most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
129 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 12-27-2007, 10:42 AM         #121
RASKiiT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i thought it was good
 10 years ago '04        #122
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
if the dog didn't die, i would have liked it alot more....that sh*t pissed me the fu*k off
 12-27-2007, 11:43 AM         #123
Professa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tommymm96 said:
if the dog didn't die, i would have liked it alot more....that sh*t pissed me the fu*k off
yea i deff feel ya...i dont think there was a reason for the dog to die...i mean he figured out the cure for humans so why couldnt he figure out a cure for dogs sooner?
 10 years ago '04        #124
l0udm0uf 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,678 | Props total: 3 3
 jgamel81 said:
it was a good movie until the end. they were doing well with the story, and how all the sh*t happened. then all of a sudden, the end. coulda been at least 30 min longer.

that was exactly my problem as well it was just like, BAM over and ur like wtf??? noo that cant be right..

will did do an incredible job though, :applause: where he was breaking down and stuff talking to manikins
 10 years ago '04        #125
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
I thought the movie was great, but then I actually read the book, which it seems most people here didn't do. If you had read the book you probably wouldn't be upset that it wasn't full of action, I would be upset if they did turn it into constant action, with him being some kind of superhuman monster hunter, he's supposed to terrified and on the edge of insanity. They changed a number of facts from the book, and compressed the time line a lot, but I thought they stuck to the spirit of the book, the essential aspects of it.

***SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER***

The only drastic alteration was actually finding the cure, and having a surviving human population, but I expected that, it is Hollywood, they couldn't just have him accept the extinction of the human race and die.

In the book he finds the dog later on, after he was so starved for companionship, and it dies of the virus. Just like the movie, the book doesn't have a whole lot of back story, just flashbacks about his family, and a few things related to the virus. He isn't a doctor in the book, but he is trying to find a cure, and I actually liked the fact that the movie made him a doctor, as it makes more sense to have him searching for the cure as a doctor, rather than just some guy. As for why the creatures became more organized and more intelligent as far as setting the trap and caring about the female, in the book the sickness mutates, and a number of them develop a way to live with the virus and construct a society. In the book, he goes around during the day k!lling the sick people, which prompts retaliation, this is the role of the woman he took to experiment on in the movie (in the book he also does experiments, and only on women). They send a woman to "accidentally" run into Neville and gain his trust in the book, to scout out how he's defended, this is sort of represented by the woman and the kid, loosely. In the book, the woman they sent falls for him, and warns him to leave or they'll k!ll him, and he makes up his mind to stay and die, he decides since he's now the minority, the new "society" is right to fear him and want to get rid of him, so he accepts his fate. The movie also captured his turns from sense and lucidity to sudden insanity. I really liked the part when he goes in the kitchen and thinks its his family at first, that's a nod to the book, where the woman the vampires sent to spy on him is leaving during the night, and he wakes up and thinks its his dead wife at first. The thing with the mannequin in the adult section of the video store calls back to the s3xual frustration of being a man alone in the book, with the female vampires taunting him. Even the sort of rushed feeling of the end reminded me of the book.

Really, I think a lot of people would have a better appreciation for the movie if they had read the book first.

Last edited by HHS; 12-29-2007 at 09:07 PM..
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
89 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy