December 13th, 2007: Official Mitchell Report Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
209 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-13-2007, 02:51 AM         #1
7174 pageviews
304 comments

luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 13th, 2007: Official Mitchell Report Thread

The Mitchell report bout to air out the league at 12PM EST.

Roger Clemons still gotta arm like that ...ROIDS!

304 comments for "December 13th, 2007: Official Mitchell Report Thread"

12-13-2007, 03:55 AM         #2
EMS the God  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
The Mitchell report bout to air out the league at 12PM EST.

Roger Clemons still gotta arm like that ...ROIDS!
heard about that this morning,, its about to be ON!
 10 years ago '07        #3
CaP 
space
space
space
$1,329 | Props total: 0 0
NEW YORK -- Former Sen. George Mitchell has called a 2 p.m. ET news conference for Thursday at the Grand Hyatt hotel to release the results of his committee's 20-month investigation into the use of performance-enhancing drugs in Major League Baseball.
Commissioner Bud Selig will react to the report during a 4:30 p.m. news conference at the nearby Waldorf Astoria Hotel. MLB.com will carry both news conferences live. The report itself will be posted at MLB.com shortly after it is released.

Mitchell, a former federal prosecutor, is a director of the Boston Red Sox, and was chairman of The Walt Disney Co., the parent of ESPN, at the time Commissioner Bud Selig established the committee on March 30, 2006, charging it with leaving "no stone unturned" in its quest to determine what happened in baseball's so-called steroid era.

Several news outlets, including The a.ssociated Press, are stating that up to 80 players will be listed in the report, including MVPs, All-Stars and some "very, very high-level names," although none of those names had surfaced as of late Wednesday night. The AP, quoting two sources, also said that the full report totaled 304 pages, plus exhibits. In recent years, such superstars as Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Jason Giambi, Gary Sheffield, Jose Canseco and the late Ken Caminiti, among others, have all been linked to reports or have admitted their own steroid use.

Various news reports said Mitchell will make recommendations to Major League Baseball and the Players a.ssociation about how to shore up the current Major League drug policy.

ESPN.com also reported that Mitchell's report recommends that the management of the drug policy should be turned over to an independent agency and there should be an improved effort in educating players about drug use. Additionally, it's reported Mitchell will suggest greater transparency to the program by revealing the drug for which a player tests positive and improving to state-of-the-art testing with a greater incidence of year-round testing.

One of the keys to Mitchell's investigation seems to have been the willingness earlier this year of Kirk Radomski, a bat boy, equipment manager and clubhouse attendant for the Mets from 1985-95, to provide Mitchell with players' names as part of his plea bargain with the federal government in the case against the Bay Area Co-Operative Laboratory. Radomski pleaded guilty to providing players with performance-enhancing drugs during that period.

A national investigation into the illegal sale of steroids and human growth hormone by the Albany, N.Y., district attorney's office is believed to have also provided Mitchell with previously undisclosed names.

Names of nine former or current Major Leaguers have already surfaced from that investigation and Selig suspended two of those players -- Jose Guillen of the Royals and Jay Gibbons of the Orioles -- for 15 days each for the start of the 2008 season. Those suspensions may provide a road map for how the Commissioner will deal with other players named in Mitchell's report.

Mitchell reportedly will fault the sport's leadership -- from the Commissioner to the Players a.ssociation, club owners and general managers -- for allowing the culture of performance-enhancing drugs to grow in the late 1990s.

The report will be delivered with the backdrop of Bonds having just pleaded not guilty last week in a San Francisco federal court on four counts of perjury and one count of obstruction of justice. Bonds' plea related to his own use of performance-enhancing drugs in testimony he gave four years ago before a grand jury investigating BALCO for money laundering and illegally selling performance-enhancing drugs without prescriptions.

Selig appointed Mitchell after he read the book "Game of Shadows," which documented the BALCO investigation, in which Bonds, Giambi and Sheffield were alleged to have used steroids.

While Mitchell's committee has never had subpoena power, he and his group of investigators have spent months and millions of dollars conducting interviews from the clubhouse to the front office as trainers, strength coaches, former players, general managers, managers and team presidents have all spent time answering queries.

And now, after 20 months of those questions, Thursday will bring some long-awaited answers.

Edit: site:

Discuss

Last edited by CaP; 12-13-2007 at 04:32 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #4
pfictre 
space
space
space
$614 | Props total: 0 0
Somehow I just know people will still place all the focus on Bonds. I can't wait to see Clemens and Schilling on the list.
 12-13-2007, 04:47 AM         #5
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man I'm anxious for this sh*t.....
 10 years ago '07        #6
CaP 
space
space
space
$1,329 | Props total: 0 0
Well Bonds and Conseco got carried away with the juicing. They got too big and noticeable. so at those two. Conseco is the narc that started this sh*t since he sucked and cried about it
 10 years ago '04        #7
muzikhead 
space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 1 1
I just believe it's bigger than just focusing on Bonds. Just don't like to see one person get used as the face of the problem. MLB is very aware of the abuse and has probably been aware of it for awhile. I believe they tolerated it when revenue & ratings started to decline. Making more money made MLB turn a blind eye to it. When the owners & players agree to these lucrative contracts. Performance is the main focus of the contract agreement. This is where the pressure to consistently perform= PHD's. PEACE!!!!
 10 years ago '06        #8
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,965 | Props total: 3473 3473
I wonder if stats are going to take a drop after this in a year or two
 12-13-2007, 05:32 AM         #9
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The leauge is about to get murked.

CLEMONS!!!!!!!!
CLEMONS!!!!!!!!!!

How can you hate on Bonds after this sh*t?
 10 years ago '05        #10
justindlawson 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,860 | Props total: 0 0
i cant wait!!!!!!!!!
 12-13-2007, 07:08 AM         #11
Blue Cartwright  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Off top, A LOT of black players are gonna be on there, LoL!
 12-13-2007, 07:43 AM         #12
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This list is going to ruin my day
 10 years ago '04        #13
muzikhead 
space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 1 1
I just want the league exposed. They just sat back like they did not know anything about the rampant drug abuse. I believe the league condoned it as long as profits for baseball were growing. All these fu*kin sports lack honesty & integrity. Bad example for kids all across the board. Now when some of these other major stars get exposed. I want to see the same hate given that Barry Bonds receives.
 12-13-2007, 08:57 AM         #14
Blue Cartwright  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Now all them reporters can get off Barry Bonds d*ck, now that they

"great white hopes" about to get put on blast.
 10 years ago '05        #15
bluntednt 43 heat pts43
space
space
$8,275 | Props total: 0 0
:applause: I cant fu*kin wait!!!
 12-13-2007, 09:03 AM         #16
Spookerrr  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blue Cartwright said:
Now all them reporters can get off Barry Bonds d*ck, now that they

"great white hopes" about to get put on blast.
Ur a fu*king idiot
 10 years ago '04        #17
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 741 741
Im anxious
 10 years ago '04        #18
kingofdasouf 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,822 | Props total: 392 392
da sh*t starts at 12.....I hope we get names off da bat, but we will probably get politics and sh*t for about an hour
 10 years ago '06        #19
AF1PIMPN 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,313 | Props total: 66 66
I just want 2 see da backlash from da names & see if they crucify da "OTHER MAN" like they did da "BROTHER MAN".:applause:
 10 years ago '06        #20
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
i bet johan santana is next to get named
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy