Dec 14 - NYPD Probes "Criminals Gone Wild" Director For Fraud

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-14-2007, 09:25 AM         #1
10072 pageviews
1 comments

Danja2Society 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dec 14 - NYPD Probes "Criminals Gone Wild" Director For Fraud

Shocking hood DVD, Criminals Gone Wild, is now being investigated by New York authorities as a possible fraud after conflicting accounts from participants.

On Tuesday (Dec. 11) New York's Daily News reported that 25-year-old Brooklyn filmmaker Ousala (FD) Aleem was the director behind the popular Criminals Gone Wild video - a DVD retailing for $26.98 that showcases scenes of violent criminals as they commit atrocities on camera. [
[pic - click to view]

Watch Trailer below]

"The minute you come out with crime footage everybody wants to buy it," Aleem boasted to Daily News reporters. "My pockets are fat now."

According to Aleem, he had no difficulty finding content for the film. He claims that many of the purported thugs would call him up saying, "Come over to my part of town if you want to see some real crime."

The Daily News has reported that the video first came to their attention after a man, claiming to be one of the victims videotaped, alerted them about its existence. The alleged victim, who asked that his name be protected, told the Daily News he believed Aleem filmed him during a stickup last summer.

"I know that was the guy who robbed me," the man said, "He showed the gun and said 'Don't say nothing. Don't say nothing. Just hand it over.' Across the street I seen the guy with the camera."

Though he reported the incident to police, the man said he didn't pursue the cameraman because he feared further repercussions, since police had been unable to a.ssist him after similar, previous muggings.

The
[pic - click to view]

MySpace page for Criminals Gone Wild reads: "This DVD features 100% real never before seen footage of bold criminals audacious enough to be willingly videotaped or unwillingly surveillanced(sic) as they go on brutal rampages on US streets and soil...Watch as unsuspecting victims get beat, robbed, jacked and shot."

However, in more recent reports, authorities are now seriously questioning the authenticity of theDVD.

According to a Daily News story published today, a man named Alec O'Donoghue told local NYC Channel 11 news that he made an appearance in the DVD as an actor and that all the crimes were staged.

"I'm telling you out of my mouth as an actor... everything was fake," O'Donoghue said, adding that he shot as many as four takes for some scenes.

Additionally, a press release emailed yesterday from someone identifying himself as Lucid Geneus sent to various members of the press proclaimed:

"Last night (Dec 12) you may have seen me on prime time news (every channel) or in the Daily News page 7 as a criminal robbing people in a DVD called Criminals Gone Wild. America loves gangsta @#!*. However please don't be alarmed, it was all acting and marketing on the behalf of Lucid Geneus Marketing Schemes and FD Entertainment."

As of press time "Lucid Geneus" did not respond to SOHH's emails.

Whether the crimes recorded for Criminals Gone Wild are real or a fraud, an NYPD spokesperson says the police department is currently reviewing the video in order to see if any of the recordings match actual crimes and to decide whether there is enough evidence to investigate Ousala Aleem.

[pic - click to view]

Real Crime Caught On Tape (Criminals Gone Wild Video)

[pic - click to view]

http://sohh.com/articles/ .. icle.php/13212

1 comments for "Dec 14 - NYPD Probes "Criminals Gone Wild" Director For Fraud"

10 years ago '04        #2
infam0uskills 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,440 | Props total: 5523 5523
i saw that sh*t, that sh*t did look staged. they had a white boy robb a crib, eating food, watching tv in the house, playing the piano. Then he goes up stairs finds like 10,000 in cash and steals a benz with the keys in it and the car wasnt locked. This was all with the person on "vacation". how many people go on vacation and leave the benz unlocked with the keys inside of it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
42 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
169 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now