2? Bon Jovi?
Maaaaaaan let the music play till they hit the grave!

And do not get me wrong I like Joey but I read this interview and he just sounds bitter. Kinda out of character for the boy Mouse.

And lol @ the fact that me and the REAL_NESS got the same signature concept
 12-21-2007, 10:46 PM         #10
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Swisher sweet said:
Word to big bird!
How old is U2? Bon Jovi?
Maaaaaaan let the music play till they hit the grave!

And do not get me wrong I like Joey but I read this interview and he just sounds bitter. Kinda out of character for the boy Mouse.

And lol @ the fact that me and the REAL_NESS got the same signature concept
Oh sh*t!
 12-21-2007, 10:50 PM         #11
CenterField 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
Why the fu*k do people feel the need to try to put an "age limit" on hip-hop. No other genre of music deals with this, Hov is my favorite MC, as long as he keeps putting out dope music I dont give a fu*k what Budden or Boxden thinks

And Budden got dropped from Def Jam, its not even his concern anymore
^^ditto
 12-21-2007, 11:19 PM         #12
eNcrypTioN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ i agree
 10 years ago '06        #13
DreDay17 
space
space
$1,401 | Props total: 122 122
Hip Hop has an age limit because who wants to see or hear a n*gga at age 50 wit grey hair and bearly able to move around on stage talkin about movin coke or crack on the streets and fu*kin bad bi*ches? Rap has always been targeted towards the younger generations even from the beginning and if i'm 17 and buy albums or got the newest i pod then how in the hell can I honestly relate to a 50 year old Jigga rappin about what he did in the early 80's if its 2015? The fanbase gets outta touch after a while. Where is KRS-1, Rakim, EPMD, Kool Moe Dee, Kurtis Blow, Run DMC, Tone Loc, Young MC, 2 Live Crew, 69 Boyz, Kris Kross, Da Brat, Heavy D, MC Hammer, Craig Mack, Crucial Conflict, the list goes on and on. You have a certain amount of time to get your shine on and make all the money you can in the rap game if your just an artist. There are a few exceptions here and there with people like Snoop and LL but they don't even just rap anymore, they got movies and tv shows to bring in the bulk of they money now. Where Jay gets criticized is when he claimed to have retired and then came back, if you done wit the game then give it up and walk away and do somethin else, take the Def Jam position and make the focus be on the artists instead of keep comin back out and takin the focus off of the same people you are supposed to be there to help. How can you help people have careers like the one you had when your still focused on your own career?
 10 years ago '04        #14
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
my god buddens , shut the fu*k up .......

maybe you should retire your careers going noware fast ....
 10 years ago '04        #15
JJH35 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,840 | Props total: 891 891
maybe he should retire like the real joe camel did from tv commercials...

he's just like every other rap artist 2 or 3 songs max that are descent out of 17 tracks and 8 skits per album
 10 years ago '04        #16
OaklandsFinest 
space
space
space
$1,270 | Props total: 25 25
 DreDay17 said:
Hip Hop has an age limit because who wants to see or hear a n*gga at age 50 wit grey hair and bearly able to move around on stage talkin about movin coke or crack on the streets and fu*kin bad bi*ches? Rap has always been targeted towards the younger generations even from the beginning and if i'm 17 and buy albums or got the newest i pod then how in the hell can I honestly relate to a 50 year old Jigga rappin about what he did in the early 80's if its 2015? The fanbase gets outta touch after a while. Where is KRS-1, Rakim, EPMD, Kool Moe Dee, Kurtis Blow, Run DMC, Tone Loc, Young MC, 2 Live Crew, 69 Boyz, Kris Kross, Da Brat, Heavy D, MC Hammer, Craig Mack, Crucial Conflict, the list goes on and on. You have a certain amount of time to get your shine on and make all the money you can in the rap game if your just an artist. There are a few exceptions here and there with people like Snoop and LL but they don't even just rap anymore, they got movies and tv shows to bring in the bulk of they money now. Where Jay gets criticized is when he claimed to have retired and then came back, if you done wit the game then give it up and walk away and do somethin else, take the Def Jam position and make the focus be on the artists instead of keep comin back out and takin the focus off of the same people you are supposed to be there to help. How can you help people have careers like the one you had when your still focused on your own career?

I feel you... But at the same time, if krs-1, crucial conflict, MC Hammer and them boys could still sell records the way American Gangster did, they'd still be droppin albums too! On a flip side, that would be like nike sayin they aint sellin nomore Air Force 1's cuz they signed Lebron and want his sh*t to blow. The rap game is about supply, and demand. And as long as there is a demand for a Jay-Z cd, he should keep them sh*ts comin! Nowadays catz just be hatin...
 10 years ago '05        #17
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
[QUOTE=OaklandsFinest;11098664]I feel you... But at the same time, if krs-1, crucial conflict, MC Hammer and them boys could still sell records the way American Gangster did, they'd still be droppin albums too! On a flip side, that would be like nike sayin they aint sellin nomore Air Force 1's cuz they signed Lebron and want his sh*t to blow. The rap game is about supply, and demand. And as long as there is a demand for a Jay-Z cd, he should keep them sh*ts comin! Nowadays catz just be hatin...[/[QUOTE]

so true
 10 years ago '05        #18
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1873 1873
BUDDENS sounds MADDD

all I hear is hate.. step your game up man
 12-22-2007, 02:25 AM         #19
GURBINA1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OK HOV IS DOING HIP HOP NO ONE ELSE IS DOING HIP HOP SO WHY SHOULD HE STOP I MEAN HE'S TEACHING THE YOUNG WANNA BEES WHAT A RAPPER IS AND HOW A SICK FLOW SHOULD SOUND AND WHAT BEING CONSISTANT IS I MEAN ALOT OF THESE YOUNG ACTS ARE ONE HIT WONDERS I MEAN WHERES THE " THIS IS WHY IM HOT" GUY? OR WHATS THE OTHER FOOL UMMM "MIKE JONES" AND THE REST OF ALL OF DOES ONE HIT FOOLS I MEAN THE ONLY ONE WHO IS CONSISTANT IN MAKING NUMBERS IS JAY Z FIFTY AND KANYE AND TI THATS HIP HOP MAIN LINE WORLD WIDE AND NATION WIDE YOU TALK ABOUT RAP THE CURRENT ACTIVE RIGHT NOW THE NAMES WILL BE JAY-Z FIFTY CENT KANYE WEST TI AND SOME WILL BRING SNOOP BUT OTHER THEN THAT NO ONE ELSE.... PROP IF YOU KNOW I AM RIGHT.......
 10 years ago '06        #20
Syk 
space
space
space
$682 | Props total: 144 144
ok, ok, i understand everyone who's saying hov should still rap but damn man stop using ur marketing budget at def jam to feed your fu*king ego. yeah you want to go plat but damn, why does Jay have to put so much money into marketing himself? if he claims to be a God then why does he have to drop so much dough on himself? people will buy your album regardless. promote who you're supposed to be loyal to. beans and free. and where has young guns been? i just hope jada doesn't feel the wrath of a non budget. if so he can blame neyo and rhianna.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
43 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
130 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
76 comments
2 days ago